Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due June 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Blueskye

MurdyWurdy wrote: »

That's nice your cat is well behaved and great news on the scan! Will be a nice surprise for you as well as you have one of each already. We do have a name picked out with one or two back-up options. We were more certain on a girls name so we're giving ourselves plenty of time to change our mind on the boys one!

Just ordered my reusable nappies from Baba and Boo. Oh the excitement! Found a random promo code online too so got 10% off. I sent an email to them because I had a problem with my paypal and needed info from them and they emailed back 2 minutes later, at 8.30 on a Tuesday evening. Got it sorted and they're being shipped tomorrow. Very impressed :)

Ooh exciting. I ordered our cot today. Delighted with myself :) it's a co sleeper so I can get to babies easily in the night.

OH and I are picking a name each. He has his picked for ages. I have a name too but not 100% sure on it yet. Keep trying out other names to be sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

I wish we were having twins so could pick a name each, would make life so much easier - such a good idea! :) My parents had an agreement that my mum could name the girls and my dad could name the boys, I would not trust my husband with that!

Great that the cot is ordered, I love the co-sleepers. The cat would think it was a little bed his parents bought just for him. I'd be like a jailer trying to keep him out of our room.

Had to drag myself to work this morning. Tired and pukey again :( Only thing that got me in was knowing I've only another week and a half to go.

How's everyone else this morning?

I just remembered the nightmare that had me awake for so long last night and why I'm so tired today! I dreamt our little boy turned out to be just like my father-in-law. Oh god, I'm terrified now, imagining a mini version of my father-in-law and the mental things that would go on! :D

Just told my husband and got a quick shocked email back. Think I've scared him too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Blueskye

It's a tough job picking the right name...Ye have plenty of time to decide yet. Although we're picking a name each, there's plenty he chose that I hated so they went out the window and there's a few I like which he hates so its a process of elimination too. What a responsibility :)

Tired today oh so tired...trying to meet manager to discuss reduced hours or working from home some days but meeting being pushed to next week. Frustrating. Could literally close my eyes and sleep at desk.

Blueskye wrote: »
    It's a tough job picking the right name...Ye have plenty of time to decide yet. Although we're picking a name each, there's plenty he chose that I hated so they went out the window and there's a few I like which he hates so its a process of elimination too. What a responsibility :)

Tired today oh so tired...trying to meet manager to discuss reduced hours or working from home some days but meeting being pushed to next week. Frustrating. Could literally close my eyes and sleep at desk.

Oh no - how annoying the meeting has been pushed back when you just want to get it sorted. I feel like that today too, could easily go asleep on the floor. I know there is an end in sight though! I wish I could have just moved to part-time hours or something but it just wasn't possible with this job :(

I really hope you get something sorted, it's horrible feeling like a zombie all the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭lynda18

Hi all how is everyone keeping! I had work in country today. Had alot of travel around Ireland before Christmas and no reminded today how much commute takes out of me. Hoping This is end of it now until end maternity. Been so busy lately doing up house and applying promotions I not been getting my walking done and feeling face bloating up so going try back out tonight . Is everyone well? I'm starting feel uncomfortable getting into bed but then once get over it I'm sleeping very heavy. Where u all breach on scan? Hospital mentioned it other day but presume its ok this early ?

Yep, I was breech but I only know that because it's written on the scan picture. They didn't say it to me so I presume it's normal.

Commuting is so tiring, isn't it? Hopefully you won't have to do any more of it. Traffic is bad this week so seriously counting down the days until I finish. I have to go out after work this evening so had a sleep in the car at lunch time. I felt so ridiculous to still be doing that but it was necessary!

Good that you're sleeping well when you get comfortable. I'm sleeping badly, lots of waking up for ages and nightmares. It won't matter when I'm at home all day but it's making life difficult at the moment! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Couchkitten

Hi all,

Glad to hear everyone is doing well. My big scan is next week and i'm just counting down the days. I am thinking of buying the ICandy Cherry but i'm too afraid to put a deposit on anything until after the scan. I will be shopping in earnest next week if all is well.

Can't believe your getting comments on the cats! People are unbelievable. I actually know somebody who killed their cat when they heard they were pregnant. Their husband shot it - I was so horrified when they told me, it was just such an over the top reaction.

I've a feeling I'm breech, I'm getting lots of kicks low down. I love feeling the movment, although it's so frequent and constant that I'm getting worried that I'm getting one of those babies that never sleep ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭DoubleB

Hi Everyone,

I just spent a little while catching up on all your posts there. Glad to hear all is well. Congrats Murdy on a beautiful boy. How exciting!!! So whats everyones due date then? I'm 13th of June. whahuuuu. Gosh time is going to fly until then, hopefully!! I ordered the Uppababy Vista in cream. Its gorgeous!!!! Can't wait to get it. baby can sleep in it all day if I want which is very handy. Going to use it for downstairs sleeps to save me lugging moses basket up n down the stairs!! I've decided I', going to let babs sleep in moses basket in our room for around 10 weeks and then try move him/ her to cot in nursery. Probably way too idealistic but sure we will see!
    The chats yee wer having about animals is very interesing. I've two spoilled dogs too. So many nosey parkers have been dishing out advice about how theyll have to be outside more and never near the baby. Eh feck off and mind your own business purrrlease!!! He he.

Oh and yes my lil babs is lying breech at the minute too!

• Advertisement

Interesting that everyone is getting the pet talk from nosey parkers! They changed my due date to 24th June but hoping I'll go earlier than that. It was the 17th June and I don't think my dates are a whole week out.

Still sleeping so badly, awful vivid nightmares and waking up a lot. I'm not sure how I'm going to get through today, I'm exhausted. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭sunshiner

Hey double b glad ur keeping well. Awh murdy you poor thing, i guess take it hour by hour, a bit like labour, dont overthink just go with it (yoga teachers advice) I think the uncomfortable nights are our bodies way of trying to ease us into the idea of future sleepless nights. Though its my partner keeping me awake the last couple of days :(

My due date was moved forward again to the 17th june. Speaking of animals my two doggies are being very protective and cuddly lately. Its supercute. My nephew was over 2 weeks ago he was 6 weeks and the dogs were so gentle with him. they gave him a sniff a lick and then just stared at him when he was feed and then just watched mainly and slept. So i am kind of relieved. Theyre 2 collie crosses by the way so medium sized dogs.

sunshiner wrote: »
    Hey double b glad ur keeping well. Awh murdy you poor thing, i guess take it hour by hour, a bit like labour, dont overthink just go with it (yoga teachers advice) I think the uncomfortable nights are our bodies way of trying to ease us into the idea of future sleepless nights. Though its my partner keeping me awake the last couple of days :(

My due date was moved forward again to the 17th june. Speaking of animals my two doggies are being very protective and cuddly lately. Its supercute. My nephew was over 2 weeks ago he was 6 weeks and the dogs were so gentle with him. they gave him a sniff a lick and then just stared at him when he was feed and then just watched mainly and slept. So i am kind of relieved. Theyre 2 collie crosses by the way so medium sized dogs.

That's lovely! Our cat sleeps on our bed and if he gets cold or lonely during the night he comes up between us for cuddles. Lately he's started getting under the covers and wrapping himself around my bump (prob because it's warm!). It's so cute. We're hoping the baby will recognise the sound of purring when he's born because of it. Your dogs sound like they will be great with a baby, I bet they'll all be best friends :)

I'm not uncomfortable at night so not sure why I'm not sleeping or having such a lot of vivid dreams, I just keep waking up. It must be hormones or something. I'll be at home soon enough and able to sleep during the day anyway so I shouldn't complain really!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭aknitter

To all those on a commute - good news the secondary schools are on midterm next week - not sure about the primary I think they usually have a day or two off so that should ease the burden on ye.

Breech is grand at the minute Baba is swimming away and getting up to all sorts so let them have some fun!! :) It will a tight squeeze for them soon enough! We'll be wishing for a different position for them soon enough when our ribs feel like they've been tenderised!

Murdy - I've been getting vivid dreams aswell must be the hormones though I don't have nightmares.
    I had physio yesterday and I have both a bump support (my stomach muscles are shot from last time so another back labour for me I think) and a support belt for pelvic girdle pain. She tried to realign/reset the muscles in my back/butt and legs and its a wonder I'm not black and blue. But I do feel better no more pain or limping when I walk - its now just uncomfortable!! Hope everyone else is feeling ok

oh dear aknitter you poor thing, lots of hot water bottles for the pain or hot bath if u can.Hope you feel better soon. I think i might get a bump support too, my stomach muscles are fairly bad too,physio wants to do pilates after childbirth to sort them out.

Good morning!
    Murdy I'm sorry to hear you are a fellow nightmare sufferer! I woke up crying and shouting a few times last night. This is a regular occurence for the past few weeks.
    Yes my school is off Thurs and Fri next week (yippy, really need a break, finding it very tough lately especially with all the bugs, colds and rashes in the class) so hopefully the traffic will be better for yee.
    You poor things suffering with back/pelvic/hip pain. Its really not nice. I was much worse the last month for some strange reason. I've been doing nothing different so I can't understand it. Just doing 20 squats a day and a few pelvic tilts every day. The odd day I do a back stretch that I learned on you tube. Think its called a roll down?!
    Good news for me today is my hubby and I are going to spend the afternoon painting the nursery and planning what we need etc... can't wait.
    Is anybody else gettinng a fright sometimes when lil babs kicks? I let a scream last night it was so strong. In no way is it sore but just startling!!!! Hubby has felt lots of movement and a strong kick everyday now for the past week. Its amazing!!!!

Double b thats great about painting the room,its funny what gets us all excited and content. I cant get mr sunshiner out of the room as his new man cave isnt ready. I ordered a bump support there were so many i didnt know what to pick ,it more for the ligament pain, its suppose to help,i feel like ive lots of stitches under the bump which is huge!:eek:
    I am the same when i get a big kick i get a fright and gasp.

I get a fright when I get a kick out of nowhere too!

Sorry to hear about the pain ladies, that's one thing I've been spared so far. Have no back ache or pelvic pain and hearing your stories makes me thankful for that!

Exciting about the nursery, I just love looking at baby things and planning. We're going out to cinema later in Dundrum (I'm quite excited about it, we haven't gone many places int he last few months, isn't that sad?) so I'm going to pop into the shops and pick up a few boy outfits - just because I can now :D

Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend xxx

Hope all had a nice weekend. We are looking into buying car seats did you all buy isofix bars base? Or u just putting seat into isofix car fittings? The bases appear to be 160 which is expensive! I was going get maxi cosi car seat but might go get more advice! It's the one thing i want most proper for safety! Feeling extra weight tire me out already and long way to go

Hi Gang! Hows everyone this eve? We have made some progress on the nursery. It's looking lovely already. Amazing what a coat of paint on the walls can do and a lick of paint on furniture.

Lynda18, after a lot of research we decided to go with a BeSafe car seat which also fits into our uppababy vista pram. They have very high safety standards according to the lady in the shop and I looked up reviews also. We thought our car has isofix but it doesnt so we didn't get the isofix base. We will have to just use the seat belt method which is more awkward althou we are thinking of changing our car in September so will invest in a base then.

I bought the cutest baby clothes in Tesco yesterday. My local Tesco has a fab range of baby items. I just ran in for something for a party I was goin to and ended up picking up a few bits. Somewhere I never thought of.

My next purchase is going to be a steriliser. I'm leaning towards a microwave one as I thought it would be handy but maybe not? Any ideas? I'd like one that fits different brands of bottles as I've bought a few advent bottles but would like to mainly use Dr. Brownes. Any suggestions? Has anyone researched or purchased?

• Advertisement

All the girls in work swear by microwave steaming sterilisers said they much handier and great. They are cheap aswel so going get that. I'm asking everyone advice ;)
    Brilliant u getting far wit nursery ! Makes it all more real and exciting. We getting walls installated and plastered for it at moment so nice and warm for it. All the jobs and preparing for baby is making time go quick .
    Hope everyone is well. I'm finding big increase in aperitite. Nervous of going too big though too.

You're all so organised!! I feel a bit slack now :)

We haven't even looked at travel systems yet. Mammy and Daddy MurdyWurdy are getting one for us as a baby present so we'll go shopping with them in March to pick one out and do all the test driving etc. My Dad is ridiculously excited about it :) I was thinking of a microwave steriliser too but I think another family member wanted to get us one as a pressie so may need to look into that and discuss with her. I'm a bit confused as to how the steriliser works if you're pumping as well, do all bottles fit in both steriliser and pump? I need to look into it.

I bought some more baby clothes on Saturday and it was so much fun. I just need to get a few more plain sleepsuits and we're all set for clothes for the first month or so. I've started buying wipes and things like that when they're on special too. DoubleB - I was looking in Tesco over the weekend too and they've great stuff. Lots of really good value packs of sleepsuits and vests. I'm told that's all you need at the beginning so I may have a look there to get the last few bits and pieces.

Last week of work ladies and thank god - been puking all morning so far and had another terrible night's sleep. Hope everyone else is feeling well today, it's a bit miserable out there!

Sunshiner - I did Pilates after I finished breast feeding last time and it works but its tough - I get bored easily so I went to circuits instead - 2 mins cardio, 2 mins strength and 1 minute abs for 30 mins 3 times a week and was just going up to a tougher level when I got pregnant again!! :)

As for bottles I used Avent with the breast pump and they were grand after a while though the measurements at the side became light and eventually they wore off altogether. But the Tommee Tipee ones were far worse the measures wore off in a month or so which made life difficult cause it was the only bottle he'd take for a while!! Not sure what to go for this time around. I have always used a cold water sterilizer and will use the same again - I know its old fashioned but its what I trust. We also have the travel system as well - silver cross if any one is interested the baby can sleep in it downstairs and then we have the swinging cot for upstairs (it can be locked to not swing) its bigger than a Moses basket so the baby is bigger before they head to the cot - about 6 months or as soon as they start trying to sit up!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭elly123

DoubleB wrote: »

Lynda18, after a lot of research we decided to go with a BeSafe car seat which also fits into our uppababy vista pram. They have very high safety standards according to the lady in the shop and I looked up reviews also. We thought our car has isofix but it doesnt so we didn't get the isofix base. We will have to just use the seat belt method which is more awkward althou we are thinking of changing our car in September so will invest in a base then.

Hi DoubleB, we have same issue my car doesn't have isofix and we taught about upgrading by a year to avail of the isofix, we went to Ford garage where a guy my partner knows works to see what price we be looking at to go up a year and he said they can install the isofix bars in my car it costs roughly €80 so we're thinking of getting that done (providing they can assure us or prove to us that it is of high standard and passes all safety regulations) rather then spending 2k on upgrading by a year as im hoping to get another 2yrs from my car. Its mad how some cars have it and some don't, my OH's car is a year older than mine and his car has it. But just said i'd mention it as i never heard of it before and can defo save the hassle of car shopping :)

I think the baby has turned - kicks are now at the top of my bump instead of the bottom. I'm presuming he'll turn again a few times before he settles? I've just realised I have no idea when babies turn or when you need to be concerned about them being breech.

I think the baby has turned - kicks are now at the top of my bump instead of the bottom. I'm presuming he'll turn again a few times before he settles? I've just realised I have no idea when babies turn or when you need to be concerned about them being breech.

MW i don't think they worry about baby's position until about 36 weeks i could be wrong but im sure i read that somewhere.

elly123 wrote: »
    MW i don't think they worry about baby's position until about 36 weeks i could be wrong but im sure i read that somewhere.

Yeah, I was just wondering if he was likely to turn again a few times! Got used to the kicks being in one spot and now its moved!

I've just been reading up on it (anything to avoid work) and apparently 25% of babies are still breech at 32 weeks but only 3% at term so I guess we have a while before we have to worry about it :)

Yeah, I was just wondering if he was likely to turn again a few times! Got used to the kicks being in one spot and now its moved!

I've just been reading up on it (anything to avoid work) and apparently 25% of babies are still breech at 32 weeks but only 3% at term so I guess we have a while before we have to worry about it :)

Im 34 weeks today and at my last consultant appt baby was head down and he was like that for 2 weeks as movements were all in the same area but im sure he has turned over the weekend as im feeling movement all over. I'll be nearly 37 weeks at my nxt hosp appt so hope he's head down then, but we have decided if he has turned we wont attempt to turn him as even when they are turned they can turn again. I am not worrying about it as long as he gets here safe and sound i don't mind which way he arrives, preferably i want a vaginal delivery but i think the baby will be the one to decide which way he wants to enter the world just like he will be ruling the roost when he does arrive :)

Im 34 weeks today and at my last consultant appt baby was head down and he was like that for 2 weeks as movements were all in the same area but im sure he has turned over the weekend as im feeling movement all over. I'll be nearly 37 weeks at my nxt hosp appt so hope he's head down then, but we have decided if he has turned we wont attempt to turn him as even when they are turned they can turn again. I am not worrying about it as long as he gets here safe and sound i don't mind which way he arrives, preferably i want a vaginal delivery but i think the baby will be the one to decide which way he wants to enter the world just like he will be ruling the roost when he does arrive :)

Lol - best of luck! :)

One thing I've learned about pregnancy is baby is firmly in charge from the beginning!

• Advertisement

it could be that you are being punched as well as kicked!!:)

Advertisement