Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need Loan advice

Options
  • 03-10-2012 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hey, so heres the deal.

I'm planning on going to japan for a year and as a requirement I need €1600 in my bank account. which isnt a lot but im unemployed and getting that much b4 the end of the month would be rather difficult.

So im thinking of going to my local credit unino and asking them for a loan of €2,300.

After the first month id be giving them back the inital €1600 straight up and after than procede to a reasonable payment plan.

Now the job im going over to interferes briefly with the working holiday visa as it is fulltime work. Otherwise things would be different I presume.

So what im wondering is would they go for something liek that if I provided proof of employment?

Or is it a case of id need collateral as security?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I'd be shocked of you got it, if you did you would def need a guarantor with a good history with the credit union.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Basically no, your proof of employment is for a job in a far away land where if you didnt pay they could do little to recover the funds. A guarantor may help the cause as mentioned is a good member of the CU.

Advertisement