Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due June 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Blueskye

MurdyWurdy wrote: »

Agreed :D

Would drinking milk help with the hearburn at all do you think? At the moment milk is keeping me alive!! It's about the only thing I keep down (even over water) so I've been drinking about 1l per day (I do drink a lot of milk when not pregnant anyway). Apparently my mum drank loads of milk during her pregnancy with me so she thinks that's why I like it so much. At this stage my baby is going to come out looking like a milk bottle!!

Lol! Unfortunately I don't like milk and drink only rice milk with cereal. But I'm managing fine with it at the mo. Thanks :)

For those of you who've had scans, do you need to drink a lot of water beforehand? Letter from hospital says nothing only to bring a urine sample.

Am also wondering what to carry my urine in? Surely I could just go to loo in the hospital?

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭lainycool

Blueskye wrote: »
    For those of you who've had scans, do you need to drink a lot of water beforehand? Letter from hospital says nothing only to bring a urine sample.

Am also wondering what to carry my urine in? Surely I could just go to loo in the hospital?

Hi Bluesky
    Just don't empty your bladder 30 minutes before your scan, I went in with a really full bladder and she couldn't see alot so i had to empty half of it, For my scan last Sunday she seen everything she needed to see and i wasn't uncomfortable!
    Enjoy it, it's such a lovely experience x

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭DoubleB

Hi gang? How's everyone today? Sorry to hear the heartburn is getting to some of yee. I haven't really experienced the acid part but do often get an awful stitch like pain right around where my heart is. I've never had heart burn before so I dunno is that a symptom. My husband is bringing home two take away dinners from our local restaurant today! Yummy and no cleaning up. I'll just stick the plates in the dishwasher and drop them back tomoro. They don't generally do take aways but in this economic climate if you ask in any of your local restaurants there are very few that will say no! I have to say I am feeling much better. Smells are not affecting me this week and I've been eating normally again. Lots of cravings for different things too. Am convinced it goes back to the placenta theory. That the placenta has started working.

Cant' remember which of you lovely ladies recommended the book 'What to expect when you're expecting' but I bought a copy on Sat and I have to say its excellent. I've been consulting it for everything. I have a wedding on Saturday and I'm so glad I've told everyone my news. No pretending to drink or having to stay all night.

I rang dep of social welfare today guys the mat dep and they were very helpful. I'd recommend phoning them if ur stressed about entitlements like I was. They look at the year 2011 for our dates to see if we are entitled. I'm entitled to the full 262 euro from them and my employer will top it up to my wage until the end of Aug when my temp contract ends so then its either back to work or live off the 262 eur until Dec and try go back then if i can get work then! In my line of work i'll have a much better chance of work for the year by goin back in sep but doubtful i will get temp in sep cuz then employer has to offer me the rest of my mat leave....thatmakin sense?! Anyone any experience of thus.

By the way... I am massive. I'm in maternity pants or living in leggings. They're my staple item with a long shirt or jumper!! Can't wait for my next scan already. Have any of you had your due date confirmed? Think mine is the 13th of June. Anyone close to that? Jeepers time will fly. x

DoubleB wrote: »
    Hi gang? How's everyone today? Sorry to hear the heartburn is getting to some of yee. I haven't really experienced the acid part but do often get an awful stitch like pain right around where my heart is. I've never had heart burn before so I dunno is that a symptom. My husband is bringing home two take away dinners from our local restaurant today! Yummy and no cleaning up. I'll just stick the plates in the dishwasher and drop them back tomoro. They don't generally do take aways but in this economic climate if you ask in any of your local restaurants there are very few that will say no! I have to say I am feeling much better. Smells are not affecting me this week and I've been eating normally again. Lots of cravings for different things too. Am convinced it goes back to the placenta theory. That the placenta has started working.

Cant' remember which of you lovely ladies recommended the book 'What to expect when you're expecting' but I bought a copy on Sat and I have to say its excellent. I've been consulting it for everything. I have a wedding on Saturday and I'm so glad I've told everyone my news. No pretending to drink or having to stay all night.

I rang dep of social welfare today guys the mat dep and they were very helpful. I'd recommend phoning them if ur stressed about entitlements like I was. They look at the year 2011 for our dates to see if we are entitled. I'm entitled to the full 262 euro from them and my employer will top it up to my wage until the end of Aug when my temp contract ends so then its either back to work or live off the 262 eur until Dec and try go back then if i can get work then! In my line of work i'll have a much better chance of work for the year by goin back in sep but doubtful i will get temp in sep cuz then employer has to offer me the rest of my mat leave....thatmakin sense?! Anyone any experience of thus.

By the way... I am massive. I'm in maternity pants or living in leggings. They're my staple item with a long shirt or jumper!! Can't wait for my next scan already. Have any of you had your due date confirmed? Think mine is the 13th of June. Anyone close to that? Jeepers time will fly. x

That's great that they were so helpful for you, I'm saving like crazy at the moment so I won't have to go back to work until the January or February!
    My own date was the 10th of June but the hospital gave me the 13th, My oh birthday is the 10th so I was kind of hoping I wouldn't go then anyway!
    My body shape has stayed the same apart from my boobs which were big to start with!
    I can't wait to have a little bump though :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭sunshiner

double b - my due date confirmed by the hospital was june 17th. Im glad you found the book good,its a real life saver :D i hear ya im living in jogging bottoms at home, then dresses,tunics and leggings.

bluesky - they recommend you drink a litre of water before you go in, but i nearly died drinking that ammount! :D
    my energy levels are much better,i managed to struggle up the forestry with the doggies, ive a feeling ill be in bed at 8 tonight lol
    hows everyone doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Emmacash

I hear ya kranky kitty, the reflux is a killer! Have to say the rennies is doing the job for me thank god but I'm trying not to use them until I really need some relief...I'm terrified I'll get too used to them and they won't work anymore! Haha

Got my scan on Monday, I can't wait it can't come soon enough :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Oooh, love that everyone is getting their dates from the hospital - it's all getting very real now. I have my app next week but apparently Holles St don't do dating scans at 12 weeks (just one big scan at 20 weeks) so not sure if they'll alter my due date at all.

Had a bad afternoon/evening yesterday, just couldn't stop vomiting. I've more places I've got sick to add to my list now! I was asleep by 9pm but I'm still feeling very fragile today. Just going to concentrate on getting to lunchtime when I can lie down. Then I'll worry about the rest of the day.

I'm jealous of those in maternity tights and things! My clothes are much looser on my because I've lost weight so I don't think I'll need the maternity clothes as soon as I thought I would. I'm a bit worried I've lost so much weight, all the books say you should but on 6lbs in the first trimester but I just can't help it. I'll say it to the hosp on Thursday anyway. They'll probably say it's normal for some women but it would nice to have my mind put at ease.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

I must try the milk for heartburn, though I really can't stomach the idea of the stuff at the moment (not a fan at the best of times, would only take a little in tea and don't really eat cereals) I did mention it to the consultant at the last visit and she said just to lay into the rennies (take them before bed etc) and later on she might have to prescribe something as it will probably only get worse.

I filled my bladder to bursting before my first 8 week scan but couldn't hold it and ended up having to go :o and you couldn't really see anything, so I reckon half full is probably all right. I was fairly bursting now before the last one too but to the point of being able to hold it, if you know what I mean!

My date is confirmed for 30th May too, it's the date I worked out and was confirmed with measurements so probably accurate enough.

Murdy - hopefully they give you a good check out in the hospital next week and have something they can do for you...

I keep thinking the bump is about to pop out but I think it's just my imagination. Tummy is quite hard and sticky out by times though but then a while later it goes back in! In a way I could do with not showing for another few weeks, have to interview for a job and have only told a trusted few in work the news until after that's all over. Not that it should make a difference, but why give them something to decide against you for.

tried shopping for maternity jeans today which was a joke, the 4 shops i tried their maternity section was 2 rails if that. And they were either skinny legs which i cant wear or they were sold out of my size. Im so surprised by the lack of maternity clothes out there.

• Advertisement

Sunshiner, I wonder would you have better luck online? I looked in New Look one day and there only seemed to be a small rack with the stuff, but there was a huge selection on their website.

This is a silly issue, but does anyone else have a problem with spots that just won't go away? I've had a spot for about 3 weeks now even though I'm sudocreeming it every night! It's like it doesn't want to heal.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭lynda18

Sunshiner, I wonder would you have better luck online? I looked in New Look one day and there only seemed to be a small rack with the stuff, but there was a huge selection on their website.

This is a silly issue, but does anyone else have a problem with spots that just won't go away? I've had a spot for about 3 weeks now even though I'm sudocreeming it every night! It's like it doesn't want to heal.

New look in jervis street has very big range and not too expensive either! topshop have good jeans choice but expensive.

I was same with spots but all cleared up but now i have a acne looking rash all over my chest past two weeks which is really annoying and unattractive! think its just one of many symptoms the hormones will give us!

Im in cork so theres 3 shops which is poor,ill look at new look online, but theres no returns

We had our scan this morning and all good. But... Found out we're having identical twins!!! Talk about a shock. But it 's really exciting. Nurse was lovely and gave us about 12 pics which she made us hide as apparently they're only supposed to give 3.

Oh and I 'm a week further along then I thought which is cool. 13+3. Due 3rd of June but likely to be brought in sooner.

So I've been given a date for anomaly scan at 20 wks and will be seen by consultant which isn't normally offered here when public but I 'll be monitored a bit more because of the twins.

Wow 2 of everything!!! Breast feeding 2 babies is going to be interesting :) Luckily I have lots of family nearby more than happy to help. Exciting times!!

We had our scan this morning and all good. But... Found out we're having identical twins!!! Talk about a shock. But it 's really exciting. Nurse was lovely and gave us about 12 pics which she made us hide as apparently they're only supposed to give 3.

Oh and I 'm a week further along then I thought which is cool. 13+3. Due 3rd of June but likely to be brought in sooner.

So I've been given a date for anomaly scan at 20 wks and will be seen by consultant which isn't normally offered here when public but I 'll be monitored a bit more because of the twins.

Wow 2 of everything!!! Breast feeding 2 babies is going to be interesting :) Luckily I have lots of family nearby more than happy to help. Exciting times!!

Oh my god Bluesky congrats I'm in shock here reading that so I can imagine how you feel and that's brilliant that you are a week further along!
    Is there twins in your family?
    Its great to be over the 12 week mark now, how are you feeling? X

lainycool wrote: »

Oh my god Bluesky congrats I'm in shock here reading that so I can imagine how you feel and that's brilliant that you are a week further along!
    Is there twins in your family?
    Its great to be over the 12 week mark now, how are you feeling? X

Thanks lainycool.
    My dad is a twin but not identical and apparently there are twins on my mother 's side going back a bit. A few family joked about how might happen but I never considered it for a second! But it 's a lovely surprise.

Ya I 'm feeling good. Tired but that 's it really. I had terrible nausea and vomiting early on but that seems to have stopped about 2 weeks now :)

Looking into going to some pregnancy Pilates classes as I haven't done any real exercise the past 3 months.

How are you doing? And how is everyone else getting on?

Wow Blueskye, what a lovely surprise! Congrats :-)

I'm going to start pilates too next week, think it might help keep the back strong over the next few months.

Wowza Bluesky!Congrats ;D
    Well its one way to get it over with in one go hehe :)

Ive had a bad couple of days, with migraines and vomiting. Im hoping it will be a better day tomorrow.

Thanks all :)

Ugh Sunshiner, hope it improves for you soon. Mind yourself x

Blueskye - congratulations, that's so exciting. Identical as well. Are you going to find out what sex when you can? I'm jealous :D I'd love twins because then I wouldn't have to get pregnant again (that sounds terrible - but I think we can all agree pregnancy does not agree with me!!) and it's like a ready-made family. I know I've only got one growing in there though. Great that the nausea and vomiting has stopped too - you give me hope :) Ooh, I'm so excited for you! Maybe that's why you were so sick? They say on twins it's worse.

So glad I made it to Friday, that's my goal at the moment, just make it through the weeks as best as I can. Almost there!

Sunshiner, hope you feel better soon. we have the same due date and I've had a bad few days with vomiting too so hopefully it's just that it has to get worse before it gets better!

• Advertisement

Bluesky- Oh my god it must of been a shock! but so exciting! CONGRATULATIONS!
    I put my name down to start pregnancy yoga in January aswel as ill im doing is some walking but feel yoga would be great help and benefit and meet other expecting mams!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Popz

Congratulations Bluesky! Double the Trouble but double the smiles/ cuddles and laughs :)

I used to run a maternitywear store - for jeans can I reccommend www.funmum.com and for some quirky tops and dresses www.happymum.eu - they are based in Poland, I stocked the brand and the quality is great
    Happy Shopping Ladies

Just went to the canteen and ate a smallish plate of lunch for the first time in about 6 weeks. I feel great - fingers crossed it lasts for a few more hours at least!

How sad is it that being able to eat a meal makes me feel like I've achieved something!! :)

Blueskye - congratulations, that's so exciting. Identical as well. Are you going to find out what sex when you can? I'm jealous :D I'd love twins because then I wouldn't have to get pregnant again (that sounds terrible - but I think we can all agree pregnancy does not agree with me!!) and it's like a ready-made family. I know I've only got one growing in there though. Great that the nausea and vomiting has stopped too - you give me hope :) Ooh, I'm so excited for you! Maybe that's why you were so sick? They say on twins it's worse.

So glad I made it to Friday, that's my goal at the moment, just make it through the weeks as best as I can. Almost there!

Sunshiner, hope you feel better soon. we have the same due date and I've had a bad few days with vomiting too so hopefully it's just that it has to get worse before it gets better!

yep we definitely want to find out sex at 20 wks.

That was actually one of my first thoughts, that I wouldn't have to go through pregnancy again. I don't think it sounds terrible. pregnancy is not easy, worth it of course, but not always very pleasant. But a little while later was thinking, well maybe 3 kids would be nice...we'll see how I feel when I'm knee deep in nappies and trying to breast feed two babies!

Just went to the canteen and ate a smallish plate of lunch for the first time in about 6 weeks. I feel great - fingers crossed it lasts for a few more hours at least!

How sad is it that being able to eat a meal makes me feel like I've achieved something!! :)

Thanks Lynda and popz.

Well done on eating!!! Hope it stays put. Not sad at all. Not being able to keep food down is miserable. Let 's hope it's the start of the end of feeling yuch.

yep we definitely want to find out sex at 20 wks.

That was actually one of my first thoughts, that I wouldn't have to go through pregnancy again. I don't think it sounds terrible. pregnancy is not easy, worth it of course, but not always very pleasant. But a little while later was thinking, well maybe 3 kids would be nice...we'll see how I feel when I'm knee deep in nappies and trying to breast feed two babies!

Yeah, you never know - you might get the bug and want a whole football team! My mum had to move in with my granny when she was pregnant on her second so that I could be looked after and she could just lie around and be sick. I've already told her if I go for a second she's to expect me on their doorstep! At the moment I just hope everything goes well on this one. Don't want to get too far ahead of myself.
    Thanks Lynda and popz.

Well done on eating!!! Hope it stays put. Not sad at all. Not being able to keep food down is miserable. Let 's hope it's the start of the end of feeling yuch.

I think at the moment, there's good days and bad days and I'll just have to roll with it. I don't think I'll be in the clear for a while. Hopefully by Christmas there'll be mostly good days though! Just dying for my 12 week app on Tuesday so I know everything is ok and we can tell everyone.

Can't wait to hear about the sex of your twins. Are you going to be the kind of mum that dresses them identically?! :)

I think at the moment, there's good days and bad days and I'll just have to roll with it. I don't think I'll be in the clear for a while. Hopefully by Christmas there'll be mostly good days though! Just dying for my 12 week app on Tuesday so I know everything is ok and we can tell everyone.

Can't wait to hear about the sex of your twins. Are you going to be the kind of mum that dresses them identically?! :)

Good idea. Enjoy the good moments when you can.

I have no idea what kind of mum I'll be :) We were thinking we 'd have to dress them in different colours to keep track of who is who!!

Good idea. Enjoy the good moments when you can.

I have no idea what kind of mum I'll be :) We were thinking we 'd have to dress them in different colours to keep track of who is who!!

Or shave numbers in their heads like that woman did in China with quints!!

Had a really good weekend, ate dinner on Friday night and on Saturday was able to go out for brunch with my husband and do some Christmas shopping with no vomiting. Yesterday I didn't get sick once and ate both breakfast and a proper meal for dinner. Also got to hang out with my friends and tell them our news - they are all thrilled. Was lovely to get to talk babies and have everything out in the open. Because I've been so sick they all of course, knew already. Apparently my behaviour had just been too suspicious!

One of my friends (who I had told a while ago about the baby) is obsessed with the fact that my husband and I live in an apartment and don't have a house yet, so how can we be having a baby? She keeps telling us we need to move because although our apartment is on the ground floor it is above a garage and so there's a half flight of stairs up to our front door. It's getting really annoying. It's only a few steps, she keeps going on about getting the pram up and down them and how we should move. Sure, we'll manage - not everyone is in the perfect situation having a baby. Grrr. :mad: We lived overseas for the past few years in a city that was incredibly hilly. Nobody lived with access from the street to their houses, you always had to go up or down stairs to access your house from the street and people still managed to have babies!!

People will keep giving opinions but just ignore them Murdywurdy u will see forself what changes you need and just take one step at time! none of us born into hilton!.
    I have two more weeks for first scan appintment! feels like such a long wait!

• Advertisement

lynda18 wrote: »
    People will keep giving opinions but just ignore them Murdywurdy u will see forself what changes you need and just take one step at time! none of us born into hilton!.
    I have two more weeks for first scan appintment! feels like such a long wait!

That's what I was thinking - we all have to work around things and we'll see how we go. If it is too inconvenient then we'll do something about it then! Nowhere we live will be perfect. Plus, we rent our apartment from a family member and only pay half the usual rate of rent. Sure we'd be mad to leave that unless we really really have to!

You must be so excited, I hope the 2 weeks goes really fast. Our first hosp appointment is tomorrow but don't think we get a scan at it. Thinking about going for one in a week or so at a private place. A friend showed me a pic of her friend's 12 week scan yesterday and it looked like a proper baby. It was amazing. The one I had at 8 weeks 5 days, it just looked like a blob!!

Advertisement