Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due June 2013

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

So, doctor examined me and has written me off work for the rest of the week. I'm supposed to rest as much as possible :( Really awkward given I just handed my notice in. Don't want to look like I handed my notice in and now don't give a ****. *sigh* Will go in in the morning anyway and talk to them at least so it doesn't look as bad. Just goes to show we made the right decision in me giving up work.

Sunshiner, that sounds awful! We're all in the wars :( Is it worth seeing your GP first, just in case anything else is wrong do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭sunshiner

could be waiting a few days for the gp. the lady i do yoga with does pregnancy physio so might go to her. Anytime ive hurt my back i usually gone to physio and and doctors just give painkillers. Though right now id eat a packet of painkillers.

sunshiner wrote: »
    could be waiting a few days for the gp. the lady i do yoga with does pregnancy physio so might go to her. Anytime ive hurt my back i usually gone to physio and and doctors just give painkillers. Though right now id eat a packet of painkillers.

I know, my abdomen is bad tonight. I'm like an oul one hobbling around. Doc said I'm not allowed to bend over or move much. Would love some nurofen!

Hope the physio helps anyway - sounds nasty :(

thanks murdy sending positive vibes your way

thanks murdy sending positive vibes your way

right back at you!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭aknitter

Thanks for all the welcomes!! I agree with you Krankykitty, its so mentally draining - this is whats its like to get old - loosing mobility and the ability to do simple household jobs, relying on others for stuff and feeling really useless.

Schools - put the kids names down asap as you can not underestimate how important a good school will be to you. Our son was born in April and I'm wondering now whether we should wait until he's 5 or send him at 4, schools say put him down for 2015 and if we want we can wait another 12 months no bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭lynda18

Hope ur ok sun shiner! Best to straight physio cause when i hurt neck she didnt even look at it just recommended physio and charged me €55! I was disgusted !
    Did they say what's wrong wit stomach murdy? U can't control these things so don't worry bout work!
    I am sooo exhausted this week was asleep by hAlf 9 slept through until 6 30 and still tired! I used b doing gym classes in all pre pregnancy can't believe change in me !!

lynda18 wrote: »
    Hope ur ok sun shiner! Best to straight physio cause when i hurt neck she didnt even look at it just recommended physio and charged me €55! I was disgusted !
    Did they say what's wrong wit stomach murdy? U can't control these things so don't worry bout work!
    I am sooo exhausted this week was asleep by hAlf 9 slept through until 6 30 and still tired! I used b doing gym classes in all pre pregnancy can't believe change in me !!

No, doc thought it might have been a UTI but nothing showed up in my urine. He just said they take sharp stomach and back pain really seriously and he could see I was exhausted (not sleeping very well because it's uncomfortable). He just said anything like that and you have to rest, not supposed to do anything for the next few days! I did talk to my mum when I got home and she said she remembers having the same thing and being told to rest so I guess there is something causing it, doc said probably something bladder related anyway!

I hear ya on the tiredness, no matter how much I sleep I'm still tired - I reckon it's because the quality of our sleep isn't as good now we're all getting bigger/having different problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Blueskye

We're all crocks :) rest sounds like a good idea Murdy. Hope you feel better soon.

Hope you get some relief too Sunshiner.

I was asleep at 9.30 last night but still wrecked today. I'm going to take Friday off so that might help.

Feeling very sorry for myself :( been getting sick a lot today feel like I did at the height of my ms but with pain as well. Think I'm having a very feisty baby!

• Advertisement

God murdy u seem be going through the thick of it u poor thing !best just go home and rest!
    Hope everyone feels well soon! The easy glowing stage didnt last long ;)

Thanks for the nice well wishes. Went to the physio today who was brilliant feel much
    better.
    How you feeling now murdy did u manage to keep anything down?Hope everyone else is recovering.

Regarding schools, ive kind of given it some thought,im not going to christening my baby i will have a naming ceremony. So most schools if catholic wont accept you unless christened. So i think ill send them to the local non denominational school.

Thanks for the nice well wishes. Went to the physio today who was brilliant feel much
    better.
    How you feeling now murdy did u manage to keep anything down?Hope everyone else is recovering.

Regarding schools, ive kind of given it some thought,im not going to christening my baby i will have a naming ceremony. So most schools if catholic wont accept you unless christened. So i think ill send them to the local non denominational school.

I'm also looking at non denominational schools, neither myself nor my husband are catholic. Also looking at Church of Ireland schools but hubby would prefer non denominational. Need to do some more research. Glad the physio helped and you're feeling better!

I'm ok, been in bed all day and managed to sleep a bit. Lots of vomiting but I've just eaten dinner and it's staying down (so far). I'm just really really fed up :(

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    I'm also looking at non denominational schools, neither myself nor my husband are catholic. Also looking at Church of Ireland schools but hubby would prefer non denominational. Need to do some more research. Glad the physio helped and you're feeling better!

I'm ok, been in bed all day and managed to sleep a bit. Lots of vomiting but I've just eaten dinner and it's staying down (so far). I'm just really really fed up :(

oh dear your really getting a bad time murdy.
    About the school its a small school so im hoping class numbers will be small. There is another rural school with 10 to a class, i like that idea i will look into that too.

Small class sizes would be great - no schools near us would have that though they're all heavily subscribed. I'm getting ahead of myself anyway, have to get through the next 20 weeks first!

Sorry for the moaning ladies, you're probably fed up of me at this stage! Just having a bad day, still I'll be off work soon and that will take some of the stress of being sick off me.

Ah Murdy, you poor thing. Moan away. It must be awful.

We're looking at a non-denominational school too, boys won't be christened as we're not religious.

I'm really emotional this evening, burst into tears on way home, slept an hour, more tears, just getting overwhelmed by the smallest thing, not like me at all. I think the commute etc is getting the better of me. I'm going to have to talk to manager or doc and come up with a plan.

How are you feeling today Blueskye? I don't know why but the commute is just the hardest thing. It's one of the big reasons for me giving up work. Can you work more from home/shorter hours? Unfortunately my job is not flexible at all so there was nothing they could have done for me. Hopefully you can work out a plan. It's horrible being so shattered all the time, it's like existing, not living :(

Feeling a bit better today, I'm still nauseated but the pain is a lot better. Bed rest really does help :) Also, the baby was moving like mad yesterday afternoon and I felt a proper little kick in the middle of all the other moving about. It wasn't that strong (not like I'm sure it will be later on) but it was enough to make me say "ooh" in surprise. That was nice and made me feel better for having to rest :)

Glad to hear the rest is helping Murdy. How lovely to feel a real kick like that. My two have been very quiet the past few days.

I took the morning off as I was awake til all hours and felt it would be stupid taking on a long drive with little sleep. I'm going to go in after lunch for a while. I've taken Friday off so if I can just get through tomorrow. And I'm going to schedule to meet manager to try to sort something out, otherwise I'll end up off sick with the stress of it all.

Blueskye wrote: »
    Glad to hear the rest is helping Murdy. How lovely to feel a real kick like that. My two have been very quiet the past few days.

I took the morning off as I was awake til all hours and felt it would be stupid taking on a long drive with little sleep. I'm going to go in after lunch for a while. I've taken Friday off so if I can just get through tomorrow. And I'm going to schedule to meet manager to try to sort something out, otherwise I'll end up off sick with the stress of it all.

Sounds like a plan. I know it's hard though, to not be able for things like you were before. Everyone says you need to look after yourself but it can be hard to say to people that you're not coping. I still feel bad about it :( You have more reason than most to need less time at work though, I can't imagine if I had two baby MurdyWurdys here. One is causing more than enough trouble!

I'm feeling so much better today so it just goes to show that I do need to rest and we made the right decision about work - makes me feel better :)

Yes I really feel I could do wit days rest and off to clear and come back to self! It's so hard keep everything up and like u say embarassed to admit defeat even though its silly' i really feeling bloated after I eat now going hav look up easy digested foods and dinners cause think its making me tired!
    The movements make it all worth it alright. Can't believe I be 22 weeks tomorrow!
    Getting Hooked on one born every minute ! Do yous watch it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭lainycool

Hi ladies hope everyone is keeping well and over all the nasty bugs etc, I had my anatomy scan today and everything looks great which is a relief, I was very nervous before it and im so glad to have it behind me now.
    The sonographer was lovely, She gave me 8 pictures which I can't stop looking at :-)

Getting plenty of kicks now too which is lovely.

Roll on the weekend x

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭DoubleB

Hi Everyone,
    Lainycool I'm thrilled that your scan went well today, huge relief.
    I'm sorry to hear so many of us are suffering with aches, pains and sickness. I feel ur pain. Have been feelin really sick every morning this week (putting it down to orange juice being too acidic, so will cut that out tomoro) also having pelvis, back & hip pain!! Like yee all said the kicks make it all worthwhile. I am feeling more than flutters but not quite kicks if ya get me. I suppose I'm aware or feel the movement at least 5 times a day now. Mostly after eating or when I need to wee!!

I've thought lots about schools as I am a Primary School teacher and am very aware of what goes on in some schools!!! There are lots of pros and some cons for waiting for the child to turn 5 before starting, however I feel that if the child is ready, socially and intellectually then there is no harm. I would hope my baba will be ready to start in the Sep after turning 4 thou that is very young for most. It is actually an awkward one as if they were a few months earlier they would more than likely be ready, but even a few months later and I'd definitely hold off. It will totally depend on Baba. I have taught many children who have started in Junior Infants at 4 and were in no way ready. It had a negative effect on the child's experience of school and I have to say really changed the dynamic of the class. Lots to think about girls!!

In other news...I'm feeling really fat today. I have put on SOOOOO much weight everywhere(says she as she hops off a masive slice of choc biscuit cake). I've been getting no exercise apart fro running around after a class of 30 infants everyday!!

Yay - so glad the scan went well Lainycool, you must be feeling great! I'm so nervous about mine :)

Interesting advice on schools DoubleB, great to hear from a primary school teacher. My hubby and I were saying that last night, that June is a bit of an awkward time so we'll just but him/her down to start Sept 2017 and if they're not ready, then we wait another year. I know I was dying to get to school but I was 4.5 starting. Must be hard being on your feet with 30 kids at the moment for you!

Made dinner for my hubby tonight and we sat at the dinner table like a normal couple. It seems so silly but for me that's an achievement these days! Had to stop myself doing more in the house today because doc was so firm about staying in bed. Hopefully the pain will recede more and by the time I finish work I won't have to be so tied to me bed. :)

Delighted scan went well Lanycool such a relief! Did they stick to ur due date? I think at last scan he put me week ahead so want check out at mine! Wow 8 pictures say your delighted!
    Thank good the end of week is nearly here! I am really starting get bloated after all food now and feel over full as if pigged out!
    God I hav not given schools to much thought but in our area u register them year before so a bit time yet! I would hope they be ready to go at 4 but we will see when time comes

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭lainycool

Delighted scan went well Lanycool such a relief! Did they stick to ur due date? I think at last scan he put me week ahead so want check out at mine! Wow 8 pictures say your delighted!
    Thank good the end of week is nearly here! I am really starting get bloated after all food now and feel over full as if pigged out!
    God I hav not given schools to much thought but in our area u register them year before so a bit time yet! I would hope they be ready to go at 4 but we will see when time comes

Hi Lynda18

Yes she stuck with that date as I had been moved previously before that too, She said that baby is right on track with growth etc and it weighs just under a pound at the moment!

She found a tiny fibroid on my womb aswell that had me kind of freaked out but after approaching Mr Google i feel much better now, She said they are nothing to worry about!

It's amazing how thorough they are and check absolutely everything!

Im not back to the coombe now for another 7 weeks and then i have to have a glucose tolerance test which im not looking forward to......Thanks mammy (she has diabetes)

Im going to mothercare after work today to buy something, I've only bought my pram which I got at a really good deal and im dying to buy a little babygrow or something!

Like yourself we haven't really put much thought into schools but I do want him/her to go to an Irish school so not sure how far in advance their name has to go down.
    When is your next scan?

My big scan is Monday so really looking forward seing it ! This is only our second and prob last scan!i am nervous too hoping all be ok!
    God u hav pram in all fair play! What make did u get? did u get one that car seat sits into? pram seems be most expensive purchase.
    We are going buy bits each week now once scan goes well Monday!
    Yes fybroid is nothing worry bout it was still great news u got at Scan. Imagine baby nearly a pound. U must b more excited now.

I have to go for that glucose in march also as I have pcos! Everytime I hav a biscuit I think of the test and worry so prob a good thing keep me on track ;) it's great I hav combined care so hardly any trekking to hospital !cause all appointments work u up a bit I think .

Lainycool, I think the Irish schools are quite hard to get into with long waiting lists so you may need to put their name down as soon as they're born! It's crazy to be thinking that far ahead, isn't it

I love buying baby stuff, when I'm feeling a bit low and finding pregnancy difficult and I'm able to get to the shops I'll buy a little pair of bootees or a babygro just to remind myself it will be worth it! I'm about to order our reusable nappies online. Yay! I showed my mum the youtube videos the other day and she's coming around to the idea now. She was thinking of the old school cloth ones with pins and things but the new type are just so different! I was wondering if the cat would let me practice on him, he's pretty laid back :P

We're going to Ikea on Saturday too to look at baby furniture and things. Is it sad that I'm actually excited about that?!

Back at work today, I am feeling a lot better and the pain has mostly gone now but the two days off at home made me realise I'm dying to finish up in 2 weeks! The rest just makes such a difference to me physically and mentally.

Getting Hooked on one born every minute ! Do yous watch it?

Yup i watch it,the first time i watched it i nearly fainted i was so overwhelmed,which was funny as i had watched it previous to being pregnant.but now im grand, i cry everytime.

Murdy let me know how it goes with the cat haha, that will be comical. Ikea have lovely stuff. My eco mattress arrived today,im going to leave it wrapped up til the room is ready which is looking like over a months time :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭aknitter

Hope everyone is feeling ok today - went to town to buy some yarn to finish a car seat blanket for the next one and am now on the couch in pain - but worth it! :)
    My big scan is next tues - getting nervous now.
    Just remembered I bought a great dress from Asos.com last time I was pregnant - had a look and they have a great selection and range of stuff. Just in case anyone needs more clothes!

Advertisement