Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend me a motion control trainer

Options
  • 03-10-2012 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33,645 ✭✭✭✭

I'm not a runner, only play football and I have a history of lower leg problems over the last 6 or 7 years.

Started off with acute achilles tendonitis which I got cleared up but latest one for the last 6 months or so is shin splints, and caused me to stop playing.

Had various orthotics over this time, but I got the pressure pads/GAIT analysis done today with a consultant podiatrist. His first advice was to ditch my old trainers immediately (too flimsy) and buy a pair of motion control ones.

So I have searched and most of them look pretty clunky and the design not as up to date as most others.

Could someone point me to a few pairs that are reputed to be good in motion control but look ok too!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭jfh

Mizuno alchemy

• Registered Users Posts: 10,459 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Look OK? Not sure what you mean. IMHO all running shoes look pretty crap but I guess it's a subjective thing.

I use Saucony Omni Progrid 10 so that's what I'd suggest.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,790 ✭✭✭✭dahat

jfh wrote: »
    Mizuno alchemy

+1 here and look reasonable under a trakkie for comfort wear but as with most running runners look hideous under jeans

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

Motion control shoes almost always look clunky because they are. It's the big bulk that provides the motion control.

However, I would have serious reservations about the advice from your podiatrist. If you have had problems over the last few years then there are definitely some issues with your pose. A weak core or glutes are very common and at the root of a lot of running problems, not that I could identify what your problem is over the internet, of course.

Wearing motion control shoes will not fix the problem at all. I'd definitely get a second opinion, and not from someone who will only look at your feet. The root of the problem is almost certainly coming from some other part of your body.

Advertisement