Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due June 2013

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Ooh, KrankyKitty has a new sexy voice! Can't say I've noticed it but sounds like an interesting side effect :)

Rice pudding is seriously yum - haven't eaten it in years and it's the only thing I get cravings for. It's much nicer to make yourself but the ambrosia ones are quite nice too if you just need something to take the acidity away.

My leg is killing me - around the knee area. Online they talk about leg cramps being shooting pains in the calves but my pain isn't like that - it more feels like shin splints and/or the pain you get when you sleep with your leg curled up in a weird position. Before I was blaming the cat because he sleeps at my feet but it's definitely a pregnancy thing now. It's quite sore, I'm thinking I might change my antenatal appointment to be tomorrow/friday instead of next week and get is checked out. Blueskye - I had read that magnesium is good so that's an option! We have guests coming for the weekend and I was looking forward to being around people without being a pukemonster - don't want to not be able to walk anywhere :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

Haha, unfortunately it's more laryngitis effect rather than a sexy new persona! I keep thinking I'm going to get a sore throat or lose my voice but it doesn't happen so guess it's just a side effect. It's funny being in work today having debates with it. That's weird about the sore knee, maybe the baby is pressing on a nerve or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭sunshiner

aknitter wrote: »
    Hey glad to hear everyone is well and am so jealous everyone is so organised, I have to wait until after easter to get bags packed as we are getting a dirty job done over the hols and I don't want everything covered in saw dust.
    One thing that'll be needed if your going to breastfeed is nipple cream - multimam is what I used and its great - no cracking or pain or need for a shield and no need to wipe it off before the baby feeds. i though of something else but can't for the life of me remember what it was......baby brain kicking in with a vengeance! :)
    Murdy -I have the avent hand pump and only the avent bottles will fit it. Not sure about other brands.
    Sunshiner soooo glad all is ok with you, what a worry.
    I was put on ferrograd c iron tablets - even with a full dose of galfer my body was not absorbing the iron so the ferrograd has the vitamin c required to up take the iron (still get the side effects though).
    Itching is some balls to deal with - I use on me and the little man oilatum (think that's how you spell it), its good. I love the bath emoilliant but won't use it now as it leaves the bath slippy. Or I got an amazing bath bomb in Lush in town - a white one with shea butter in it, Its been so long since I was so moistureized!
    Ah yes - dummies are something to be thought of for including in the stash and the midwives at the hospital recommend to have a few of the ready mixed formulas in the back of the cupboard because 'just in case'. I used milupa on both mine but the last one eventually had to be taken off it as it irritated his skin - so i used cow and gate (this was when he was 8-9 months old and the eczema was making its appearance).
    Can anyone recommend anything for indigestion or heart burn? I've tried milk, rennie and gaviscon and even water is giving me issues!

thanks aknitter, have you tried natural probiotic yougart and peppermint tea for the heartburn. Im also on galfer at the min, i suffer from anemia so i guess it was inevitable that i ended up on them.

my voice is very deep though i think thats from coughing so much. i even lost my voice for 2 days. its fine now.

aknitter you said to bring mixed formulas is that for your pregnancy bag ?do you need it even if your going to breastfeed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭aknitter

sunshiner - keep the formula you buy at home the hospital supply free formula if change your mind in hospital to bottle feed (but trust me on the nipple cream!). It comes in little sterlised disposable bottles so its easy to manage. Personally I found it to be a bit of a comfort knowing that it was in the press. Took some of the pressure off the times when the baby was crying and I had no idea why, and you start worrying over everything.
    Sounds odd about your voice but I wear glasses and I know my sight is worse but that's hardly surprising for me with the extra relaxin floating around me causing my present pelvic girdle pain, indigesiton and bleeding gums! Could be a normal little heard of pregnancy issue.

Oh thanks for that aknitter i put it on my list. Just got a letter for a scan in april im so looking forward to that. i cant believe how the time is flying by.I went for a walk today and i really felt like i was waddling :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭aknitter

lol know what you mean sunshiner - I called it my 'constipated duck' walk ! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭Jennii.

I had my bloods checked 3 times in the past 2 weeks and blood pressure is always checked and always fine :( maybe I'm low on Iron and they can't pinpoint it, cause they keep saying I've good amounts of everything :( Thanks guys and that rice pudding tip! Must try it, heartburn is unbelievably bad!
    Hope everyone is doing well, almost there, kind of!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Blueskye

Jennii. wrote: »
    I had my bloods checked 3 times in the past 2 weeks and blood pressure is always checked and always fine :( maybe I'm low on Iron and they can't pinpoint it, cause they keep saying I've good amounts of everything :( Thanks guys and that rice pudding tip! Must try it, heartburn is unbelievably bad!
    Hope everyone is doing well, almost there, kind of!! :)

Blood tests would spot low iron. Gosh strange so. Has your doc any theories?
    Yep I 'm definitely on the countdown... Won't it be mad when our babies actually arrive :)

Blueskye wrote: »
    Blood tests would spot low iron. Gosh strange so. Has your doc any theories?
    Yep I 'm definitely on the countdown... Won't it be mad when our babies actually arrive :)

We should start another thread then. Will miss this !

jenni did they check your thyroid function?

• Advertisement

sunshiner wrote: »

That's a good idea too - they took blood from me at my last appointment in Holles Street to check mine because I'm so tired all the time. It came back clear so guess pregnancy just makes me really tired!

My knee is a little bit better today, I think it might be tendonitis which apparently pregnancy hormones can cause. I'm resting it up again so it'll be ok for the weekend. Unless it gets worse I'll just keep my doc appointment for next Tuesday. I reckon he'll just tell me to rest it and put heat on it and that's what I'm doing!

Called into Mothercare this morning to get two more things on my list (changing mat for the changing table and a baby grooming kit), The girl there told me their sale starts on the 26th March so if any of you were thinking of getting anything it might be worth waiting and checking it out. No idea how good their sales are but I'll be taking a look! I'm hoping to maybe get some cot bedding and things on sale there. We bought a crib for our bedroom for the first 6 months today - bought it second hand so I'm quite pleased at saving a few bob on that. Have to get bedding for that too and a mattress. There really is so much to get!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭Jennii.

Nah they haven't I think but they know my mum had a thyroid problem, so they know about it, I guess I thought they might have checked that :/

Yeah it's crazy, haven't seen her really since this all started, but today I will definitely say it to her. Fingers crossed!

yes a new thread would be class, should really do that, we'd all be familiar with the same (for the most part) issues!

Thanks, these are really helpful suggestions, hope it's nothing to worry about!

A new thread sounds like a great idea.

I had iron and thyroid checked a few weeks ago because of tiredness too but all is apparently fine. I'm working at home today but am like a zombie eventhough I had a good night's sleep. Did some work this morning but not able for anymore this afternoon. Tried to nap but can't sleep. Hoping it's just a growth spurt or something.

sounds a bit like me today blueskye. Though i think the dullness of days like this makes me lethargic. Roll on some nice sunny weather. Wow the time is really ticking down, im starting to pull out cupboards and rearrange,so that stuffs a bit practical. My to do list helps i find myself so scatty. my house is so tiny that the lack of storage is becoming a problem. so i think its time to have a real clearout of stuff.
    i get to go shopping on monday,though i will have my other half with me and he doesnt like shopping. men are rather worse than children when it comes to browsing.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭DoubleB

Hi Everyone, how are you all now? I have a funny complaint today. At three this morning my baby's kicks woke me. They were quite uncomfortable and non stop. I lay awake for hours. Fell back asleep this morning sometime but have been awoken again by huge kicks. Wonder what's going on in there? My whole belly is shuddering with the kicks. Baby has never been this active it's going on hours and hours now!!!!

Hey All happy weekend, hope you're having a good one. And happy mother's day to you all. I know we may not all be "officially" mothers yet but we're certainly putting in some of the hard work already :)

Double B, I've found my baby has got very active the past few weeks in a noticeable way. Mostly I would feel loads of movements but it wouldn't be in an ouch or very disturbing way, but maybe thats my placenta cushioning some of it. A good few give me a right old fright and I can see the bump move in other places other that what I can feel, almost like a shockwave through it. The movement seems to go on all day now whereas before there were particular times in the day that I would notice. Were you able to sleep with it last night?

I'm finding the kicks can be uncomfortable too and give me a fright sometimes. Hope you managed to sleep a bit. My knees are still a bit sore and keeping me awake but it could be a lot worse. Husband is building the crib at the moment which is nice and later on we're going for a swim for my poor aching knees! One of them went all weak yesterday and I fell down the stairs a bit. Luckily I just fell forward on the other knee and was almost at the bottom.

Happy Mother's Day to all, just think what we'll be doing this time next year?! Hope you're all having a lovely day.

blueskye im staiting to know how you feel, the itching is unreal, :p I think the baby is one growth spurt at the min, i feel huge, my insides feel squished especially up by my ribs.

is anyone else feeling hungry alot?

My babies have definitely grown a lot the past few days, bump is bigger every day! Sooo tired today, can barely keep my eyes open. Can't figure it out re eating, I couldn't eat my dinner last night, felt full after a few bites but was hungry around 1am and starving today. On the plus side, itching is nearly gone :) Lots of moisturiser Sunshiner!!!!!

Mine are kicking a lot more the past week but not to the point it hurts or wakes me.

This time next year we'll all be mammies :)

blueskye im staiting to know how you feel, the itching is unreal, :p I think the baby is one growth spurt at the min, i feel huge, my insides feel squished especially up by my ribs.

is anyone else feeling hungry alot?

I am hungrier, especially as my appetite was so bad for so long but i find that once I start eating I can't eat as much as I thought - not as much room in there!

My swim was lovely, just nice to be weightless for a while and float around :)

• Advertisement

MurdyWurdy wrote: »

My swim was lovely, just nice to be weightless for a while and float around :)

Sounds lovely.

Blueskye wrote: »
    Sounds lovely.

I recommend it :)

Also the pool was full of kids so it was practice for myself and hubby and what future Sunday afternoons will be like!!

sounds lovely murdy.

blueskye ok will do,i moisturize 2 times a day already! think it will have to be more now! i thinking scratching it makes it worse.
    Do ye all have more scans booked around the 32 weeks? mines due in april i cant wait. Babies kicks are much stronger and more active.

sounds lovely murdy.

blueskye ok will do,i moisturize 2 times a day already! think it will have to be more now! i thinking scratching it makes it worse.
    Do ye all have more scans booked around the 32 weeks? mines due in april i cant wait. Babies kicks are much stronger and more active.

I don't get another big scan but I'll keep getting mini ones at all my appointments with the midwives. Next appointment is with GP on Tuesday than hospital 3 weeks after that. Hopefully there'll be no complications! That's nice you get another big one at 32 weeks, baby will be an actual person by then so I bet you'll see loads :)

I'm so lucky with all the scans, we've another one this Friday. Really interested to see what babies weights are. I've only 9 weeks left at the most. Prob should start packing bags soon.

I've spent the whole day on the couch, keep dozing off. I really hope it's not a sign of things to come.

Hope the itching improves Sunshiner.

thanks blueskye, omg thats not long at all how exciting. I cant say ive done much this weekend but sit on the couch.
    yeah i have my consultant appointment in 4weeks, have to go the gp for gestational diabetes check next week,then my scan 2nd week in april. Yeah i think it will be a detailed scan consultant wants a good look at the baby. I cant believe how much the weeks are flying by.
    Dentist tomorrow not looking forward to that. on the plus side i get to do some shopping afterwards.

Think I get a detailed scan at 36 weeks on the fancy machine and that's the next one.. In some ways the weeks are going by fast and in other ways am just getting through the days!

Big purchase done online today, got the Quinny Buzz travel system from Tony Kealy's. Basing it on friends' experiences and a good look we had at it. It seems fairly compact. It's reduced at the moment.

I feel very lucky that I've escaped this itching so far.. Hope it calms down for ye! I find I am a little bit more hungrier than I was at the beginning, but not really to the extent I was expecting to be honest. I seem to want different kind of things to what I would have eaten before, I was never really into cereals and didn't do much bread and now I would eat them a good bit.

Think I get a detailed scan at 36 weeks on the fancy machine and that's the next one.. In some ways the weeks are going by fast and in other ways am just getting through the days!

Big purchase done online today, got the Quinny Buzz travel system from Tony Kealy's. Basing it on friends' experiences and a good look we had at it. It seems fairly compact. It's reduced at the moment.

I feel very lucky that I've escaped this itching so far.. Hope it calms down for ye! I find I am a little bit more hungrier than I was at the beginning, but not really to the extent I was expecting to be honest. I seem to want different kind of things to what I would have eaten before, I was never really into cereals and didn't do much bread and now I would eat them a good bit.

It's exciting getting the travel system isn't it? We got ours in Tony Kealy's too and the price for the Quinny Buzz at the moment there is great. We decided to get another one in the end but it was a really hard choice. I really like the Quinny Buzz! I'm not looking online at them any more in case I change my mind from the one we get. :)

Great to have a fairly big thing done. You're right, don't look at any others and then you can't be swayed one way or another!

Hope everyone is feeling good today

• Advertisement

Great to have a fairly big thing done. You're right, don't look at any others and then you can't be swayed one way or another!

Hope everyone is feeling good today

I know - pregnancy has made me really indecisive, normally I don't rethink decisions but my brain is like jelly at the moment :)

Anyone else got heavy snow? I was supposed to go out to meet someone for lunch today but she had a 5 month old and didn't want to go out in the snow.
    I think it 's best I stay in as well - with my dodgy knees I can see myself falling a lot!

Advertisement