Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due June 2013

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Blueskye wrote: »
    It's really cheap, you get it in the chemist, big white tub. Great stuff. Just takes a few mins to soak in so you do look like a ghost until then.

Wow 1 day left. Must have been strange. Still, a new chapter for you :)

Yep, I am housewife MurdyWurdy now. No idea when I'll have a job again. It's the weirdest feeling, but great at the same time!

Might pop to chemist tomorrow then and give it a try, anything to delizard myself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭DoubleB

Hi Everyone,

I second the use of silcocks base. Its an excellent moisturiser and sooooo cheap. My baby has turned completely today. I've always felt the kicks very low down. All evening I've been feeling them around my belly button area. Hope thats normal and babs isn't getting ready to appear yet!!!!

DoubleB wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,

I second the use of silcocks base. Its an excellent moisturiser and sooooo cheap. My baby has turned completely today. I've always felt the kicks very low down. All evening I've been feeling them around my belly button area. Hope thats normal and babs isn't getting ready to appear yet!!!!

Thanks for seconding it - will definitely try it.

The baby might turn again. On my scan on Tuesday we could see the baby turning and the doc said they're active at this stage because they have the room to move. Sounds like you have a little rugby player in there! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Blueskye

Ya they're moving all around at the moment. It's a good sign :-)

Thanks girls! Very strong kicks this evening. My dog had her head asleep on my tummy and the baby kicked so hard that she woke!! Its unbelievable how strong the kicks are now. I'm 23 weeks exactly now. I'm starting to panick about how much I have to do. Are yee like that?
    I'm only starting to relax a bit now. I lost my first baby at 24 weeks due to something called non immune hydrops. I didnt tell yee because I didn't want any of yee to be woried about it happening to you. We were told 7 weeks before I gave birth to my baby that she wouldn't make it. If I had have been scanned earlier I would have known earlier but still would have been nothing they could do. She was never going to live outside the womb. I feel I can tell yee now because we are all over the point where I found out and have had scans. I didn't want to keep avoiding the fact that this isn't my first baby. Anyway, thank God we are all here and most of us are at the stage where baby is viable if born. How amazing is that?

• Advertisement

Oh DoubleB that's really sad, and you are so thoughtful to say nothing to us all. It must have been so hard for you both at the time and coming up to the same time on this pregnancy. I'm so glad that you're doing well and baby looks healthy :)

Thanks Murdy. Its been very tough getting to this point. We have been told at our scan that what hapened to our daughter would have been picked up by now if it was going to happen again. There was absolutely no sign of any hydrops, so I'm happy in the knowledge of that. The second my first baby was scanned the nurse knew straight away she wasnt going to make it. It was hell on earth. I'm dreading going back to the same labour ward etc but at least it will be for a much happier occassion. Roll on June!!

Definitely - bring on June, not long to go now! You must have been so nervous at the scan but I'm so glad to hear that everything appears fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭lainycool

DoubleB wrote: »
    Thanks Murdy. Its been very tough getting to this point. We have been told at our scan that what hapened to our daughter would have been picked up by now if it was going to happen again. There was absolutely no sign of any hydrops, so I'm happy in the knowledge of that. The second my first baby was scanned the nurse knew straight away she wasnt going to make it. It was hell on earth. I'm dreading going back to the same labour ward etc but at least it will be for a much happier occassion. Roll on June!!

DoubleB I had tears in my eyes reading that, I can only imagine how you have felt the last few months, I've been worried about every single twinge I get!
    As you say though It's brilliant that we are at this stage, I had said to myself that I will feel much better when I hit 24 weeks!
    My baby only seems to move in the evening time and most days I worry about that! Then when I get home in the evening it doesn't stop and that really puts my mind at ease :)

Its been very tough but I'm so much happier and relaxed now to be at this point. Every doctor has told me to get to 20 weeks and be healthy is very promising and no reason why anything should change now. At this stage when i was pregnant with my daughter I was much much bigger and had fluid everywhere including my face and I just felt so unhealthy.

lainycool I wouldnt worry about that. I have read that baby is soothed by our movements and enjoys the motion of us moving and thats when they do most of their sleeping so makes sense they are more lively in the evening. My babs is deffo more active at night and especially after my evening meal. Most days I don't feel movement until I'm home from work.

It is such a weight off my mind to have said to you all about my first baby. She is a huge part of our lives and we talk about her all the time so it felt unnatural not mentioning her here.

• Advertisement

Wow DoubleB, what an awful thing to have to go through, your poor little girl. And for you and your partner. This pregnancy must have been such a worry for you. But well done you getting to this point :) I definitely felt relieved after our 24 week scan the other day, just knowing the babies were likely to do ok if all is looking well now. It's really hard not to worry about so many things.

That's lovely that you talk about her all the time. I saw an episode of one born every minute where a couple had lost a baby at about 24 weeks as well, when their baby was born they got him a little t-shirt that said "I'm a little brother". I thought that was so nice. I'm really glad you were able to share with us.

Also, I'm jealous you're all ahead of me! With my due date changing I'm only 21+3. I'll probably be last to go! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭sunshiner

Double b you poor thing,that sounds awful,i can only imagine what you have been through. Its good you can talk about her,my cousin had a similar thing happen to her and she talks about her baby i think it helps her loads.
    I think your very brave and i think this baby will bring you great joy :D Lots of hugs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

Double B I'm so sorry to hear what happened to your little girl, that must have been so awful for you. You were so thoughtful and kind to try not to worry us, but I'm just sorry we couldn't be there for you if you needed to talk about her, or about what must have been such a worrying time for you with this baby over the past few months. I'm glad you can talk about her here now if you wish. What is her name? (If that's not too personal to say).

So glad everything going well for you this pregnancy :)

Thank you all so much for your kind words. My little girl is a beautiful angel and this little baby will always hear about her and know she is part of our family. I haven't been saying her name as I have been saying quite personal & embarrassing things on here and it would confirm my identity for a few nosey parkers who might be spying!! Does that make sense?
    Just on a different note... We went private with our first daughter and with this baby we are going public. Although couldn't have been without my own room and my consultant was so wonderful with my first pregnancy, I cannot fault the public system this time. The level of humanity and genuine care I have received has been excellent. I've been told if I'm ever worked just 'pop' in for a scan. For any of my scans (I've had 4) the person scanning me was fully aware of our situation and never left us waiting more than 15 minutes. I've seen a consultant twice and will see him again in 2 weeks. They've been wonderful so far. My 20 wk scan was unbelievably detailed. My husband and I asked a million questions and they were all answered honestly and with great patients and kindness. It's things like this that has helped me so far. A lot of my friends and some family just don't understand and think 'is she not just happy to be pregnant' I know that! Even though I had told them all that the hardest thing for me would be getting through another pregnancy without losing my mind!

Wow what an essay- sorry all!!!! Hope everyone woke up feeling good today.

Understand totally, it's a balance retaining a bit of privacy online isn't it. That's great to hear that you are getting such good care this time and that you know you can pop in if you have any concerns. I think sometimes people just don't think before they speak when it comes to the comments, maybe that harks back to a time when people just didn't talk about or acknowledge a loss of a baby. Of course you're going to find pregnancy stressful and worrying this time - it's anxiety ridden enough for the first timers so I can only imagine how you've felt the last few months. It must be frustrating to feel that some friends/family don't understand that aspect of it.

Glad you're feeling good today, hope everyone is doing well!

I'm so glad the hospital are being so good and that you've had reassurance every step of the way. I've really found that the people who work in maternity care, on the whole are really understanding and I've been impressed by the care I've received when I was really unwell.

Ladies - today is my last day of work. YaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaY!!!!!!!!!!!!

(there are not enough exclamation marks, I'm very excited :)) I got some lovely flowers from my colleagues so now I feel a bit sad too. They're a nice bunch and some of them have been really good to me during all the puking etc.

Wooo enjoy your last day Murdy! I've had lots of times when I've wished I could go on maternity leave that day. You're living the dream :)

Wooo enjoy your last day Murdy! I've had lots of times when I've wished I could go on maternity leave that day. You're living the dream :)

Thanks :) I feel very lucky. Just had cake with my colleagues and they were all saying how jealous they were, made me realise that I have been very fortunate that we are in a position for me to finish early in order to look after myself properly.

We'll see what I say in a month or two when I'm feeling poor though! :D

Think of all the money you'll save not having to commute and get lunches and the like. It will all work out and it's the best thing for you so enjoy every minute.

• Advertisement

You wont know yourself murdy, think of the lie ins :D

I hope everyone is feeling ok today, the sun is shinning here in cork. Hope everyone has a nice weekend.

I was looking on Next site at the baby stuff. There's the most adorable "pram suit" that I'd love to get, but I just don't know if it would be used in the summer months? Do you need to put them in this sort of thing going out for walks etc in the summer? I was thinking I might get a bigger size for winter time, but then it mightn't be thick enough? What do you all think. I haven't a clue!

Next Sheep Pram Suit

Also love this, though not sure the size.

Tutu

omg the pram suit is dotie, id probably get the 6-9 for the winter and you never know how quickly they grow :D

Silly question alert, I guess they wear their usual outfit under that?

yeah a babygrow im guessing

I had my eye on that pram suit too! Actually, I kind of wanted one in my size for myself :o

I discounted it because I thought it would be too warm in the summer but maybe not, if it was a chilly day?

It out of stock :( I was thinking that too, there could be cold days or even if you were going somewhere in the evening it could be chilly. It's so cute, I love the suits that make them look like a baby animal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭aknitter

Kranykitty - that sounds so rough but I know where you are coming from there are times when I feel so useless but you have to rest, I learned the hard way that pushing through it does not work out. Also you won't get any thanks for it. But then there are times when you have no choice - do you have other children? I was given a belly support (like tubular bandage, and told to buy some spanx) and a support belt which is great, its helped alot. And she has told me to stop limping and walk normally or I'll be on crutches by the end - its a conscious effort to walk properly at times!
    Town was ok, but I find it hard to lift one leg so I couldn't try on any jeans or trousers - what I was after in the first place so I have an order in with Asos (they have free shipping at the minute and free returns aswell). I also need longer length clothes to hid the belt. I was in a bit of pain after and truth is I may have to leave off going in in the future. But upside I got more yarn to finish a bag I am knitting and I got to have whopper in Burger King (I've been dying for one for a while!).

Sunshiner congrats on the driving test!! Well done. I am using either baby oil, bio oil or Lush do a lovely solid body moistureizer called "King of Skin" - honestly its whatever is closest to hand in the shower. I third the silcoxs base, I use it on my son who has eczema you can also melt it into the bath (be careful its slippery) or use it instead of soap. I too am lizard like at the moment - I had the 'glow' last time but its skipped by me now!

Double B thats so sad, I can only imagine what that must be like. Some people just don't understand the worry you must be going through. But at 24 weeks a big breath of relief can be taken.

Murdy - congrats on being off work - a relief. Its the company I miss most but soon enough you'll be so busy you won't see the days passing.

Has anyone been getting strange cravings - ok I know a whopper or a Galaxy ice cream cone or a breast in a bun from Hillbillies is not really strange but the urge and the want to suddenly stuff my face is so strong at times and it doesn't matter what it is! :)

You're right, the rest and avoiding too much activity is the only thing that does work. I think I'm fairly lucky as I have a good few days that I feel fairly mobile, but it's the nights that are the killer. And it's hard on the days you feel more mobile not to be tempted to go running amok! I am lucky in that I don't have another child to mind, I dont know you do it at all. What's the story with the Spanx, just normal ones or are there specific maternity type ones?
    That's mad too what she said about the limping, I sort of have a waddle since this came on even though I hadn't a bump at all!

Hope the stuff from Asos works out. I tried on some jeans/trousers in New Look a few weeks ago and I thought they were good, and you can buy them online. The sizes were accurate to what I would normally be.

What's the bag like that you're knitting? I'm plugging away at my blanket at the moment..

Not really getting any cravings at all throughout the whole thing, but I do enjoy a few boiled sweets like clove rock, and I'd a bag of fudge the other day too. Haven't gone mad at all for chocolate, in fact I'd say I eat less of it now. i do enjoy a take away though!

• Advertisement

I saw someone eating a 99 ice cream yesterday and HAD to have one! I never eat ice cream, not my thing at all. I couldnt finish it but it was yummy :)

Advertisement