Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due June 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭aknitter

Hey highly - good luck with that, I'm 34 weeks and am just not sure! Going to the midwives next week and am going to ask for a scan. I'm afraid that the babs is stuck! Like you this is no 3 for me and the way has been well and truly ploughed!

Murdy - hope your hubby is ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭DoubleB

Hi Everyone,

I'm going to join your facebook group. Can I ask a favour please- will none of you who are on the facebook group use my real name on here or any part of it. I really wish to remain anonymous on here. Sorry if I sound paranoid but I have my reasons!!!! Thanks gals.

Lynda I am snoring for the past few nights too according to my hubby. He's so patient thou and is just happy that I'm sleeping(must remember that when I'm kicking him out for snoring next time!)

Highly- poor u with the spasm. Thats awful. Hope you are doing ok. My baby was breech up until last week. I felt loads of squirming one night it was actually really uncomfortable and had a feeling babs was on the move. I lay forward facing with bum higher than my head and it seemed to do the trick. Also spent a lot of time the few days before on all fours. Also used to put warm hands or slightly warm bean bag down low. Apparently some ppl believe they move their head towards heat???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

Hope things get better for you soon Highly, that sounds very sore.

Mine breech all along too but turned around 35 weeks or so I think. I do suspect there's been a bit of moving around since. Whether head down or not she's definitely all stuck up in my ribs!

Its my last weekend now before the baby is here (going in mid week :) ) Any good ideas for me on stuff to do/places to go over the next few days, hubby is finishing work and we have a last few days as a twosome.

Kitty - Cinema, trip to Ann Summers (I can't go near the place with a buggy!), sit in the pub to watch a match or just go to dinner and be intimate. Thats all I can think of right now! Enjoy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Highly - hope the baby turns soon! Would be nice not to have a c section on your third :) mine has been head down for a while and fingers crossed he stays that way!

Krankykitty I agree, cinema and dinner somewhere not baby friendly! Can't believe your little one will be here so soon.

I have 5 weeks until my due date and am feeling fed up at the moment, having a low day. I'm so tired all the time (stupid iron levels) and feel like there's ages left, even though the end is in sight.

• Advertisement

Murdy I had a really low day yesterday. I was feeling like I was ready to go and couldn't bare to think about how much longer I have left!! Stupidly I'm still convinced ill go early. When u say 'low iron' can u remember what it was. Just curious as mine was 12 last time but I feel whacked all the time. They weren't worried about my iron but what is considered low does anybody kno?

Krankykit- that is so exciting. Your last week. Wow!!!! Maybe a nice meal out? Cinema also sounds good.

I had a very vivid dream last night that me an hubby brought babs to Vegas- random!!!

DoubleB wrote: »
    Murdy I had a really low day yesterday. I was feeling like I was ready to go and couldn't bare to think about how much longer I have left!! Stupidly I'm still convinced ill go early. When u say 'low iron' can u remember what it was. Just curious as mine was 12 last time but I feel whacked all the time. They weren't worried about my iron but what is considered low does anybody kno?

Mine is 10 and that's after weeks and weeks of taking Galfer. On my booking in appointment at 12 weeks it was 11.5 which I was told was just in the normal range. I reckon 12 is low enough but nothing to worry about. My friend works in a lab and she was saying 11.5 was low enough to start with so 12 is not much higher! It's just a different kind of tiredness, not sleepy but so lethargic and drained.

Have another blood test next week and hoping it's up! The hosp said to take the Galfer an hour after breakfast with juice (for vitamin c) and no tea, coffee or soft drinks for a while after to see if that helps my absorption. Maybe you could try that out too. Luckily Galfer agrees with me, I know loads of people find it hard on their system.

Hopefully I'm just having a bad day. I'm meeting my uncle for linch which eill be nice. Doesn't help that hubby is in a bad way too! He's not a good patient at the best of times and his surgery was a but nasty in the end!

Oh and midwives said the low iron is concerning for them not because of pregnancy or the baby but because you lose a bit of blood giving birth and low iron can make it take longer to recover. No idea what they'll do if it's still at 10 in a weeks time. It certainly doesn't feel like it's increased.

Murdy - I'm right there with you, 5 weeks left and it feels like an age! I've good days and bad re tiredness (sitting here now comfort eating chocolate biscuits!). Some days I nap others I don't just trying to get through each day as it comes at this stage. Turning in bed last night was so painful I actually had a sneaky cry! Didn't want to upset hubby. For me it the constant pain thats most draining and upsetting.

I wonder if some iron from your diet might boost your iron levels and its easier to absorb and easier on the body - red meat, eggs, green leafy veg (cabbage, broccoli, brussel sprouts) and black pudding.

Highly, will they try to turn baby?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭sunshiner

Baby's being delivered at 37weeks so ill be 36weeks on monday. Scary

Had a bit of a moment awhile ago and burst into tears. Been getting Braxton hicks last night and today. Nausea and dizzy so not good. Vomited awhile ago. Feel ok now just emotional and rather silly for being so. Think I'll try look for the tv room.

Hard to do meditation with so many ppl but think I'll give it a go.

Highly I hope u feel better soon.

Murdy hope ur hubby is better.

Kk if I was you I'd go for a stroll, watch movie and cuddle up with each other under a blanket. Feed each other chocolate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

Thanks girls - feel slightly better today but I had to spend the day up in my sister in laws getting minded as I can't lift my 1 year old and my back would be in bits with my 4 year old too - it's all up and down with him at the moment - drinks, in and out of the garden, lunches, playing etc etc. It's still very sore but hubby is off all next week and you never know - because it's positional, the baby might move and it could go as soon as it arrived.

They told me I have 2 options if I'm still breech at 37 weeks - and i'm 35 today - option 1 is to book in for an elective section & option 2 is for them to manually try and turn the baby.

we're in 2 minds about what to do if still breech - if the back pain is still horrendous I might opt for the section as I can't go on indefinitely with the back pain - esp with 2 older children - but I can't imagine that post-section i'd be any worse than how I am now - and at least bubs would be here and the uncertainty would be eliminated. I'll talk to the consultant about what's involved with manually trying to turn the baby - apparently it can be very very sore and there's the risk the placenta can get pulled away - so I need to find out more about that.

However, in my ideal world she'll turn and she's 14 days to do it! so come on baby!

Murdy - I hope your husband is ok. I suppose the silver lining is that it's now rather than post baby.

KK - like the girls said, lots of cinema trips and long lunches - and sleep!

oh, and we decided on a name - we're going to call her Penny. Delighted as I love the name but hubby wasn't too sure - he came round the other day though!! (must be feeling sorry for me!!) Our other names were Beth, Lucy, Erin & Katy - but Penny just feels so right. I can't wait to meet her! and although we've told people that we're having a girl - but no one knows the name - can't wait to see their reaction - although it'll be a bit late if they don't like it!!

Sunshiner - good luck - can you remind me why they're inducing at 37 weeks? I find it hard to keep up with all the posts! I hope you're ok.

Have cholestasis and gallstones. Cholestasis increases risk of stillborn.

sunshiner wrote: »
    Have cholestasis and gallstones. Cholestasis increases risk of stillborn.

oh wow. You poor thing. You must be in such agony. X

Sunshiner, you are in the best place, again if you need anything, just let me know. Easy for me to say but try not to worry. If you keep walking the halls in a circle you'll find the tv room.

Highly - thats a lovely name, do you have boys or girls or one of each already. They are so active at the ages yours are. At least my 2 year old still has a nap in the morning. Is the 4 year old going to school in september?

I am going to try and arrange a trip to the cinema with hubby next - can't wait to see Star Trek, we were both big trekkies in our day! (I even had a model of the ship Enterprise and himself was a spoiled brat so he had everything else!)

we have 2 boys - it's so strange knowing the sex - we didn't find out on either of the boys! It's strange knowing!! I knew it was a girl though! I just knew!!

My 4 year old will be going to school in September - thankfully! my 14 month old will nap - but only once a day. There's no doubt things will be busy but we always wanted a third and we just didn't see the point in waiting! although I do feel as if I've been pregnant forever at this stage!

Star Trek is supposed to be excellent - I was never a trekkie but apparently it's a good film no matter what and doesn't refer too much to the star trek series! We might try and go and see it too before number 3 arrives - it's hard enough getting a babysitter for 2 - never mind 3!!

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭lynda18

I just home cleaned out kitchen non stop wit mam for 6 hours today then went dinner tonight and drinks in town! Was nearly crying bus home thinking ill never make it to the couch ;)even though enjoyed evening !

Had some spotting this morning but just trying stay calm and see what happens!
    Really want oh to pull socks up now and help me proper wit house! Get into nesting mode and be there how I need him

Sunshiner hope u ok and not worrying u in best place now to prevent anything happen!!

Hope somebody is awake at this hour. Since early last night my baby has been barely moving. Woke at 4.30 screaming after a bad dream. 2 glasses of cold juice and a cup of coffee later and nothing. A few tiny 'squirms' I've lay in every position and at this stage husband is even worried as normally he can feel so much. Has this been happening any of ye? I am so worried. Was all set to go to hospital but I feel like they'll think oh here she is again. I know it's normal to be paranoid after what I went through with my first baby but I also know this isn't paranoia. I'm sure baby has just moved into a comfy position but on the ither hand im thinking what the heck is goin on? Has this been happening any of you girls lately?

Double b just go in and let them monitor movement they are telling us go in if. Worried all time and u are so worried u need reasuance! I fel mine kicking at different times lately and not kicking at all in morning last few days where used to always! But I take drinks etc too and would go in if I was like u and still worrie. We all scared of Over reacting but sure baby most important and don't worry what they think

• Advertisement

DoubleB - just go in, get a trace, put your mind at rest. Let us know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭lainycool

Doubleb, I've noticed in the last few days baby is moving less and I think it's cause they have so little room left, if you have anything fizzy drink that but as the rest oft the girls said go in to the hospital if you are worried, you don't need the hassle of being worried over the weekend!
    I also find when I'm stressed or worried baby goes quiet for some reason.
    Take care x

DoubleB, same as the others, ill sometimes feel I'm having movement all day but then others when I deliberately tune in I can't feel anything for a while. It will always feel more scary at night or when otherwise upset.. and totally natural to worry after what you went through. Go in and put your mind at ease. Take care x

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Fairie

Hi sorry for butting in, I'm over from the December board. DoubleB I was the same on my dd the last few weeks there was alot less movement it is scary and of course mammy panics but go over to the hospital they would rather you went over every day if you were worried instead of sitting at home stressing out. Best of luck with your new little baby !

Best to get it checked out. They won't mind at all let us know how u get on.

I'm hoping to get out for a couple of hours today if they leave me. Will have to see.

I'm with you 100% DoubleB. I had a freak out last night because baby hardly moved all day. Rang the hosp and they said to drunk a very cold drink and something fuzzy and if I was still worried to go in. Luckily after doing that and eating some choc he started squirming away again. Midwife said diminished movement will happen because he's running out room but I was so so worried because he is so active normally.

I had my dad all set to bring me in to the hosp and all (hubby can't drive yet after surgery) If you're worried at all I'd go in. I was just about to! Thankfully he's moving normally now but I got a fright. I know how scary it is!

Oh everyone thank you all so much for your advice and reassurance. Just before 7 we decided we wud go in. Got up and thought I felt small movement then slowly but surely I felt more movement until eventually back to pounding ny tummy. But baby has moved position for sure. It's as though babs is stretched out the full length of my torso now and head feels like it has moved into my cervix!! This may explain the new movement pattern. I am blessed to have you guys for support, thanks again.

Murdy you poor thing u must have got an awful fright. Can't imagine worrying about this and my hubby! In fact it was my hubby who started the whole panic here. He usually lies with hand on my tummy at night and kicks are so regular after a while he asked in a worried voice had I felt movement recently and hey presto panic ensued!!! I nearly killed him this morning needless to say.

I read baby can have longer 'rest periods' as birth draws nearer too. Yikes- the stress. Xxx

Glad everything was ok.. I had a fright and went in myself there around 25 week. I think sometimes the little feckers sense when were worried and decide to snooze that day :)

DoubleB wrote: »
    Oh everyone thank you all so much for your advice and reassurance. Just before 7 we decided we wud go in. Got up and thought I felt small movement then slowly but surely I felt more movement until eventually back to pounding ny tummy. But baby has moved position for sure. It's as though babs is stretched out the full length of my torso now and head feels like it has moved into my cervix!! This may explain the new movement pattern. I am blessed to have you guys for support, thanks again.

Murdy you poor thing u must have got an awful fright. Can't imagine worrying about this and my hubby! In fact it was my hubby who started the whole panic here. He usually lies with hand on my tummy at night and kicks are so regular after a while he asked in a worried voice had I felt movement recently and hey presto panic ensued!!! I nearly killed him this morning needless to say.

I read baby can have longer 'rest periods' as birth draws nearer too. Yikes- the stress. Xxx

Sounds like both have naughty babies! Waiting until we were just about to go into the hospital so start moving again. They were messing with us! Little scamps :)

I haven't been as much of a worrier as I thought I'd be with the pregnancy (I 'm usually a terrible worrier) but I was very worried last night! He's moving fine today but I think we may just have to bear in mind that the movements won't be as strong for the last few weeks!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. Sunshiner, did you get home for a few hours? I'm going out tonight for dinner for as friend 's birthday which is nice. Looking forward to putting on make up and not wearing leggings and ugg boots! I don't have much to wear though, most stuff not fitting me so hope the other girls aren't too dressed up!

• Advertisement

Glad all was ok double b we all panic like that and just can't wait for baby be safely here it's so normal!

Murdy enjoy ur night! Clothes are awkward but sure once U
    Out u be fine!

I no tmi but yest i had blood in discharge and once last week and ever since
    Lots of normal discharge so think plug is slowly coming out!
    It could still mean I go to term but also reality of birth is hitting me too ;)

Advertisement