Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

100 Free photos - pay €1.99 postage

• 03-10-2012 8:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭

Spotted this over on HUKD.

Register with Aldi photos and they send you a promo code for 100 free prints (you just pay the postage which is €1.99).
    http://www.aldiphotos.ie/

Some mixed reviews of the quality of the photos so don't blame me if the quality isn't up to your standards :p

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭flower tattoo

donnacha wrote: »
    Spotted this over on HUKD.

Register with Aldi photos and they send you a promo code for 100 free prints (you just pay the postage which is €1.99).
    http://www.aldiphotos.ie/

Some mixed reviews of the quality of the photos so don't blame me if the quality isn't up to your standards :p

Where does it say you get 100 free photos? I don't see it....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

donnacha wrote: »
    Register with Aldi photos and they send you a promo code for 100 free prints
    Where does it say you get 100 free photos? I don't see it....

In bold, you must register..

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭paikea

I confirm it. I have registered and got an e-mail with a promo code for 100 free prints.

Thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 3 smmd

I have availed of this offer. Photo quality is very good. Takes a while to upload if you have a lot of pics though. Will def use them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭living

Confirmed

The code is "100FREE" but to use it you have to get registered so it's not very useful to post it here XD

Thanks OP!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Nice one OP! Can't wait to get my prints :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

What size prints

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Aye Bosun

I've just register with them, but can't see where I get the 100 free photos, can some give me more directions? Sorry to be a pain but the only thing i see is .08c per photo??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

They send you an email :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭thenightrider

Is there an expiry on the 100 free photos ?
    I could use this but im waiting to get my photo's of someone that took them and are putting them on to a DVD.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Aye Bosun

They send you an email :)
    Thanks, just got that, I'm having a bad day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭donnacha

Is there an expiry on the 100 free photos ?
    I could use this but im waiting to get my photo's of someone that took them and are putting them on to a DVD.

Thanks

no expiry mentioned - everyone gets the same code when they register so i'd imagine its just to encourage you to make the first order

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭donnacha

km79 wrote: »
    What size prints

10 x 15 cm (4"x6")

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭ando

Damn Bargain Alerts!!!!!!! Got me again :rolleyes:

Awaiting delivery of photo's that I didnt need!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭omega42

This has been running for a good while, I used them just after xmas and again there last week, Very happy with the quality Supper fast, Ordered them on wed nite and the arrived on the monday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,596 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I find them grand, the program they provide is easier though than explorer upload. Quality is grand, they arrive fast plus their bigger photos are good value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 369 ✭✭Papillon!

Gonna order some tonight. Cheers :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 685 ✭✭✭luketitz

Excellent, thanks OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Mr.S wrote: »
    I'm looking to get 60-70photos printed, finding it impossible to upload though!

The web uploader only lets me select 1 photo at a time, I downloaded the desktop program they offer, but it just freezes when I try to select all the photos! (using a mac)

Any ideas?!

At the bottom of the aldi email confirming your registration it has a link to free software, which is "recommended for large orders" perhaps it has a batch upload option.

If you do try it let us know if it has. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 685 ✭✭✭luketitz

Vexorg wrote: »
    At the bottom of the aldi email confirming your registration it has a link to free software, which is "recommended for large orders" perhaps it has a batch upload option.

If you do try it let us know if it has. :)

Yes, it does have the batch upload function, works well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,666 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Ended up ordering 300 photos of my home, 2 child births and a few other special moments among them. Photo albums are back ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Amouar

For those who already received the photos, how long does it take to receive them by post after getting the email saying that the order was dispatched?
    thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

ted1 wrote: »
    Ended up ordering 300 photos of my home, 2 child births and a few other special moments among them. Photo albums are back ;)

photos of two child births? ewwww.

not sure my wife would have allowed me get the camera out

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,666 ✭✭✭✭ted1

sneaky camera phones ;) ah well there pictures of the baby within 4 minutes of being born.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Eireann81

Amouar wrote: »
    For those who already received the photos, how long does it take to receive them by post after getting the email saying that the order was dispatched?
    thanks

I ordered my photos last Thursday. I got an email yesterday (Monday) evening to say the order had been dispatched, and got the photos today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Amouar

Eireann81 wrote: »
    I ordered my photos last Thursday. I got an email yesterday (Monday) evening to say the order had been dispatched, and got the photos today :)

Thanks for the info.

Was it send from a UK address or and Irish one? Just wanted to know as i also received the dispatch email but still nothing in post.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Eireann81

Thanks for the info.

Was it send from a UK address or and Irish one? Just wanted to know as i also received the dispatch email but still nothing in post.

Thanks

I think it was a UK address but not 100% sure on that as I threw all packaging/receipts away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 356 ✭✭mckildare

Thanks for the info.

Thanks

Ordered mine last Tuesday and they arrived yesterday. It's a UK address on my invoice.

Thanks OP for the link, great bargain. I'm very happy with the prints :)

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭living

Do you know how long the offer lasts? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭magnavox

living wrote: »
    Do you know how long the offer lasts? :)

It has been running for ages and I doubt it will end soon. I used the same offer months back.:)

I was disappointed with the size to be honest. They were supposed to be 6x4 or at least I thought they were. They are on fact 5.3 x4 . Smallest photos I've ever sent :(

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭crossvilla

Be careful with cropping the pictures, I got mine back with a few heads chopped off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭ando

I was disappointed with the size to be honest. They were supposed to be 6x4 or at least I thought they were. They are on fact 5.3 x4 . Smallest photos I've ever sent :(

They are quite small, but one of my pictures came out with a proper 6x4 ? One???

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Wizzy2011

For those of you who are disappointed with the size of your pictures, it is because you have lacked to notice the default photo size when uploading your pictures.
    Just above the dialogue box where it asks you to 'Select your Pictures', the print size has been set at a default size of 3'' x 5.5''. Change this to 4'' x 6'' and viola problem solved.

Wizzy2011 wrote: »
    For those of you who are disappointed with the size of your pictures, it is because you have lacked to notice the default photo size when uploading your pictures.
    Just above the dialogue box where it asks you to 'Select your Pictures', the print size has been set at a default size of 3'' x 5.5''. Change this to 4'' x 6'' and viola problem solved.
    No I did that. The photos are 4" but are not 6" they are 4X5.3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

My were dispatched on the 19th, still haven't arrived :(
    Think I'll have to get onto them if they don't arrive on Tuesday, had hoped it was taking this long for everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭nibtrix

No I did that. The photos are 4" but are not 6" they are 4X5.3

Digital photos have a different aspect ratio (4:3) than traditional film photos (3:2) making them much squarer. If they printed them on 4"x6" paper you would have some of the photo cropped out. The smaller (squarer) size paper means that the whole photo will be there.

You can override the selection of size on the website but you might end up with some of the photo missing. Alternatively some of the sites allow you to select a border along the 6" side so the print will be correctly sized.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

got the email , but

This is your promotional code for 100 free standard prints 10 x 15 cm (4"x6"). To claim your free prints you will be asked to enter this code once you have uploaded your images.

weres the code? seems to be blank?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭recyclebin

The code is 100FREE. It can only used once per account but you can register multiple accounts with different e-mail addresses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

recyclebin wrote: »
    The code is 100FREE. It can only used once per account but you can register multiple accounts with different e-mail addresses.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 brianbrain63

Just tried this ,it still works.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Thanks OP. Was just about to order holiday snaps from photo box!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Thanks op! I'm getting closer to finally printing off years of baby photos

Advertisement