Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due June 2013

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Yeah, I looked at Asos the other and the maternity range looks really good. Loads of it is on sale too. I decided not to buy anything though, now that I'm giving up work the jeans and tops I've already bought will do me. How sensible and grown up am I? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭aknitter

Very sensible altogether!! I'm just afraid I might have nothing to wear soon!!

aknitter wrote: »
    Very sensible altogether!! I'm just afraid I might have nothing to wear soon!!

Go on and spend lots of money - do it! Go shopping :)

I bought quite a bit at Christmas so I'm all set :)

So you are actually a knitter then? I've started knitting recently but I'm not great yet. I'm almost finished a cardigan for a 6 - 12 month old and once that's done I want to do some baby stuff. Once I'm off work I'm going to see waht the library has in the way of easy baby patterns. I use Ravelry as well but I find it hard to tell how easy the patterns are sometimes.

Have you ever ordered wool online? I used Springwool (I think that's the name). I ordered what I thought was red wool but it's a proper fuschia colour. If the baby is a boy I don't know what I'll do with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭lynda18

I went and got bras at lunch! Up a cup and width size!hope don't go anymore! Got work trousers and 3 tops in new look for 45! They are great value for maternity and had an ok range! Don't like spending too much cause just get by next few months and will never want see them again :) getting dress for a wedding at weekend which is expensive but. Few occasions I can wear it too!
    Really wanting get organised now at home and in purchases getting nesting syndrome badly ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

How ye all doing girls!

Lainycool, glad the scan went well, it's such a relief! Did you get any 3d pics?

I have bought the sum total of three things, a Man Utd kit and babygrow (how very practical of me :P ) and a little pink hat. I really must get my act together. Trying to watch my activity levels has really put me off walking round the shops unfortunately. Feel like I haven't the energy/body for nesting at the moment..

I did buy a dress on Asos though, there was lovely stuff, just waiting till I get a chance to go and collect it. Will let you know how it turned out...

I also nearly faint when I accidentally turn on One Born.. I wish they would just do a summary programme showing the bits where they're cuddling the babies!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭lainycool

lynda18 wrote: »
    My big scan is Monday so really looking forward seing it ! This is only our second and prob last scan!i am nervous too hoping all be ok!
    God u hav pram in all fair play! What make did u get? did u get one that car seat sits into? pram seems be most expensive purchase.
    We are going buy bits each week now once scan goes well Monday!
    Yes fybroid is nothing worry bout it was still great news u got at Scan. Imagine baby nearly a pound. U must b more excited now.

I found a really good travel system online for a fraction of what some of the other brands charge, It's a polish brand called kunert and it's perfect im really happy with it and yes the car seat pops into it!

I went to mothercare tonight and realised i haven't a fricken clue what to be buying lol

How ye all doing girls!

Lainycool, glad the scan went well, it's such a relief! Did you get any 3d pics?

I have bought the sum total of three things, a Man Utd kit and babygrow (how very practical of me :P ) and a little pink hat. I really must get my act together. Trying to watch my activity levels has really put me off walking round the shops unfortunately. Feel like I haven't the energy/body for nesting at the moment..

I did buy a dress on Asos though, there was lovely stuff, just waiting till I get a chance to go and collect it. Will let you know how it turned out...

I also nearly faint when I accidentally turn on One Born.. I wish they would just do a summary programme showing the bits where they're cuddling the babies!

Hi krankykitty
    No they didn't give me 3d but i wouldn't of wanted that anyway, I have heard that the coombe do usually give a 3d photo but she never offered!

One born every minute is really freaking me out these days, I hate watching the ones that have a tough time delivering.........ah ignorance is bliss :-)

I love watching one born - I keep thinking that I'm sure it won't be like that for me, I'll just bend over and the baby will pop out! I'm different and special!! :P

I made a list of all the things we need to get for baby, it is daunting isn't it? I've picked up a few things so far and wanted to make sure I wasn't doubling up. I have nearly everything left to buy! I've only got some vests/babygros/grobag things. Has anyone started asking you what the can buy? A friend of mine is already getting us an activity mat which is very organised of her :) I'm not sure whether I should prepare answers if people ask me or if that is a bit grabbing/greedy? I know if it were me I'd want to get my friends/family something they really needed. I'm not having a baby shower - was going to do an afternoon tea after the baby is born instead.

Baby is kicking load now and last night my husband got to feel it! It's pretty early for that but baby was kicking loads in the one spot so I got my husband to press down firmly there. Baby did one extra big kick and he felt it! Said it to me before I could ask if he had felt it. All the other kicks were too light. It was so lovely and he was just so excited to feel it. Said it was just a gently tap on his hand.

lainycool wrote: »

I found a really good travel system online for a fraction of what some of the other brands charge, It's a polish brand called kunert and it's perfect im really happy with it and yes the car seat pops into it!

I went to mothercare tonight and realised i haven't a fricken clue what to be buying lol
    y

My partner was looking at that on line too and i was weary cause i never buy online but must hav other look. It's huge price difference and be great if good. Did you get yours delivered yet?

y

My partner was looking at that on line too and i was weary cause i never buy online but must hav other look. It's huge price difference and be great if good. Did you get yours delivered yet?

I have to say i was a bit weary about ordering it myself, I got it within 10 working days and when I got it we put it all together to make sure everything was there!
    I love it I have to say and im so glad we got it!
    The amount of stuff you get with it is great aswell like baby bag, rain cover, fly net etc!

I think they have a showroom in Leitrim too but we didn't get a chance to get down!

• Advertisement

lainycool wrote: »

I have to say i was a bit weary about ordering it myself, I got it within 10 working days and when I got it we put it all together to make sure everything was there!
    I love it I have to say and im so glad we got it!
    The amount of stuff you get with it is great aswell like baby bag, rain cover, fly net etc!

I think they have a showroom in Leitrim too but we didn't get a chance to get down!

God i think we will get next month aswel! That's fantastic price and glad u happy wit it! Some shops are crazy money like 1000 and once comfortable and safe for baby and easy to manage sure it's all we need
    The Moses baskets on website are sooo cute aswel.
    Getting travel system will make me feel on road to being organised! Such a big thing to get out way. Il prob only buy that Moses basket and bath before its born and whatever needed for changing bag and hospital.

God i think we will get next month aswel! That's fantastic price and glad u happy wit it! Some shops are crazy money like 1000 and once comfortable and safe for baby and easy to manage sure it's all we need
    The Moses baskets on website are sooo cute aswel.
    Getting travel system will make me feel on road to being organised! Such a big thing to get out way. Il prob only buy that Moses basket and bath before its born and whatever needed for changing bag and hospital.

I know i was looking at the moses baskets they are lovely, My parents are buying that for me, I went and got bottles and steraliser last night in Mothercare they were on special, Im just going to pick stuff up week by week on special offer if i can ;-)

Im starting my antenatal classes next Thursday, Im looking forward to that and I hope they talk about breast feeding as I had every intention of doing it but I find the last few weeks im starting to question if I will, I already feel really selfish for thinking like this!
    So hopefully the idea will appeal again.

Have a lovely weekend ladies :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Laonycool - where are you doing your classes? I know in Holles St one of the classes focuses on breast feeding and they showed a video about it.

Hey all happy Friday and hope you all have a good weekend..

Lainycool, enjoy the classes.. How often are they? I'm going to do one all day one some Saturday. Let us know how it goes and if you learn anything interesting :)

I am really poor at this baby shopping stuff I must really write a list. I keep hearing that first time parents buy everything going and then only use a small amount of it, so maybe it's a good strategy to buy the bare minimum and then see what you need.

Have had a good week pain wise and feel a lot more rested so I am going to go and get my hair done tomorrow and maybe a little look at some babygros.

So you are actually a knitter then? I've started knitting recently but I'm not great yet. I'm almost finished a cardigan for a 6 - 12 month old and once that's done I want to do some baby stuff. Once I'm off work I'm going to see waht the library has in the way of easy baby patterns. I use Ravelry as well but I find it hard to tell how easy the patterns are sometimes.

Have you ever ordered wool online? I used Springwool (I think that's the name). I ordered what I thought was red wool but it's a proper fuschia colour. If the baby is a boy I don't know what I'll do with it![/QUOTE]

Yep I knit, I find it calms me down a lot!! Well done on the cardy. I wouldn't get too hung up on colours - quantity is whats needed when they are small - had my boy in pink when he had puke/pooed on everything.
    I haven't used springwools but I would, I prefer to go into the shops because as you found out colours online and in your hand can be very different, and most shops have really helpful staff or even other customers.
    Ravelry is great I use it all the time but google patons they have patterns that they sell in the shops for free so you know they've been edited properly and are easy enough to read through, and the yarn is easily available.
    My son has eczema so I would strongly recommend using cotton or bamboo or any 100% natural yarn for anything that could be touching the babys skin, acrylic, nylon or wool blends will irritate the skin. I ordered a yarn made from corn called 'amaizing' form an American site, I will unravel what i made and use it for baby cardys (good site called yarnmarket but shipping was expensive).
    Also if you have a boy a photo of him in a fuschia hat wil be lovely on his 21st birthday cake!! :D

Hi All hope you're having a great weekend...

I went in to town to get my hair done (at last!) and went to about 5 select shops in a very short vicinity to one another. Paying the price today but it was good to get out and about. I looked at babygros and outfits in a few places but I see some do newborn size at about 7lbs where other shops are bigger. Don't want to buy too much tiny stuff in case she is a big bouncer! I got a little set with a vest, babygro, hat and bib, with a bunny and cat on, and another white one with a hat that says "my mummy loves me", couldn't resist.

Maybe it would be helpful if we post up if we notice there's a sale on in any of the shops? Mothercare had reductions on bottles, nappy bins and a few other stuff, as well as some of the multi packs of sleep suits.

By the way on maternity clothes, my Asos stuff arrived and it was cut very generously, so much so I'll have to send it back. I bought my normal size. It might be to do with the style I chose, I got ones that were sort of tight at the bust and then went out from there, perhaps I might fare better with one that is more fitted but with space for the bump to expand.

Hey all happy Friday and hope you all have a good weekend..

Lainycool, enjoy the classes.. How often are they? I'm going to do one all day one some Saturday. Let us know how it goes and if you learn anything interesting :)

I am really poor at this baby shopping stuff I must really write a list. I keep hearing that first time parents buy everything going and then only use a small amount of it, so maybe it's a good strategy to buy the bare minimum and then see what you need.

Have had a good week pain wise and feel a lot more rested so I am going to go and get my hair done tomorrow and maybe a little look at some babygros.

There is 4 classes altogether and first one starts Thursday, Im raging now that I didn't.do the one day class as it's a pain having to go to the coombe each time and my oh can't get time off to do them with me!

I'll let you know how they go x

aknitter wrote: »
    Yep I knit, I find it calms me down a lot!! Well done on the cardy. I wouldn't get too hung up on colours - quantity is whats needed when they are small - had my boy in pink when he had puke/pooed on everything.
    I haven't used springwools but I would, I prefer to go into the shops because as you found out colours online and in your hand can be very different, and most shops have really helpful staff or even other customers.
    Ravelry is great I use it all the time but google patons they have patterns that they sell in the shops for free so you know they've been edited properly and are easy enough to read through, and the yarn is easily available.
    My son has eczema so I would strongly recommend using cotton or bamboo or any 100% natural yarn for anything that could be touching the babys skin, acrylic, nylon or wool blends will irritate the skin. I ordered a yarn made from corn called 'amaizing' form an American site, I will unravel what i made and use it for baby cardys (good site called yarnmarket but shipping was expensive).
    Also if you have a boy a photo of him in a fuschia hat wil be lovely on his 21st birthday cake!! :D

Thanks for the knitting advice! That'll be something to do when I'm off work and not too tired to do anything.

Had a lovely weekend, but am still very tired and under the weather so lots of sleeping and lying down was done. I went to Ikea on Saturday (it was mental busy) to see how sturdy the baby furniture was. We're happy enough with it and picked out a cot and changing table. I'll order it online in a month or two so I can get it delivered. Had lunch with my friends yesterday and it was just what I needed. My stomach was sore last night from laughing so much!

Have our anomaly scan today and I'm so nervous. Nervous about everything being ok and nervous about finding out the gender. I hope we can and the baby doesn't hide it! I heard they recommend drinking lucozade before you go in because the fizz and sugar wakes the baby up and makes him/her move around. I don't even remember what lucozade tastes like but I'll pop to the shop and get some now I think :)

Hope everyone else had a lovely weekend and Lynda18 - good luck for your scan today too! :)

Hi Murdy & Lynda, best of luck with the scan, it is worrying but you'll feel great later on :)

I didn't use lucozade, just had a funsize toffee crisp and a couple of glasses of cold water about 20 minutes before. I think cold drinks do it, it doesn't have to be a sugary one. Lucozade would probably do the trick though!

Hi Murdy & Lynda, best of luck with the scan, it is worrying but you'll feel great later on :)

I didn't use lucozade, just had a funsize toffee crisp and a couple of glasses of cold water about 20 minutes before. I think cold drinks do it, it doesn't have to be a sugary one. Lucozade would probably do the trick though!

Ok, I am seriously craving a toffee crisp now. Hope the shop has them! :D

Would much rather have cold water than Lucozade so I may do that isntead :)

• Advertisement

I felt baby move around all night so I may get lucozade incase sleeps all day for scan! Best luck murdy hope all goes well for u! We going keep gender a suprise but still bit nervous! Hope all had nice weekends
    I'm starting feel really well and more energy and enjoying self so long may it last .
    Bought in nappies as half price in tesco this week. Partner was terrified when seen how small they are;) he felt baby first time weekend which is good ! All gets more real each week.

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    Ok, I am seriously craving a toffee crisp now. Hope the shop has them! :D

Would much rather have cold water than Lucozade so I may do that isntead :)

UPDATE: there were no toffee crisps :( got golden crisp instead :)
    I felt baby move around all night so I may get lucozade incase sleeps all day for scan! Best luck murdy hope all goes well for u! We going keep gender a suprise but still bit nervous! Hope all had nice weekends
    I'm starting feel really well and more energy and enjoying self so long may it last .
    Bought in nappies as half price in tesco this week. Partner was terrified when seen how small they are;) he felt baby first time weekend which is good ! All gets more real each week.

Ah, isn't it lovely when your partner gets to feel it? The amazement on my husband's face was just so lovely. He's just dying to meet the baby and we still have 19 weeks to go! So glad you're feeling perkier, it must be lovely :)

We were going to keep it as a surprise but I realised I'm far too impatient. Also, neither of us can imagine ourselves as parents of a boy (does that sound awful?!). Ever time we picture having kids they're girls so we thought it might be nice to find out so we can prepare ourselves!

Oh, and speaking of stuff on sale. The Johnson's extra sensitive wipes that are ok for newborns are on sale in Superquinn at the moment, half price. We stocked up on a few. Must look in Tesco at the nappies. We're buying reusable nappies but want some disposable ones for the first few days. Defo want to get them on special!

Goodluck today with your scans girls!

Let us all know how you get on :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Blueskye

Best of luck with scans ladies. Let us know how it goes. It's nerve wracking alright but great when it's all done.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭sunshiner

Was at the hospital today for the monthly checkup. I asked the midwife about a scan and was told they dont give them, that you only get one! Which im stunned at tbh as my sis in law got 4 scans in the same hospital! Maybe its hospital cut backs. So i wont be getting one of those anomaly/anatomy scans which im really disappointed about.

The nice thing was the lovely junior doctor gave me a quick scan then and there in her office as i asked about when would i know the sex, unfortunately the cord was in the way ARGGGG! but she said she thought it was a girl but couldnt be sure. Baby was very active, So that was kind of nice.

How are the rest of ye ladies?

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭sunshiner

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    UPDATE: there were no toffee crisps :( got golden crisp instead :)

Ah, isn't it lovely when your partner gets to feel it? The amazement on my husband's face was just so lovely. He's just dying to meet the baby and we still have 19 weeks to go! So glad you're feeling perkier, it must be lovely :)

We were going to keep it as a surprise but I realised I'm far too impatient. Also, neither of us can imagine ourselves as parents of a boy (does that sound awful?!). Ever time we picture having kids they're girls so we thought it might be nice to find out so we can prepare ourselves!

Oh, and speaking of stuff on sale. The Johnson's extra sensitive wipes that are ok for newborns are on sale in Superquinn at the moment, half price. We stocked up on a few. Must look in Tesco at the nappies. We're buying reusable nappies but want some disposable ones for the first few days. Defo want to get them on special!
    i got some ones on special off earthmother.ie they biodegrade after 3 years compared to a normal nappy which takes 300 years to biodegrade :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Blueskye

That's a pity about the anomaly scan Sunshiner. They don't do it routinely in my hospital either but do for twins.

I'd love to be able to knit but haven't picked up needles since domestic science in first or second year...love the idea though.

I'm really keen to get buggy sorted but OH hasn't had time to come with me past few weekends. Hoping to do that this weekend and put a deposit down. His parents have offered to pay for it which is brilliant. I've bought a good bit - changing table, travel cot, breast feeding pillow, babygros for different sizes, nappies, wipes. My brother is giving us a swing, sling, walker and some clothes which is great. I got a lot in the Xmas sales. But still have things to get. I'm conscious of getting huge and finding it hard to shop soon and/or maybe delivering early so want to be prepared. Really starting to feel the pressure if I 'm on my feet for long.

I looked at cots in ikea which are really reasonable but like the idea of a co sleeper one, so easy to get to babies in the night. You take off one side and cot is right next to bed. But my nephew hated his cot as did a friends son. Both only slept in travel cots. It's so hard to know. We're putting both babies in one cot at the start and plan to sleep them both in travel cot downstairs.

We booked an antenatal day for twins in early March. Looking forward to that. Easier than going to 6 classes plus more suited to us. Think there will be parents of twins there too.

There is a theard on here re baby and toddler bargins - I think its in the parenting section. But if anyone has Huggies coupons use them asap as Huggies are pulling out of the Irish market either at the end of this month or next month.

Scan tomorrow - feel really crap today and could do with a lift tomorrow.

If anyone is worried about sizes for baby gros the Dunnes 0-3 month size is what the midwives & mammys will recommed. You can tweak afterwards up or down. But beg borrow and steal what you can!! :)

I like the idea of a co-sleeping cot too but with our cat, that just wouldn't work. Has to be a proper cot with netting over it :)

So, just back from our scan and I can't sit still I'm so excited. Having a litle boy! We're both so shocked but we saw his junk so it's all fairly definite. I have a penis growing inside me!! Everything with the baby came out ok although the scan showed that I am earlier along than I thought so my due date has been moved back to 24th June instead of 17th June - BOO!!! Going to have to buy some blue things now to help it sink in!

As I'll be off work I also volunteered to be in two studies relating to scans and foetal heart monitoring/baby weights so I'll get a few extra scans. The sonographer said they're were looking for slim women because the baby is easier to see then and I'm quite chuffed at that. Nice to know all that vomiting had some kind of positive effect :D

Seriously, I'm so antsy now. How will I get any work done?!!

• Advertisement

Also, girls are supposed to make morning sickness worse. Can you imagine how sick I would have been if I was having a girl if that's what I was like on a boy! :eek:

Advertisement