Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due June 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Blueskye

Woohoo! Another boy for the thread :) congratulations :) I was sure we were having girls too but turned out to be boys. Very exciting.

Sounds great re the extra scans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Blueskye wrote: »
    Woohoo! Another boy for the thread :) congratulations :) I was sure we were having girls too but turned out to be boys. Very exciting.

Sounds great re the extra scans.

Those sneaky boys, convincing is they are girls! I am really excited. I just love knowing, I'm so glad we found out. It was a really special day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭sunshiner

yay congrats murdy :D

i must say theres lots of movement the last couple of days its amazing really strong kicks.

sunshiner wrote: »
    yay congrats murdy :D

i must say theres lots of movement the last couple of days its amazing really strong kicks.

The kicks are great, aren't they? Still makes me smile every time I feel one.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭lynda18

Delighted bout scan murdy and congrats on the boy! So exciting!!!
    Mine went very well aswel! All things looked fine and it moved round alot! Radiographer said she was very happy ! They wanted change my due date by ten days two. Said its ten days smaller but I felt last appointmenr that dr did add on ten days so was not suprised! I'm due 15tj June now! I hav to go back in 4 weeks to confirm date and just not that baby too small ! It weighs just under pound !
    Wrecked now from today. Visits take all out of u! Got cellular blankets sets wit sjeets for moses basket and new born bibs all half price in mother care today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭lainycool

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    I like the idea of a co-sleeping cot too but with our cat, that just wouldn't work. Has to be a proper cot with netting over it :)

So, just back from our scan and I can't sit still I'm so excited. Having a litle boy! We're both so shocked but we saw his junk so it's all fairly definite. I have a penis growing inside me!! Everything with the baby came out ok although the scan showed that I am earlier along than I thought so my due date has been moved back to 24th June instead of 17th June - BOO!!! Going to have to buy some blue things now to help it sink in!

As I'll be off work I also volunteered to be in two studies relating to scans and foetal heart monitoring/baby weights so I'll get a few extra scans. The sonographer said they're were looking for slim women because the baby is easier to see then and I'm quite chuffed at that. Nice to know all that vomiting had some kind of positive effect :D

Seriously, I'm so antsy now. How will I get any work done?!!

I'm so happy that your scan went well Murdywurdy and they could see that you were having a little boy, Did you have any ideas it was a boy or was it a shock?
    The extra scans will be nice to have aswell :D

I think the first 20 weeks of pregnancy have flown by and the last 2 weeks have went by so slow, I'm hoping it won't be like that for the 2nd half of the pregnancy!
    I can't believe there is an October thread now....Look how far we have come girls ;)

Glad your scan went well Lynda - interesting about your dates too! They said if I hadn't had an early pregnancy scan at 8 weeks that showed I was a week earlier as well they would have just gone with my original due date. Still, better to have an idea of what's happening. Still annoying though!

Thanks for the mothercare heads up too, I might go and buy a little bit online now. I do have a 150EUR voucher for Dunnes as well so great that aknitter says they're sizing is good. Going to use that to get a lot of the baby stuff next month or beginning of April.

Just told the cat he is getting a little brother. He didn't look particularly excited! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭lainycool

lynda18 wrote: »
    Delighted bout scan murdy and congrats on the boy! So exciting!!!
    Mine went very well aswel! All things looked fine and it moved round alot! Radiographer said she was very happy ! They wanted change my due date by ten days two. Said its ten days smaller but I felt last appointmenr that dr did add on ten days so was not suprised! I'm due 15tj June now! I hav to go back in 4 weeks to confirm date and just not that baby too small ! It weighs just under pound !
    Wrecked now from today. Visits take all out of u! Got cellular blankets sets wit sjeets for moses basket and new born bibs all half price in mother care today.

Great news it went well Lynda18, Your stats match mine, My baby was 14 ozs at 20+6 days and I'm due the 13th of June!
    Did you find out what you are having?

lainycool wrote: »
    I'm so happy that your scan went well Murdywurdy and they could see that you were having a little boy, Did you have any ideas it was a boy or was it a shock?
    The extra scans will be nice to have aswell :D

I think the first 20 weeks of pregnancy have flown by and the last 2 weeks have went by so slow, I'm hoping it won't be like that for the 2nd half of the pregnancy!
    I can't believe there is an October thread now....Look how far we have come girls ;)

It was a complete shock - everyone was convinced it was a girl!

Also, couldn't believe it when I saw an October thread either - time feels like it's going fast and slow at the same time. It's weird :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Just told the cat he is getting a little brother. He didn't look particularly excited! :D

Ha ha that made me laugh!!

How do you think the cat will react to a baby taking over the house?

• Advertisement

kitten_k wrote: »
    Ha ha that made me laugh!!

How do you think the cat will react to a baby taking over the house?

I know - I'm mad :)

I'm really not sure, he's my first baby and is spoiled absolutely rotten. He is lovely though :) I think he'll like having me home and will follow me around when I'm doing stuff with the baby. He's already like my shadow!

I'm sure he will be fine after a couple of days.

kitten_k wrote: »
    I'm sure he will be fine after a couple of days.

He'll have to be, he has no choice! Although, the amount of people who have told me to "get rid of him" before the baby is born is unreal. Just butt out of my business - so insulting. It's people I don't know very well as well, nobody that knows me properly would say that to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Emmacash

He'll have to be, he has no choice! Although, the amount of people who have told me to "get rid of him" before the baby is born is unreal. Just butt out of my business - so insulting. It's people I don't know very well as well, nobody that knows me properly would say that to me!

I hear ya murdy. Absolutely everyone seems to be shocked at the fact that I'm keeping my cat when the baby comes along. it's crazy! It's not like I'm thinking of letting him babysit or anything! So long as we keep our heads...don't leave them alone together or anything (obviously) I Don't see the problem!
    Big Congrats by the way its great news bout your scan!

It's mad that people say that about cats but not about dogs!!

(I personally don't like cats myself, but each to their own)

Emmacash wrote: »
    I hear ya murdy. Absolutely everyone seems to be shocked at the fact that I'm keeping my cat when the baby comes along. it's crazy! It's not like I'm thinking of letting him babysit or anything! So long as we keep our heads...don't leave them alone together or anything (obviously) I Don't see the problem!
    Big Congrats by the way its great news bout your scan!

I know - it's mad. I know some people don't like cats but he's my pet and he's going nowhere :( He's not going to eat the baby and as you said he won't be babysitting! My friend who is also pregnant is a vet and she said as long as the cat is regularly wormed and fleaed and you cover up the cot that's all you need to worry about. I'm also going to vacuum daily because we have wooden floors and the fur accumulates fast!

Thanks for the congrats :)

oh jaysus this is a conversation im sick of hearing. I have 2 dogs and a cat.
    My neighbour,nice lady keeps bringing them up. Im like what do u want me to do? My dogs are very well trained,everyone comments on how well behaved they are. Yeah they can be hyper when they want exercise theyre like children but are great with kids. I keep explaining to her and others once the babys room is set up the dogs will adjust to the change, they will learn dos n donts. I dont know what more expect you to do :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

Murdy & Lynda congrats on your great scan news! It is such a relief isn't it. Did you get any good pictures? And you're having a boy Murdy! I really enjoyed finding out. I was convinced you were having a girl as I was listening to all the old wives tales about sickness meaning a girl. I was convinced I was having a boy myself so it shows what I know :D

That whole "cat being out to kill your child" thing really annoys me. The cat will probably be afraid of the baby if anything. As if you'd leave any animal alone with a baby anyway, but it almost seems like people have an excuse to unleash their vitriol about cats (as well as how babies allow everyone to have an opinion and share impose it with you too, lol!)

I have no pets but still getting endless advice on other issues but we just hav go wit our gut when baby born!
    Scan did make me alot more excited last night and everything more real! It's amazing the love they give u already! Want do everything to protect it!!i just hope growth was a datig issue and baby is ok !
    Before scan yesterday I fell over in work and was dizzy so I have ring gp today. I noticed on my file my b12 was low!
    Hope all well wit everyone !

Murdy & Lynda congrats on your great scan news! It is such a relief isn't it. Did you get any good pictures? And you're having a boy Murdy! I really enjoyed finding out. I was convinced you were having a girl as I was listening to all the old wives tales about sickness meaning a girl. I was convinced I was having a boy myself so it shows what I know :D

That whole "cat being out to kill your child" thing really annoys me. The cat will probably be afraid of the baby if anything. As if you'd leave any animal alone with a baby anyway, but it almost seems like people have an excuse to unleash their vitriol about cats (as well as how babies allow everyone to have an opinion and share impose it with you too, lol!)

Yeah, women's intuition means nothing really, doesn' t it? :P Got some really food pics, the scan was really clear so they're being sent around at the moment.

The cat thing really annoys me too - it's always from people that don't have cats/don't like them as well. Anyone I've spoken to that has had a baby and a cat has had no problems. Our cat will more than likely ignore the baby. The only thing we need to watch for is that he thinks everywhere in the house is his to sleep on/in/under (he is very spoiled!) so I'll need to keep him off the baby's things - and you're right, you'd never leave them alone together or allow him into the baby's room. A girl I know told me that "there's no way you can have a cat in the house with a newborn - you better get rid of him" as if it was a direct order and I should obey. I barely know her! Also, she grew up on a farm and I know from relatives etc that that often means you have a different view of pets/animals. I've never heard anyone saying anything about dogs though so interesting that people are getting told that one too!

Our cat is from New Zealand, we adopted him from the SPCA when we were living there. We paid an absolute fortune to bring him back to Ireland with us beacause he means that much to us. Why on earth would we get rid of him just beacuse of a new addition to the household? I just make non-commttal noises and say we'll see when people start at me about geting rid of the cat. I wish I had something really pithy I could say to shut them up!

• Advertisement

lynda18 wrote: »
    I have no pets but still getting endless advice on other issues but we just hav go wit our gut when baby born!
    Scan did make me alot more excited last night and everything more real! It's amazing the love they give u already! Want do everything to protect it!!i just hope growth was a datig issue and baby is ok !
    Before scan yesterday I fell over in work and was dizzy so I have ring gp today. I noticed on my file my b12 was low!
    Hope all well wit everyone !

Yes, advice coming out our ears here too. keep getting told we need to move house. I wish people would just feck off. Maybe we could all make feck off badges?

Sorry to hear about your BP. Mine is low as well and apparently it's common in the second trimester. That's one of the reasons I was told to take it easy and stay in bed last week. It can make you very tired as well as dizzy as less oxygen is getting to your brain. Just take care of yourself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

I would probably wind them up and tell them I'd let the cat and baby sleep together and how kitty would be a great babysitter :D I know I'm a bit of an animal lover so maybe not best judge, but I actually think it's a little bit cruel to just discard a pet because your family situation is changing. Not saying anything about people who try it out and then it doesn't work out. And I think when people say it to you that you have to get rid of the cat it comes across as being a bit judgemental of your parenting skills, as if you wouldn't be mindful of what needs to be done when you have an animal and baby together. I don't even have a cat (have one in my mothers) but have had people who know I'm a cat person saying oh you wouldn't have a cat and a baby together, wail...

(Hormones alert :) )

I would probably wind them up and tell them I'd let the cat and baby sleep together and how kitty would be a great babysitter :D I know I'm a bit of an animal lover so maybe not best judge, but I actually think it's a little bit cruel to just discard a pet because your family situation is changing. Not saying anything about people who try it out and then it doesn't work out. And I think when people say it to you that you have to get rid of the cat it comes across as being a bit judgemental of your parenting skills, as if you wouldn't be mindful of what needs to be done when you have an animal and baby together. I don't even have a cat (have one in my mothers) but have had people who know I'm a cat person saying oh you wouldn't have a cat and a baby together, wail...

(Hormones alert :) )

I completely agree with you - both myself and my husband are big animal lovers. If we had the space we'd be getting a dog as well but that will have to wait!

I also think it's a bit cruel to abandon a pet because you've had a family but each to their own, I'm not going to judge as I don't want to be judged for not wanting to get rid of my cat. I know sometimes it doesn't work out but I know my cat, he's a big baby himself and the softest, most loving and placid little thing. He'd have to be having moved around so much! We always knew babies were on the cards one day and were mindful of that when getting a pet. I know everyone doesn't feel the same about animals as we do though. We were actually going to go up to the SPCA to get another cat and 3 days before we werer going to go I got a positive pregnancy test so we decided not to!

My hormones are at me too, getting worked up here! I think with leaving work soon I won't have to talk to many people who don't know me really well, so there'll be less of the telling me to get rid of the cat, but I may take your advice and play it up if they do!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Popz

Hiya - I dont post that often but check in regulary to see how everyone is getting on- great everyones scans went well - we have our one tomorrow - seems I have been counting down to this one for ages! :)

We have two little miniature dogs - girl and boy - and Im am often asked - too often actually, what we plan on doing when baby arrives.
    The male is the first and he is a pure baby! Loves to cuddle up on couch with me under the blankets, so I do worry about him feeling jealous, though we got the female after the male and I always felt she took over slightly and he is so good natured he just let her.

I think once we take the care to keep certain boundaries but not make a big deal about "staying away" from the baby (Ive seen some people so a mad panic when a dog is in the vicinity of a baby or toddler which Im sure builds anxiety in both the baby/toddler and dog) they will hopefully all get on ......

My parents got a kitten when i was born,the cat used to sleep under my cot, and follow me around,in every baby picture its me and the cat sammy. Hehe the cat used to even howl and meow when i used to cry about being in the bath. Theres a cute story for u :D

I think having animals with children is brilliant they learn to respect animals and not to be afraid. I think i said before as long as u start changing things slowly like boundaries and where theyre left and postion things they will be fine :D

My sister in law has put away shed loads of stuff for me so i must collect them today,so thats handy. I was looking up ideas on nursery decoration last night im leaning towards putting a small murial on the wall.

Hows everyone feeling?

sunshiner wrote: »
    My parents got a kitten when i was born,the cat used to sleep under my cot, and follow me around,in every baby picture its me and the cat sammy. Hehe the cat used to even howl and meow when i used to cry about being in the bath. Theres a cute story for u :D

I think having animals with children is brilliant they learn to respect animals and not to be afraid. I think i said before as long as u start changing things slowly like boundaries and where theyre left and postion things they will be fine :D

My sister in law has put away shed loads of stuff for me so i must collect them today,so thats handy. I was looking up ideas on nursery decoration last night im leaning towards putting a small murial on the wall.

Hows everyone feeling?

That's what I think our cat will be like - him and the baby will be best buds! He already follows me around the house so I'd love if he was like you and Sammy were :)

That's great you're getting stuff from your sister-in-law, lucky you! Would you think about getting wall stickers instead of a mural (in my head a mural is painted on or were you thinking of stickers)? They have them in mothercare and loads of other places. I'm planning on doing an animal theme on one wall to make the room look more nursery like. Are you in Dublin? Someone at work recommended this place in Stillorgan that you can order the stickers in and the're meant to be great. I can get the name of it.

I hate being a moan but I feel like crap today, was a bit pukey this morning and I'm so exhausted I could curl up in a ball under my desk and go asleep. Only another week and a half and I'm finished work anyway so I shouldn't complain too much.

How's everyone else?

murdy my friend is an artist and offered to do a murial for me,which was nice. I did look up some sticker sites,there are some lovely ones. Nope im in co.cork but id consider ordering online if he cant do it. I was totally gona go with animals too :D elephants,owls and koalas

Nursery sounds great sunshiner! Sorry unwell murdy! I got a jacket for spring in top shop maternity and reduced to 30! Will get good wear I say! Also got dress for wedding next week in a lovely shop on Clarendon street wit everything reduced and real good quality if had an occasion! Hard look well and spend little! Bump is totally hardening now its crazy! No movements today though ;(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭aknitter

Thats crazy - our cat was a spoiled 9 year old when our son was born and she pretty much ignored him and now she is great - mostly stays out of his way and to be fair she doesn't scratch the eyes out of him when he tries to catch her tail or do "This little piggy" to her toes! :D

Congrats on the boy they are an experience!!!

Scan today went well - don't know what we are having and don't care we have one of each already so this one is for the balance of hormones in the house!!;) We can start thinking on a name now - let the fights begin. Does anyone have any idea what they are going for?

• Advertisement

aknitter wrote: »
    Thats crazy - our cat was a spoiled 9 year old when our son was born and she pretty much ignored him and now she is great - mostly stays out of his way and to be fair she doesn't scratch the eyes out of him when he tries to catch her tail or do "This little piggy" to her toes! :D

Congrats on the boy they are an experience!!!

Scan today went well - don't know what we are having and don't care we have one of each already so this one is for the balance of hormones in the house!!;) We can start thinking on a name now - let the fights begin. Does anyone have any idea what they are going for?

That's nice your cat is well behaved and great news on the scan! Will be a nice surprise for you as well as you have one of each already. We do have a name picked out with one or two back-up options. We were more certain on a girls name so we're giving ourselves plenty of time to change our mind on the boys one!

Just ordered my reusable nappies from Baba and Boo. Oh the excitement! Found a random promo code online too so got 10% off. I sent an email to them because I had a problem with my paypal and needed info from them and they emailed back 2 minutes later, at 8.30 on a Tuesday evening. Got it sorted and they're being shipped tomorrow. Very impressed :)

Advertisement