Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

question about illness!!

Options
  • 03-10-2012 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

yo ! new on here, got shown this site by my dad ( believe it or not ! ) and im wondering can anyone help me with this...

see iv been off sick for two days and iv missed a deadline for a module im taking.. now i have a doctors cert and all that but im just wondering will i be allowed hand in my project or is there some sort of late penalty even with a doctors cert?

much abliged if i could get a response soon as i have little time left till im back in!! (9am thursday morning)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

You should have e-mailed your lecturer when you got sick and let them know of the situation to be on the safe side. In my course the late penalty for submission of assignments was always 10% per week late, so you would be capable of getting max 90% for the assignment if the same penalty applies since you handed up within one week of the deadline.

Saying that given the sick cert you should be fine although I'm not 100% that the rules state it, every lecturer I've had to deal with has always been good in relation to these type of issues.

Hope it works out for you.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Eoghanom

cheers man means a lot that you replied ! spose boards is good for something after all :) and yeah i had all the work done on time and everything just wasnt there to submit it so ill give it up to her either tomorrow or during the next class .

thanks again ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

No problem, just remember that's my experience so don't take it as a guarantee!

Advertisement