Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ableton's Sampler Question

Options
  • 03-10-2012 10:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭

Hey,

I use Ableton's Sampler feature quite a bit but it doesn't seem to work with .nki files like kontakt instruments. On Ableton's website it says it should.

My copy of Ableton is fully licensed and registered so it isn't some dodgy bug from a cracked version.

Just wondering if any of you know a way around getting the .nki files to work in Sampler or know of any other file types that you can drag straight in and have a soundbank already up.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭madtheory

Try emailing Ableton!

The website doesn't say what version of Kontakt it supports. It's up to v5 now. Kontakt 4 and lower cannot load v5 files.

The website does say:
    AKAI S1000, S3000, GigaStudio, EXS, SoundFont and (non-encrypted) Kontakt

Sound font and S1000 are especially common, so try those.

The Ableton website does say it won't load encrypted Kontakt files. I guess this means the biggies such as VSL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭narwhalthe

Cheers for your reply madtheory! Will check those out now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭woodsdenis

It will import EXS files easily. Kontakt ones are far more problematic as they may involve scripting, round robin etc.

Advertisement