Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due June 2013

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

lynda18 wrote: »
    We went and got the quinny mood travel system and it included besafe carseat and isofix. We just paid deposit and can keep paying off until we get it end may. So good. My friend gave me blankets and her activity mat and steriliser so starting feel all coming together and getting exciting. Hav some cramps today now and bit worrying hope passes if feel strange tomorrow ill get checked out. Hadn't slept past two nights was getting uncomfortable ! So hope nice sleep sorts me .

Good on you for getting stuff sorted! Sorry to hear you're uncomfortable though. Not sleeping well makes everything harder. I had weird cramps yesterday but they went away. It's probably just ligaments stretching. Baby is growing a lot at this stage apparently.

I'm so impressed with all your organising! My parents are actually free next weekend so we're going to order our travel system then. I just want it done and dusted and ordered! We were out for lunch today and went for a walk in Herbert Park afterwards. My Dad and husband were funny looking at everyone's prams and taking notes :)

We also think we came to a conclusion on a name - we had one picked out and over the last while it's started to not feel right. We were discussing it again last night and decided that another one is number one on the list and we both feel so much better! We still have a shortlist of about 5. Does anyone else have an idea of names? We had a girls one picked out for definite but boys names are so much harder :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Blueskye

Girls names are definitely easier. Before we knew the sex, I kept coming up with girls names I loved...have found it harder to settle on two boys names. But I think we've decided, but we're saying nothing til their born, just want to be sure :)

It feels good to get organised doesn't it lynda? And it's great to be given stuff by friends/family. We've been really lucky that way. I'm just doing up my list to see what else I need. Get paid Thursday so going to try to see what else I can knock off the list.

I was apparently snoring like an elephant last night and kicking in my sleep. I've been snoring a lot since I got pregnant apparently. Really hoping it stops once I give birth. I kept waking with restless legs too so maybe that's why I was kicking. My poor OH is going to decamp to the spare room tonight to get some sleep.

I am feeling huge, my bump is absolutely massive. Only 26 weeks tomorrow but I'm going to have to get some bigger tops, although I'd really prefer not to, they are for such a short time. Feels like such a waste of money.

Hope everyone is doing ok xx

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭sunshiner

ill be 24 weeks tomorrow. I have names picked out for both sexes and i wont be changing my mind. Id love to know what im having, Ive been painting today, did a ceiling and 2 walls will tackle the rest tomorrow as im wrecked. Ive been trying to get a bit more active, i must say i do feel better from it.

how is everyone feeling?

I painted this weekend as well, the spare room. We have a friend coming to stay in a few weeks and I've wanted to do it for ages. Didn't think I'd be able but just took my time and got it done. Still have to do the skirting but that can wait. Didn't do the ceiling though...

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭lynda18

Hey I am alot better today and seemed sleep better last night! How is everyone else ? Another week of work! But going her
    This Thursday off! I'm trying walk every day and think it does help aswel.i am between 3 boy names and 2 girl names!hope everyone's well. Keep thinking of our travel system and pram!the more organised we get the more impatient for its arrival ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭aknitter

It seems as if the 2nd trimester is suiting us better than the first!! :)
    We have a list of names 4 for a girl and 5 for a boy but I know what I want to go with - will just wait until hubby catches up. We are letting our 14 year old pick the babys second name (she picked Andrew last time). We picked a name last time that was in the top 10, now every time we are out we hear our childs name being called - not making that mistake again (its awful in the Northside Cork accent!!:))

Yes the baby name is hard to pick alot of pressure! I am more confident about my boy names! Just got mirror for seeing baby in carseat when driving reduced to four euro mother care. Got wrap vests which meant be easier get on half price aswel and little mitts! Then of course I couldn't resist a lovely baby grow wit hat match. But mothercare are expensive for clothes! Going try not buy too much clothes! We going get paint for nursery later! My dad is painting and flooring it for us ! So exciting! How is everyone feeling! Nearly 25 weeks now! My god it's starting to fly ;) still get very anxious days but so exciting! Are u better now murdy?

Reminder aldi baby day tomorrow wit the blankets bottles and monitor etc

lynda18 wrote: »
    Yes the baby name is hard to pick alot of pressure! I am more confident about my boy names! Just got mirror for seeing baby in carseat when driving reduced to four euro mother care. Got wrap vests which meant be easier get on half price aswel and little mitts! Then of course I couldn't resist a lovely baby grow wit hat match. But mothercare are expensive for clothes! Going try not buy too much clothes! We going get paint for nursery later! My dad is painting and flooring it for us ! So exciting! How is everyone feeling! Nearly 25 weeks now! My god it's starting to fly ;) still get very anxious days but so exciting! Are u better now murdy?

I'm ok! Had a bad day yesterday but just stayed in bed all day - it was such a relief that when I do feel exhausted I can just stay in bed and sleep. I'm feeling a UTI coming on as well so I'm drinking water and cranberry juice like it's going out of fashion.

How is everyone else doing? I washed all the baby clothes the other day to get them ready - was so nice to see the little babygros everywhere drying. Made me smile :)

Ah no murdy hope fight it and don't need anti biotic. Are any U worrying bout kicks! Some days I feel I don't feel enough and panic.
    I didn't no what do wit clothes? U washing them all and blankets?? Do use special washing powder? Or is Persil or Ariel ok?

• Advertisement

feeling sorry for myself have a vomiting bug,cough and chest infection. Had to go to the doctor today so on antibiotics now :(

i washed baby clothes with non bio washing powder and no softer as they can be allergic.

I also washed the clothes in non-bio because apparently other kinds can irritate their skin and you're supposed to wash stuff before they wear it - I just bought the Tesco non-bio though, it was a third of the cost of the Fairy one.

Sorry to hear your so sick sunshiner, sounds awful :( I really hope you get better soon. Are you off work?

taken some time to myself murdy im useless to anyone. Managed to eat a bit today, other half got the vomiting bug too.

i use the lidl formil non bio, its really good i was skeptical at first as i used to only use persil non bio. formil is a fraction of the cost.

going to try and get to aldi if well enough in the morning they have some great deals on advent bottles.

sunshiner wrote: »
    taken some time to myself murdy im useless to anyone. Managed to eat a bit today, other half got the vomiting bug too.

i use the lidl formil non bio, its really good i was skeptical at first as i used to only use persil non bio. formil is a fraction of the cost.

going to try and get to aldi if well enough in the morning they have some great deals on advent bottles.

Glad you ate something today, hopefully you'll be on the mend soon!

We don't really have an Aldi near us so I don't think it will be worth the hassle getting there to save a few bob. I'll be interested to hear what bargains you get though!

Hope you better soon sunshiner sounds like very bad dose! Stressful when sick pregnant. Take plenty rest .

Oh dear hope you all feel better soon.
    If its going to touch their skin - wash it first, tbh if its a blanket thats going to be on over other stuff I wouldn't be too bothered. I was told by a phn to 'slot' the new baby into the established family routine as far as is possible (including the laundry) and if anything shows up later to change it. As it happened he has eczema so I've had a bit of a time sorting out whats he's allergic to and what we can or can't use. No fabric softner (contains a load of chemicals apparently), I can only use Fairy non bio - all the others irritate him. so all his clothes, bedding and anything used in common (towels) are washed to his requirements.
    I recently saw on superscrimpers how to make your own detergent and think I'll give it a go when I run out of detergent for us!!

Today, for some reason I am a pukey mcpukerson. No idea where it came from, am in bed. Blurgh!

Aknitter, making your own detergent sounds really interesting, would love to hear how you get on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

How are you doing, Sunshiner and Murdy, hope the illness is passing?

We seem to be stuck on one name and are using it to bump so it's probably the one, though there's no accounting for what happens when she comes out! Its an unusual enough name, don't know anyone called it, so hoping anyone having babies before us doesn't select it!

I'm off work again this week. I am on crutches now and consultant concerned about lack of sleep so have been told to catch up as much as I can during the week before they see me for my 28 week check next week.

oh dear krankykitty you poor thing. do you find the crutches help?
    ive gotten over the vomiting bug thankfully but im left with a horrid cough and chest infection, i think around day 3 the antibiotics should kick in hopefully. In the meantime im eating lots of fruit probably overkill but no harm. Ive just made homemade ginger and orange tea which has blown the head off me with the heat :D
    It helps me stop coughing for a bit. Hopefully it will help get my voice back soon.

how you feeling murdy?

I went to aldi this morning,lots of pregnant ladies or people with babies there. I got an advent bottle set it has 2 sml bottles and 2 large, a brush to clean and a soother. Also couldnt resist buying the bowl and plate set,a bit to soon but it was so cute.

Still puking but at least I'm at home! I have a maccy ds craving now so will be sending hubby out when he gets home - poor baby getting something so bad for his dinner!

KK - can't believe you're on crutches and all, ugh - none of us are having it easy, are we? I really hope it doesn't get any worse for you.

Sunshiner - glad the vomiting has stopped and I really hope the drugs kick in soon, sounds like a nasty dose.

• Advertisement

Sorry to hear ur all unwell! Hope feel better soon! Keep up resting! I was thinning yest it's flying then suddenly realised at least 3 full months left and got really down! Love kicks and excitement but really miss having body to myself.
    Went to aldi yest evening and all white blankets sold out and advent bottles. Girl said they went in two hours! Imagine! I got the slippers thought be good for hospital ands muslin cloths and hooded towel and wipes.my friend in work emailed me list of what need and my god it's scary ;)
    Hope youse bit better today!

Just home from town. I was a volunteer at a conference for medical professionals on foetal heart health so they scanned me in a little room and the scan was projected into a lecture theatre with another screen showing my belly. It was so amazing to get an extra scan and listen to the lecture on how to look at foetal hearts. Definitely know all is well with his heart now. Got loads more photos and baby is definitely a boy too! He's head down now too which is great. They were really grateful for me coming in but I was grateful to get a bonus scan!

Feeling less Pukey today too - hope everyone is feeling better too. We're going to pick travel system tomorrow - so excited!

We are an advert for pregnancy aren't we ;)!!!!! Hope everyone is doing ok with all the pain, illness, puking etc.

I'm totally wrecked, itching badly at night since Tues so finding it hard to sleep. Have a rash on my legs and tummy. At doc today, not serious but v little she can do. Just advised to take an anti histamine at night and keep moisturising. If it continues she said she might bring my c section forward 1 or 2 weeks.

On a more positive note, babies still doing well, still same size as one another and all looks good on scan :)

Sounds very exciting murdy would love see baby so long. We another scan Monday.

Wow how many weeks till twins should arrive? God u hav total different experience again ahead of u.

I have a date for c section on 14th May, will be 37 weeks then but consultant said that is absolute latest I will go, so possibly earlier than that if something happens. I think a lot of identical twins come early...so they could be April babies even. Need that hospital bag packed soon :eek:

Blueskye wrote: »
    I have a date for c section on 14th May, will be 37 weeks then but consultant said that is absolute latest I will go, so possibly earlier than that if something happens. I think a lot of identical twins come early...so they could be April babies even. Need that hospital bag packed soon :eek:

Wow, 14th May or earlier !! I'm not due until June 24th and it seems ages away :) imagine an April baby here - exciting!

Went out last night in town with the girls and was out from 6 until about midnight. It feels like a miracle! Hubby was out too and everyone is hung over, sometimes being pregnant is great. No hangover for me :)

MurdyWurdy wrote: »

Wow, 14th May or earlier !! I'm not due until June 24th and it seems ages away :) imagine an April baby here - exciting!

Went out last night in town with the girls and was out from 6 until about midnight. It feels like a miracle! Hubby was out too and everyone is hung over, sometimes being pregnant is great. No hangover for me :)

I know, not long to go really. I can feel the strain though, breathless going up the stairs and in pain if I 'm on my feet too long. So I'll be well ready to have these babies out!!

Wow well done! I haven't been out in ages apart from meals with OH. Miss it but don 't have the energy unfortunately. Nice not to have a hangover :)

Kranky - I hope the crutches are helping you, sounds like you are going through the wars at the moment.
    Blueskye - thats so exciting, its great having a definite end date in sight and it would be good if you went as long as possible.
    murdy - no hangovers are great!! Would love to have the energy to go that long!!
    Hope everyone has a good weekend.

If I was still at work there was no way I would have been able for it - had to rest all yesterday afternoon to give myself a chance! My girls were impressed with my staying power anyway :)

Bought our travel system today - we got the uppababy vista, it was either that or the Quinny Buzz and even though the Uppababy was more expensive it had a few things extra that we liked. We got the be safe car seat and isofix base as part of the package too so it's all organised. We were glad our car had the isofix, my parents car is three years newer and oddly didn't have it. Felt really real choosing that. Got is in a funky jade green colour so I'll be only gorgeous with it :p

• Advertisement

Blue sky I can't believe how soon it will come till u hav your babies! Can't imagine what it's like to carry 2! But be double the excitement
    Really exciting getting travel system murdy! Uppavista is lovely.we hav nursery insulated and painted now. Going insulate my own room now as baby be there first while . Are u all getting Moses baskets?
    I'm back for scan tomorrow to ensure baby not growing to small. Hope all ok. Feel it moving like crazy last two days. Would no we getting close third trimester as am wrecked again ;)

Advertisement