Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longest extending lead???

• 03-10-2012 10:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know what the longest lenght you can get an extending lead?

My old bold girl has gotten bolder on walks, now if I let her off lead anywhere at all she just shoots me her doggy grin and takes off knowing that my 2 legs can't catch her 4 legs despite them being 14 years old, particularily with my 2 year old child in tow!!!

I had some success for a while with tethering her to another dog but now she just drops like a stone and won't move or she'll deliberately clothes line us. I've tried a 30ft tracking line but she deliberately runs around any solid obstacle, us or particularily targets my daughter! She's bold as brass.

I don't want her having any muscle wasting from not getting a good run out but I just can't have her taking off and coming back when she feels like it. I thought a really long extending line might work.

Damn dog :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

I think 8 metres is as long as they come. I use an 8 metre flexi lead with another 8 metres of rope attached. It gives my dog plenty of room to run around but I can still control most of the length fairly easily.

I often though of tethering her to my other dog but was worried they might trip someone. I'm on holiday in the middle of nowhere and have the use of an empty field, so I might just give it a go!

Advertisement