Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cliffy B leaves Epic games

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,521 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    The other moderators and category mods saw it and didn't act on it, take from that what you will.

Yup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

gizmo wrote: »
    They're called manbags ShadowHearth, jesus... :pac:

Sorry, I am not local. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

I'd report Andy for backseat moderating except for that he's doing it to the mod :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

What's he ever done that that's made him a dickhead?

he's arrogant, belittling, smug, smarmy and all round unpleasant. no reflection on his ability to make games. you said you didnt know why people have beef with him, im telling you why people in the games media have beef with him. it's because he's a dickhead, personality wise

• Helix wrote: »
    What's he ever done that that's made him a dickhead?

he's arrogant, belittling, smug, smarmy and all round unpleasant. no reflection on his ability to make games. you said you didnt know why people have beef with him, im telling you why people in the games media have beef with him. it's because he's a dickhead, personality wise
    Comical hatred to a man in the industry who is outspoken and not afraid to speak his mind. Considering how much money the games industry generates its nice to have a celebrity esk games developer speak on us chat shows etc..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

that doesnt mean he's not a gigantic twit though.. to be fair, i don't like most of the developers I've seen interviewed, that doesn't mean i don't enjoy their games or appreciate the work they've put into it.

Like Tom Cruise, i cant stand that guy, but i quite like most of his films. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Comical hatred to a man in the industry who is outspoken and not afraid to speak his mind. Considering how much money the games industry generates its nice to have a celebrity esk games developer speak on us chat shows etc..

again, you're completely missing the point. having people like him isn't necessarily a bad thing. look at mourinho in the football. i just answered the question of why he's not liked

im all for people speaking their mind, that doesn't make them dickheads. being a dickhead to other people makes people dickheads

telling a pr girl that if he saw her anywhere near a console during an event he'd have words with her boss (and not in the "can you ask her not to play the game please" kinda way) because she wasn't very good at gears of war 3, and not being remotely joking about it, is being a dickhead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

It seems to be only in the videogames industry you are allowed to be a complete tool , you dont see half the idiotic things these so called professionals come out with time to time. He may be good at his job but with was a bit of a gob****e along with his butt buddy david jaffe

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It seems to be only in the videogames industry you are allowed to be a complete tool , you dont see half the idiotic things these so called professionals come out with time to time. He may be good at his job but with was a bit of a gob****e along with his butt buddy david jaffe

There's plenty of mouthpieces in music and film to mention 2.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,542 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

He's no Lars von Trier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

At least he never threatened to make all of us his bitch

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

madrab wrote: »
    At least he never threatened to make all of us his bitch

John Romero is a pretty cool bloke, don't bring up that ad :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,873 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I always found him to be pretty sound. He rubbed people up the wrong way alright but I'd prefer someone to have a personality than be an over rehearsed PR spokes person, even if you disagree with him.

Having had the displeasure of meeting the man on a number of occasions all I can say is that he is a massive tosser. He's an egoistical, unlikeable and nasty individual but at the end of the day it doesn't matter in the least as he's been behind some damn enjoyable titles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

It's probably time for him to get laid :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,711 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Notorioux wrote: »
    It's probably time for him to get laid :pac::pac::pac:
    Well, this discussion is going places...
    :rolleyes:

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

take from that what you will.

That two moderators, instead of acting impartially and infracting trolls before a thread got out of hand, decided to pick and choose when to observe the rules of the T&S based on whenever they feel like it, and who they like and don't like, instead of being impartial? Just want to make sure we are both 'making what we will of it' in a similar fashion before I report you both to admin, and request they remove you Retro, as a moderator for your repeated inability to do the job, never mind trolling your ass off for about 30 pages in that Final Fantasy VII thread.

You are the worst, most incapable and moraly bankrupt moderator on this site Retro, don't doubt it. And that is saying a lot.
    Helix wrote: »

Ah sure you're just jealous of his Ferrari!
    Helix wrote: »
    telling a pr girl that if he saw her anywhere near a console during an event he'd have words with her boss (and not in the "can you ask her not to play the game please" kinda way) because she wasn't very good at gears of war 3, and not being remotely joking about it, is being a dickhead

Ah you're just jealous of his biceps!
    Having had the displeasure of meeting the man on a number of occasions all I can say is that he is a massive tosser. He's an egoistical, unlikeable and nasty individual but at the end of the day it doesn't matter in the least as he's been behind some damn enjoyable titles.

Ah you're just jealous of his beautiful teeth!

etc... etc... ;)

Lots and lots on record of him being a twat. You don't see people saying that about Spector. And there is a very good reason for that. No smoke without fire...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,711 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Dear Andy!!

You sound like a troll.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Dear Andy!!

You sound like a troll.

776441_black_kettle_1.jpg

Also I'm faaaaairly certain you have no idea what a troll is. A troll is not a person making valid points you disagree with, a troll is someone who posts inflamatory bull**** that has no bearing on anything. For example:
    K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Reported for underage trolling.

Grow up & come back when you're legally allowed to play Gears of War.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Hercule

Justice for the "home>games>games 1" - I for one am with Andy on this one, for too long have the moderators on this forum stifled opinions! Do what boards.ie pays you to do and stop the trolling!

I think Cliffy B historically did douchebaggy stuff, no real bile for the guy but he has often tweeted/is quoted on saying inane things I disagree with.

• Advertisement

Hercule wrote: »
    Do what boards.ie pays you to do

I hope you're joking; please tell me boards.ie don't actually pay their moderators for their 'services'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,521 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

(a) We don't get paid (we're volunteers)
    (b) This thread has been derailed horribly. Get back on track or the big bad oppressive mods will lock it. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Would be awesome to get paid to swing the banhammer around all day tbh

Advertisement