Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due June 2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭DoubleB

Hi everyone,
    Murdy I went for uppababy vista also and the be safe carseat after much research. My pram arrived yesterday and it is gorgeous altogether!! I am almost finished the nursery. It is sooooooo exciting. Looks amazing. I dressed the cot just to see what it looks like even thou I still need to wash all the bedding but it is just gorgeous. Over the coming weeks I'll give the whole room and its contents a good scrub and start packing it with nappies and other bits. It feels great having this much done. I'm worried that I won't have the energy or that my back will disrupt me from doing things later on so getting organised now. Over Easter I plan to get hospital bag for me and babs sorted.

I was told my placenta is low lying and close to cervix but not covering it. Hoping it will move. Baby is kicking really hard lately. Hubby let out a shout last night when he felt the kicks.

Ok so heres my essentials lists for before baby is born. Am I forgetting anything? Please add to it!
    Nappies, wipes, cotton wool, baby clothing, cellular blankets, cot, pram, car seat, moses basket, 2 bags for hospital, changing unit or mat, changing bag, bottles, steriliser, breast pump, baby bath, cleaning products, 'goroming kit', thermometer, monitors.

Anything I'm forgetting???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

DoubleB wrote: »
    Hi everyone,
    Murdy I went for uppababy vista also and the be safe carseat after much research. My pram arrived yesterday and it is gorgeous altogether!! I am almost finished the nursery. It is sooooooo exciting. Looks amazing. I dressed the cot just to see what it looks like even thou I still need to wash all the bedding but it is just gorgeous. Over the coming weeks I'll give the whole room and its contents a good scrub and start packing it with nappies and other bits. It feels great having this much done. I'm worried that I won't have the energy or that my back will disrupt me from doing things later on so getting organised now. Over Easter I plan to get hospital bag for me and babs sorted.

I was told my placenta is low lying and close to cervix but not covering it. Hoping it will move. Baby is kicking really hard lately. Hubby let out a shout last night when he felt the kicks.

Ok so heres my essentials lists for before baby is born. Am I forgetting anything? Please add to it!
    Nappies, wipes, cotton wool, baby clothing, cellular blankets, cot, pram, car seat, moses basket, 2 bags for hospital, changing unit or mat, changing bag, bottles, steriliser, breast pump, baby bath, cleaning products, 'goroming kit', thermometer, monitors.

Anything I'm forgetting???

Stuff for your hospital bag? Like nightdresses and those horrific maternity pads plus breast shields/pads. Otherwise that lists looks good! Maybe some sun shades for the car as it will be summer? (I only thought of these because we bought some yesterday!) Are you getting any kind of play mat/bouncy chair thing? We're not getting baby monitors because we're in an apartment and I'm not a big fan of moses baskets so we're getting a swinging crib instead but otherwise my list looks pretty much the same as yours :) I decided against a baby bath as well and bought this little chair thing that sits in the normal bath and you sit them in it to wash them hands free. It looks like a frog - bought it yesterday at the same place as the pram :)

Great that you got your pram! We're not collecting ours or paying the rest off until 10th June - 2 weeks before my due date. Seems AGES away! I actually thought the quinny buzz looked a little less bulky and streamlined but the uppababy just made more sense - especially that if you have another baby before this one is out of the buggy you can convert it into a double pram/buggy for 125EUR.

Doing a job on the spare room today - one side of the fitted wardrobes is already full of baby stuff but we need to clear out the chest of drawers and the other crap that is in there and bring it to the garage. We have friends staying next week and then after that the bed is going out of there and the furniture is getting ordered. Exciting! Sounds like you're well organised anyway DoubleB - I feel the same, do as much as possible now in case towards the end you're just not able for it! :)

Luckily we don't need to redecorate because it was painted last August and I like the colours for a baby's room. Great that you're getting the insulation done Lynda! This is going to sound a bit ridiculous but until recently we lived in NZ and there they don't have central heating or insulate their houses, even though it's cold in the winter. It's one of the reasons I wanted to be home to have babies - I couldn't fathom how people there kept their houses warm enough for a baby if it was never warm enough for me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Blueskye

Sounds like we're all getting organised :) best of luck with scan Lynda.

We're using a travelcot downstairs and they'll share a cot next to my bed upstairs. But I haven't put them up yet.

We got the attic insulated last week and are having some internal doors fitted to try to make downstairs a bit warmer. Feels great to get these jobs done.

We still haven't ordered travel system. I know what we want do must go do that.

We went to Ikea yesterday to get a wardrobe for babies room and a few other little bits. Stayed over with family as we had our antenatal day today in Dublin. I was awake til 4am with the itching last night. It was horrendous. Kept OH awake with all my scratching and fidgeting. Nothing could relieve it and as I wasn't at home I couldn't go to another room. There were tears and all :( i think that kind of itching must be some sort of torture... But then it just stopped at 4am and we got a few hours sleep. Talk about shattered tonight. The antenatal day was great but we're pretty wrecked!!

Itching has just started up again now, it didn't bother me all day but at least I'm home and OH can sleep in the spare room. Doc said she can't give me steroid cream because the itching covers such a large surface area. Just have to try grin and bear it for now....

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭DoubleB

Bluesky you poor poor thing that is so annoying on you. I really hope you get to sleep tonight.

I went on another little shopping splurge today. I haven't a thing to put on myself but baby's wardrobe is full already. Have u seen the Ted Baker junior stuff oh my God its gorge! I cud only afford one lil piece of it but I just couldn't reisist. Got some nice bits in Next and Penneys too. I bought some cute hooks to hang towels beside the changing unit and some other bits n bobs.

Murdy thanks for letting me kno I'm on the right track. U seem fairly organised yourself!! I haven't seen a nice nappy changing bag yet. Have any of yee?

Were any of you given an information pack in the hospital with a form to be filled out for an EU Mom pack which can be collected in any supervalue store? I got mine. It's a little red back pack with money off vouchers and sample sized baby products. A nice teether from bonjella and a few other bits. Worth getting seeing as its free!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭sunshiner

blueskye did you try bread soda and water make it into a paste and dab it one.or soak in a bath with it. I find certain foods like breads with refined sugar and yeast in it etc make me itch like mad.Dunno if you can look at that.

Wow ladies your all getting so organised. The stuff i have is piling up in the spare room. I havent been able to do anything since getting so sick,the house is a disgrace its rather depressing. I have been on antibiotics,inhalers etc. I feel a bit better as im typing this.

I was going to go to the baby fair in april and keep a lookout for a changing bag there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

Thanks everyone for the well wishes, I feel slightly more human after 2 weeks off work and a short course of medication from the doctor which gave me a bit of reasonable sleep. I haven't really been out anywhere, got brought for food one night and got brought over to my mams/granny's on another two days so although I got out of the house, haven't really had to walk around on the crutches. They are a pain in the backside in my small apartment though, I'm knocking everything over. Hopefully they'll have done some good anyhow. Back in the hospital tomorrow for my 28 week checkup and to see if I should return to work this week.

Blueskye, not sure if it will help but I sometimes get really itchy legs in bed (from pre pregnancy) and a cream that sometimes helped is this one here La Roche Posay Lipikar Baum AP There's something in it that apparently stops the itching. It's about 12 for a big tube of it and they sell it in loads of chemists/Boots etc. I think they have shower gels etc in the same line too. A cheaper option I also used to use is Aveeno with Menthol which you can sometimes get on offer for about 3 or 4 quid! Otherwise I also vaguely remember someone mentioning putting oats and a couple drops lavender into the bath might help with itches? That's so horrible for you, as you say it must be torture. I hope it calms down soon. Oh just thinking back to chicken pox (i had an awful case of it), there was a lotion from the chemist called Eurax that really helped too. Not sure if it's pregnancy safe though.

You're all so organised, I haven't even got a list drawn up, but I do have a good few clothes bits and pieces. As well as a load of knitting I got done during my sitting around time! I knit a little cardigan for the first time ever but I think I made it too small. It looks really tiny! I'll have to try and work out how to make it bigger I think. Rookie mistakes!

Thanks girls.

No haven't gotten a changing bag yet DoubleB, although I've my eye on a bigger one for twins so probably wouldn't be much help to ye. It was recommended by other twin mums.

So hard to resist cute baby clothes isn't it!! I saw some lovely cute white and green babygros the other day (haven't got much green) but made myself put them down as we've loads and are likely to get more clothes as gifts. But was soo tempted.

Thanks for the tips sunshiner. I'll definitely give the breadsoda a go. Willing to try anything at this stage. Although I know if I keep calm and don't scratch too much, it doesn't get too bad but last night I turned into a crazed woman :o but I'm sure being in an unfamiliar bed etc. didn't help. I don't think it's food related, as it seems to only happen at night and only since last Tues. Doc said it's just the pregnancy hormones and because it's twins, I've even more hormones floating around. Apparently the heat at night makes it worse too.

You've loads of time to get organised yet sunshiner. Once you're feeling better it'll be easier to do it. Our 'nursery' is painted but it is full of baby equipment, nappies etc and needs some serious sorting out!!

Thanks everyone for the well wishes, I feel slightly more human after 2 weeks off work and a short course of medication from the doctor which gave me a bit of reasonable sleep. I haven't really been out anywhere, got brought for food one night and got brought over to my mams/granny's on another two days so although I got out of the house, haven't really had to walk around on the crutches. They are a pain in the backside in my small apartment though, I'm knocking everything over. Hopefully they'll have done some good anyhow. Back in the hospital tomorrow for my 28 week checkup and to see if I should return to work this week.

Blueskye, not sure if it will help but I sometimes get really itchy legs in bed (from pre pregnancy) and a cream that sometimes helped is this one here La Roche Posay Lipikar Baum AP There's something in it that apparently stops the itching. It's about 12 for a big tube of it and they sell it in loads of chemists/Boots etc. I think they have shower gels etc in the same line too. A cheaper option I also used to use is Aveeno with Menthol which you can sometimes get on offer for about 3 or 4 quid! Otherwise I also vaguely remember someone mentioning putting oats and a couple drops lavender into the bath might help with itches? That's so horrible for you, as you say it must be torture. I hope it calms down soon. Oh just thinking back to chicken pox (i had an awful case of it), there was a lotion from the chemist called Eurax that really helped too. Not sure if it's pregnancy safe though.

You're all so organised, I haven't even got a list drawn up, but I do have a good few clothes bits and pieces. As well as a load of knitting I got done during my sitting around time! I knit a little cardigan for the first time ever but I think I made it too small. It looks really tiny! I'll have to try and work out how to make it bigger I think. Rookie mistakes!

Thanks a mil KK, I'll definitely look out for those products tomorrow. Willing to try anything that I can. Hope your checkup goes ok tomorrow, what a nightmare with the crutches. I can't imagine. Do you get paid for sickleave? If you do, I wouldn't be rushing back to work...no point putting yourself under extra pressure.

Wow, the itching sounds horrible! Really hope it's a temp thing. kk, glad you're tsking it easy, the crutches must be so awkward! I get an itchy belly and shins but not really too bad. Think baby is going through a growth spurt, I've definitely expanded a lot in just the last week. Can feel ligaments stretching. The only preggo problems I 'm having is a feeling of an uti coming on and continued vomiting, feel like I 'm doing ok after reading everyone's woes! My appetite is so much better and I'm only 1kg below my pre pregnancy weight now. Woohoo!

I've had a quick look at nappy bags but a friend wants to buy me one so I'll just see what I get. She got her sis a Cath Kidston one and I'd be very happy with something like that! Have people been asking you want you want as gifts? We have a few things assigned to people who have asked !

Does anyone know how the breast pump/bottle/steriliser combo works? I want to buy the medala swing because I have a feeling I'll need to pump a lot. Can you use any brand of bottles with the pump? And any brand of bottle in any steriliser ?

Im back from the hospital some wait, they put me in the wrong place well my name i nearly missed the doctor. 30min wait turned into 3 hours
    Anyways have some positive news, they sent my scans off to surgeon in dublin who said i wont need surgery right now, they will monitor me so i get another echo. And they recommended a natural birth if possible. ( which means i better get a move on the old pelvic floor exercises ) have to go get some scans of the baby they want some detailed scan. And i will have to meet a few other ppl about stuff but its all fine.
    My baby will be monitored after the birth to see if it has my heart problem. At least i can stop worrying now.

• Advertisement

Hey Sunshiner that's great you won't need surgery for now. That's brilliant news. What's the story with the natural birth recommendation, would you be allowed the epidural? Glad it was good news and must be a worry off your mind..

Had 28 week check today, all good, got a glimpse at baby but at this size you don't see as much on the smaller scanner.. She is very active in there kicking and flailing about the place. Breech just as I thought. In other news, am getting sent to some anaesthetist fellow to see if some kind of nerve block would help the hips as they think it's some other spasm in my back that's pulling them up further than just the PGP in itself.

We stopped in Mothercare on the way home, and got a Mothercare brand version of the Gro Bag for 18.99 reduced from 39 or thereabouts. Got the 0-6 size, 1 tog which I guess would be OK for the summertime. They had a few different things reduced like bottles and crib bedding.

Hey Sunshiner that's great you won't need surgery for now. That's brilliant news. What's the story with the natural birth recommendation, would you be allowed the epidural? Glad it was good news and must be a worry off your mind..

have to meet an anesthetist too so they can run through different options with me about pain management if i want it. And also to look at different things re my heart etc. thank krankykitty,Its a huge weight off my shoulders i feel better about the whole thing.

Will you have to wait long to see about the nerve block? how are you getting on with the crutches?

I find mothercare really expensive, a mate of mind spend €500 in there and didnt seem to get alot for the money. They do have some nice stuff though.

Nothing better than a bit of reassurance sure there isnt!

Yes it's very expensive, even just the packs of little vests etc seem dearer than Next etc. I thought the sleep bag thing was a bargain though and one practical thing off the list. There was a pack of about 10 muslin cloths for 25 which I thought was a bit mad..

As I am a bit straighter today than usual thanks to the bit of rest/meds last week I only have to use the crutches for now now walking out and about, and for as and when I feel I need them, so say if it starts feeling worse later in the day or if I am in in bits in the morning to use them then. It's a bit of a relief as it's hard getting around the apartment on them.

Non baby related I got some spends for my birthday so I'm going to treat myself to a spring jacket or two, will get "normals" just leave them open until the baby bump is gone!

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭lynda18

Glad to hear it went well sunshiner. Say that was hanging over u
    Yes mother care is expensive for clothes but got few things on bargin or sale like Moses basket sheets and cellular blankets. Have keep eye out for deals everywhere really.
    We had scan and my due date is now 11th June 26 weeks pregnant and all well. Head is now facing down so no longer breech. Kicking away lately and can even see it from outside . Feeling very well at moment so going enjoy it. Saying that I'm in bed now but had long day ! Imagine 14 weeks left its scary in some ways ;)

Girls - that's great news about your trips to the hospital. Sounds really positive and I hope they find something to fix your pain KK - it's be great if it was something resolvable. I'm glad to hear you're both getting monitored anyway and getting to discuss pain relief etc now

Mothercare has a good price on some things but then really high prices on other things so I think it pays to check there before shopping around. I updated my list today and it's getting shorter but still a bit to get!

I'm just back from an aquafit class, it was really good and there was only one exercise I had to change to fit around pregnancy. It was nice to be in the water and float around a bit. I've been having leg cramps a lot recently so the stretching felt like it was really helping with that. So nice to be able to do things like that again, up until recently I wouldn't have been able for it. Being off work has made a huge difference!

Well I got a great night's sleep last night. Covered myself in silcock's base and hoped for the best and slept 10.30pm to 8am. No waking with itching. What a relief. Doesn't seem too bad so far tonight, don't want to jinx it, but maybe it's getting better...here's hoping.

Murdy from people I've asked who breastfed, they all recommended waiting until baby is here before buying pump. I think it's recommended not to pump the first few weeks if possible so see how bfeeding goes? But I'm no expert...I'm hoping to rent one initially but if I buy one it'll be the medela too.

I got the avent microwave steriliser and I think it also takes tommee tipee bottles but not sure if it takes the others.

At our antenatal day yesterday, the parents recommended only buying about 4 bottles to begin with because they said all babies like different bottles/teats so you may end up using different ones when baby arrives. Oh the midwives also recommended going to a breastfeeding class now to meet the mums, talk to organiser etc. so that you have a point of contact after the birth, for support etc. Sounds like a good idea. They might be better at advising re pumps/bottles, or else the breastfeeding forum on the newborn and toddlers forum here?

The aquafit sounds great. It's great you are able for it now that you're not at work.

That's great you won't need surgery for now sunshiner. Must be a relief.

My twin A is breech too KK. I have started getting loads of those 'fanny forks' I think Murdy called them? What a weird sensation. That'd be great if the nerve block helped with the pain? Here's hoping. Yay for buying yourself some clothes. My sil in law was showing me all her new purchases at the weekend and I have to say I was a bit jealous. I have hardly any clothes that fit me at the moment and I don't want to buy more because it's for such a short time. But I can't wait to wear normal nice clothes again.

We got two ikea 'grobags' for €11 each on Saturday. 2.5 tog. Great value. I really like mothercare and have got sheets and other bits there but it is expensive. I saw a travelcot on sale there at Christmas which was still a good bit cheaper in smyths. You just have to shop around for everything.

Yeah, I need to look into the breast pump/bottle thing. Asking on the newborn/toddlers forum is a good idea. Wolfpawnat, who posts here recommended getting the pump in advance because when she had her baby she needed it all of a sudden and had to traipse a bit to get one and it was a bit stressful (at least I think that's what the post said!). I just have a feeling I'll need to pump lots due to nipple issues I already have (I won't go into it!). I really want to give the baby breast milk for as long as possible and I think for me, that will mean I need a lot of pumping!

I might buy the pump plus the bottles that match it and make sure I get a steriliser that those bottles fit into. Good idea not to get too many bottles at once in case baby needs a different kind. I can look into different kinds that work with our steriliser as and when I need to then.

My bubs is head down but I have a feeling he has moved since I was told that and will move again! You're all a little bit ahead of me though, I'm only 24 weeks today. Wish I was further along! I feel a bit guilty saying this but I can't say I'm enjoying pregnancy very much - just want baby to get here now! I know lots of women love being pregnant but I don't think I'm one of them :P

I love the gro bags! I want one in MurdyWurdy size - I bought a newborn one in Asda for a good price. It says the baby needs to be 8lbs 8oz before using though so I'll be watching that.

Ha - funny you're getting fanny forks Blueskye! I get them occasionally and it can be wuite uncomfortable! :)

i bought a medella swing electric pump .must get a breast shield though, there are different sizes just a thought about the bottles, you could always transfer milk to different bottles that you can use in sterilizer.

growbag, awh theyre very cute. Ladies theres so many things out there kind of mind boggling.

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    My bubs is head down but I have a feeling he has moved since I was told that and will move again! You're all a little bit ahead of me though, I'm only 24 weeks today. Wish I was further along! I feel a bit guilty saying this but I can't say I'm enjoying pregnancy very much - just want baby to get here now! I know lots of women love being pregnant but I don't think I'm one of them :P

I totally get this Murdy, the hard bits are just so hard. The ironic thing is I actually like the being pregnant bit, the hormones seem to actually suit me and make me feel good :confused: and I love the kicks and even the bump. But it's a long trek when you have problems isn't it.

Blueskye - I had no idea Ikea did things like grobags, thanks for that! It will be great to wear all the normal gear again, though the way I'm looking at the maternity stuff is that I'll probably have to wear them for a while after the baby's here anyway, so it's not as bad value a purchase as it might seem.. That's what I'm rationalising anyway. The maternity skinny jeans are so comfy I think I'll want to wear them when not prego, just think no more cut off middle when you go for a meal or have a few pints :D

I'm definitely going to keep wearing my maternity jeans, so comfortable! Would be great for a fat day or if you 're going out for a big feed and want room to expand!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭Jennii.

I'm dying :( So dizzy, can barely do anything, everything wrecks me, then I feel sick and need to sit. Does anybody know what's going on? I was fine till recently, I'm just so exhausted all the time :(

Jennii. wrote: »
    I'm dying :( So dizzy, can barely do anything, everything wrecks me, then I feel sick and need to sit. Does anybody know what's going on? I was fine till recently, I'm just so exhausted all the time :(

Sounds like low blood pressure, happens to me a lot and apparently is common in 2nd trimester. If I were you I'd get it checked out by your GP. Although I was just told to rest (the cure for all pregnancy related ills it seems). Low blood pressure makes you very tired as well as dizzy.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭lynda18

Alot of people go anaemic at this stAge too get your iron checked and rest! Are u taking iron? Hope u feel better soon!

lynda18 wrote: »
    Alot of people go anaemic at this stAge too get your iron checked and rest! Are u taking iron? Hope u feel better soon!

Good idea - might be worth getting iron checked too. Either way I reckon a trip to the GP might be a good idea. Hope you feel better soon :)

I take Galfer because my iron reserves are low after being sick and it really helps. Haven't had any of the common problems it causes either (upset stomach or constipation) so I'm thinking my body is needing it!

I'm getting the worst leg cramps in my right leg at night, it's really disrupting my sleep. Not sure what I can do :( Dr Google says walk, baths and go water bottles. I'll have my next app with my GP next Tuesday so will say it to him then. Hope it doesn't get any worse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭aknitter

Hey glad to hear everyone is well and am so jealous everyone is so organised, I have to wait until after easter to get bags packed as we are getting a dirty job done over the hols and I don't want everything covered in saw dust.
    One thing that'll be needed if your going to breastfeed is nipple cream - multimam is what I used and its great - no cracking or pain or need for a shield and no need to wipe it off before the baby feeds. i though of something else but can't for the life of me remember what it was......baby brain kicking in with a vengeance! :)
    Murdy -I have the avent hand pump and only the avent bottles will fit it. Not sure about other brands.
    Sunshiner soooo glad all is ok with you, what a worry.
    I was put on ferrograd c iron tablets - even with a full dose of galfer my body was not absorbing the iron so the ferrograd has the vitamin c required to up take the iron (still get the side effects though).
    Itching is some balls to deal with - I use on me and the little man oilatum (think that's how you spell it), its good. I love the bath emoilliant but won't use it now as it leaves the bath slippy. Or I got an amazing bath bomb in Lush in town - a white one with shea butter in it, Its been so long since I was so moistureized!
    Ah yes - dummies are something to be thought of for including in the stash and the midwives at the hospital recommend to have a few of the ready mixed formulas in the back of the cupboard because 'just in case'. I used milupa on both mine but the last one eventually had to be taken off it as it irritated his skin - so i used cow and gate (this was when he was 8-9 months old and the eczema was making its appearance).
    Can anyone recommend anything for indigestion or heart burn? I've tried milk, rennie and gaviscon and even water is giving me issues!

I'm eating a lot of rice pudding for my heartburn, it really works! I make my own and get the ambrosia ones. I also make a lot of bread and butter pudding. I find that creaminess combined with a bit of soakage works for me

I bought some dummies on special in Dunnes the other day, the ones with the caps on them.

Really need to look into the breast pump more!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭aknitter

Thanks murdy - I love rice pudding will make some now!
    i just though anyone going to fairs etc - keep an eye out for any Annabel Karmel book, she does reciepies for weaning babies and toddlers, my son loves her pizzas for a meal (only way I get mushrooms or sweetcorn into him!) and the teenager loves them as a snack after school.

There's a medela swing breast pump for sale on the 'not just for twins' facebook page. It's in the 'baby equipment' folder. If anyone is interested.

Itching has eased a lot the past few nights, slathering myself in silcock's base seems to help, couldn't imagine my skin could absorb so much but it seems to help. Delighted to be getting sleep again.

I've had the restless leg some nights, it's very annoying but not cramps which sound horrible. I didn't find a solution but it did go away if that's any consolation. Our pilates instructor (also a physio) recommended a magnesium spray for the leg cramps or magnesium supplements. I take magnesium anyway but maybe the spray would be worth a try? Think you can get it in healthfood stores.

Good idea aknitter, we've a babymarket coming up soon, will keep an eye out for those anna karmel books.

I am just eating rennies. Don't like gaviscon but rennies seem to still be doing the trick for me. Rice pudding sounds yum!

A friend gave me some multimam compresses, she swears by them. Said they are very soothing.

I kindof forgot about what I'll wear after babies are born :o It'll be a while before I'm back in my old clothes so maybe I'll treat myself to a few little things. My bump is seriously expanding by the minute at the moment!!

Jennii, sounds horrible. I'd definitely go have a chat with your doc and get your bloods checked. Take it easy.

• Advertisement

I've looked at those Annabel Karmel books before, I've good intentions to be pureeing lovely foods but we'll see how it goes!!

Ugh on the heartburn aknitter. Mine was really bad at the start, then cleared up a good bit but now I'm on the gaviscon again. I have a prescription for Losec if I need it, apparently it only works for 12 weeks so I was saving it till the end. Maybe that would help if you got one from the doc? I think drinking soda water has helped a bit as well.

Jennii, hope you are OK, sounds awful.

This is a funny one. Has anyone noticed their voice changing? The last few weeks I keep getting really hoarse when I talk for any longer than a few minutes. Like I've a 20 a day Bensons habit :)

Advertisement