Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf Lessons

Options
  • 04-10-2012 9:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭

Thinking about having a few golf lessons and looking for recommendations and/or opinions on price.

Have played a little in the past with friends but was very poor :(. Now that kids are getting a little older, I'd like to take it up a bit as a few of my mates play occasionally.

Anyone had lessons or know anyone who has had lessons in the recent past and can advise?

Looking for somewhere within 20 mins drive of Drogheda.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭eirman

You could go into Gormanstown college outside school hours and have a hack around ..... It's free and no one will bother you.
    The are flags, but no hole numbers.

For lessons, go to your nearest driving range and ask around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭PGE1970

Thanks eirman, appreciate the reply.

"Hack" for me is the operative word!!!

A mate plays in Ardee and is enquiring for me.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

The Paddock in Dundalk offers lessons.

http://www.irelandwide.com/golf/thepaddock/

Call for Golf Pro: 042 - 932 1064

(Not affiliated, just gave this as a present to a family member in the past)

Thanks!

I'll follow this up!

Thnaks Tottenham.

As a matter of interest, what's the going rate per lesson?

Also, at what level are you at? I'm a novice so don't know how many lessons required for me.

Just trying to do maths:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭MightyMighty737

I used to go to Brian Boshell a few years back out in Bellewstown, very good at getting the basics down. Dunno if he's still there though!

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭goodgolfer64

eirman wrote: »
    You could go into Gormanstown college outside school hours and have a hack around ..... It's free and no one will bother you.
    The are flags, but no hole numbers.

For lessons, go to your nearest driving range and ask around.

thats a private school in private grounds FDR....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭enricoh

hi, i did group lessons with mark o sullivan who does the lessons at piltown driving range just past southgate. i definitely improved from them, didnt win a turkey n ham tho! they were e45 for 4 one hour lessons with 5 in the group

• Registered Users Posts: 4 collad

I got a few lessons from Mark O'Sullivan too and the guy is good. He played in last year's Irish Open too so he has credentials. I liked the fact that he has a video camera and ipad to show you how well(badly!) you are swinging. He does lessons in the Piltown Driving Range, near Drogheda. Think I paid around e30 for a half an hour but can't quite remember. No real need to get an hours lesson, get a short one and then practice what you've learnt for the other half an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Zil2011

Think Scott Kilpatrick is still doing them in Ardee 041 6853227

• Advertisement
Advertisement