Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due June 2013

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Yeah, We have a crib for beside our bed (bought it second hand) so baby will sleep in our room for first 6months, then move to cot in the nursery after that. I think most people do that these days :)

I was recommended to have cot built in the nursery as it can be handy to pop them in it to keep them safe if you need to wash your hands after changing them or something like that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭aknitter

Welcome paperclip, I don't have a nursery, this is my 3rd and will share with his/her older brother (2 years old) - putting baba next to me for the first couple of months. Actually breastfeeding makes the night feeds so much easier - I fell asleep a few times with my first 2!

Murdy I'm due the 24th too! Here's hoping we go early. Pleanty hot baths, spicy foods and long walks from 38 weeks! :)

I have nothing organised, we still have the carpenters here and I am reluctant to get anything down until they are gone. I am looking for a single unisex baby gro and vest - not a set as such just one of each (in cool cotton as it'll be june and hopefully warm) but I am having no luck. I want the baby to have the first thing it wears to be new - it'll be wearing a lot of hand me downs (I have an older girl and boy). But I can't find them. Yes dump the birthing suit - hubby's old t-shirt will be grand. Anyone know where I can get one?
    Like the rest of ye - I hate the whole blue for a boy, pink for a girl thing!

I have a busy weekend ahead - my boy is 2 tomorrow! The time flies so fast.

Just thought - Cameras for the hospital bag.

Hubby has already warned me he will be filming me pre and post labour. I'm not super thrilled but he's excited so will roll with it. As long as no photos/videos are taken in labour!

Didn't realise we had the same due date aknitter, that's exciting! Are you looking for just one set with babygro and vest for baby's first outfit? Have you tried h and m? I got a cotton set there with babygro, two vest, leggings, t-shirt, hat and bib. It's unisex as well. It wasn't too expensive either. I can understand you wanting to wait until the work is done on the house to sort your room out, I 'd be the same. Happy birthday to your little one anyway!!

Having Brixton hicks this evening, first time I've noticed them. They're not painful, just uncomfortable. I told my husband but all he heard was the word contractions and he freaked out. I think we know who the calm one is going to be when I really am in labour!!

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭lynda18

Ha ha murdy ur poor husband.

I went getting bits to pack my hospit bag ! Think hav it all now just hav double check when pack. Went penny's for night Gowan but couldn't find suitable pjs and actually found some lounge gear expensive for penny's.mother care hav plenty nursing Pjs and tops half price and only 5 and 10 euro so goin go back there tomorrow for some!

Bad pressure pain today and doing anything to avoid getting off seat ;) ha

How are u all! ? Let my oh out for few drinks. Think ok going hav a early night!
    Welcome paperclipgaurd. I am due tenth June and left a suprise of the sex too.
    Murdy any good tips from classes yest?
    Hope u all well!

Murdy - I laughed when I read about your husband - I gave mine a heart attack when I woke up with a leg cramp! Ya I am only looking for one baby gro and vest - I'll give h&m a look. I have loads from the little man and he grew so fast they were barely used.

Same here with surprise baby sex (though I will put money on it being a boy!).

• Advertisement

Yes I put money on too for me having Boy!Some cute cotton ones mother care too and 50% off! Full
    Price is very expensive in there!!

Leg cramps are killer and scare me too
    Sometimes !!

Really starting feel so big and awkward can't wait now till hav it.
    Packed bags and now hav 3 lists before baby. What's needed to finish bags, needed for baby arrival and what house jobs be done for arrival. Getting through lists and busy few weeks in work will
    Keep me more than busy anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

Welcome paperclip!! I'm due on 30th May (33 weeks this week) so am a tag-along to the June thread :) Am having a girl according to the 22 week scan. A few people have commented that she looks like me but I don't see it. No nursery yet as I was in the middle of looking for somewhere new to live, which hasn't really materialised, so I think baby will just be in the room in a crib/basket or whatever.

Haven't packed any bags but have started getting the stuff together. Bought a few packs of the granny knickers in Penneys and have the PJ's and toiletries lined up. Just need to put on a baby wash and get the babygros and vests washed.

Murdy, I was getting the braxton hicks about two weeks ago but haven't got any recently at all. I think it was them anyway, the bump went really hard and I got an "ick" feeling but it wasn't sore. Was that what you got?

The baby moved over the past few days and has managed to find some nerve or something that she likes to kick/punch every now and then, it gives me a shockwave all down my leg and I can't help but roar! Hope it doesn't happen when I'm in public!

In other news finished knitting my baby blanket at last..

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭DoubleB

Good morning everyone. Great to hear everybody so excited. I'm starting to feel excited now too.

Welcome Paperclip- I'm due 13th June but in my head I feel ill go early have nothing to base that on. On the breathing thing... I'm the very same especially in the evenings. Can't get a breath in and it actually feels as thou my disphragm can't expand it's scary. It feels as thou its only since baby has moved from breech position this has happened. Hope u get relief soon.

Murdy- you are so good to think of me for passing on the info from class I will deffo appreciate that.

I had a dream last night that I woke up from an operation to find my sis n hubby and other family members were holding and minding baby and would let me have nothing to do with babs. Baby had a soother in mouth and I was trying to say I don't want the baby to have one and they just kept telling me to rest- nightmare!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭DoubleB

Me again- need advice re babygros. Have bought about 5 0-3 months they are deffo too big looking for a newborn. Bought 2 newborn they look too small for an 8 pound baby. What/ where have yee bought baby gros for the first few days/ wks for baby? I'm in a mission today to get some for hospital stay. Also hav yee packed anything for a tiny baby in case ye go early?! I'm also going to buy vit d drops today. If yee got these what brand did ye get?

DoubleB wrote: »
    Me again- need advice re babygros. Have bought about 5 0-3 months they are deffo too big looking for a newborn. Bought 2 newborn they look too small for an 8 pound baby. What/ where have yee bought baby gros for the first few days/ wks for baby? I'm in a mission today to get some for hospital stay. Also hav yee packed anything for a tiny baby in case ye go early?! I'm also going to buy vit d drops today. If yee got these what brand did ye get?

I bought some babygros in Next that are up to one month so that could be a good compromise? They look bigger than newborn but not as massive as the 0 -3 months ones. Most newborn stuff is for babies under 7.5lbs and I think my baby will be bigger than that so I only bought 1 newborn outfit. I also bought vests and some babygros in Penneys in. 0-3 months and they don't look too massive to me. If the baby is prem or the 0 -
    3 months are just too big I'll be sending my mum out to get some stuff, I think getting some stuff in case is a bit of a waste! Would rather stuff was a little bit big on him.

Yep, that's what the Brixton hicks felt like! Bump tensed up and it didn't feel too nice. My husband had one hand on my bump when one happened and he couldn't believe the sensation!

• Advertisement

Yes I got two baby grows for new born up to 10ibs and even new born in dunnes baby grows are huge! Didnt buy any tiny baby will hav do same as murdy and dash for them if needed! But hav feeling this monster bump has a monster baby inside :)

I must get vitamin d drops! Did u all pack towels in labour bag or main bag?

What did u all buy to bring baby home in? Youse get an all in one coat or just wrapping blanket? Think ill get coat as summer prob will not be that warm ;)

Also are youse packing hair dryers etc?

Hav alot of visitors calling was just hoovering and got awful pressure pain. Oh the things that used be so simple ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭Jennii.

it's hard not to worry a bit about going into labour during exams (next month)...but it'll be fine...be grand they said!!

Oh gosh, I'm terrified of going into labour during exams haha, but I have my own room, with a few other students who need assistance with reading and writing, so hopefully if anything happens, I'll be grand. Sure it's better than being in a hall of 200 + students aye?

Jennii. wrote: »
    Oh gosh, I'm terrified of going into labour during exams haha, but I have my own room, with a few other students who need assistance with reading and writing, so hopefully if anything happens, I'll be grand. Sure it's better than being in a hall of 200 + students aye?

When I was first year in college a girl went into labour in the exam hall. It was only early labour though so she was having irregular contractions. She was near me and didn't look too comfortable! She finished the exam though and did quite well. So it can be done!! :D

Lynda, I am packing a hair drier, just in case. I prob won't give a **** what i look like but I've really thick hair so it stays wet all day if it's not dried!

Oh, and I have on towel in labour bag and one in main bag, plus one for baby

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭paperclipgrad

Wow, that sounds intense! I can't imagine focusing on an exam while baby's making its way through...although if it comes while I'm in the exam I'm a bit screwed as I'm supposed to be having it in Limerick and exams are in Dublin! Would I just go to the Dublin hospital or try and make my way back to Limerick....hmm...

It's not just me who's hungry ALL THE TIME these days, is it?

nom nom nom husband go to the shop and get more food for meeee...

Paperclip - I can be like that - its like feed the starving multitudes at times :) but babs shifted position and I can only eat small and often now and no spicy as the heartburn is crazy, think he's under the stomach!

I would always buy 0-3 month size baby gros and if (god forbid) you need smaller they can be dashed for. The sleeves can be rolled back. Its actually scary how fast they grow in the first while, some of you will have a stacks of babygros and the babs might only get to wear them once or twice. I found what I was looking for in boots - a single baby gro and vest in a nice cream colour (not a big fan of white), so picked them up.

If people are asking you want you want or need its a good idea to ask for clothes in the 9-12 month or 12-18 month ages. I got a few bits for both my 2 and they were so unsuitable for the time of year that they would have been for (summer clothes which would fit the boss in the dead of winter).

I'm a bit of a fatty fatty fat fat at the moment too - loving my grub :) also peeing so much. Because I was so sick in the first trimester and wasn't keeping much fluids down I never had the needing to pee all the time problem so bit of a surprise now!

Aknitter, in case you wanted to get another outfit I just called into Heatons and they had cute babygro/vest sets in yellow and white with a bib that said born in 2013. So cute! 100% cotton as well so might be a nice one to get for your little one as their very own set. Think it was €12. Glad you got sorted though. I love cream for babies too.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭sunshiner

aknitter i have crazy heartburn too it started 3 days ago :P ginger seemed to help, but bread soda in water got rid of it completely!

I have a wedding on monday no energy and dreading the 3hour drive up. its gona be long, i hope they dont mind if i go for a nap midway through it.

I'm a bit off food all through the pregnancy, it's like stuff doesn't appeal to me at all and I have to force myself to think of things to eat, and to prepare them. Just feels like so much effort (though that could be from the exhaustion/pain of recent times) However, the past week or so I've got an awful hankering for ice cream! If I could only have icecream instead of meals I'd be sorted :)

Oh Sunshiner the wedding sounds like a lot of hassle, hope you get to enjoy some of the day though. I'm invited to a wedding when I'm 36 weeks (about 1 hour away) but I think if I was going I'd only be managing the ceremony and meal! Did you get an outfit?

Anyone playing music to baby? The last few days have been using my earphones to play some songs from my ipod. Baby moves consistently during some songs (50 cent being one, lol!) though I try to keep a mix of lively and relaxing music. Only do it for an hour or less and only when she's already stirring just in case I'm disturbing her. I've heard that it can help them to develop their senses or something.

• Advertisement

Thanks murdy, will have a look anyway - there was nothing in heatons last time i was there!

Sunshiner good luck with the wedding, the socializing will be great. Not too keen on the bread soda in water but will keep it in mind. I am sucking on Acidex at the moment, and I hate aniseed flavour but acidex is great.

Had a busy day dodging the birthday boy in his new fire engine while trying to clean up after the carpenter and bake for his party tomorrow - some stuff is gluten free and have more to do in the morning (including the cake!).

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭sunshiner

Oh Sunshiner the wedding sounds like a lot of hassle, hope you get to enjoy some of the day though. I'm invited to a wedding when I'm 36 weeks (about 1 hour away) but I think if I was going I'd only be managing the ceremony and meal! Did you get an outfit?
    I got a dress off asos,
    http://www.asos.com/ASOS-Maternity/ASOS-Maternity-Skater-Dress-with-Floral-Placement/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=2792095&cid=5813&Rf900=1465&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=200&sort=-1&clr=Floral
    i think ill chance wearing boots n tights with it,i dont fancy sandals in this weather. id really like to go up the night early than fancying all the driving up the morning b4 but the other half wont.

Krankykitty ive had a bit of drum n bass on a bit loud, the baby seems to kick alot to it. lol

sunshiner wrote: »
    I got a dress off asos,
    http://www.asos.com/ASOS-Maternity/ASOS-Maternity-Skater-Dress-with-Floral-Placement/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=2792095&cid=5813&Rf900=1465&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=200&sort=-1&clr=Floral
    i think ill chance wearing boots n tights with it,i dont fancy sandals in this weather. id really like to go up the night early than fancying all the driving up the morning b4 but the other half wont.

Krankykitty ive had a bit of drum n bass on a bit loud, the baby seems to kick alot to it. lol

Love the dress and tights and boots are a great idea! I was out last night and stayed in heels for 15 minutes, just couldn't do it.

I'm sure the wedding will be great fun if you can have a rest now and then :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭Jennii.

Would I just go to the Dublin hospital or try and make my way back to Limerick....hmm...

I'd stay in Dublin hahaha. On the plus side though, you'd get to meet the little angel earlier :D which couldn't be a bad thing haha.

Thanks Murdy! How she didn't freak I do not know haha, I would actually like have a panic attack! ha

True! The only thing is I'd be worried about him/her needing breathing assistance. AFAIK after 35 weeks it's unlikely to need much extra care. So 5 weeks left of being careful!

Can't wait to finish off this masters...only a few weeks to go! Baby seems to like music too, particularly the Beatles. Good taste! :D

Went to pregnancy fair yest and it was good! Just stayed 2 hours and enjoyed look around!although alot of staff where just temps and hadnt a clue. Went town afterwards and then had visitors! Back killed me last night! Back ok today!

32 weeks now! Feeling so big but getting by! Have ante natal class this afternoon.

Hope all well

Lynda, am right there with you on the back, had party yesterday for my 2 year old - I was on the go from 11 to 9 or so. Still was nice to see the small man enjoy himself ! :) I am 30 weeks and feel huge aswell. Hubby had the camcorder going and I saw myself and I look like a manatee at the minute - huge and slow moving! My belly skin feels sensitive right now, I think babs has been through a growth spurt!

I know what you mean, aknitter- I feel like a whale leaping out of the water every time I turn over in bed or get up from the couch. Ugh!

Anyone else getting loads of braxton hicks these days? I seem to have one almost non stop the last couple of days...hurt a bit last night and makes going to the bathroom really uncomfortable!

I'm getting loads of Brixton hicks too, they're not painful but uncomfortable enough to stop me in my tracks sometimes! Still, I guess it's just body getting ready for the big day :)

Am 30 weeks today and also feel huge but I know I'm not! I keep getting told how neat I am and that from the back or if my belly is hidden I don't look pregnant. I feel like a cow with big udders though!

Feeling great for getting to 30 weeks. In those awful days of hyperemesis it seemed so distant and i felt like I wouldn't survive this long (melodramatic, I know but the puking really was awful!) a friend of the family had bad hyperemesis and she had her baby 12 weeks ago. She said labour was nothing compared to the sickness so I'm feeling positive.

Anyone heard from Blueskye at all? She's gone quiet and I know she was really sick with heartburn and vomiting

• Advertisement

Lucky thing! People have told me I don't look any different, but I KNOW my thighs are bigger than before...hope it won't take too long for them to go back down!

Have to write 2 papers this week. Not motivated in the least.
    Poor murdy- that sounds awful! I was lucky that I didn't get much morning sickness- just a couple of weeks feeling sort of hangoverish. Making up for it now??

Was feeling a little anxious about the BH- doesn't it mean baby is slightly more likely to come in the next few weeks? Hope not!

Advertisement