Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

black ops 2 prices

Options
  • 03-10-2012 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭

I was wondering what are the prices for black ops and the hardened edition around the place and is the hardened edition worth the extra money.:D:D:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

rvpalldway wrote: »
    I was wondering what are the prices for black ops and the hardened edition around the place and is the hardened edition worth the extra money.:D:D:D

Have you tried checking anywhere to find said prices? Took me about 3 seconds to Google it up and find prices for the Hardened edition and the Care Package edition. I've no idea if they'd be worth the extra dollar or not though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

neither come with Elite membership, so probably not worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

neither come with Elite membership, so probably not worth it.

They don't?? I preordered in GameStop and its 90 euro I was sure elite was in there at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

They don't?? I preordered in GameStop and its 90 euro I was sure elite was in there at that price.

No, it has no elite. Pure and utter rip off at that price. Standard for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

No elite, pure waste. Hasn't stopped me ordering the Hardened because by the time it comes out I'll have built up enough credit from trade ins etc but this is by far the worst value for money from a COD special edition yet

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Looking to pre-order this for my son. Kinda confused about what Elite is, as far as I can make out its a stat gathering application that gives you the DLC before anyone else...is there more to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

EnterNow wrote: »
    Looking to pre-order this for my son. Kinda confused about what Elite is, as far as I can make out its a stat gathering application that gives you the DLC before anyone else...is there more to it?

The stat gathering part is free to everyone, The premium elite part gives you access to all the DLC and gets you the DLC early and a few tiny things like extra theater mode slots. They haven't announced how elite will work for Blops2 yet but it doesn't come with the Hardened or Care package edition. If your son really wants the elite you could buy it from the marketplace and just get the standard edition. The only benefit to the hardened edition is 1 zombie map that you can't buy off the marketplace separate at launch but you will eventually.

Tbh the premium elite isn't worth it as they had 50% off the maps packs for MW3 on xbox live during the summer so it turned out cheaper to buy separately.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Can you only get the hardened and care package editions if u pre-order, or can u get them after the release date?

Usually you'd be quite lucky to get them after launch, Game Stop some years have had spare though, last Black Ops with the RC for example was available for a few months. You can pre order free with Smyth if that's any use though, no obligation to collect if you change your mind

m.ie.ign.com/articles/2012/10/15/black-ops-2-elite-service-will-be-free

That explains it, bloody thieves! So basically Elite will now be free, except the DLC season pass will stand as a separate fifty quid purchase, so if that's all you were buying it for then the best way I can figure is buy the standard, buy the season pass and more than likely the extra zombies content from the hardened will come your way over the year. If not, then it will most definitely be available as a separate purchase and you can use the tenner you saved by getting the season pass to buy it. Either way the hardened edition has zero appeal to me now, money wasted in my opinion, especially given how few people I can find online playing DLC zombie maps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Gamestop are sold out of the Hardened edition already.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

I'm caught between getting the standard edition, and the care package edition. That helicopter yoke looks deadly, and I also want the Nuketown map!

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭rvpalldway

ya i preordered it and yes it is sold out look up gamestop online and see

There'll be a spare Hardened edition in Smyths in Naas, just letting ya know! :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

can you imagine the amount of people who ordered the carepackage and still think they are getting some sort of Elite sub, i'd say the number is in its 1000,s. i was going to order the next one down "prestige" i think it is until i heard there is no elite. just some tokens to use for extra classes and some weapon camo. no thanks not for another 40 euros of my hard earned money.

its so outrageous it's actually funny.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭garysully1986

They announced the other day that Elite is free this year, Id say they will go back to the old way of getting DLC with points. Still think I will get the Hardened version, its pretty much the only game I play at this stage so might as well spend a bit more on it.

The one down from the Care Package is Hardened.

Instead of getting the DLC with Elite Premium, there will be a Season Pass that gives you all the DLC. It'll be about $50.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭freebee23

HMV in Blanchardstown has resumed taking pre-orders for the hardened edition.
    Went in to them 2 weeks ago and could not pre-order but tried again yesterday and no problem.

Freebee23

freebee23 wrote: »
    HMV in Blanchardstown has resumed taking pre-orders for the hardened edition.
    Went in to them 2 weeks ago and could not pre-order but tried again yesterday and no problem.

Freebee23

Any idea of how much it is?

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭freebee23

mcgovern wrote: »
    Any idea of how much it is?
    HMV quoting €69.99 for it. However price may go up or down.
    Strange that Gamestop are quoting €89.99 and can't get a price comparison anywhere else. On amazon they quote approx £58 with an extra £2 to ship it to Parcel Motel up North delivered on release day. Works out at approx €75.00
    Hope that HMV's price is close to the release price as I don't fancy paying any more for it when it comes out.

HTH
    Freebee23

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭ShaunC

Has anyone got any price updates yet. I see gamesnash have it for €59.99. It probably won't come any cheaper than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

ShaunC wrote: »
    Has anyone got any price updates yet. I see gamesnash have it for €59.99. It probably won't come any cheaper than that.

Tesco normally undercut everyone on the first day , their UK preorder price is £39 (about €47) with a free black ops T for the first 1000, havent yet seen the prices for Tesco Ireland yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭rvpalldway

when i preordered it at gamestop they said it wud be about 90 but im seeing online that other shops are selling it for way less could gamestop come down in price??????

• Registered Users Posts: 18,145 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

€199.99 in Gamestop for the Care Package.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

€199.99 in Gamestop for the Care Package.

So you're paying an extra €130 for a remote control thing and a plastic crate.

Game stop and Smyths will be ninety for the hardened at launch, HMV and Tesco will undercut but it's likely they'll have little or no stock after the midnight launch so pre booking would he essential.

Little or no chance of a reduction on the hardened at 90

• Registered Users Posts: 4 donKretone

HMV 49.99€ (standart edition) and for pre-order:
    - nuketown 2025
    - double XP on release weekend
    - mini zombie strategy guide (HMV exclusive)
    - midnight launch in Blanchardstown SC

• Registered Users Posts: 15 stevef28

Dose the 24 hour tesco in maynooth have it at midnight anyone know ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 DIGGLE55

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Baz IRL

Does anyone know if Tesco in Lucan sells console games?

Advertisement