Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dogs in cages.

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

mariecxx wrote: »
    erm stalker .... I in no way condone cages.. and ur hilarious comment about me only joining to troll is quite ironic

"Probably the stupidest post on this forum, never mind thread. Grow up."

.... hmmm yep u seem lovely :pac:

for your information, i own a jack russell and volunteer at several animal homes.. so i no EXACTLY what they are like.. yes secure them in a garden, a field but NOT a cage.. do you own a dog? are they subjected to cages? from the type of posts you're writing, YOU GROW UP.... pfffft...

I am intrigued, how would you suggest that someone contains a dog in a field?

Also, can you clarify that you would have no issue with someone leaving a dog in a small back garden with fencing or walls, but that they shouldn't be left in a dog run? Some gardens of urban homes are smaller than some dog runs that I've seen, but obviously you wouldn't class the garden as a cage, so is it the size of where the dog is kept, or the material of the perimeter that concerns you?

I may have missed it, apologies if I did, but I didn't see your reply to the question about how the animal homes that you volunteer in contain their dogs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

Mariecxx you need to go back to the start and read this thread carefully. Not one single poster here keeps their dogs in cages or condones keeping dogs in cages all day. Some posters are calling runs cages so you're getting confused and you're arguing with yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭mariecxx

ISDW wrote: »
    I am intrigued, how would you suggest that someone contains a dog in a field?

Also, can you clarify that you would have no issue with someone leaving a dog in a small back garden with fencing or walls, but that they shouldn't be left in a dog run? Some gardens of urban homes are smaller than some dog runs that I've seen, but obviously you wouldn't class the garden as a cage, so is it the size of where the dog is kept, or the material of the perimeter that concerns you?

I may have missed it, apologies if I did, but I didn't see your reply to the question about how the animal homes that you volunteer in contain their dogs?

"I am intrigued, how would you suggest that someone contains a dog in a field? "..... i suggest through fencing.

"Also, can you clarify that you would have no issue with someone leaving a dog in a small back garden with fencing or walls, but that they shouldn't be left in a dog run? "..... didi say i have a problem with dog runs? (a dog can move and run therefore not acage) if u look back i said cages

"Some gardens of urban homes are smaller than some dog runs that I've seen, but obviously you wouldn't class the garden as a cage, so is it the size of where the dog is kept, or the material of the perimeter that concerns you?".....

doyou seem to think i wish to allow dogs to roam free on the street or something?dont be so facetious. of course they need some sort of a boundary. my problemis tiny, box like cages whereby they are left in their own all day, everyday,which if u look back at some previous posts, this is what I'm stating.

"I may have missed it, apologies if I did, but I didn't see your reply to the question about how the animal homes that you volunteer in contain their dogs? "

the animal homes where i volunteer at have of courseboundaries.. absolutely no problem with this. what i dont deem to be fair arethose in small, cramped cages. as i have stated . maybe read the facts before u start questioning.

Mariecxx you need to go back to the start and read this thread carefully. Not one single poster here keeps their dogs in cages or condones keeping dogs in cages all day. Some posters are calling runs cages so you're getting confused and you're arguing with yourself.

read the very first post... it states that "it's just a bit cruel to have them locked up all day"

i am agreeing with this statement. the fact ur arguing i assume means that ur disagree with me.

look it up in the dictionary. although with ur nonsensical rubbish i very much doubt u have. a cage is COMPLETELY different to a run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

"I am intrigued, how would you suggest that someone contains a dog in a field? "..... i suggest through fencing.

"Also, can you clarify that you would have no issue with someone leaving a dog in a small back garden with fencing or walls, but that they shouldn't be left in a dog run? "..... didi say i have a problem with dog runs? (a dog can move and run therefore not acage) if u look back i said cages

"Some gardens of urban homes are smaller than some dog runs that I've seen, but obviously you wouldn't class the garden as a cage, so is it the size of where the dog is kept, or the material of the perimeter that concerns you?".....

doyou seem to think i wish to allow dogs to roam free on the street or something?dont be so facetious. of course they need some sort of a boundary. my problemis tiny, box like cages whereby they are left in their own all day, everyday,which if u look back at some previous posts, this is what I'm stating.

"I may have missed it, apologies if I did, but I didn't see your reply to the question about how the animal homes that you volunteer in contain their dogs? "

the animal homes where i volunteer at have of courseboundaries.. absolutely no problem with this. what i dont deem to be fair arethose in small, cramped cages. as i have stated . maybe read the facts before u start questioning.

You obviously know a lot of rich people that can afford to fence fields 6 foot all round, most fields would be at least an acre, great that theres still so much money in the country.

The Op was talking about dog runs, you really should read things properly before you question other people's ability to read. You mention pens, surely a pen is the same as a run, not the same as a crate? That would be the general understanding of it anyway, perhaps you could check in a dictionary?

The animal homes have boundaries? So all the animals are just mixed up together, running free within boundaries? They don't use crates or runs at all? how do they manage infection control, fights etc? Where are these utopian shelters?

read the very first post... it states that "it's just a bit cruel to have them locked up all day"

i am agreeing with this statement. the fact ur arguing i assume means that ur disagree with me.

look it up in the dictionary. although with ur nonsensical rubbish i very much doubt u have. a cage is COMPLETELY different to a run.

Again, re-read the thread, dog runs are being discussed.

You seem like quite an angry person, why don't you go and hug your dogs, or take them out for a walk, I'm sure it will make you feel better. I'm about to go and take mine out to my field of 1.5 acres that I paid €14,000 to fence, then some of them are going to go into their crates for a little while, some into the runs. They have such horrible, cruelty filled lives.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

kneemos wrote: »
    I was reffering to "dog runs"I was calling them cages,which they are large cages.

Like I said, op calls dog runs cages. Thanks for the insult, you'll last long around here. I won't be posting again.

ISDW wrote: »
    You obviously know a lot of rich people that can afford to fence fields 6 foot all round, most fields would be at least an acre, great that theres still so much money in the country.

The Op was talking about dog runs, you really should read things properly before you question other people's ability to read.

The animal homes have boundaries? So all the animals are just mixed up together, running free within boundaries? They don't use crates or runs at all? how do they manage infection control, fights etc? Where are these utopian shelters?

Again, re-read the thread, dog runs are being discussed.

You seem like quite an angry person, why don't you go and hug your dogs, or take them out for a walk, I'm sure it will make you feel better. I'm about to go and take mine out to my field of 1.5 acres that I paid €14,000 to fence, then some of them are going to go into their crates for a little while, some into the runs. They have such horrible, cruelty filled lives.

this made me laugh :L thank u ! i very much pity you. good luck with the cages.

Probably the stupidest post on this forum, never mind thread. Grow up.

errm i can pretty much say u deserved it

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

This thread has gotten out of hand.Locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement