Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due June 2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

butting in here murdy....ignore what your friend was saying...plenty of people have babies and dont even have a place to call thier own! there is nothing wrong with an apartment with a few steps....are you never meant to go up stairs again?! lol
    Do what works best for you and your OH and forget what anyone else has to say, friendly advice or not!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Rachineire wrote: »
    butting in here murdy....ignore what your friend was saying...plenty of people have babies and dont even have a place to call thier own! there is nothing wrong with an apartment with a few steps....are you never meant to go up stairs again?! lol
    Do what works best for you and your OH and forget what anyone else has to say, friendly advice or not!

Thanks Rach - I think it's something I need to get used to. I bet there'll be lots of friendly "advice" coming my way over the next 6 months! People have babies in terrible situations and do a really good job. If all we have going against us is a few steps then I think we're doing ok :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Blueskye

I have several friends with babies in apartments, I know they'd like to move eventually but it's certainly not affecting the kids!! I wouldn't be concerned at all. Some people's 'advice' is pretty unhelpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Couchkitten

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    Thanks Rach - I think it's something I need to get used to. I bet there'll be lots of friendly "advice" coming my way over the next 6 months! People have babies in terrible situations and do a really good job. If all we have going against us is a few steps then I think we're doing ok :)

God, we've a few steps going up to our house...I wonder what your friend would say about that!

Just joining this thread. I'm 11 + 1 weeks today...it's killing me now just waiting to tell everyone. I'm actually feeling sicker than I did a few weeks ago as well.

God, we've a few steps going up to our house...I wonder what your friend would say about that!

Just joining this thread. I'm 11 + 1 weeks today...it's killing me now just waiting to tell everyone. I'm actually feeling sicker than I did a few weeks ago as well.

Congratulations and welcome! If it makes you feel better I've been a pukemonster and my sickness has just lifted - I had a sudden afternoon of feeling better at 11 weeks 5 days (which was last Saturday) and since then I'm so much better. I wasn't expecting to stop puking until about 13/14 weeks so I'm only thrilled. Hopefully your's will lift soon too :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭sunshiner

Hey Couchkitten,welcome and congrats! Im the same as yourself i was fine until 10days ago. Know i cant stop puking and have one mother of a sinus infection. Which doesnt seem to be lifting nearly a week on the antibiotics :( feeling sorry for myself. That and hormones man do i cry at anything my poor hubbie is bewildered but being great.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭lynda18

I have a really bad tooth infection and been put on anti biotics!the pain is awful and soo tired! have read awful things bout infections causing miscarriages so booked in for private scan on thursday! could not last waiting until my hospital appointment as quiet apprehensive esp now im on tablets! i cannot wait till I am past twelve weeks ( 2 more weeks) and i can enjoy the pregnancy and relax more! prob the first child is most nervewrecking too cause all soo new!

By the way congrats couchkitten!

sunshiner wrote: »
    Hey Couchkitten,welcome and congrats! Im the same as yourself i was fine until 10days ago. Know i cant stop puking and have one mother of a sinus infection. Which doesnt seem to be lifting nearly a week on the antibiotics :( feeling sorry for myself. That and hormones man do i cry at anything my poor hubbie is bewildered but being great.

Oh no! I know how you feel. It's just the most miserable feeling in the world. I used to be crying to often saying I couldn't take it anymore and my poor hubby just didn't know what to do. He said that was worse than the puking because he felt so helpless seeing me so upset. I really hope you feel better soon. I'm not going to go into all the things that work for women with morning sickness because I know for me not a thing worked except time passing (I'm still nervous waiting for the sickness to come back). Just look after yourself!
    lynda18 wrote: »
    I have a really bad tooth infection and been put on anti biotics!the pain is awful and soo tired! have read awful things bout infections causing miscarriages so booked in for private scan on thursday! could not last waiting until my hospital appointment as quiet apprehensive esp now im on tablets! i cannot wait till I am past twelve weeks ( 2 more weeks) and i can enjoy the pregnancy and relax more! prob the first child is most nervewrecking too cause all soo new!

You're dead right to get a private scan - anything that stops you from worrying is a good thing. I got one at 9ish weeks and it was great. I have my 12 week appointment today and I'm really really nervous, because the sickness has lifted so much in the last few days what if that means something has gone wrong? It's so hard to stop worrying. Let us know how your scan goes anyway and I hope you feel better soon, tooth infections are rotten at the best of times.

Thanks Murdywordy hope today goes well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

Murdy - Good luck with your scan today, hope everything is going well. I was beginning to feel better around the time of the 12 week scan too..

Lynda and Sunshiner, get well soon hope the infections clear up...

Couchkitten - I remember it got worse before it got better for me, at about 11 weeks I was puking my way around town and then improved in the next few days. Keep hanging in there :)

Just the reflux bothering me and the constant bunged up nose, have noticed particularly in the morning there is blood when I blow my nose but from reading online I think that's normal.

Thanks everyone.
    What are peoples thoughts on getting the flu vaccine while pregnant? My gp said the uptake is very low among pregnant ladies.Ive seen cases reported of narcolepsy in children that were the jab.So im in 2 minds tbh.

thanks Krankykitty - that's reassuring that your sickness cleared up around now too.

Weirdly, today I have what I feel is a noticeable little bump. It's very rounded and I was just at a work function and I could feel people looking at it thinking 'is she, isn't she'? This dress might have to put at the back of the wardrobe for a while!

sunshiner wrote: »
    Thanks everyone.
    What are peoples thoughts on getting the flu vaccine while pregnant? My gp said the uptake is very low among pregnant ladies.Ive seen cases reported of narcolepsy in children that were the jab.So im in 2 minds tbh.

I was wondering about this too. I've had a flu jab this year already, I had one in April for the Southern Hemisphere winter (it's a different jab apparently though, different strains) so I'm not even sure I can get it. I need to talk to the GP.

During the swine flu epidemic a few years ago I got the flu jab and my husband didn't. He got what he was told was swine flu and we were told to sleep separately but I figured it was too late. Turns out it was regular flu - he was in bed for two weeks. I've never seen anyone so ill (that's why it annoys me when people call a cold the flu). I never got sick and we think it was because I had the ja. Both of us get it every year now because we know how devestating proper flu can be. I'm still not sure about getting it when pregnant though, especially as I had one already this year

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭lainycool

Goodluck with your appointment today murdywurdy!
    Regarding the flu jab i have personally decided not to get it as i can't actually remember ever having the flu, So I think I'll let my own immune system look after me but i totally get its a personal choice and i know diabetics would be advised to get it!

How is everyone doing, My energy levels seem to be back during the day anyway, It feels so good to feel normal!
    My only problem is with dinners at the moment, I find that i don't really have an appetite in the evening i prefer to eat earlier in the day now which is the opposite to what I usually am!
    I really can't wait till I start seeing a change in my shape at the moment im the same size I've always been, Im hoping i just wake up one morning and a little bump has appeared lol

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Couchkitten

Thanks for the welcome and motivational words about the ms everyone.

Re the flu jab, I also decided to give it a miss. Each year there are slightly different strains of flu around and slightly different vaccines developed, so i don't understand how all the effects are thoroughly researched each year. If a prof could explain this to me I would happily get the flu jab.

Lynda18 - we went for a private scan at 9 +6 and the midwife told me that the chances of miscarriage were already very low at that time. You'll feel much more relaxed after your scan.

About the crying, god I've gone ridiculous. I bawled my eyes out at the boots Christmas ad the other day! I mean the ad is barely memorable, never mind emotional.

Appointment was great :) Really pleased with the staff in Holles Street. The midwife spent a good bit of time with us and answered loads of questions. I got bloods taken and a medical history (and had to make my wees in a cup) and then got to hear the heartbeat and she gave us a sneaky mini scan on the machine in the room to be nice. We could hear the heartbeat loud and strong and in the scan the baby looked like a real person instead of a blob - we could see the outline of the face with nose and a little arm waving in the air! The midwife was really good about my having been so sick, she asked me loads of questions of how much weight I've lost and was reassured that the sickness had eased up - made me feel a bit better that there was some attention given to it and if I had still been sick it would have been monitored.

Only thing is she also thinks I'm not as far along as I think going from the date of my last period. My dates have me at 12 + 2 but she said that I'm more likely 11 and a bit. The early scan I had (I brought the report with me to the hosp which I'd recommend) supported this. I don't mind too much, now that my sickness isn't as bad I'm not as worried about it but I'll still probably think of myself as 12 weeks just to keep myself sane! So all is well with me and baby and we can tell everyone now :)

Next appointment is with my GP so not back in the hosp with the consultant until after my anomaly scan at the beginning of Feb. Suits me fine!

Hope everyone else is well - I'm in good form today now that everyone knows our news and I know all is well with bubs

Also, is anyone else sleeping really badly at the moment? I'm having the most vivid dreams and waking up alot at night. I LOVE my sleep so that's really unusual. At weekends as well I just can't sleep in (although I think that's nausea realated) Both myself and my husband were awake from 3 - 4am this morning and we couldn't figure out who had woken up first. Normally it's the cat that wakes us up getting into bed with us but it wasn't him this time!

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭lainycool

Appointment was great :) Really pleased with the staff in Holles Street. The midwife spent a good bit of time with us and answered loads of questions. I got bloods taken and a medical history (and had to make my wees in a cup) and then got to hear the heartbeat and she gave us a sneaky mini scan on the machine in the room to be nice. We could hear the heartbeat loud and strong and in the scan the baby looked like a real person instead of a blob - we could see the outline of the face with nose and a little arm waving in the air! The midwife was really good about my having been so sick, she asked me loads of questions of how much weight I've lost and was reassured that the sickness had eased up - made me feel a bit better that there was some attention given to it and if I had still been sick it would have been monitored.

Only thing is she also thinks I'm not as far along as I think going from the date of my last period. My dates have me at 12 + 2 but she said that I'm more likely 11 and a bit. The early scan I had (I brought the report with me to the hosp which I'd recommend) supported this. I don't mind too much, now that my sickness isn't as bad I'm not as worried about it but I'll still probably think of myself as 12 weeks just to keep myself sane! So all is well with me and baby and we can tell everyone now :)

Next appointment is with my GP so not back in the hosp with the consultant until after my anomaly scan at the beginning of Feb. Suits me fine!

Hope everyone else is well - I'm in good form today now that everyone knows our news and I know all is well with bubs

Awh that's great murdywurdy they sound really good in Holles Street, It's such a great feeling to hear the heartbeat and i was like you, nervous cause my symptoms had eased up i was convinced something was wrong so it really puts your mind at ease hearing a good strong heartbeat!

I was exactly the same when I had my dating scan i had myself at 10 weeks 4 days and she put me back to 10+1, I know it's only a few days but it makes such a difference i used to love the weekend cause i would get to go into a new week on the Monday so now i have to wait till the Thursday, so im 13 weeks tomorrow :-)

It's mad how our brains work but i kind of still go by my own dates like you say it keeps me sane!

It's terrible but im kind of wishing Christmas to be over as that's when all my appointments start, I have my big scan on the 30th of January and I know im going to be a bag if nerves over that!

Hope everyone else is doing good :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Popz

Great news that all went well Murdywurdy - My appointment is next tues - so all excited and looking forward to being able to tell people - a lot of friends and family are trying to plan nights out etc, and while I do want to go, I dont want to commit to too much cos Im finding I get very tired after a day at work and the like - so it will be relief not to have to lie to people for much longer.
    As for sleep - im sleeping through the night but my sleep pattern is littered with weird dreams. Last night I dreamt I was shopping in tesco with my little baby (which was a boy) and I fell whilst carrying him......
    Probably my subconscious showing me Im nervous about being a first time mum.....

• Advertisement

Popz wrote: »
    Great news that all went well Murdywurdy - My appointment is next tues - so all excited and looking forward to being able to tell people - a lot of friends and family are trying to plan nights out etc, and while I do want to go, I dont want to commit to too much cos Im finding I get very tired after a day at work and the like - so it will be relief not to have to lie to people for much longer.
    As for sleep - im sleeping through the night but my sleep pattern is littered with weird dreams. Last night I dreamt I was shopping in tesco with my little baby (which was a boy) and I fell whilst carrying him......
    Probably my subconscious showing me Im nervous about being a first time mum.....

Yeah, my dreams seem to be baby related. Last night it was about the blood tests. Holles st only call you with the results if something is seriously wrong and in my dream they were desperately trying to get hold of me but all sorts of crazy stuff was happening to me so they couldn't - weird!

The tiredness is a killer, isn't it? So hard to be enthusastic in the evenings. It'll be nice when people know so that you don't feel like a recluse, especialyl coming up to xmas. Not long til your appointment anyway.

Lainycool, interesting about your dates changing as well! My weeks tick over on Mondays too it makes things much easier so I'll just continue with that. The baby will come when it's ready anyway, not on the due date!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Popz

Yeah, my dreams seem to be baby related. Last night it was about the blood tests. Holles st only call you with the results if something is seriously wrong and in my dream they were desperately trying to get hold of me but all sorts of crazy stuff was happening to me so they couldn't - weird!

The tiredness is a killer, isn't it? So hard to be enthusastic in the evenings.

Yep! Had some of thegirls on to me about plans for St. Stephens day - we normally go racing - but the thoughts of spending the day on my feet dressed up to the nines fills me with dread! I'll want my bed by 4pm - what a fuddy duddy!

Popz wrote: »
    Yep! Had some of thegirls on to me about plans for St. Stephens day - we normally go racing - but the thoughts of spending the day on my feet dressed up to the nines fills me with dread! I'll want my bed by 4pm - what a fuddy duddy!

We're boring pregnant ladies now, what can we do?!! It's my birthday in January and I already told my husband I wanted a lunch out instead of a dinner. That way I won't be knackered and I won't have to watch everyone getting tiddly as well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

It's funny, the first while I had loads of energy but felt sick, now I'm not feeling sick any more the tiredness has struck. Falling asleep randomly in the evenings now.

I've persuaded my hubby to have our usual NYE party in the house/local pub which will be interesting - at least the post pub sausage rolls will stand a chance of being cooked right with a sober head! But apart from that, I am looking forward so much to having some rest over the Christmas, watching stuff on telly and eating some rubbish!

It's funny, the first while I had loads of energy but felt sick, now I'm not feeling sick any more the tiredness has struck. Falling asleep randomly in the evenings now.
    !

I'm totally shattered since last wknd. Glad I can tell people why. I feel like a couch potato but I've a really long commute so come the weekend I dont feel up for much!! Meeting friends for an early meal tonight, hopefully can stay awake :)

Decided to go private for a few reasons so meeting consultant for first time this Friday. Hoping for another scan!!! Twins were not v co operative last wk so be nice to get another peek at them.

Been telling people at work this week, lovely reactions. It's nice not having to hide it anymore.

Also, is anyone else sleeping really badly at the moment? I'm having the most vivid dreams and waking up alot at night. I LOVE my sleep so that's really unusual. At weekends as well I just can't sleep in (although I think that's nausea realated) Both myself and my husband were awake from 3 - 4am this morning and we couldn't figure out who had woken up first. Normally it's the cat that wakes us up getting into bed with us but it wasn't him this time!

I'm sleeping great but still feeling shattered on the morning. Saying that I can't seem to sleep in on weekends either anymore. OH seems to have no problem (let him enjoy it while he can!!). But also having v weird dreams!!!

Blueskye wrote: »
    Been telling people at work this week, lovely reactions. It's nice not having to hide it anymore.

Isn't it? It's so nice to be able to tell people, babies are just such joyous things :) Hopefully you do get a scan at your appointment so you can have another look at the twins, just to prove there is two in there!!

I'm dying for christmas too. In a way getting pregnant in September is good timing because you have the reward of time off at Christmas for getting through your first trimester!

Glad I'm not the only one with weird dreams - it must be a pregnancy thing (like everything else going on with me).

yup i had vivid dreams alot at the start 6-9 weeks but i think im just getting used to them now. Bizzare odd dreams! And im glad to say that my sex drive is coming back :D I feel so much better today the antibiotics have kicked in.

My morning sickness is back :( Serves me right for being so pleased with myself that it had almost gone away. I'm back to puking everything, including fluids up and generally feeling like ****. It was the weirdest thing, one day I felt better and was normal for a few days another day I wake up and I'm constantly nauseous and vomiting again. Trying my best to pretend it's not happening!

Hope everyone else is well and sickness is on the wane all round :)

• Advertisement

Thats terrible Murdywurdy! I have been lucky when comes to morning sickness! this week i am noticing most dramatic changes so far in body veins in breasts, stomach hardening and lots of wierd pains coming and going! also most tired but could be to do with anti biotics! i feel like different person lately would love to be back to myself flying around somedays, not used to so much sitting! but sure hopefully next few weeks we will!

Advertisement