Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due June 2013

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Oh no, UTIs are horrible - I hope it clears up soon. Are you drinking lots of cranberry juice? I'm drinking some right now to try and get my body to absorb the stupid Galfer tablets :( I get UTIs every so often and to keep them at bay I take cranberry tablets as well (much easier than drinking lots of juice). You can get them in health food shops but I actually picked some up in Tesco the other day.

You all sound like you're having fun organising yourselves! I.m pretty much done, just a bit of cleaning in behind things to do and some more freezer meals to make. It feels good to have everything ready, doesn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭paperclipgrad

Ye all sound so organized! I finished off another assignment and have started studying for exam on monday. I wish i had more time/energy to start those freezer meals, but I guess baby isn't due til end of june so it'll be ok....be grand they said!

Ye all sound so organized! I finished off another assignment and have started studying for exam on monday. I wish i had more time/energy to start those freezer meals, but I guess baby isn't due til end of june so it'll be ok....be grand they said!

Yeah, sure you've six weeks to go (like me!), loads of time. I'm at home all day not working so I've got all the time in the world to do housewife things :)

Went to aqua fit this morning and am a bit sore now. Still getting the muscle pain on one side. All the oul ones were worrying I was going into labour! All along so many people have been telling me how neat I look. Today, instead, I was told it looks like the baby will be big :eek: I think I must have expanded a lot recently. :)

How much do bumps normally grow between the 33 and 40th weeks? Time to go to google images...

Hubs off to germany next week, he's going to check out prices of baby monitors there. Apparently the german for baby monitor is 'babyphone'. Cute. :)

I expect that my bump will get a good bit bigger - baby puts on lots of fat in the last few weeks. I'm happy enough to have a chubby baby anyway :)

Is your hubby worried about being away? My panicky hubby would not go away around this time, he's paranoid I'll go into labour. He's having minor surgery on Wednesday next week that involves a general anaesthetic and he made me prep my Dad to be on standby. I've tried telling him it's a bit early to be concerned but he's just a worrywart!

I just reread the first page of this thread and my first post - I said I had no morning sickness yet but was expecting it to be bad. Little did I know how horrific it was! Weird seeing people talk about their pregnancy tests and things, we've come so far since then! Blueskye will have her babies on Tuesday :eek:

• Advertisement

My husband is so chilled out about the birth. I'm the worried one in our relationship! He's like 'Ah sure I'll get home in time if anything starts to happen.' Well, yeah...maybe...

Plus I'm not THAT close to giving birth. If it was June now, I don't think he'd go. I've over a month left to go.

Looked up baby bumps in the third trimester, it doesn't look like people progress THAT much between 34 and 40 weeks. But that's just the average.

Weird thing happened when I went into the hospital yesterday- I was reading through my notes and found that they wrote down '34 +2' in the 'weeks' section. I thought I was 33? Did they make a mistake or somehow realize tht the baby is a week older than previously assumed? They didn't adjust due date or anything....

My husband is so chilled out about the birth. I'm the worried one in our relationship! He's like 'Ah sure I'll get home in time if anything starts to happen.' Well, yeah...maybe...

Plus I'm not THAT close to giving birth. If it was June now, I don't think he'd go. I've over a month left to go.

Looked up baby bumps in the third trimester, it doesn't look like people progress THAT much between 34 and 40 weeks. But that's just the average.

Weird thing happened when I went into the hospital yesterday- I was reading through my notes and found that they wrote down '34 +2' in the 'weeks' section. I thought I was 33? Did they make a mistake or somehow realize tht the baby is a week older than previously assumed? They didn't adjust due date or anything....

If they didn't adjust due date I'd say it was a mistake!

Your hubby sounds the opposite of mine. He's convinced I'll go early and take him by surprise.

Today I'm feeling really pregnant. Didn't wake up until 10 but fell asleep again this afternoon for an hour or two. I've just been doing some chores and really feeling heavy, sore and tired. Maybe I'm getting too far along for aqua fit? Physio said you can do it up to your due date if you feel alright. Maybe my low iron is just making itself felt today.

Still it's the weekend, hubby is already home from work and it's sunny. Time to relax! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

hey girls

hope you're all keeping well. I'm 34 weeks today and had a scan - baby is already 6lbs 14ozs and they reckon the birth weight will be about the 4 kg mark which is very similar to my first 2 babies. Baby is breach (again - was breach at 29 weeks, then down at 32 and back breach again now!) so I'll be blowing up the birthing ball and i'm going to start my bouncing - the glamour!

I hope you're all keeping well - all ok here. Really tired and awful heartburn in the evenings but i'm ok - pregnancy is never easy and in comparison to others I can't complain.

I love keeping up with all the updates - it's so exciting preparing. Over the next week I need to start packing a bag (just in case - ever hopeful!) and we're also moving house on July 1st so it's all go trying to pack up the house while trying to unpack the newborn stuff! I just hope the next 6 weeks fly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭aknitter

Highly1111 - have to agree, hope the next few weeks fly by! Will consider more stringent evection procedures in the future if there is no movement!

I am hoping tomorrow will be easier - it usually takes 3 days for the effects of physio to take effect, my poor back, hips and nether regions are really sore!

I have my bag packed but I can't find my toilet bag with the shampoo etc, two steps forward, 3 back!

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭lynda18

A knitter hope u do feel better no joke pain like that! Thank god all coming to and end and we All get our prize :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

I seemed to really pop out about 33 weeks or so but I don't see that it's got that bigger since (37)? Although hubby begs to differ! I did measure bump day of scan 11 days ago when baby was measuring 6lb and I've put on 3 inches onto it since lol!

Hope you manage to get a bit of rest Aknitter, if that helps for you? I always find things are a bit worse after the physio although it does leave me more mobile.

Has anyone else got the burning/numb ribs? I have that the past week I think there's been a bit of movement in there! Everything sticking out top/front.

Quick question - has everyone got their changing bag sorted out? I am looking for one that's relatively plain and not too big. Any of the ones that are the right size are bright coloured/patterned and the plain ones seem to be huge!

Hope you all have a great weekend ....

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭lynda18

My friend is getting me the pink linen changing bag it's fab but very fancy!
    I also bought some disposable nappy changing mats which are a great IDE

My infection is really not healing and very sore!
    Hope it clears

Going to a communion today ! Trying pull energy together ;)

Wow, highly - 6lbs 14 already! I'm 34 weeks on Monday but don't think baby is that big. :)

Hope the physio helped aknitter, it must be hard to be so uncomfortable! I try and remember I'm lucky not to have pelvic pain when I'm moaning about being uncomfortable - I feel for you!

I'm getting a changing bag from friends as their baby gift so no idea what it will be like, I said I wanted a nice colourful one!

Was out and about this morning found done errands and mega tiredness has just kicked in. It's time for a nap! Hope everyone is having a nice weekend. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭DoubleB

I'm lookin for my baby bag next week too. Murdy have you got your uppa baby vista yet? I absolutely adore mine. It's fab. You're goin to love it.

I am feeling immense pressure today and squirming wriggling and kicking. I'm at my most uncomfortable yet. Baby is 5lb 10 according to scan and I'm 35 & 2. Can't believe we are here at this stage girls. So close!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭aknitter

Thanks guys - tbh, I'm glad I don't have the same nausea as some of ye have, I don't think I'd cope well with it. Now I can at least still go down on the floor and play jigsaws or cars (getting up is an event!)

I have a changing bag for the bigger guy and am going to use it for both (we are hoping to potty train the 2 year old after the christening which I am hoping to have in early sept!). I ended up with a school bag (from pennys) after the strap on my first 2 split.

We're collecting the pram in 3 weeks. Can't wait to get it! We were just discussing what an extravagant purchase it was but I really like it! Glad to hear good reports :)

Is anyone having a baby shower? I'm not a huge fan of them generally but decided to organise a pre-baby afternoon tea myself instead, so no games or pressies but lots of cake and chat. I'm planning what to bake at the moment which is fun. Having it in two weeks :)

Yes Murdy you will love your pram. It's amazeballs. Have been showing it off to anyone who calls. Massive basket underneath for shopping too and so easy to click the pram or carseat on.

My friends arranged a surprise baby shower for me last week. It was so lovely and I was completely shocked. Gorgeous cakes, cheeses, nibbles, sweets and gifts!!!

I'm really missing the kids in my class. I know it sounds ridiculous but you get so attached to them. They were upset saying goodbye and I felt so guilty leaving them :( oh the hormones!!!

My sisters arranged a baby shower for me on Easter Monday. :) It was really nice as my best friend came home from her job in the Emirates and she was able to attend! It was a total surprise, they had pink and blue cupcakes, random food stuff and games. :) It was so cute and everyone had a great time, especially me! :)

Not having a baby shower myself, haven't really felt in the form for too much get-togethers over the past few months, but I did go for a spa day with my friend which was awesome. Maybe after the baby is born might have a little party to welcome her or something. That's after I get my bloody steak and prosecco (with a side order of nurofen plus!)

Paperclip, that was lovely surprise especially with your friend being able to go!

That's nice girls that you had something with all your friends. I'm looking forward to it but wanted to organise it myself at our place. Should be fun! Had a very bad baby shower experience so I'm a bit wary of them sometimes but looking forward to have everyone around and doing some cute baking. Today I'm going to make a treacle tart, I've always wanted to so we'll see how it works out. I am absolutely knackered still though so hopefully I can work up the energy. I'm thinking about going for a swim soon just to float about.

Cute about missing your kids DoubleB - it's obvious you enjoy your job which is lovely :) I couldn't wait to leave mine, I wasn't enjoying it at all :o

• Advertisement

Not having a baby shower myself, haven't really felt in the form for too much get-togethers over the past few months, but I did go for a spa day with my friend which was awesome. Maybe after the baby is born might have a little party to welcome her or something. That's after I get my bloody steak and prosecco (with a side order of nurofen plus!)

Paperclip, that was lovely surprise especially with your friend being able to go!

I was thinking of having a welcome party for baby after he is born too instead but realised I would have more fun baking and preparing if I did it in advance!

After the baby is born I am going to eat lots of eggs benedict, soft runny brie and whipped ice cream cones - that's what I'm missing! Surprisingly, I actually don't miss alcohol at all so probably won't be drinking much for a while I'd say.

Brie....oh yes and blue cheese!

Also SUSHI
    and nice red wine....and paté. Mmmmm...

Exam tomorrow! Nervous and my husband will be gone so sister has been placed on standby just in case anything happens on Monday or Friday when I'm up in Dublin on my own. If I did go into labour, where should I go? Holles St or the Rotunda? Or somewhere else? I'll be on South Circular road for my exams.

Exam tomorrow! Nervous and my husband will be gone so sister has been placed on standby just in case anything happens on Monday or Friday when I'm up in Dublin on my own. If I did go into labour, where should I go? Holles St or the Rotunda? Or somewhere else? I'll be on South Circular road for my exams.

Just go to the closest one - probably Holles St from there I'd say! If you do happen to go into labour you can let me know as well if you need any help as I'm at home just pottering about :) It's unlikely though but always good to be prepared! As I said, my Dad is on standby this week as hubby is getting surgery. You never know what might happen :D

Thanks. :) It'd be nice to have someone just in case! I also have a brother living in Dublin though so I'm sure SOMEONE will be able to come in with me!

It's weird being so far along that these things are actually a bit of a possibility, although unlikely.

Paperclip, I'm also in Dublin if you need anything :) I think the Coombe might be nearest to the Sth Circular..
    You don't need the extra worry on top of exams! Best of luck with them btw.

Best of luck with the exams Paperclip. Good to have a 'just in case' plan. Ya never kno as stress can bring on labour!!! I'm sure that wont happen thou.

Baby's movements are stopping me in my tracks today. Very active Lil babs.

Oh yes, the Coombe might be closest actually :) good luck anyway with exams. Just think, you'll be free soon!

Went for a swim in the end which was nice, it was a fun swim session so mostly kids but it was so nice to splash around and move my legs. Knee joints were sore earlier so it was good. Felt like a beached whale though, kids are not shy sbout staring at a bump!

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭sunshiner

good luck tomorrow with the exams paperclip :D
    I decided to paint the hall today myself, Bad move im in bits.

• Advertisement

Good work on the painting, sounds like you're very active!

We just had my parents over for Sunday dinner which was nice. My Dad was helping hubby to do sone house stuff too - just in time as well. We went into the nursery to put up the cat proof net and wasn't the cat already asleep in the cot! He got an awful fright when we shouted at him, poor thing. Net is up now anyway so that'll stop him! : )

Advertisement