Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due June 2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭sunshiner

i must have the weakest bladder ever! Hows everone feeling? my sinus are e starting to play up as spring is here which sucks.
    I still have no babies room im getting annoyed now, my fil is suppose to come to help us he is a carpenter and diy king but so far very little progress has been made,i just want it done already.

Im going to attempt to do do our massive garden today, its in dire need of cutting and pruning, so ill attempt it at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

sunshiner wrote: »
    i must have the weakest bladder ever! Hows everone feeling? my sinus are e starting to play up as spring is here which sucks.
    I still have no babies room im getting annoyed now, my fil is suppose to come to help us he is a carpenter and diy king but so far very little progress has been made,i just want it done already.

Im going to attempt to do do our massive garden today, its in dire need of cutting and pruning, so ill attempt it at least.

Fair play to you for doing the garden! I've had a lazy morning and now I feel bad :o

My husband is having surgery in two weeks so we're meeting soon to talk to his surgeon about recovery etc. He's taking a week off work so I will be in nurse mode :) Bit of a change for us as he had to do so much for me when the sickness was really bad. It'll be nice to have a week at home together though just to chill.

I might go for a swim later too. I've been going to aqua fit and it's been really helpful, can feel my strength going back up. I am the youngest person in the class by quite a few years though which is actually fun - the other ladies are really nice to me :) Are you guys doing much exercise? Swimming is all I feel able for, tbh.

ive done very little exercise tbh, i do my yoga every week and manage a walk with the doggies. but i need to do more.

Ive found out why skin is so itchy,im allergic to bio oil! its giving me a rash and hives, only today when i put it on and my skin felt like it was burning did i click what was going on. What are ye ladies using?i think i will go back to using vitamin e cream.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭aknitter

Hey good to see everyone is feeling better - the weather being nice has give me a lift tbh.

Sunshiner -I'm just using baby oil.

I was in Pennys lately and I saw the have tank tops for €2.50, great to stock up on a few bigger sizes for the bigger weeks ahead. I lived in them while I was breast feeding last time. Must keep an eye on the hubbys tshirts so I can pick one for the labour ward.

Went for a walk to the shop today and I am already feeling the pain! But I had to take my son for a walk he was going nuts didn't change anything though he was still very cross after. No idea what was/is up with him..... I would love to go for a swim but I worry that I'd over do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭lynda18

I have been commuting last two weeks wit work and then had funeral in family so feel I have not moved my legs and feeling crap for it! Going go walking this evening i hope.
    That's awful u where allergic bio oil no wonder u where so bad!
    A knitter whJat did u bring labour ward? Just light pjs then night dress for deliver?
    I no idea what to get! Got to pair cheap sock slippers!
    Really want try breastfeeding but feel I won't be able. Did u bf last time? When can u express from? After few weeks? I feel I'd like express sometimes to ensure baby getting milk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Blueskye

Zero exercise here. Just been way too tired. Before I got pregnant I was really fit and ran and was in the gym regularly but between MS and tiredness, I'm just not able. I did some weeding in the garden last week but was wrecked after it. The commute hasn't helped really.

Gosh that's mad re the bio oil. At least you figured it out. I use bio oil on my belly and silcocks base everywhere else.

Hope all goes ok for hubby's surgery Murdy.

Got a sore throat this eve. Anyone know any pregnant- friendly remedies??

I plan to breast feed both babies. My plan for the first 6 weeks is literally sit at home and feed. But I also know things may not work out but I really don't fancy sterilising and making up bottles for 2 babies. I'd recommend going to a local breast feeding class before due date, be as prepared as possible. Once I finish up in work I'm going to check one out.

Blueskye wrote: »
    Zero exercise here. Just been way too tired. Before I got pregnant I was really fit and ran and was in the gym regularly but between MS and tiredness, I'm just not able. I did some weeding in the garden last week but was wrecked after it. The commute hasn't helped really.

Gosh that's mad re the bio oil. At least you figured it out. I use bio oil on my belly and silcocks base everywhere else.

Hope all goes ok for hubby's surgery Murdy.

Got a sore throat this eve. Anyone know any pregnant- friendly remedies??

I plan to breast feed both babies. My plan for the first 6 weeks is literally sit at home and feed. But I also know things may not work out but I really don't fancy sterilising and making up bottles for 2 babies. I'd recommend going to a local breast feeding class before due date, be as prepared as possible. Once I finish up in work I'm going to check one out.

Gargling with salt is good for sore throats and definitely pregnancy friendly :) I plan to breastfeed too but no that it will be difficult. The hosp has a preparing for breastfeeding class the first Friday of every month so I'm going to go to that in May,

I bought three nightdresses in Penney's today for the hospital - one for labour and two for afterwards. I know the labour one will get chucked but I bought one with a black cat on it so I'd feel like my cat was there keeping my company! I am a mad woman :D

Ha ha. Definitely mad :) cool thanks I 'll try the salt. I need to get nighties too.

I got mine in Penneys - 6EUR each. Bargain :) I'm not a nightdress wearer usually but I had heard from other mums that pyjamas are a bit sore on your lady parts after giving birth so nightdresses are better.

I might get a big mens t-shirt for labour instead and save my cat nightdress for afterwards :D

No I don't wear nightdresses either. Got one in Dunnes a few weeks ago but it's hideous. I'm likely having a section so will need 4 or 5 of them. I must head to Penny's.

• Advertisement

The Penneys ones are nice enough, as nightdresses go! I was with my hubby today so it was just a quick in and out but going to go in and have a look myself on Friday. They had nice scarves and shoes and things - always good purchases for pregnant women when you can't really buy clothes :)

Ya I got some polka dot 'converse' there last week. Their scarves are great. Oh I miss nice clothes...

i second the tepid water and salt its yucky but works well. Also garlic and ginger will help bring up your immune system to fight off nasty bacteria.

must have a look for a nightie too, i was thinking of a wearing a vestie top for labour,i was hoping to use water for some of the labour.Have any of ye thought about a birth plan? im doing a workshop the end of the month so looking forward to getting some info.

sunshiner wrote: »
    i second the tepid water and salt its yucky but works well. Also garlic and ginger will help bring up your immune system to fight off nasty bacteria.

must have a look for a nightie too, i was thinking of a wearing a vestie top for labour,i was hoping to use water for some of the labour.Have any of ye thought about a birth plan? im doing a workshop the end of the month so looking forward to getting some info.

I have a birth plan, it's short and succint. Give me an epidural as soon as possible please - my husband has been made aware of this. :D My antenatal classes start soon and I'm sure will be all about pain methods and other things we can take and trying to put us off epidurals but I'm adamant I want an epidural as soon as I'm at the right stage! My biggest fear about labour is I'll be begging for an epidural and they'll keep putting me off until it's too late or they'll flat out refuse to give me one.

Beyond that I'm not super fussed - I'd rather not have a forceps delivery, if possible (due to the risk of incontinence) but to be honest whatever it takes to get baby out safely is fine with me, be that induction, c section, forceps, vacuum whatever.

i think id like to try it for awhile with breathing techniques, try the water, maybe gas n air if needed. Thats my plan, but if im very bad or its long like 2 days id go down the pain relief road.

I am same as murdy pain relief whole way;) hope no forceps. My fear is going through labour pains then getting sectioned!

lynda18 wrote: »
    I have been commuting last two weeks wit work and then had funeral in family so feel I have not moved my legs and feeling crap for it! Going go walking this evening i hope.
    That's awful u where allergic bio oil no wonder u where so bad!
    A knitter whJat did u bring labour ward? Just light pjs then night dress for deliver?
    I no idea what to get! Got to pair cheap sock slippers!
    Really want try breastfeeding but feel I won't be able. Did u bf last time? When can u express from? After few weeks? I feel I'd like express sometimes to ensure baby getting milk

lynda -I got a list from the hospital about what to bring to the labour ward and then for the longer stay. It says to bring one nappy & baby gro, a pad and underwear for after (I bought disposable ones and they are great), an old nightie or t-shirt, medication if you are on any (for me asthma inhaler) and then anything that will make your stay more comfortable for you eg lip balm or music.
    I have two and breastfed both - the eldest for 6 weeks and the 2nd for about 3-4 months. I'd say your best bet is to ask at the hospital re the expressing and other things - I didn't start expressing until the 2nd was 6 weeks old and can't remember what it was for the eldest. Though I am sure if you want to give it a go they should at least show you how its done before you are left home, especially if its the first child. But each hospital is different. They did show me when my eldest came along but that was 14 years ago.

Just be aware that anyone you talk to will say something different. Give bottle, don't give bottle, use a shield or don't, my advise is to give things a go and see how it works out. Remember there are 2 of you involved aswell, the baby will like somethings more than others and I am sick of reading things like "just preserve and it will get better" all the while you are convinced that you are wrong and have failed miserably - I think its a form of torture. For example I had to leave my 2nd child with my mother for a few hours when he was 3 months old so I left a load of expressed milk too. I found afterwards that he'd only take from the breast under protest and eventually refused all together. Its easier for them to take from a bottle and thats what he wanted. So I was expressing and sterilizing etc. I would have about 1 hour between feeds to get anything done (not ideal with a another one to look after). But I thought that this is the best etc and just go with it but I eventually saw sense (for me) and I said to hell with it and weaned him off and on to formula. But at this stage he was going onto solids anyway so it was grand. But he was happier on the formula, he is a big boy - he's 2 in April and I bought him clothes at 3-4 last week (he's destined for the rugby pitch), he has a size 9 foot and is as stubborn today as ever its just the way he is.

Thanks for the advice aknitter, I'm a bit scared of breastfeeding tbh and I think it's just the pressure everyone puts on you to do it for as long as possible and all the conflicting advice. I will do my best to breastfeed exclusively for as long as I can but I'm not beating myself up over it if it doesn't work out. It's the same with the epidural thing, some women look down on you if you have one. It's not a competition, we all just want our babies here as safe and easily as possible! I've already had a friend who has never even been pregnant tell me I shouldn't get one. I just ignore her, it's not her body!

Had an awful nights sleep - the ligament in my knee is really bad. I was awake for hours putting deep heat on it, hot water bottles and walking around. I fell back asleep at about 8 just as mu husband was getting up and then woke up at 11.30 all groggy. Luckily he said he didn't notice so I didn't disturb him to much. It's so painful and not much I can do about it :(

Hope everyone else slept well!

It's awful being awake all night. How is the pain today?

I had a bad night too. Felt a bit nauseous going to bed, dashed to loo, throwing up for ages. Headache, black spots in my eyes and my throat is still very swollen. Got about 3 hrs sleep I'd say. Had to call in sick this morn for my last day so looks like I'll have to go in tomorrow if I can manage it. Been dozing all morning. Feel like crap.

It's awful being awake all night. How is the pain today?

I had a bad night too. Felt a bit nauseous going to bed, dashed to loo, throwing up for ages. Headache, black spots in my eyes and my throat is still very swollen. Got about 3 hrs sleep I'd say. Had to call in sick this morn for my last day so looks like I'll have to go in tomorrow if I can manage it. Been dozing all morning. Feel like crap.

:( Sounds horrible. I've had a few nights like that where the vomiting comes on. At least from now on if you are sick you don't need to worry about going into work. It's taken a huge weight off for me.

Pain is still there but if I get up and about and do things around the house it starts to feel better. It's something to do the way I hold me knee when sleeping or something so not much I can do. Take it easy today anyway!

• Advertisement

murdy - that sounds awful. Can't say I have anything to offer only sympathy! BTW thanks for the tip on the rice pudding - it worked a treat.

Its a big bug bear of mine people offering advise about stuff they have no idea about and it won't end with the birth. I had my husbands unmarried uncle advise us on feeding the small fella last night (he is refusing to eat his dinner of spuds and chicken). No offense to the guy but he's never had kids or been allowed to look after them. I got frustrated and so annoyed. But on the other hand sometimes you hear things and you might pick up something that will serve you right on those nights where the child is screaming and you have no idea why.

I (still) can't get over how some people feel they can tell you what to do - as if you are 2! Though wait until the bump is bigger and we start getting the touching of the bump - you don't randomly go around touching other peoples midrifs why me?!

Its funny I am on the other side of what you are saying about the epidural. When I had my first I went to he Erinville here in Cork and they and the Bons shared an anesthetization (i know its spelled wrong!) so the epidural was only available depending on the day you went in. i went in when he wasn't there so my only options were gas and air or pethadine. I used gas and air and it was great - in the middle of labour and I am giggling away! That was an 8 hour labour - it went smoothly. Second time around I said I'd do the same again but it was so different - I went from having a contraction every 6 - 7 mins and 2 centimeters dialated to baby in my arms after 1 hour 40 mins - it was so fast I couldn't regualate my breathing to get the gas to work properly or ask for anything not to mind sitting still for the epidural. So people seem to think I am some kind of martyr to the cause or a hippy or something. But like you what ever floats your boat. Now (and not to influence you or anything) but any of my cousins on both sides of my family who have had an epidural have had back problems afterwards - bad backs do run in the family so my choice is to avoid the epi if at all possible.

Ha - your post rang so true. I've already had so much advice from people that is given in the form of "you have to do this" or "you can't do that" - drives me mad! I hear ya on the epidural, each to their own and it's whatever works for you. I would never dream about telling another woman what to do or what's best for her. We all have to decide for ourselves :) I'm not sure why people with no experience feel the need to tell you what to do. I've just stopped saying anything about it to friends etc which is a shame but it's just easier. That's why this thread is great!

I'm hoping I also have an 8 hour labour, not 28 hours! My mum's labours were 6 and 8 hours and so far my pregnancy has been so similar to hers so fingers crossed!

Thanks Murdy. I actually start a new job next week, should have happened months ago, won't go into it but they know I'm pregnant. Can't see me lasting too long but I could do without it TBH.

In our antenatal class, the midwife was all against epidural but most of the mums said they will want it. I certainly would if having normal delivery. She was even trying to convince us not to use anaesthetic at the dentist :eek: just to practice breathing when having a filling etc....

It's true about people having strong opinions, about parenting, about labour. A really good friend of mine gave me a very hard time about likely having a section. I'm sorry I told her now, it's really no-one's business how baby comes out once everyone is ok. There are so many factors involved and each labour is so very different. But for some reason, people feel they can almost tell you what you should do. I'm just saying as little as possible to people now. Makes it easier.

Luckily I've had no one touch my belly yet. I've heard of strangers doing it but I would not be impressed.

In our antenatal class, the midwife was all against epidural but most of the mums said they will want it. I certainly would if having normal delivery. She was even trying to convince us not to use anaesthetic at the dentist :eek: just to practice breathing when having a filling etc....

wtf?!!! :eek: That's just sadistic. I'm a bit grumpy at the moment so if anything is said like that in my antenatal classes I might get a bit uppity!

That's crazy you'll be starting a new job, hope it goes ok and not too stressful. Not long to go for you anyway :)

I must hav a huge bump cause people keep touching it! My mother In law and even a male boss :) it's wierd cause can't give out only laugh!
    I didnt sleep either was up wit wierd darting stomach pains I was frightened! My boss said i am very pale today ! So must look wrecked! Getting work at home and tiring me out too! Also feel my partner going even lazier now I'm tired and everything keeps catching up on me! Just bad day!

Would a knee support help murdy?

God bluesky that's rough wit sickness! Rest all day now !

lynda18 wrote: »
    I must hav a huge bump cause people keep touching it! My mother In law and even a male boss :) it's wierd cause can't give out only laugh!
    I didnt sleep either was up wit wierd darting stomach pains I was frightened! My boss said i am very pale today ! So must look wrecked! Getting work at home and tiring me out too! Also feel my partner going even lazier now I'm tired and everything keeps catching up on me! Just bad day!

Would a knee support help murdy?

God bluesky that's rough wit sickness! Rest all day now !

Yeah, I was thinking of getting some kind of support if it keeps up or maybe sleeping with it propped up on a pillow. I bought a body pillow (his name is Cedric) so I might sleep with that tonight and see if it helps.

Sorry to hear you're sleeping badly too - we're all in the wars! :)

sorry to hear your still in pain murdy :(
    Blueskye - i hope your feeling a bit better.

Have a heat pack on my back today,overdid the gardening yesterday.

Im not looking forward to randomers touching me, i was only just telling mr sunshiner about it. And he was surprised this happens. I bump has exploded in size as everyone has a comment about it,which is annoying. im rather grumpy today so peoples comments arent going down well.

Ha ha it's like pregnancy turns us into animals in zoo!!! I'm looking forward to having myself back! Over exhausted pains everywhere as if flu! Hope all have nice bank holiday plans!!

I'm as grumpy myself today too. Just don't feel like myself, I'm aching all over and my knees are killing me. Can't put my finger on it but I feel a bit fluey or something, just not quite right. Baby is kicking like a mad thing though so I suppose that's the main thing!

Funny we're all having a grumpy day together :)

My friend lives in the States and has another friend expecting a baby soon. She was asking me what we'd like as a baby present and was telling me about this really cute newborn sleeper thing her friend got called a rock n play http://www.fisher-price.com/en_Us/products/51903 It looks really cute and handy for the sitting room as we're not getting a moses basket. She said she'd look into getting it for us and sending it over. I haven't seen it here anywhere. That cheered my up a lot, love looking at cute baby things!!

• Advertisement

Yes me too! Ur geting great presents murdy! Argos hav great baby sale on! For pregnancy pillow bottle set and steriliser half price ! Worth having look. Cots bouncers and car seats reduced and monitors!

Advertisement