Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due June 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Blueskye

We've just had snow showers with sun in between. So its not really sticking. It actually feels warmer than yesterday here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Blueskye wrote: »
    We've just had snow showers with sun in between. So its not really sticking. It actually feels warmer than yesterday here.

It's really coming down here and sticking a little bit too! I'm in bed with the cat :)

Yesterday was freezing too though, that wind would go through you. I'm sure I've had Saint Patrick's days before where i was sitting outside the pub in a t-shirt in the sun. This weather is weird!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

A bit of snow here but has stopped and not stuck really. Can't say I'm not glad, last thing we all need is to be slip sliding around the place!

Here's a question for ye all. Have you considered collecting the stem cells from your baby?

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭sunshiner

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    It's really coming down here and sticking a little bit too! I'm in bed with the cat :)
    best place to be id say,its sticking up high on the mountain other than that its a mixture of snow n sun

A bit of snow here but has stopped and not stuck really. Can't say I'm not glad, last thing we all need is to be slip sliding around the place!

Here's a question for ye all. Have you considered collecting the stem cells from your baby?

Do you mean from the cord blood? I think I read somewhere that you can't do cord blood banking in Ireland.

EDIT: I knew I read something somewhere, I'm with Holles Steet and they don't offer cord blood banking. I read it when choosing what hospital to go with but we weren't really concerned about that so it wasn't an issue for us. I guess it depends on what hospital you're going with whether you can do it or not.

• Advertisement

sunshiner wrote: »
    best place to be id say,its sticking up high on the mountain other than that its a mixture of snow n sun

It's been lovely :) I wanted to go to the shops but after falling over the weekend I'm too nervous to head out in the snow. I'm so clumsy at the moment and my knees are causing problems. Snow is not good weather for pregnant women!

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    It's been lovely :) I wanted to go to the shops but after falling over the weekend I'm too nervous to head out in the snow. I'm so clumsy at the moment and my knees are causing problems. Snow is not good weather for pregnant women!

Snow is definitely not good for us pregnant women. Wise to stay indoors. I'm feeling really clumsy today, nearly fell over my nephew's toys, then was playing with him (he likes to hide in the curtains and for me to find him) but I pulled the curtain too hard or at a funny angle and the poor fella fell and bumped his head. I felt so bad, was almost in tears for the poor guy. And feeling guilty for being such a terrible auntie :(

I can't believe there's a Due November 2013 thread!!! Mad to think how far along we are.

I can't believe there's a Due November 2013 thread!!! Mad to think how far along we are.

I know, I saw that! Sometimes I feel like I'm ages away because I'm not due until the end of June, and lots of you are due earlier than that but then I see threads like that and realise how far I've come. My pregnancy app ticks over on Mondays and today it said I was 2/3 of the way through - made me really excited :)

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Couchkitten

I'm not doing the stem cell banking. part payment is offered as part of my health insurance but the Coombe hopital do not offer the service anyway. Neither does the Rotunda or HS. So unless your MC that choice is not yours to make.

I read up on it a bit, and it seems like something that would be great to do if you had money and really wouldn't miss it. It's highly unlikely the stem cells would be used. Some articles below:

http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/health/stem-cell-collection-the-banking-crisis-26526655.html

http://www.thejournal.ie/family-will-borrow-e10000-to-harvest-life-saving-stem-cells-for-son-172866-Jul2011/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭DoubleB

Hi All, stem cells collection is something myself and my hubby discussed before. It costs an awful lot of money thou(which we don't have). Please God we will never need to think about it again but our hospital doesn't offer it anyway so thats kinda made our decision for us.

My pram arrived yesterday.... The uppababy vista. It is just FABULOUS. I love it. I made my hubby assemble it so I could push it around the house. Massive shopping basket, so many parts washable, really nice wheels, organic materials, looks so comfy!! Baby is gunna be so cosy in there.

My kicks are unbelievable at the minute especially when I'm in bed. I'm really not sleeping well at all. Functioing on around 5 hours a night which isn't enough for me!!

Have any of yee filled out your maternity leave forms yet? I started mine this evening. Are yee putting in your actual due date or later or earlier for any reason? I'm not sure what to do but assume I will just fill in my actual date. We have to go 2 weeks before the sat before our due date I think. Am I right on that?

DoubleB wrote: »
    Hi All, stem cells collection is something myself and my hubby discussed before. It costs an awful lot of money thou(which we don't have). Please God we will never need to think about it again but our hospital doesn't offer it anyway so thats kinda made our decision for us.

My pram arrived yesterday.... The uppababy vista. It is just FABULOUS. I love it. I made my hubby assemble it so I could push it around the house. Massive shopping basket, so many parts washable, really nice wheels, organic materials, looks so comfy!! Baby is gunna be so cosy in there.

My kicks are unbelievable at the minute especially when I'm in bed. I'm really not sleeping well at all. Functioing on around 5 hours a night which isn't enough for me!!

Have any of yee filled out your maternity leave forms yet? I started mine this evening. Are yee putting in your actual due date or later or earlier for any reason? I'm not sure what to do but assume I will just fill in my actual date. We have to go 2 weeks before the sat before our due date I think. Am I right on that?

Ooh, glad to hear you love the pram so much as we got the same one. What colour did you get? The shop is holding ours until the 10th June (2 weeks before my due date) so won't have it for ages!

I'm getting kicked loads too, today something poked out and I had a pointy bit on my belly! Went to GP today for my antenatal app and all is well with baby. My knee problems are due to ligaments stretching so not a lot I can do but go on with sleepless nights with sore knees!

I'm not entitled to maternity benefit so can't help you there, sorry :)

Murdy- delighted to hear all is well with baby. Your poor knees thou. That must be so annoying. I was supposed to book an app with my Dr for check up this week but I didn't bother. Is that awful? I just hate Dr waiting rooms and I ALWAYS end up picking up a cold/flu after being stuck waiting there for hrs. I've app with consultant again in 2 weeks and I feel fine apart from tiredness!!

You are going to LOVE your pram. Its really gorgeous and ticked all the boxes for us. Its so easy to remove the seat or pram part too. Just clicks in and out.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭lynda18

Ah say exciting getting the pram! Did u get car seat wit it?
    I hav fill in my form i think ye some people lie and put week later so get week more after baby. Are u planning working up to two weeks before!? I wanted finish 12 days before and if needed go sick then before that. But work as late as can to distract me. I was off yest and felt benefit would love 4 day
    Yes kicks getting strong now! But I feel them bit less frequent.
    Are youse sleeping or uncomfortable yet?
    Are u all buying Moses baskets and cots or do get a crib aswel?
    13 more weeks now! Wow! It's slow and quick.
    Are Any u getting glucose test? I'm booked next week!

Yeah, sometimes I feel a bit silly going to the GP, just for him to do checks for 5 minutes and say I'm fine but it is nice to know everything is well at the same time! I definitely wanted to see him to today to discuss the knee issue. He kept telling me how well I looked and saying "you really were very sick, weren't you?" so I must have looked like **** last time I was there! My next app is in Holles St in 3 weeks and then appointments go to every two weeks.

I'm so jealous you've been practicing with your pram - we're really pleased with our choice too. The big basket underneath was actually one of the things for us that sold it over the Quinny Buzz - I can't travel light :D

I haven't filled in the maternity form yet but I told my job the truth about my date as I had no interest in working later than 38 weeks anyway, even if things were going swimmingly. i think some people say a later date so they can have more time after the baby's born, and just in case you end up going to 42 weeks or something.

Thanks for the views/links on the stem cells. I'm in Mount C so the option is open. I really need to do a bit of research on it. I wouldn't have even really thought about it only for my mother got a stem cell harvest done a while back as a potential future treatment in case her cancer returns, so it was in my mind.

My buggy got delivered to my in-laws so we'll have to go up and have a play with it over the weekend!

lynda18 wrote: »
    Ah say exciting getting the pram! Did u get car seat wit it?
    I hav fill in my form i think ye some people lie and put week later so get week more after baby. Are u planning working up to two weeks before!? I wanted finish 12 days before and if needed go sick then before that. But work as late as can to distract me. I was off yest and felt benefit would love 4 day
    Yes kicks getting strong now! But I feel them bit less frequent.
    Are youse sleeping or uncomfortable yet?
    Are u all buying Moses baskets and cots or do get a crib aswel?
    13 more weeks now! Wow! It's slow and quick.
    Are Any u getting glucose test? I'm booked next week!

Hope you had a nice day off! honestly, being off work has been the making of me. I'm so much better than I was, I feel human again. Not long until you're all on maternity leave! Not sleeping that great but as I'm off work I don't get too stressed about it and I find that makes it easier to drop back off. If I had to get up for work I'd be lying there wide awake worried about being tired the next day!

We bought a gliding crib for our room and then getting a cot that converts to a toddler bed for the baby's room. I'm not that keen on moses baskets, mainly because of our cat though! Nothing has been said to me about glucose test but maybe the midwives will say it to me when I''m in there next. :)

Nobody mentioned glucose tests to me either. We are getting a lend of Moses basket and baby will sleep in our room in that at night until 12 wks. (thats the plan) We bought a cot for nursery which I will use for when I need to shower and maybe for some day sleeps if I am upstairs until baby is 12 weeks. Baby will sleep downstairs in pram during the day for the first while anyway. I'm going to keep baby out of moses basket during the day if possible as apparently this helps to establish a good night time routine!!!!!

I cannot wait to finish work now being honest. Finding it very difficult with the lack of sleep. I have two wks off for Easter and plan to work as close to June as possible, but realistically that may not happen. I assume Dr will give us a cert if we are finding it too difficult????

During my Easter holidays I plan to visit creches and check them out as there are some with waiting lists. I will probably have to go back to work in September as I'm not permanent so baby will have to go to creche from 3 months old- poor babs. It'll break my heart!!!

Murdy I started getting bad knee pain two weeks ago and it eased now since weekend so hope Same for u as it is bad and wake u up.
    U defo haven't had easy ride pregnancy so need rest now to recover for arrival.
    I am hoping to take 11months off wit baby which will include unpaid so that's y I'm working now And i been lucky wit no sicknes We are doing so much work at home it's more relaxing in work as upstairs like building site ;)!
    Ahhhh we hav our pram on hold till June bank holiday aswel but half me dying for it so might ring to see if pay off early and get it next month ;)
    are u all going to breastfeeding classes I'm going try book one when in hospital next week!
    Are any u getting itchy nipples? I feel it this week and don't no what use!

Double b even if not permanent do they hav give u 26 weeks? Ah u can't feel guilt y we all hav work and it might be fine from 3 months! It's so hard Ro make these plans till baby Arrives! Sometimes i get carried Away but really it's hard to see past June and baby safe n arms!

• Advertisement

Yes on the itchy nipples!!! I've been finding when I take bra off its worse?! I use pure coconut oil as a moisturiser and find it fabulous for everything! Have any of you tried it? I used to use silcox base and aqueous cream but prefer this. Beware though it makes the shower or bath really slippy so be super careful!!!

Yeah its very exciting having the stuff bought, especially the pram. After losing my first baby girl it has really helped me to think positive and to believe that a healthy baby will be arriving in June. Having the room ready and bits n bobs sorted has really helped me stay sane! I am in no way superstitious after everything we went through so buying stuff and having it here is my way of getting throught the next few months until baby comes. Cannot believe we are al lentering final trimester. Yippy!!!!!!

Thanks Lynda - hopefully my legs will ease up as I'm 2 weeks behind you so we're on the same timescale! It's the only thing stopping me getting a good nights sleep. Doc said to use an anti-inflammatory cream so will do that tonight and see how I go.

I'm sure the doc will give you a cert if you need one, mine was throwing them at me when I was ill! Even now, he was very approving about me having given up work. It must be hard the further along you go! 2 weeks off at Easter will make a huge difference I'm sure. It might be nice to go back to work at 3 months and get into a routine, I feel really lucky that I'm in a situation to stay at home with my little one but I'd imagine it would be nice to get back to work as well at 3 months or whenever. I'm not sure how long I'll take off before looking for work. At the moment we're saying I'll have the second one before going back to work but maybe once I'm doing it I'll be desperate to get out of the house!

I was thinking of pram for day time sleeping too, just to get the baby used to day/night. We're in an apartment so sitting room is next to the bedroom anyway but I still think it will be a good idea. I'm petrified of the first few weeks and all the sleeplessness etc. Reading the threads in the newborn and toddlers forum can be scary!

DoubleB wrote: »
    Yes on the itchy nipples!!! I've been finding when I take bra off its worse?! I use pure coconut oil as a moisturiser and find it fabulous for everything! Have any of you tried it? I used to use silcox base and aqueous cream but prefer this. Beware though it makes the shower or bath really slippy so be super careful!!!

Yeah its very exciting having the stuff bought, especially the pram. After losing my first baby girl it has really helped me to think positive and to believe that a healthy baby will be arriving in June. Having the room ready and bits n bobs sorted has really helped me stay sane! I am in no way superstitious after everything we went through so buying stuff and having it here is my way of getting throught the next few months until baby comes. Cannot believe we are al lentering final trimester. Yippy!!!!!!

So glad you are feeling so positive! You're almost there as well, doc was saying to me today that I'm two trimesters down. Can you believe it? I find getting stuff in makes me feel sane too so I can only imagine how helpful it must be for you.

Hee hee, itchy nipples. I know I shouldn't laugh because I have it too and it's a pain but the child in me giggles :D I use cocoa butter on mine!

Yes we can't be superstitious just positive! It's nerve. Wrecking pregnant so can't imagine ur pain double b but keep up ur attitude! It's great to have!
    We are not superstitious and hav alot In house just pram not paid off and no room until work finished for it.
    I got quinny moodd hope im as happy wit that!
    I had been using Clarins oil but expensive so just bn using body cream and butter so must try coconut oil! One more week until final trimester for me ;)

lynda18 wrote: »
    Yes we can't be superstitious just positive! It's nerve. Wrecking pregnant so can't imagine ur pain double b but keep up ur attitude! It's great to have!
    We are not superstitious and hav alot In house just pram not paid off and no room until work finished for it.
    I got quinny moodd hope im as happy wit that!
    I had been using Clarins oil but expensive so just bn using body cream and butter so must try coconut oil! One more week until final trimester for me ;)

There seems to be lots of differing opinions on when the third trimester starts. I'm thinking 26 weeks is the accepted time? I'm really not sure. I was just glad when the doc was congratulating me for having two trimesters under my belt so I'm going to think in those terms:)

I love the Quinny prams - they're so funky and streamlined. I like the one we got but it is more bulky than the quinny ones when unfolded.

My book said last trimester from 28 weeks but I'm happy to go along wit 26 ;) ha ha ! Was awake from 3 30 again so keep going bed early to try get some sleep!
    Think our minds are more wound up than think and once woken for bathroom hard get back sleep;)

Morning all, hope you are all feeling good today.

Are ye all being woken needing to go to the bathroom? I wonder is it the way the baby is positioned that makes that happen. I'm awakened all through the night but never for the loo thankfully...

Morning all, hope you are all feeling good today.

Are ye all being woken needing to go to the bathroom? I wonder is it the way the baby is positioned that makes that happen. I'm awakened all through the night but never for the loo thankfully...

It doesn't wake me up at night but I do find the baby will be kicking my bladder and I'll need to pee really really badly but then when I go I won't need to go much at all. It's weird!

I wake most nights needing the loo the past couple of weeks. Some nights several times but I've been drinking a lot of water. But luckily I fall straight back asleep most of the time.

Second last day of commute :) yay!

• Advertisement

I wake most nights needing the loo the past couple of weeks. Some nights several times but I've been drinking a lot of water. But luckily I fall straight back asleep most of the time.

Second last day of commute :) yay!

Yay! You're almost there :)

Advertisement