Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

megadave.....should he give up the singin?

• 03-10-2012 11:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭

just listenin to Megadeth on youtube, vocals are very brittle, he could ad a flanger to it or something ...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

He's always sounded like that. Not a singer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

I dunno, I kinda like it :D He's not a vocalist, but the gruff and squeaky combo is kinda signature Megadeth now. Can't imagine them any other way!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Cill94

His voice seemed to be totally shot on some of the live videos I've seen from the last 2 years. Then in more recent ones his voice sounds like it's gotten better... they might have just dubbed over with studio singing though.

But when they're in working order, I love his vocals and, to me, Megadeth would not be worth listening to without 'em. They're odd but they compliment the music perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Elrollo

Sure you couldnt picture Sweating Bullets being sung by anyone else really!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,668 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

The vocals sound like they are snarled out the side of the mouth by an ugly fecker who has a chip on his shoulder but can't quite express it poetically enough. Try getting someone other than Mustaine to sing like that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭giant_midget

He smokes A LOT of weed, Maybe that has something to do with it, Lucky bastid :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Love Megadeth and whilst Mustaines voice can grate after a while i could never imagine anyone else singing for them. It's as much a Megadeth signature as his riffs are imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭steveone

Cill94 wrote: »
    His voice seemed to be totally shot on some of the live videos I've seen from the last 2 years. Then in more recent ones his voice sounds like it's gotten better... they might have just dubbed over with studio singing though.

But when they're in working order, I love his vocals and, to me, Megadeth would not be worth listening to without 'em. They're odd but they compliment the music perfectly.

that's what I should have posted :D

Advertisement