Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due June 2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭DoubleB

Hi Everyone,

I've just been catching up on some of your posts. Lots of decisions being made by you guys. Jenni it sounds like you have been having a tought time. The course sounds heavy going so your new plan might be the way to go. I'm sure it'll all work out just dandy.

Kranky Kitty sounds like a great decision to take the advice given and finish up. I would absolutely love to be in that position and if my back keeps giving me hardship then hopefully my dr will sign me off. Is it as easy as explaining you are finding work too difficult I wonder. Would absolutely hate saying good bye to my babies in school(teach infants) but if I thought I wasn't doing my job to my best then its only fair on them as well as me. I've so much to do in work over the coming weeks though before I could even consider feeling happy about leaving.

Murdy and everyone else who offered to pass on tips etx from classes, thank you so much that would be so kind of you all. Also thanks for the kind words.

My baby has started sticking body parts out through my tummy now. It's gas!! My hubby is absolutely amazed by it as am I. Imagine guys, our babies could arrive any day and still be fit and healthy!!! How fantsatic. I wonder which of us will be first to go?

I've just finished packing my hospital bags this evening and gave my husband a briefing on their contents so he knows what to grab. I need to print my birth plan and stick it in too I can always make changes later. In around 2-3 wks I'm going to keep bags in the car I think.

Wow its so real now guys!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭Jennii.

Oh wow Double B that's so exciting :) Congratulations and best of luck!! Thank you for your kind words :) I hope it all will be fine from now on!!

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭lynda18

Hi all! Monday morning again ;( ah I am actually glad feeling back to self again and going to work.
    Last night my aunty called down wit some stuff she had in attic she had monitor and crib and travel cot so delighte! Just need mattress for crib.
    Made final list and still alot to go but this week going get end stuff for hospital bag and hav that packed and ready
    31 weeks today. Never thought get so far! Bump is soooo big now was looking at photos of last summer and hard to believe the change.

Jenni glad u feeling better and positive! Happy mammy is happy baby. U sound very strong and u will manage great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Good work on the bags being packed Lynda! I did mine over the weekend but still have a few bits and pieces to get. Will get them over the next few weeks.

Experiencing a lot of shortness of breath today and last night - I know it's normal in third trimester but I'm finding being conscious of my breathing is a bit scary. I'm just lying down so there's no extra oxygen requirements! Got my hubby's cold so that's not helping at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭aknitter

Jennii great to hear you sound so positive. I am assuming you are in either LIT or UL, before you finish with exams maybe it might be an idea to chat to the college to see what the set up is around creches and maybe doing your science course part time. Though a year out is a great idea - when I did my leaving my eldest was 8 months old and that was not easy so I deferred for a year and those 12 months made a huge difference. Management in Dunnes sounds like a good idea but I know the hours are long and its a stressful job, in the long term would your current course land you a job with greater salary expectations and prospects (I did the whole retail thing in Tesco!). Just have a think. Also you said the job in dunnes was seasonal, the SW are a nightmare to deal with at the best of times, you could be better off only working say 20 hours a week and then claiming the full SW benefit rather then having to go to them every time you are told there are not enough hours or whatever. Best talk to someone who is in the same position. BTW why aren't you going out with your fella? Go while you can!

For some guys it doesn't become real until there is a baby physically there that they can see and hold, you might see a big difference in him once the baby is here. Send him to the credit union to see after a loan for a security course or whatever - that's his job now, everything is not up to you. Most of all don't worry it will work out.

Double B - so organised! My baby stuff is still in the attic and I am waiting for our carpenter to finish up before I get it going (hoping to do it soon as I am getting a little anxious to have it done). If you leave your bag in the car could the clothes get very cold? I'm keeping mine inside the front door!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭sunshiner

hey ladies, just back from one enormous wait in the hospital ( coz of bankholiday) I havent even packed a bag yet, i still have to get for it, i will do on thursday. I found a good sheet on what to pack http://www.mummypages.ie/tools/packing-your-hospital-bag-print

How is everyone feeling! I definitely hav the tiredness from start back again. I went walk after work and couldn't move when home . Went bed at 9 30 and s struggle get up ! Baby woke me few times kicking. They nearly getting sore!

That is great list for hospital bag. We going pregnancy fare this weekend.

Hav Thursday off this week to break up week. No energy or five days of work now!

join up the sma website lynda theyre giving away free tickets

Getting up must be hard Lybda, I don't envy you! I'm still all stuffed up and struggling to breath but actually didn 't sleep too badly. I was awake for a while but went back asleep about. 8 and just woke up!

Thanks for the list Sunshiner! One of the things I need to get is snacks. Apparently the hospital gives you your evening meal at 4.30/5pm and nothing after that and I'm a late eater! Not sure what to get though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

Hey all. Been on a bit of a hibernate since work on Friday. I really am beginning to realise how much stress I was putting myself trying to work with pain/lack of sleep for such a long time. I was off for a week over Easter, then worked for a few days and I felt really unwell from exhaustion all weekend and yesterday. I think it was affecting my mood and eating habits too, it has been such a chore to eat properly when you're so tired you feel it's too much effort.

I feel like baby is going from side to side here over the past few days. When she moves like that (not just kicking/punching) I get this really weird feeling, almost breathless and nauseous. Anyone else get that or am I just a weirdo :) It reminds me a bit of that feeling I get when it's about to thunder!

Hope everyone is doing good!

• Advertisement

Are you feeling better KK now that you're off? I found it too hard to eat well when I was working too. I was just too tired to care which probably made me more tired!

I'm sick in bed with this bloody cold. Doing some knitting and watching one born every minute but I'm getting antsy to do stuff around the house. The episode I'm watching now has the woman screaming and freaking out like a banshee. It's scaring me now so may need to turn it off :(

went shopping for a few bits in the town near me, will have to take a trip to cork,for pjs.
    Murdy did you try the steam for your cold?
    Baby is in breach and is loving headbutting me and kicking me in the bladder :P
    Im going to second the tiredness, im sleeping longer but no time or energy for much.Gestational diabetes test came back fine :D

Kitty - no you are not odd - I'm getting kicked into the bladder and then have a massive urge to pee and it won't go away until I do, even if its just a few drops! :) Little fella is still breech and I could have sworn last night s/he was shifting to head down.

Sunshiner - penneys have some good cheap night wear (great in case they get destroyed and you want to dump them afterwards).

Murdy I don't know how you watch that, I am in floods if I see it!

He's to sleep deprivation and heartburn which are back with a vengeance!

Fingers crossed the breech babies turn soon! My little man has been head down for a while so hopefully he stays that way. Getting kicked in the bladder is not fun! Don't envy you ladies :)

I have been in floods here aknitter! I like to watch it because the women always say they can't do it and then they do and are fine. Gives me hope!

Did the steam Sunshiner, it helped for a little bit but the breathlessness means I can't do much. It's so annoying! Thanks for the tip :) about to get in the bath now. I'd love something greasy for dinner but going to resist!

Oh and I got my nightwear in penneys too. Got a mix of nightdresses and cropped jammies with button down fronts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭Jennii.

we went SW today, finally sorted :) Such a relief. Also left car lights on all night, so killed my battery :( can't believe how forgetful I'm getting.

I'm actually in college in Sligo haha, so no family anywhere near, the year off sounds so appealing now, but with money coming in, it's a choice now and not necessary as it started out :)
    I'm definitely not going to stress anymore about this till little one is here :)

only 10 weeks left ladies!! is everybody's pregnancy going easier? I feel all weighed down now haha, so breathless and exhausted ha. It'll be so worth it, I cannot wait to cuddle my little girl. I feel like it's just going to make everything okay!

Having your little girl will make everything ok!! So glad you got the SW sorted, must be a huge weight off your mind :)

10 weeks seems so long to me but hopefully it will fly. Have a funny feeling I'll go overdue and end up with a July baby. Really hope that doesn't happen. One of the OBEM episodes I watched today was about prem babies, one at 23 weeks! Makes me feel bad for wanting the baby here, he's better off in there and being late :)

aknitter - yeah ill check them out, hopefully on thursday, its much harder to get stuff when you live in the sticks.

Jenni thats great news,you must be relieved. i didnt lock my car today i came back and was so shocked at myself.

Murdy i met a lady yesterday and she had her first baby at 31 weeks:eek: and the poor lady has to go to the hospital every 2 weeks with this pregnancy

31 weeks would be so scary! My friend's sis had hers at 32 weeks - was a big shock! They actually took her placenta away for tests and said if she and another she's likely to go early again and will need more monitoring. The lady you met must be the same.

I may bitch and moan but I'm happy for my lil one to stay put for a while! I only hit 29 weeks yesterday.

Have fun shopping in Penneys on Thursday! I bought myself some shoes and a scarf and things to make myself feel less like a blob when I was buying my night things :D

Yes in some ways be dying get body back to me but when got scare last week I really don't want baby till good and strong! 38 weeks be prefect ;)

Really getting on ok in day just bout managing work and going walks at lunch Etc but when get home I'm just dead ! Pressure pains below and shivers back pain u name it. Pushing self do some tidying now could nearly go be already :) terrible!

• Advertisement

Hi Ladies,
    How are you all? I can identify with so many of the issues yee are having. Especially the breathlessness and forgetfulness. I woke up gasping for breath last night as I had rolled onto my back. It was a horrible feeling.

Sunshiner- did the babs who was born at 31 weeks do ok after? I'm almost 31 weeks. Just can't believe our little babies are getting nearer to arrival. It is getting very exciting.

I came home from work today and don't actually remember the drive home I was so tired. I slept for half an hour when I got home. Work is so tough at the minute. I am on my feet constantly and most days end up missing lunch or break due to yard duty or dealing with sick child or other issues.

This is totally TMI now but just wondering do any of you have a milky discharge at the min? I feel it could be trush. I was taking a probiotic tab every second day but I may start taking one every day.

ALso just on the bag packing for hospital. Are yee packing cot sheets for the baba? I haven't and was told that the hosp will supply them. Think I'll just bring one. I am having serious issues with sizes too for babs clothing. All except 2 of my baby gros are 0-3 months and they just look HUGE. I wonder will they be ok? The 2 newborns look so tiny beside them. Same with vests. How many pjs are yee packing? I'm bringing 2 nighties and 1 pj set. Suppose hubby can get me more if I need them. I may buy a nursing bra or 2 also which I totally forgot about. Any cheap yet nice ones that yee spotted online?

Double B - I had the same thing for a while not sure what it was but the swab didn't show anything bad. This is going to sound weird but I swear it works put some natural yogurt on yourself, its messy but it really works and as its chilled its really soothing. The doctor was very impressed when I told him how I sorted it, I even put a bit inside (not too far just where the itch is).

The hospital will supply sheets but I will bring my own blanket as theirs are so well worn and you want them to look nice when the visitors arrive!
    I'm bringing 3 pjs too, the bag fills up fast. As for bras avoid the mothercare ones they are expensive and not great at all, the straps are too thin, cutting your shoulder and when you pull down the cup to feed you are left with a narrow strap holding the bra and its just not enough support. I am waiting until closer to the time before I get measured as I think some weight will go on before then. Actually penneys do a nursing bra and they are ok, plenty support when the cup is down and for the price they are fine. I'm going to check out marks and spencer for mine.

Lynda = keep an eye on your pains and if they get worse ask for a referral to the physio, my pains were put down as pressure pains last time and I am in agony now with so many issues that you wouldn't believe, some which I am even too embarrassed to go through here.

Sunshiner, murdy & jennie = can you believe that people think baby brain is a myth?

No discharge here - don't want to be gross but what's the consistency like? In my experience thrush is quite lumpy (sorry, that is gross!)

I packed pillowcases for cot sheets - not 100% sure if we need them in the hospital we're in but I know in some hospitals you do and they put it on the list of things to pack (you need them in The Coombe for example).

Most of my babygros/vests are 0 - 3 months as well. Best to have them slightly big, imo. I have one newborn outfit and 3 up to 1 month babygros from Next. If the baby is small and I need some Newborn stuff I'll send my mum off to get some but I don't think my baby will be less than 7.5lbs so hopefully what I have will be ok.

I also packed 2 nighties and 2 pjs plus one extra nightie for delivery. My maternity bras are nursing bras so I'll just bring them. Again, if my boobs get even bigger when the milk comes in (am already an E cup :eek:). I'm going to send my mum to m and s to get some bigger sizes. I bought the two packs of maternity/nursery bras there and found them great for pregnancy. They have the clips on them for nursing too. I'm thinking after I leave hospital if I need more bras etc I can always go get them or order online if I'm not able to move around much.

aknitter wrote: »
    Double B - I had the same thing for a while not sure what it was but the swab didn't show anything bad. This is going to sound weird but I swear it works put some natural yogurt on yourself, its messy but it really works and as its chilled its really soothing. The doctor was very impressed when I told him how I sorted it, I even put a bit inside (not too far just where the itch is).
    Sunshiner, murdy & jennie = can you believe that people think baby brain is a myth?
    I totally do that for thrush aknitter, and i eat lots of yougarts ( live ones) too.
    babybrain is so not a myth,i forget words all the time.

I saw someone recommend bring pillow cases for the cot sheets as they differ in size etc. Really smart idea.

Nursing bra yeah i must get one in m&s like you murdy im an E cup and tbh i think i may need an F :( they seem to be getting bigger :eek
    Pjs I was gona bring 2 pairs, and a nightie for labour, also i was gona bring a few vest tops for easy access for feeding.

sunshiner - I didn't mean to eat the yogurt, use it as canesten....I swear it works wonders....

oh right, lol i use Live yogart, you can use it the same way as the cream! sounds odd but it works

Murdy that baby was fine at 31 weeks she said they left her take her home at 34 weeks which i was suprised at.

Thanks ladies yee are so informative will deffo try using the yoghurt down below as I have heard this before.might just pack one cotton pillow case so. I'm sure I have a cotton one here somewhere. Wow- home at 34 wks. That's great. So glad the baby was ok. A little girl I teach was born very early like 10 wks or more and she is just perfect and beautiful! Not sure how long she was in for.

DoubleB - often docs recommend you dip a tampon in the yoghurt and use that but I think I read in my pregnancy book not to do that when pregnant. You might need to sit and baste yourself!

My friends sis had her baby at 32 weeks and he was home 3 weeks later too

Looks like they are ready when they are ready and will com on their own schedule!!

• Advertisement

wow im wrecked today, lots of downward pressure, i feel like im defo waddling - or the constipated duck walk as one of ye aptly named it hehe. My other half is really sick so im minding him ( he has deficent immnune system)plenty of practice for the little one to be i guess.
    Off to yoga tonight its my one relief where i can get away from everything.

Advertisement