If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony TV's?

Options
  • 03-10-2012 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭

Looking at either the 40 or 46 HX853 TV.

Do Richersounds stock them?

Powercity are currently the best prices I can find:
    40HX853: €1315.95 with 5 year warranty
    46HX853: €1597.95 with 5 year warranty

Can RS do any better?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Dazzling D

Aren't Sony giving a free blu-ray player and 5 year warranty with this TV too? I bought it earlier in the year and missed out :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭SachaJ

Dazzling D wrote: »
    Aren't Sony giving a free blu-ray player and 5 year warranty with this TV too? I bought it earlier in the year and missed out :(

I wouldn't call it free..... the price of TV's went up €100 to include the DVD blu-ray player

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

SachaJ wrote: »
    Looking at either the 40 or 46 HX853 TV.

Do Richersounds stock them?

Powercity are currently the best prices I can find:
    40HX853: €1315.95 with 5 year warranty
    46HX853: €1597.95 with 5 year warranty

Can RS do any better?

Hi Sacha,

Thanks for getting in touch. And apologies about the delay in getting back to you.

We're offering the 40" for £1,088.94 / €1,414.20 inc a 5 year warranty.

For the 46" it's £1,189.95 / €1,545.38 inc a 5 year warranty.

These are the best prices I can offer unfortunately.

Chris

Hi Sacha,

Thanks for getting in touch. And apologies about the delay in getting back to you.

We're offering the 40" for £1,088.94 / €1,414.20 inc a 5 year warranty.

For the 46" it's £1,189.95 / €1,545.38 inc a 5 year warranty.

These are the best prices I can offer unfortunately.

Chris

Hi Kenny,

Many thanks for that.

Can you tell me do those prices include/exclude shipping?

Also do you have any information of the build date of the TV's you have in stock? I see some people over on AVForums are getting TV's with build dates in September 2012.

Thanks again...

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Kenny,

Many thanks for that.

Can you tell me do those prices include/exclude shipping?

Also do you have any information of the build date of the TV's you have in stock? I see some people over on AVForums are getting TV's with build dates in September 2012.

Thanks again...

Sashaj,

thanks for the post and apologies for the delay getting back to you.

The pricing has changed a little since our last posts:

40HX853 is now £989.95 / €1229.99
    40HX853 with 2 pairs 3D glasses is now £1049.95 / €1299.99

46HX853 is now £1189.95 / €1479.99
    46HX853 with 2 pairs 3D glasses is now £1249.95 / €1559.99.

These prices exclude delivery - delivery on the 40" would be £29.95 and £39.95 for the 46" - apologies that the delivery's a bit steep - we insure these expensive screens in case the couriers think they resemble basketballs....:eek:

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Sashaj,

thanks for the post and apologies for the delay getting back to you.

The pricing has changed a little since our last posts:

40HX853 is now £989.95 / €1229.99
    40HX853 with 2 pairs 3D glasses is now £1049.95 / €1299.99

46HX853 is now £1189.95 / €1479.99
    46HX853 with 2 pairs 3D glasses is now £1249.95 / €1559.99.

These prices exclude delivery - delivery on the 40" would be £29.95 and £39.95 for the 46" - apologies that the delivery's a bit steep - we insure these expensive screens in case the couriers think they resemble basketballs....:eek:

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Great thanks. Do you guys also deal in Euro?

About my other question..... do you have any idea on build dates for the sets you have in stock?

Great thanks. Do you guys also deal in Euro?

About my other question..... do you have any idea on build dates for the sets you have in stock?

SJ,

apologies I completely overlooked the build date Q - and unfortunately I have no prior knowledge of the build dates of the individual deliveries - however Sony stock is constantly flowing into us and the 853's we only order on demand - ie we don't hoard stock - so they should be pretty fresh - however again I honestly cannot guarantee a build date.

On the Euro issue, yes we are happy to do euro pricing and I had quoted euro prciing for your 853's as requested,

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

SJ,

apologies I completely overlooked the build date Q - and unfortunately I have no prior knowledge of the build dates of the individual deliveries - however Sony stock is constantly flowing into us and the 853's we only order on demand - ie we don't hoard stock - so they should be pretty fresh - however again I honestly cannot guarantee a build date.

On the Euro issue, yes we are happy to do euro pricing and I had quoted euro prciing for your 853's as requested,

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

OK great thanks. If I took a spin up (I'm in Drogheda), do you take Euro in store on Visa Debit etc?

I plan to wall mount the HX so might need a soundbar also. Could you do some sort of deal on something along the lines of a Sharp HTSB250 or similar (suggestions?) that doesn't require an extra remote to adjust volume if I were to buy the TV also?

Thanks for all your help.

OK great thanks. If I took a spin up (I'm in Drogheda), do you take Euro in store on Visa Debit etc?

I plan to wall mount the HX so might need a soundbar also. Could you do some sort of deal on something along the lines of a Sharp HTSB250 or similar (suggestions?) that doesn't require an extra remote to adjust volume if I were to buy the TV also?

Thanks for all your help.

Or the Sony SA-46SE1 if you can lay your hands on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

I thought a Visa Debit card can be used in any country (or over the internet) wherever the Visa symbol is present (most retailers). Makes no difference whether it's a credit or debit card.

The only difference between a Visa debit card and credit card is the money is taken out of your account rather than issuing credit. The retailer will receive the sterling (in this instance), and your bank account will be debited in euro to the sterling equivalent on that day.

• Advertisement

<Ollie> wrote: »
    I thought a Visa Debit card can be used in any country (or over the internet) wherever the Visa symbol is present (most retailers). Makes no difference whether it's a credit or debit card.

The only difference between a Visa debit card and credit card is the money is taken out of your account rather than issuing credit. The retailer will receive the sterling (in this instance), and your bank account will be debited in euro to the sterling equivalent on that day.

True... but my main concern was can they take Euro in store considering they are based in Belfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

True... but my main concern was can they take Euro in store considering they are based in Belfast.

Euro as in cash?

<Ollie> wrote: »
    Euro as in cash?

...still trying to find availability on the soundbars for you - I'll revert asap.

On Visa debit - yes we do accept Visa debit instore and we can charge you in euro without any currency implications (ie the charge will show up as a euro charge on your statement - not a sterling charge with a euro conversion performed by your bank) or we can charge you in sterling at our standard pricing and you can accept the risk of the bank currency conversion - we think that's fair as it leaves the Customer in control of whatever way they want to pay.

We do also accept euro cash in-store no problem and we are happy to quote a euro price on any of our products.

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Cheers John. Also sent you a PM.

Thanks,

Sacha

Cheers John. Also sent you a PM.

Thanks,

Sacha

Any feedback on my PM? Hoping to take a spin up around the 20th/27th if it can be worked out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Sacha.

Could you forward the PM to me as John hasn't been on boards the last day or two ?

Thanks

Dave

Hi Sacha.

Could you forward the PM to me as John hasn't been on boards the last day or two ?

Thanks

Dave

As I've not had any response to my PM's I'll just post my questions here:

How does your "Lowest Price Guaranteed" system work as you are based in Northern Ireland? Do you take other prices from the UK into account, match them and then knock £20 off?

For instance here is the TV on a UK site for £1149.99 with a free S490 Blu-ray player (it says 5 year warranty if you do an in-store demo but are Sony giving these warranties anyway until the end of October?):
    http://www.purewell.co.uk/sony-bravia-kdl46hx853-46-full-hd-3d-led-television-p-1718.html

As I've not had any response to my PM's I'll just post my questions here:

How does your "Lowest Price Guaranteed" system work as you are based in Northern Ireland? Do you take other prices from the UK into account, match them and then knock £20 off?

For instance here is the TV on a UK site for £1149.99 with a free S490 Blu-ray player (it says 5 year warranty if you do an in-store demo but are Sony giving these warranties anyway until the end of October?):
    http://www.purewell.co.uk/sony-bravia-kdl46hx853-46-full-hd-3d-led-television-p-1718.html

Apologies for the delay getting back to you - unfortunately I have been out of the office a lot over the last few days.

Our price beat on TV is pretty simple - basically as long as its at a cheaper price at another UK or Irish retailer and it's the same product with the same conditions and the dealer is an authorised dealer we will happily beat the price (stocks permitting of course) the full T's and C's can be found here: http://www.richersounds.com/information/pricebeat

Apologies again for the late response..

ATVB,

John Mc

Apologies for the delay getting back to you - unfortunately I have been out of the office a lot over the last few days.

Our price beat on TV is pretty simple - basically as long as its at a cheaper price at another UK or Irish retailer and it's the same product with the same conditions and the dealer is an authorised dealer we will happily beat the price (stocks permitting of course) the full T's and C's can be found here: http://www.richersounds.com/information/pricebeat

Apologies again for the late response..

ATVB,

John Mc

John, thanks a million for getting back to me. So based on the link above, does that price fall into your price guarantee? If so, I'm looking at £1129/€1389?

That link above also includes the S490 Blu-ray player which RS have listed for £95. What do you do in this case? Just price match the TV or match the package? (I'm more interested in the Panasonic BDT500 to be honest if you could do a deal on that instead).

Just to bump the above questions as I've not heard back (to PM's or emails either).....

In relation to the Blu-ray player. The retailers down here are offering the S490 or €129 off other Sony goods. Are you offering the same promo and if so, could I get the £95 off a Sony S790 Blu-ray player instead?

I've also heard that Sony will be offering the James Bond 007 Blu-ray collection with these TV's from the 26th October. Can you confirm that?

Hoping to get everything lined up for a trip to Belfast on the 27th if possible. Won't be able to travel up again until the 17th of November.

• Advertisement

Just to bump the above questions as I've not heard back (to PM's or emails either).....

In relation to the Blu-ray player. The retailers down here are offering the S490 or €129 off other Sony goods. Are you offering the same promo and if so, could I get the £95 off a Sony S790 Blu-ray player instead?

I've also heard that Sony will be offering the James Bond 007 Blu-ray collection with these TV's from the 26th October. Can you confirm that?

Hoping to get everything lined up for a trip to Belfast on the 27th if possible. Won't be able to travel up again until the 17th of November.

Hi SachaJ,

Apologies about the delay in getting back to you.

I've checked the link below and unfortunately it doesn't meet our terms.

The TV has to be collected in store and it looks like they don't have any stores in Ireland.

We're currently offering the 55" 853, with a free 5 year warranty and a BDPS 790 for £1,629.90.

Let me know what you think.

Chris

Hi SachaJ,

Apologies about the delay in getting back to you.

I've checked the link below and unfortunately it doesn't meet our terms.

The TV has to be collected in store and it looks like they don't have any stores in Ireland.

We're currently offering the 55" 853, with a free 5 year warranty and a BDPS 790 for £1,349.90.

Let me know what you think.

Chris

You sure that's the 55"?

The 46" with the S790 is listed for £1349 alright which is a strange price as it makes the S790 £150 more expensive than the S490 whereas elsewhere on your site it's only £105 more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭quenching

<Snip>

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment:

@quenching,

I've snipped your remark above - please take a moment to read the Charter for this forum, it's in the Stickey titled "PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING...." here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055564744, which includes the following:
    As a general principle, if you're not asking Richersounds for a quote/information/involved in a deal here, it's usually best to proceed with caution. A more judicious approach to interventions and expressing opinions is needed here than would otherwise prevail in a general discussion area, such as the Home Entertainment Forums.

If you see a post which is looking for a quote or advice from RS, please resist the urge to offer your opinion ! Such queries are not an open invitation for posters to make suggestions etc, these queries should be left to RS to answer. If queries or requests for quotes attracted everyone's opinion, the forum would be unworkable. This is not intended to prevent the usual chat and banter which you will regularly see on the RS forum.

This forum is for interraction between Boardsies and Richersounds. Occasional misplaced attempts to be helpful are understandable, but posts which are inappropriate in the context of this notice will be snipped or deleted without notice. If you wish to give advice in response to queries, make suggestions etc, then there are plenty of queries and discussions in the Home Entertainment Forums, where your contribution will be very welcome.

Ritz.

You sure that's the 55"?

The 46" with the S790 is listed for £1349 alright which is a strange price as it makes the S790 £150 more expensive than the S490 whereas elsewhere on your site it's only £105 more expensive.

Hi Sacha,

Apologies. Was looking at pricing on both.

So for the 55", 790 and 5 year you're looking at £1,629.90

For the 46", 790 and 5 year it would be £1,349.90.

Chris

Boo to Ritz ;)

Can i ask how long the extended 5 year warranty offer is available until, I'm being told end of October by some and end of January 2013 by others. And are they still "In-Store" only?

quenching wrote: »
    Boo to Ritz ;)

Can i ask how long the extended 5 year warranty offer is available until, I'm being told end of October by some and end of January 2013 by others. And are they still "In-Store" only?

On the 5 year - I'm not sure to be honest - locally we are not part of the Sony 5 year warranty and we are doing our own Richer Sounds 5 year panel protection warranty and that can change at pretty short notice - however the 5 year has been on the 853's for a good while now and I have not had any indication that it will change any time soon..

...on the instore - unfortunately they are still in-store only - if that changes I'll pop up a post here asap,

Thanks again and keep me posted if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc

So, if I've got this right, the 46" KDL46HX853 plus the BDPS490 is £1199.95, which also includes a RicherSounds 5 year warranty on the TV, plus all the Bond movies on BluRay from Sony via a claim form. The BDPS490 page also mentions that you get some Harry Potter BluRays if bought before 31st Oct, does this have to be a separate purchase or does the "free" player qualify also?

How does the Richersounds warranty work if I have a problem with the TV in Dublin, do I have to get it back to the Belfast store or is it collected. Also, the T&C's of the RS warranty state "Richer Sounds agrees, subject to the following conditions and exceptions to extend the guarantee for the product for the benefit of the bearer within the duration of the extended guarantee which is valid in the UK only," which would imply that it doesn't cover Rep of Ireland?

I'm told the 5 year warranty as supplied by Sony (Ireland) ends on the 31st October with no plan to extend it into November.

The Harry Potter Blu-rays are not available in the South but on the 1st November there will be a Spiderman Blu-ray 4 movie box set available on selected Sony home cinema equipment. I have no idea what equipment it applies to though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi there.

Unfortunately the T's&C's are written by our guys in the UK but the warranty does cover Ireland and this is an at home warranty so if something goes wrong with the TV (excluding accidental) then we send someone down to you to collect the TV, repair it and return it to you.

The other blu ray films can also be claimed on the 490, however this promotion only ran until yesterday.

I hope this helps but if you have any other queries, just drop us a line.

ATB

Dave
    quenching wrote: »
    So, if I've got this right, the 46" KDL46HX853 plus the BDPS490 is £1199.95, which also includes a RicherSounds 5 year warranty on the TV, plus all the Bond movies on BluRay from Sony via a claim form. The BDPS490 page also mentions that you get some Harry Potter BluRays if bought before 31st Oct, does this have to be a separate purchase or does the "free" player qualify also?

How does the Richersounds warranty work if I have a problem with the TV in Dublin, do I have to get it back to the Belfast store or is it collected. Also, the T&C's of the RS warranty state "Richer Sounds agrees, subject to the following conditions and exceptions to extend the guarantee for the product for the benefit of the bearer within the duration of the extended guarantee which is valid in the UK only," which would imply that it doesn't cover Rep of Ireland?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.