Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sender address rejected by the server??????

• 03-10-2012 11:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭

Hi,
    I have an issue sending mail from two accounts through both the iPad and my iPhone 4S. It gives me a sent sound, then follows that with a message to say the senders address was rejected by the server. Why would this come up as the settings seem correct, and the mail gets out sometimes also. Or sometimes it resents them successfully when I open the mail app next time. Any ideas? The only thing these two accounts have in common is they're black night email accounts for two different websites I have with them, and thus are have web mail platforms for sending and receiving. Outlook has no problem sending or retrieving mail, and the apple devices retrieve it fine, it's just when I try to reply!!!!!

Any help gratefully received!

Ed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 dolce

Ed

I also have blacknight emails from the website and had this problem with my iPhones & wanted to set up IMAP's on them. I contacted them through their online TECHNICAL SUPPORT and got it all sorted out. Here's the relevant blurb from the transcript of our conversation. I hope it helps:

3:40:52 PM: Damian: * Go to 'Settings -> Mail, Contacts, Calender -> your email account'.
    * Click on the account name and then your SMTP hostname
    * Click on your SMTP hostname again
    * Enter your username and Password. Your username should be your full e-mail address (e.g., 'joeblogs@mydomain.com')
    * Make sure the Authentication is set to Password

I did this and still had a problem sending email so Damien told me:

you should make sure that all options for ssl are turned off (SSL was still there on the Advanced tab so I de-selected it)
    Phone's now work beautifully!

BTW, I have Outlook 2007 on one laptop but I didn't get it on my new one so I'm currently using Windows Mail (as Outlook.com doesn't support IMAP). If it's of any interest, I got the following instructions from him for that:

3:56:35 PM: Damian: Open Windows Mail.
    * Go to 'Tools -> Accounts'
    * Click on your email account to highlight it, then click 'Properties' to the right.
    * Select the Servers tab.
    * Under the Outgoing Mail Server tab, tick the box 'My server requires authentication' and click Settings.
    * Tick 'Log on using' and in the Account name field enter your email address, and then enter the password for this email account.
    * Tick the box 'Remember password'.
    * Confirm changes by clicking OK

I find their TECHNICAL SUPPORT great but I had spent ages trying to find the information on the website beforehand so now I just go to the 'room' for any queries!

I hope this helps - Cheers, Jo

Advertisement