Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due June 2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭sunshiner

DoubleB wrote: »
    I'm a total knicker- checker too ladies! It's actually an obsession. I feel moist down there, I panic, run to the loo in a panic! I've had some discharge which looks like trush sorry TMI! I've been having lots of flutters in my lower abdomen. Can't describe it other than it feels like a shudder inside. I know its crazy early to feel anything so it's probably just things moving or my bowel or something!! I'm havin a scan this week and I will be just over 11 weeks then. I'm wondering is this a good time to tell ppl assuming everything goes well? I really want to just tell the world now as I could do with a lil tlc in work etc and am dying to explain my strange behaviour lately! Also I am a school teacher and I feel like the parents are constantly lokin at my belly. Could be my imagination. Obviouly I won't ever be telling them althou knowing some they might ask!!

The discharge is normal, do u have a book double b?i have what to expect when your expecting,and it goes through Everything!I would be lost without it.By the way its totally normal unless it smells,itchy which maybe thrush! And in that case you can only use pessaries.

I was thinking of telling people alright but my other half doesnt want to until the 13 week scan.Even though it looked ok on the 10 week one. I guess he is kind of right as this will be a more accurate scan to check fluid around the babies neck and for problems. But like you im sick of the secrecy,i think people must think im dead boring and lazy and peculiar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

I can't wait to tell everyone either, although a lot of people do already know! At the moment I look very chubby around the middle, wearing a fitted dress today (not a good choice) and I'm basically showing. I'd like to tell people I'm pregnant, not fat! My hubby put his hand on my belly while we were in bed last night and was surprised how firm it is - he was expecting it to be squidgy!

How's everyone doing today? I'm definitely improving. I ate dinner last night and breakfast this morning and both stayed down so I'm really thinking the worst is over! :) I did get sick a lot yesterday as well but I am able to eat too which is a big improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭DoubleB

Hi gals! How are yee all. So glad to hear about improvements relating to morning sickness. I'm really feeling that I'm going back to my normal self too. Have chinese on the way and have been lookin forward to it all day. Not gud for my IBS but I'll suffer the consequences! I had my scan today- whahoo!! Everything is goin really well. I'm back again in a few wks for another one as I was so nervous. They were so lovely and reassuring. I told my work mates when i got back from the scan my news. Dr said there was no reason why I shouldn't tell at this stage. They were all so thrilled and lovely but NONE of them were surprised and most had guessed. I must b like a big whale!!!! One girl said ' I was lookin at u the other day and thought my God she's deffo preggers'!!! He he. Anyway I have all my measurements written on scan pic n wud love to compare them with anyone else. Dr couldnt get the sound workin on the scanner machine but I did see the heart beat quite clearly. Also I cud see baby moving- magical!! I'm a happy woman tonight I tell ya! Phew!!

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭DoubleB

Meant to say thanks for advice re the discharge. Yeah I hav a book by Dr Miriam Stoppard I think it is. Its quite dated I cud do with a more modern one but it has lots of info. Might buy that what to expect book have heard it mentioned a few times

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Blueskye

How exciting DoubleB :-) You must feel relieved. Our scan is next Thursday and it can't come soon enough. Was out last night and a close relative let it slip to another friend when I went home but apparently she wasn't surprised. I think it's quite obvious the past few days, I have a real bump. I wore my coat all night! Didn't think it would be so obvious this early. Actually went and got some maternity jeans in H&M yesterday to wear last night. So comfy. But looking forward to not hiding it anymore.

Hopefully you're still keeping food down MurdyWurdy.

How is everyone else doing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

hey girls

glad to see that the morning sickness is easing for some of you! all good here - well as good as can be - still totally shattered and feel so so sick but no actual sickness. I'm just exhausted all the time and I've been so lazy - i'm sure my friends think that I've fallen off the face of the earth too. we've told family and 2 of my best friends (one of them guessed - for those of you on your first baby, wait till number 3!! I look about 6 months gone - seriously - everything has dropped!)

scan next Saturday which I cannot wait for - a very good friend of mine had a miscarriage on her second pregnancy and she had absolutely no symptoms - she went for her 13 week scan with her consultant and there was just no heartbeat - heartbreaking - so i'm just so nervous. it's so scary to think that there can be no bleeding or cramping or anything. So I just want to see and hear that little heartbeat more than anything on this planet. I rang the hos where i'm getting the scan to see if there was any chance we could get a cancelation for tomorrow but no such luck - so we'll just continue to hope that all is going well. anyway, I shouldn't be downbeat - I've had 2 healthy pregnancies so there's no reason why this one shouldn't be the same. of course, it's typical - the worse I feel the happier I am that it must be a strong pregnancy!!

anyway, I thought i'd pop in and say hello - hope all our little (or big!) bumps are coming along well.

mind yourselves. x

highly1111 wrote: »
    hey girls

glad to see that the morning sickness is easing for some of you! all good here - well as good as can be - still totally shattered and feel so so sick but no actual sickness. I'm just exhausted all the time and I've been so lazy - i'm sure my friends think that I've fallen off the face of the earth too. we've told family and 2 of my best friends (one of them guessed - for those of you on your first baby, wait till number 3!! I look about 6 months gone - seriously - everything has dropped!)

scan next Saturday which I cannot wait for - a very good friend of mine had a miscarriage on her second pregnancy and she had absolutely no symptoms - she went for her 13 week scan with her consultant and there was just no heartbeat - heartbreaking - so i'm just so nervous. it's so scary to think that there can be no bleeding or cramping or anything. So I just want to see and hear that little heartbeat more than anything on this planet. I rang the hos where i'm getting the scan to see if there was any chance we could get a cancelation for tomorrow but no such luck - so we'll just continue to hope that all is going well. anyway, I shouldn't be downbeat - I've had 2 healthy pregnancies so there's no reason why this one shouldn't be the same. of course, it's typical - the worse I feel the happier I am that it must be a strong pregnancy!!

anyway, I thought i'd pop in and say hello - hope all our little (or big!) bumps are coming along well.

mind yourselves. x

The tiredness is awful, your poor friend im sure your scan will be fine. Ive got another scan in 2weeks. I started spotting the other day only very light, but i still feel all the pregnancy symptoms so im trying not to freak myself out by worrying. I currently i have a banging headache,i feel like a right moaning micheal! :(

a very good friend of mine had a miscarriage on her second pregnancy and she had absolutely no symptoms - she went for her 13 week scan with her consultant and there was just no heartbeat - heartbreaking - so i'm just so nervous. it's so scary to think that there can be no bleeding or cramping or anything. So I just want to see and hear that little heartbeat more than anything on this planet.
    QUOTE]

That has scared the living daylights out of me. My sickness seems to have stopped thankfully but the worry has set in in case anything is wrong. Counting the days to next Thursday for the scan.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭lainycool

Blueskye wrote: »
    a very good friend of mine had a miscarriage on her second pregnancy and she had absolutely no symptoms - she went for her 13 week scan with her consultant and there was just no heartbeat - heartbreaking - so i'm just so nervous. it's so scary to think that there can be no bleeding or cramping or anything. So I just want to see and hear that little heartbeat more than anything on this planet.
    QUOTE]

That has scared the living daylights out of me. My sickness seems to have stopped thankfully but the worry has set in in case anything is wrong. Counting the days to next Thursday for the scan.

Me too!
    After intercourse I spotted a little yesterday and have been freaked out ever since thinking the worst, I rang the hospital and explained the situation and the lady said it's quite common after intercourse as the cervix is quite sensitive but I'm still worried so I've booked a scan for tomorrow!
    My other half thinks I'm nuts but I just can't relax until I find out everything is ok!
    I'm counting down the days till I'm 12 weeks!
    Hope everyone else is good and having a nice weekend x

My scan is next Tuesday and I'm worried too - I've no symtoms at all but you never know when you go for the scan. Will be glad to get it done.

After a good week last week, I'm very ill again. Just can't stop vomiting and nothing is staying down. According to my "what to expect when you're expecting" book you should call your doctor if you vomit more than three times in one day. Ha! I've vomited more than that on the way to work this morning.

I'm really struggling at work - I'm feeling a bit helpless. Work have made it clear that they don't want to accomodate me being sick (they said it in a very round-about way but the message was clear) so I'm afraid to take anymore sick days but I'm so weak and dizzy and ill that I don't see how I can continue to work full-time unless this clears up very soon. I just don't know what to do. My husband is worried and says I can leave work if I want to but I just don't know :(

Hope everyone else is feeling well xx

• Advertisement

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    My scan is next Tuesday and I'm worried too - I've no symtoms at all but you never know when you go for the scan. Will be glad to get it done.

After a good week last week, I'm very ill again. Just can't stop vomiting and nothing is staying down. According to my "what to expect when you're expecting" book you should call your doctor if you vomit more than three times in one day. Ha! I've vomited more than that on the way to work this morning.

I'm really struggling at work - I'm feeling a bit helpless. Work have made it clear that they don't want to accomodate me being sick (they said it in a very round-about way but the message was clear) so I'm afraid to take anymore sick days but I'm so weak and dizzy and ill that I don't see how I can continue to work full-time unless this clears up very soon. I just don't know what to do. My husband is worried and says I can leave work if I want to but I just don't know :(

That's terrible MurdyWurdy I really hope that you start feeling better soon, There is a homeopathic remedy that works really well for ms and I have used it myself and also have given it to other pregnant women that swear by it, It's called ipecac 30c you will get it in a health food store, It can't hurt to try it out and see if it works!
    I think if you can stick work out so you will get your maternity benefit at least but obviously if it's too bad then thats up to you! Try not worry about your job they will just have to accomadate you feeling sick!

I really do hope you start feeling better soon, Take care of yourself x

lainycool wrote: »
    That's terrible MurdyWurdy I really hope that you start feeling better soon, There is a homeopathic remedy that works really well for ms and I have used it myself and also have given it to other pregnant women that swear by it, It's called ipecac 30c you will get it in a health food store, It can't hurt to try it out and see if it works!
    I think if you can stick work out so you will get your maternity benefit at least but obviously if it's too bad then thats up to you! Try not worry about your job they will just have to accomadate you feeling sick!

I really do hope you start feeling better soon, Take care of yourself x

Thanks Lainy - not sure if I'm entitled to the maternity benefit though. I have lived abroad for the last 4 years and only returned to Ireland at the beginning of the summer. I only started working in September. I think they take your earnings two tax years ago, not the one you take maternity leave in so I'm not sure I'll get it. I don't really know how it works :confused: I need to look into it because if I was entitled it would make staying in work make sense.

Also, if the sickness lifts around Christmas and I've no job I'll be sitting at home feeling fine, twiddling my thumbs for a few months. Not sure that would be the best idea. I just wish they were more understanding about it all. I'm temped to talk to the HR person because although my manager knows about me being pregnant I don't think she does and she was at the meeting where I was told to lift my game. I really wanted to say it's hard to do that when you're vomiting every 15 minutes but didn't think it was appropriate!!

Going to call the maternity benefits people today. It looks like Ireland have an agreement with the country I lived in to recognise PRSI (or equivalent) payments made there. I worked full-time the entire time I lived abroad so fingers crossed I will get it based on that. The other issue is I'm on a contract so I won't be going on maternity leave, I will be resigning but that 's due to having a baby, not for any other reason.

It's all very confusing!!

Did you come across the doctor prescibing vitamin b6 for sickness?i only saw it last night and thought of you murdywurdy. Might be worth looking into if u havent already. That sucks about your job, but i guess you have to do whats right for u and the baby.

sunshiner wrote: »
    Did you come across the doctor prescibing vitamin b6 for sickness?i only saw it last night and thought of you murdywurdy. Might be worth looking into if u havent already. That sucks about your job, but i guess you have to do whats right for u and the baby.

No, I haven't heard anything about it. I do have pregnancy vitamins designed for morning sickness that has extra b6 and ginger. Problem is I can't swallow them without them coming back up at the moment! Luckily the folic acid by itself is tiny. I might try them again now that you've mentioned them.

I spoke to maternity benefit people in Donegal - they were really helpful. I will be entitled to the benefit as long as I have worked for 39 weeks in the last 12 months. Leaving work on the 31st May - just over two weeks before my due date means I will have worked 39 weeks exactly. Therefore I need to do my best to stay in my job until then, fingers crossed that as I suffered in early pregnancy I will be ok in my third trimester and that I don't go early (if I do - I get nothing :)) I know a lot of other women work right up until 2 weeks before so hopefully it will be ok.

hanks Lainycool for reminding me about the maternity benefit. It would be a huge help to us so is a great incentive to just do my best to get through work for the next 6 months.

No, I haven't heard anything about it. I do have pregnancy vitamins designed for morning sickness that has extra b6 and ginger. Problem is I can't swallow them without them coming back up at the moment! Luckily the folic acid by itself is tiny. I might try them again now that you've mentioned them.

I spoke to maternity benefit people in Donegal - they were really helpful. I will be entitled to the benefit as long as I have worked for 39 weeks in the last 12 months. Leaving work on the 31st May - just over two weeks before my due date means I will have worked 39 weeks exactly. Therefore I need to do my best to stay in my job until then, fingers crossed that as I suffered in early pregnancy I will be ok in my third trimester and that I don't go early (if I do - I get nothing :)) I know a lot of other women work right up until 2 weeks before so hopefully it will be ok.

hanks Lainycool for reminding me about the maternity benefit. It would be a huge help to us so is a great incentive to just do my best to get through work for the next 6 months.

Oh no problem I didn't think I would be entitled to it myself as i'm self employed but after researching i found out I was, I know its only a little over 200 per week but it will take a huge amount of pressure of me and as the saying goes every little helps!

I had a scan yesterday in a private clinic and it was money well spent as I had been really worried over the weekend, It was jumping around the place with a really strong heartbeat it was such a relief i was crying like s little baby, All my symptoms seemed to have eased off now and i feel normal and that's what had me worried aswell as the bleeding, So obviously its just cause im just 12 weeks now that i feel like that!

lainycool wrote: »
    Oh no problem I didn't think I would be entitled to it myself as i'm self employed but after researching i found out I was, I know its only a little over 200 per week but it will take a huge amount of pressure of me and as the saying goes every little helps!

I had a scan yesterday in a private clinic and it was money well spent as I had been really worried over the weekend, It was jumping around the place with a really strong heartbeat it was such a relief i was crying like s little baby, All my symptoms seemed to have eased off now and i feel normal and that's what had me worried aswell as the bleeding, So obviously its just cause im just 12 weeks now that i feel like that!

Those private scans are so great - I was just saying to my mum the other day that because you get so little scans from the hospital it's great to have that option to put your mind at ease. What a good business idea as well! I'm thinking of getting another one at about 14 weeks because I'm fairly sure at my 12 week appointment next week I don't get a scan.

Glad everything is ok and baby is doing well. It's nice to hear that your symptoms have eased - gives me hope that once I get to 12 weeks all will be better (am 11 weeks today)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

sorry to butt in but i was snooping:o:o

Murdy, if i were in your position I would definitely talk to my HR ASAP. they cannot be of any help to you if they dont know whats going on. I was very sick at 8 weeks pregnant and I informed my employer then of my pregnancy to protect myself incase I did have to leave sick or got reprimanded for work performance. Your obviously having a rough first trimester and stress of your job doesn't help you feel any better! You need all the support you can get right now in the work place and outside of it. There are a lot of laws in this country (thankfully!) to protect pregnant women in the workplace, no matter how long you have been working there prior to becoming pregnant. I really hope you start feeling better soon, i know how tough fatigue and morning sickness is and that everything works out for you with your employer!

(and best of luck to all of the june bumps!!!)

Rachineire wrote: »
    sorry to butt in but i was snooping:o:o

Murdy, if i were in your position I would definitely talk to my HR ASAP. they cannot be of any help to you if they dont know whats going on. I was very sick at 8 weeks pregnant and I informed my employer then of my pregnancy to protect myself incase I did have to leave sick or got reprimanded for work performance. Your obviously having a rough first trimester and stress of your job doesn't help you feel any better! You need all the support you can get right now in the work place and outside of it. There are a lot of laws in this country (thankfully!) to protect pregnant women in the workplace, no matter how long you have been working there prior to becoming pregnant. I really hope you start feeling better soon, i know how tough fatigue and morning sickness is and that everything works out for you with your employer!

(and best of luck to all of the june bumps!!!)

Thanks Rach, i appreciate the advice - I'm going to see how I go this week. I'm still throwing everything I eat up but in between getting sick I'm feeling perkier so today wasn't too bad. I'm going to see how the rest of the week goes and then decide what to do. I know there is nothing they can do really but being told off for my performance when my manager knows how sick I am (and why) was a bit of a shock so it has me worried. I know stress can't be good for either me or the baby!

I'm just hoping the sickness is gone by Christmas. I'm going away on holidays and am planning to stuff my face in order to put back on the 7/8 lbs I've lost (just because I can!). I'm supposed to be skiing (which I won't be able to do) so eating and reading books with hot chocolate by the fire will be the order of the day. Sounds like heaven to me at the moment!

I can't wait for the second trimester and to hopefully be better - my hubby is so excited about the baby but I'm finding it hard to feel enthusiastic (even though at the beginning I was over the moon). Then I feel bad for not being more excited, like really guilty - it's just hard when you feel so rough. I'm hoping once I've had my 12 week appointment and start to feel better that I'll get that excitement back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

Ah Murdy really hope it passes soon. I had my days where I found it hard to be excited too due to feeling crap. Definitely once I hit the 12 week mark things improved. I even cleaned my house today, that hasn't been properly done in a while! Hopefully your HR department will be able to help if you decide to tell them..

In other news, I thought I had a bump this morning (was really hard and everything!) but then I went to the bathroom and it went away :D

Hope all the June heads are getting on OK.. By the way I feel a bit of a fraud being in this thread as my date is 30 May, but sure it may as well be June it's that late.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

Thanks Rach, i appreciate the advice - I'm going to see how I go this week. I'm still throwing everything I eat up but in between getting sick I'm feeling perkier so today wasn't too bad. I'm going to see how the rest of the week goes and then decide what to do. I know there is nothing they can do really but being told off for my performance when my manager knows how sick I am (and why) was a bit of a shock so it has me worried. I know stress can't be good for either me or the baby!

I'm just hoping the sickness is gone by Christmas. I'm going away on holidays and am planning to stuff my face in order to put back on the 7/8 lbs I've lost (just because I can!). I'm supposed to be skiing (which I won't be able to do) so eating and reading books with hot chocolate by the fire will be the order of the day. Sounds like heaven to me at the moment!

I can't wait for the second trimester and to hopefully be better - my hubby is so excited about the baby but I'm finding it hard to feel enthusiastic (even though at the beginning I was over the moon). Then I feel bad for not being more excited, like really guilty - it's just hard when you feel so rough. I'm hoping once I've had my 12 week appointment and start to feel better that I'll get that excitement back.

I totally understand being reluctant to talk about it at work. I would be pretty suprised at my manager as well if they knew i was pregnant and still harped on my work performance. The way i would look at it personally is that its all about CYA (covering your a$$)...protecting yourself and putting yourself first is your number one priority for the next few months! I'm glad your feeling perkier though, morning sickness will wear off and the second trimester is good times for sure! your holiday plans sound lovely and I hope your able to eat all your favorite goodies and get to drink gallons of hot chocolate!! (it does sound heavenly! :D)

Hope you start to feel better soon MurdyWurdy. If your morning sickness doesn't improve I'd do the same as Rachineire suggested and speak to HR. You definitely don't need any extra stress. You're doing your best.

And I'm sure the excitement will come back once you feel better. When I was feeling really rotten I was just resenting being pregnant, which is horrible but I felt so crap I couldn't feel positive at all. But I'm 12 weeks now and only get nauseous if I leave it too long between meals. So the excitement is almighty at the mo. 3 more day til scan.

Mind yourself x

How is everyone else?

Those private scans are so great - I was just saying to my mum the other day that because you get so little scans from the hospital it's great to have that option to put your mind at ease. What a good business idea as well! I'm thinking of getting another one at about 14 weeks because I'm fairly sure at my 12 week appointment next week I don't get a scan.

Glad everything is ok and baby is doing well. It's nice to hear that your symptoms have eased - gives me hope that once I get to 12 weeks all will be better (am 11 weeks today)

Well if you're in Dublin I'd recommend the place I went it was very good and you have the option of getting a video for €15 which I didn't buy but after seeing how much the baby was moving on the screen I was raging I didn't go for it!

I'm praying for the weeks to go quick and have my 21 week scan, I think I'll be able to relax hopefully after that!
    I watched one born every minute what they did next on 4od last night.........Big mistake!!! I was an emotional wreck after it!!!

We went to the place next to Mount Carmel for our private scan at 8/9 weeks so will probably go back there if we decide to get one at 14 weeks. They gave us a voucher for €20 off another scan so that'll be handy. They also do 3d scans later on in pregnancy but I'm not so sure about getting one of those.

My 'bump' has disappeared!! I know it wasn't really a bump but it properly stuck out and was rock solid so I'd got used to the idea and I liked it! It's gone down now - maybe because I'm really not keeping anything down so there's nothing in my stomach. My hubby is worried now (he's a huge worrier!). I explained it was just a distended abdomen from the hormones but we're both just looking forward to our appointment in Holles Street next week. Nice to put our mind at ease. My hubby keeps telling me how well I'm looking because I've lost weight but I'd prefer to be well and have the weight still there!

Had to get public transport to work this morning after dropping off the car to be serviced. I can now add a few more places around Dublin I've vomited to my list! I'm thankful now that I have a job with a free parking space, driving to work definitely makes my life a bit easier.

How's everyone else feeling today? I can't wait to start hearing about everyone's scans etc. Time is really moving on - I remember when it was all early days for everyone :)

Hey All! Not feeling too bad, but is anyone else killed with the reflux? I'm at it all day long and I'm sure everyone around me is wondering what the hell is going on. It's not even related to what I'm eating, I have it from the time I wake in the morn till I go to bed at night. Am eating Renne all day long..

Hey All! Not feeling too bad, but is anyone else killed with the reflux? I'm at it all day long and I'm sure everyone around me is wondering what the hell is going on. It's not even related to what I'm eating, I have it from the time I wake in the morn till I go to bed at night. Am eating Renne all day long..

Thankfully I have been spared that but apparently it's very common because the extra progesterone relaxes the muscles that normally stop acid leaving your stomach. It doesn't sound fun at all for you! Hope the Rennie is helping. Does it make it difficult to eat?

Since not feeling sick as much, my appetite is back but I am finding it takes a lot longer to finish food so I might just leave the last bit of the food. Also sometimes drinking water is difficult as it seems to just lodge! The rennies not really doing very much but at least I'm getting a bit of calcium from them.

Would much rather it than vomiting I suppose!

Since not feeling sick as much, my appetite is back but I am finding it takes a lot longer to finish food so I might just leave the last bit of the food. Also sometimes drinking water is difficult as it seems to just lodge! The rennies not really doing very much but at least I'm getting a bit of calcium from them.

Would much rather it than vomiting I suppose!

I've had a lot of heartburn this week, mostly at night when trying to sleep. Rennies help a little. To be honest, I don't really mind as anything is better than nausea and vomiting!!

Blueskye wrote: »
    To be honest, I don't really mind as anything is better than nausea and vomiting!!

Agreed :D

Would drinking milk help with the hearburn at all do you think? At the moment milk is keeping me alive!! It's about the only thing I keep down (even over water) so I've been drinking about 1l per day (I do drink a lot of milk when not pregnant anyway). Apparently my mum drank loads of milk during her pregnancy with me so she thinks that's why I like it so much. At this stage my baby is going to come out looking like a milk bottle!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Typer Monkey

Hi ladies,
    Am due in Jan and was just nosing at your thread :)
    I suffered terribly with heartburn from about 10 weeks on. It got to the stage where at 30 weeks I was drinking a bottle of gaviscon a day (and spending nearly €30 a week on the bloody stuff!).

When I told my consultant how much gaviscon I was putting away she wrote me a prescription for Zantac which has been absolutely brilliant, the relief is amazing. It's completely safe too so if u are really suffering ask for it..the heartburn was really making me miserable and when the Zantac is considered safe in pregnancy i dont think there's a point in being a martyr to it.

Good luck with your pregnancies

Advertisement