Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Employer Nominated Residency - Any Recommendations for a Reasonable Migration Agent?

Options
  • 04-10-2012 3:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭

Hi all,

Currently sponsored over 2 years on a 457 (My partner is sponsored, I'm de facto) and we are hoping to get things moving on progressing that sponsorship to perm residency.

I understand that having been sponsored 2 years by his employer, we are eligible for the Temporary Residence Stream under the Employer Nomination Scheme (Subclass 186).

When we got sponsored, we covered all of the costs and will be covering all costs for the next visa application process too. We used a migration agent the company insisted on us using the last time who was quite pricey, but the company has since changed ownership so hoping we can either do it ourselves or use a more reasonable agent.

So far, my understanding of the costs involved are:
    $540 (nomination fee)
    $3060 (visa application fee)
    -Police checks and medical and/or if English test is required.

Our migration agent has quoted us $4,600 for her services to assist with the application on top of this which I think is excessive!

I have all of our paperwork still together from our sponsorship application so would almost give it a go myself.

Can anyone recommend a good, reasonable agent?

Any advice/recommendations hugely appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

I just sent you a PM

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭statina

I'd do it myself if you can. Once you have all your stuff from sponsorship, theres not a huge amount else, bar the police checks and medical. You can get really good advise from here or britishexpats/pomsinoz

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭amybabes

statina wrote: »
    I'd do it myself if you can. Once you have all your stuff from sponsorship, theres not a huge amount else, bar the police checks and medical. You can get really good advise from here or britishexpats/pomsinoz

It's not really our information that concerns me, its more so what paperwork is required from the company. We don't want to put them out and I'm not sure how much is required from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭statina

Ah I see, don't really know what's involved there as my crowd have a dedicated person for pr applications

• Registered Users Posts: 39,339 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I handled my sponsorship application myself. Including the SBS and nomination applications. I'll hopefully be going for ENS next year and I plan on doing it myself. IMO fees charged by agents are over the top in terms on an hourly rate.

If you ate paying the company 's nomination, I don't think it's right to insist on an agent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 elliott550

I've been dealing with Tamara from Expat International regarding my 457 visa submission all week, finally got it in today. I've found her to be extremely helpful and professional, she has a recruitment background and it really shows. Completely rejigged my CV, reads great now. Doubt she'd be cheap tho, I've no idea, employer paid. But would recommend. She knows her onions.

http://expat.com.au/

Advertisement