Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with Pure Telecom

• 03-10-2012 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Had broadband & phone pack with eircom for years, & never any problem. Pure Telecom rep recently persuaded me to switch to them. Signed up for phone pack & 12 month contract for broadband. Since switch happened 4 days ago, can make outgoing calls, but cant receive incoming calls. Broadband connection through my existing eircom modem, goes down & comes back after a few minutes. If I know a web address, I can get into it - but if i have to do a google search, nothing happens - it will not display a list of web options.
    Pure Tel have tried to solve these problems a few times, without success & appear baffled. When I had eircom broadband, I always used IE for google searches. As I said, using IE for google search with Pure Tel, does not work. Pure Tel got me to try google search using Mozilla - & this works OK. Pure Tel are now arranging to get technician to check for line faults.

I imagine I have grounds to cancel the 12 month contract with Pure Tel, but I am more curious to know the explanation for these problems.
    Pure Tel got me to reconfigure the internet settings. Are Pure Tel using same infrastructure as Eircom. Are eircom doing something to shag up customers who switch.
    Any observations please.

Advertisement