Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due June 2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭lynda18

Glad all was ok kitty it's very worrying when don't think feel enough some days. I am so exhausted this week. Was fine last while but this week it's horrible tired. Hav start cutting down more and resting more. Also find weight gain is making me out breath aswel. Is anyone else starting feel really big now? I'm trying be even extra healthy. Have my 24 week appointment on Friday. Hope everyone well and kitty enjoy the rest

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Popz

Yes Lynda18, Im starting to feel the breathlessness aswell - have been swimming and finding I cant hold my breath like I used to.

But at work I have a flight of staircase to get to office, I used to fly up it, but now Im having to catch my breath at the top... :(

Feeling the weight as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Glad you got some time off KK - I'm sure it's not ideal but best to look after yourself!

I still weigh a good few pounds less than I did before I got pregnant and my diet is not the best so I won't post it up! After being so ill for so long eating meals/food at all is a bonus for me :) In saying that I've been really ill last night and this morning - not sure where it all came from. Even though I still get sick occasionally Ï thought the ms was gone - it appears now :( Still, at least I'm at home and don't have to worry about being off sick etc

I'm trying to eat better now I'm at home and I do take a pregnancy vitamin and iron (galfer) because my iron stores are very low from not eating much for a while. Baby seems fine anyway - he's kicking away and doing somersaults!

Hope everyone is well and the heartburn etc is ok. I think I have been spared that so far but it's hard to tell as I've been pukey/nauseous - maybe it's related! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭sunshiner

Hey krankykitty you poor thing what a worry im glad is all ok now :D

Lynda18 i can totally understand im very breathless its unreal, i think my body is defo feeling the strain. damn stretchmarks are getting worse on my bump, i think because im so fair theyre more noticeable.

No real news to report here just waiting for my next appointment with the consultant that should be interesting. Babies kicks are getting so stong mr sunshiner felt his first proper one the other night he was delighted. the baby seems to get more attactive when it hears his voice so i reckon it will be a daddys baby lol .

Hows everyone feeling?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

Thanks everyone..

Haven't been breathless yet but having said that I'm doing little or no proper exercise or walking so it's hard to tell.

I think I have a daddy's baby as well as she often gives him a good kicking when he talks to her. She was going nuts a while ago and I've never been so happy to feel it. I think the stress of being tired and in pain was really getting to me and adding to the anxiety as well. I did a good bit of work (in bed!) this morning and had a good rest, though I feel a bit awful in general.

Murdy, sorry to hear your sickness came back, hope it clears up soon..

TMI alert, does anyone else have blood most times when they blow their nose? Mine is like Jack the Ripper is working up there.

• Advertisement

Thanks everyone..

Haven't been breathless yet but having said that I'm doing little or no proper exercise or walking so it's hard to tell.

I think I have a daddy's baby as well as she often gives him a good kicking when he talks to her. She was going nuts a while ago and I've never been so happy to feel it. I think the stress of being tired and in pain was really getting to me and adding to the anxiety as well. I did a good bit of work (in bed!) this morning and had a good rest, though I feel a bit awful in general.

Murdy, sorry to hear your sickness came back, hope it clears up soon..

TMI alert, does anyone else have blood most times when they blow their nose? Mine is like Jack the Ripper is working up there.

Glad you're feeling better! Rest really does work wonders. I was supposed to go out for dinner tonight but I just cancelled, I wouldn't enjoy it at all knowing it might come back up :(

and yes, I am a snotmonster - have to blow my nose a lot more and there's often blood. I think one of my books said it's something to do with extra blood flow when pregnant.

So nice to hear all the daddy's getting a look in! My husband has full on chats with the baby and he kicks away like mad - he has also started singing father and son by Cat Stephens because one day it was playing on my itunes and the baby was really active - now he sings it to him to get a few kicks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭DoubleB

Thanks a mil couch kitten and everyone for the food related feedback! I generally eat fairly healthy but most days after work I’m just too tired to exercise. I do walk my dogs a few times a week thou. Also thanks for the heartburn tips.
    For back ache, I’ve been doing some light stretching a few nights a week. A ‘roll down’ and a few other pilates type ones which are suitable for pregnancy which I found on you tube.
    Krankykitty that must have been very worrying for you. You poor thing. I’m so glad all is well with babs and that they were nice to you and brought you in for reassurance. Great to know!!!
    I’m with ya on the stretch marks and the breathlessness. Brought my kids out for PE today and I’m normally involved in the lesson but I couldn’t even walk quickly without feel out of breath.
    When I had a cold a few weeks ago my nose bled every day for around a week! Its due to the increased blood volume I’ve heard too.
    Are yee able to work out if your kicks are arms or legs yet? I’ve been getting ounches and kics as I am feeling a good belt up near the belly button and then quite low I’ll feel a kick down near my pubic bone a second later! I’m loving it. My baby loves when I lie on my left side but gives out and kicks when I lie on my right hand side- little fecker!!!!

I'm not sure about the arms and legs thing, I'm guessing some are legs as they're a lot harder than others, but I could be wrong. I seem to get what I think are kicks down low and occasionally higher up near the belly button. It drives us mad trying to figure out where she is positioned! I have the anteriour placenta but I reckon it is off to the right side as most of the kicks are down low or to the left and don't feel much to the right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭aknitter

Kitty - hope you are feeling better and I'm sure the rest will do ye both a bit of good, I've had the same loads of kicks then not much for a while.
    I feel massive at the minute, the weigh is going on and weirdly I seem to always be hungry but even water is giving me indigestion!! I'm breathless but being an asthmatic I'm used to it (in the evening the supports have to come off) but upside my boobs are huge, nearly fell out of a top the other day!

Just wondering this is pregnancy no 3 for me do the rest of ye have other babas or is this the first?

this is baby number 1 for me.

the sleepless nights have started i just couldnt get comfy last night :(

• Advertisement

Thats rough, had a few of those myself. Maybe this is your bodies way of getting you used to whats to come?

i was thinking that :( im wrecked

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Popz

Baby NUmber one for me - my boobies were an ample D to start with so I feel like I have two HUGE knockers hanging from my chest :(

How is everyones gathering of baby stuff going? i ordered a lovely baby patchwork quilt handmade im waiting for it to be made. Does anyone ever use esty?they have the most adorable handmade stuff on there.

I haven't bought anything from it, but some of the stuff is really beautiful isn't it. I've just been picking up babygros here and there and a couple of outfits I couldn't resist. Am knitting a few hats too, and a blanket thingy, more just for something to do and to practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭DoubleB

I've bought tonnes of stuff!! Have my car seat, pram, cot, moses basket, cot matress all ordered and paid for. I'm leaving them in the shop until a lot closer to June. I've bought lots of vests, socks, bibs, hats, baby gros, some cot sheets, gro bags, two cute outfits, a teddy, bedding, curtains. 2 packs of nappies, wipes. Sophie the giraffe I've gone mad buying stuff!! Am currentlt on the look out for a nappy changing bag- thats my next venture! What have yee bought? Is it just me who has gone mad buying? I just couldn't afford it all to buy it together so decided to spread it out!

I wish I was that organised DoubleB, fair play to you! I will probably be running out the day I go on maternity leave to buy the stuff or something. I don't have much space at the moment at home so I'm dragging my heels a bit on buying too much stuff..

Oh on the gro bag thing, did you go for the 0-3 size? I think I heard someone mention getting the bigger one "as it would last them longer" but not sure if that's the done thing.

Yes kitty buy the bigger bags and you'll get loads of use out of it -also they are not suitable for the summer months and there is no way they will slip down into it.
    DoubleB - but loads more nappies in newborn and the next size up I have 5 double packs!!
    I have all the 'hardware' from the last 2 so I am buying the bits for the nappy bag and the hospital. I have a car seat blanket made (will post a photo later) and I am going to buy the yarn to so one for the buggy (it will be my own design so I am excited to get started:)!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Blueskye

I've bought a fair bit and have been given a good few things from friends and family so the 'nursery' is starting to look a little cluttered. Still have to order buggy though. Haggling with mothercare re price.

Bought a changing table, travelcot, cot, loads of nappies and wipes and babygros. Been given 2 swings and a sling. OH's mother has gone mad shopping (not complaining :)) and got lovely towels, snow suits and clothes for babies. And I spent the last few days washing clothes a friend gave me. Had to sort them into different sizes. Who knew babies needed so much :) well I guess with two...it's nice to be getting prepared.

Would love to knit some blankets. Might get some wool at weekend and look up a simple pattern.

have got a fair bit, moses basket,cotbed,mattress, travel system, have babygrows,dummies.newborn nappies,

need to get some bibs, and some bedding,monitors, changing bag, A mate is giving me loads of stuff tomorrow, so will see what they have.

just saw aldi have baby special on the 28th.

• Advertisement

I think I need to make a list of what we have to buy. And then see what the more experienced parents will tell me that I don't need. Maybe mother/mil will allow me to store the stuff up in their houses until nearer the time :)

Blueskye, there's loads of simple patterns for blankets out there. I hadn't knitted since school and found loads that would be do-able. Ravelry is good as you can search by difficulty level. I downloaded this ebook from another website with a couple of free beginner baby patterns: Beginner baby patterns

Hi ladies, just checking in. I've been a bit I'll and sleeping a lot over the last few days. Nice to have the time for it!

I have the baby clothes and cloth nappies bought but that's it. Still have lots to do! We have friends visiting in two weeks and after that the spare room is getting turned into a nursery. Have a day booked with parents to get the travel system too - my dad is all excited!

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend!

Hope you feel better and the sleep is helping.. It's great to have one less worry about getting to work, and can just concentrate on getting healthy again.

Feeling a bit down in the dumps and hormonal the last few days. I love being pregnant (the bits about the baby with the kicking and looking forward etc) but I am not enjoying the pain and feeling I can't or shouldn't do anything much active, to try and get back to some sort of normal pain wise. Far cry from the fantasy of enjoying my last months of so called freedom, running about the place going out for lunches, nights out and on trips away and stuff. And feel a bit isolated from people as well as normally the activities I'd plan would include walking or something that requires a bit of energy. Sorry for the moaning and I know I'm lucky to be expecting our lovely baby but just had a bit of a hard and emotional week. It's helped to type that out :)

Haven't even read anything not work related the last month or so as I can't concentrate, have to just stick with non-challenging TV and films! I'm watching that series "Girls" now. It's a bit like SATC but with younger less glittery women and probably a bit more honesty.

awh krankykitty maybe you should slow down and make time for yourself and you might feel better? nothing worse than feeling isolated i totally understand, i found talking with my other half and being positive or even just planning a weekend away cheered me up.You always have us to chat with dont forget :D

Murdy i hope your feeling better too,that sleep will do you a world of good.

Im finally starting to organise myself i was given a stroller,playmat,swing, toywalker, which was great. Does anyone know if i have a swing do i need a bouncer?ive no clue.

Ah thanks Sunshiner I love this thread :) Feel a bit better now went out for a yummy burrito with my hubby and watched the match.

Is a swing the yoke you hang out of the door frame? If so, I think a bouncer might also be handy as you can bring it from room to room and sit the baby into it when you're doing stuff. I always feel mild terror when I hear the horror stories that you "wont get a shower for months" but I've rationalised it that I can always put the baby in the bouncer seat thing while I'm in the bathroom if necessary.

kranky - I know exactly how you feel we are told its the be all and end all and all roses and disneylike but the truth for some is very different! Personally this pregnancy is tough and I am so terrified of getting post natal depression (both my mother and sister had it undiagnosed and its scary how it affected them). I've warned the GP, husband and the PHN about it and to keep an eye on me! But I'm delighted to have found this because even typing something out is very cathartic! So thanks everyone for that.
    I've been nesting a bit - tore out a wardrobe and have carpenters coming to put in a new wardrobe and spindles on the stairs (the 22month old went to climb the banisters on the landing so its a job that needs doing asap).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

sunshiner wrote: »
    i was thinking that :( im wrecked

nah sunshiner, don't worry about that - pregnancy tired is far far far worse than having a new born and being up a couple of times a night. trust me. I would rather have a newborn beside me rather than inside me any day!! Anyone who tells you that deserves a smack!! I was sick of people telling me that on my first pregnancy - it turned out to be the biggest fallacy ever!!

We just after been in mother care and my god so much to buy and don't no where all euros come from . Aldi hav tv baby monitor for 99 on. Thursday and its Motorola. We just priced some them and its really good deal so we going get it! Having a butlers coffee now to calm self down ;) hope all well

theres loads of baby stuff on adverts,lots either barely used and even new!
    aldi delas look good.

thanks highly1111 thats good to know :D

• Advertisement

We went and got the quinny mood travel system and it included besafe carseat and isofix. We just paid deposit and can keep paying off until we get it end may. So good. My friend gave me blankets and her activity mat and steriliser so starting feel all coming together and getting exciting. Hav some cramps today now and bit worrying hope passes if feel strange tomorrow ill get checked out. Hadn't slept past two nights was getting uncomfortable ! So hope nice sleep sorts me .

Advertisement