Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due June 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

Enjoy your night out Murdy!

Baby moving around very uncomfortably today, all up in my ribs and then some appendage is also putting pressure on one side of pelvis. Just collected the car seat and some bits and bobs from where we had them stored and also have the moses basket all ready to go. Re-packed bags for next week again, all the gear is stuffed in but I've probably brought too much. Will be there 5 days. Half thinking of just bringing in some leggings/tops to wear during the day rather than PJs..

Going to buy a few snacks for us for the hospital over the few days, any ideas? Going to get some bars and a bag of mixed nuts.

Lynda, that's exciting if it's the plug, could be something about to happen in the next while do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭lynda18

I hav no idea this is my first and al new to me but prob be still here few weeks and no change :) I would
    Love to go early so much but hard to know on first

I came across this on another website how long after plug did labour start - not sure if that will help or scare you, sorry if it does :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

I've never heard of anyone losing their plug slowly..... trust me - you'll know all about it when you lose it - I did and my friends did anyway. But obviously it can be different for everyone!

My sister lost her plug and didn't deliver until 2 weeks later when she was induced....

in my case with my 2 previous labours I didn't lose my plug until after my waters had broken (but I was induced both times for different reasons.... it's impossible to know!)

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭sunshiner

I got home for 5 hours. My dogs were besides themselves. One of them is pining like mad he was clung to me. Felt so guilty leaving.

Got to lie down and cuddle that was nice just a quiet rest in my bed. Bliss.

Snack wise fruit! Belvita are good.

Oh and bring a fan the heat is unreal.

I'm so glad to here that your babies are fine. Mine is a right scamp she hates the ctg monitor she kicks it lol.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Glad you got home Subshiner! You must be missing the dogs so much. I'd be like that with the cat :)

Lynda - mad if it was your plug! Although you can lose it a good bit before giving birth but you never know!

I'm just home from town. Place was jammers due to the rugby game. It Was weird standing in a packed bar 8 months pregnant. Bump is so sore now but it was worth it to get out of the house. I got a lot of funny looks and people (especially men) were annoyed at me trying to squish past them to leave until they realised I was pregnant and they looked all guilty and couldn't do enough for me! Funny :) I guess people don't expect to see heavily pregnant women out in a bar!

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭paperclipgrad

It's been nearly a whole week but I'm back now! Exams went ok(ish, the first one, programming, was a bit scary) and I got my last assignment in last Friday, now I just have to get my thesis proposal in by Wednesday but I've a good bit of it written already.

Glad babs started moving again for you, BB- that sounds scary! I also can't believe Lynda is getting her plug out already. My mother's labours always began that way. I don't think I'll be that way though- I've been totally different from her in every way so far! She was always regular but took a year to conceive, I was super irregular but got preggo right away, she had loads of ms, I had barely any...so at this stage I'm just assuming my birth will be completely different to hers! Her labour with my oldest brother took 2 days...

My sister had sections with all 3 kids, the first because of preeclampsia, the next 2 because of lack of integrity of the scarred tissue.

Does anyone have similarities to sisters/mothers in their pregnancies?

One last question- has anyone bought nursing bras? I guess I should get some...just they seem so frumpy. :/

Murdy--I know what you mean about going out while preggers! It's kind of strange going out in the evening with a bump, people keep asking me out but I don't stay out much later than about 10, just makes me feel like people are judging me or something!! Even though they're probably not...

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭proulx

Got some nursing bras in Dunnes not at all frumpy quite cute actually compared to the bullet proof vest looking types bras on previous

Thanks Proulx, I might look in Dunnes for some! I've outgrown yet another set of them :) I got mine in m and s. they're not super frumpy but I'd hardly call them glam either. I've been wearing nursing bras since early on, they're maternity/nursing ones.

Paperclipgrad - so far my pregnancy is very similar (almost identical) to my mothers, in lots of ways. I'll be interested to see if the birth is. She went two weeks early on both me and my bro and had 8 lb babies despite being so "neat". She also wasn't in labour too long. If one more person tells me how small/tiny/neat I am they're getting a smack in the chops. I'm going to ask my midwife at my next appointment if she can tell if he's the size he's supposed to be. I don't think people realise it worries me sometimes when they say it

Yay, for finishing exams. Soon, your thesis will be done and you'll be FREE!!! Mr Murdy is still home recovering. He's on the mend but it's awkward having two people who can't move very well around the place :)

I can imagine- it'd be awful if husband couldn't reach to get all those things or pick up the things I'm not allowed to pick up! What kind of surgery did he have? Appendix?

• Advertisement

I can imagine- it'd be awful if husband couldn't reach to get all those things or pick up the things I'm not allowed to pick up! What kind of surgery did he have? Appendix?

Nah, more minor then that. It an was an elective hernia thing. So he's sore in the mid region and limping around a lot!

That's good anyway-hopefully he'll be back to his usual self within the 3 weeks that it seems you'll be having your baby in!

Mom had half of her babies 2 weeks late, the other half ON THE DUE DATE.

Mine seems to be similar to my mothers in terms of feeling v sick at the start and then the compact bump thing also. Murdy, the sonographer even commented that my bump was small the day that she was measuring a 6.1lb baby inside so I think it really doesn't match up to what's inside - which is really weird when you think of it. Where's everything gone :P It does feel a lot bigger now at the end though, but still can fit (just about!) into my normal jackets and stuff.

People are a bit head wrecking with the comments about big/small at times though. Sometimes they just can't decide what they think. The day some people at work found out I was pregnant (at 26 weeks) one woman said in the morning "oh I never would have known you were pregnant" but then proceeded to tell me I was huge that afternoon :D

That's good anyway-hopefully he'll be back to his usual self within the 3 weeks that it seems you'll be having your baby in!

Mom had half of her babies 2 weeks late, the other half ON THE DUE DATE.

If I went 2 weeks early I'd be so thrilled but I'm preparing myself for a long wait. God, crazy that I could have a baby in 3 weeks - I'm not ready!

Having your baby on the due date would be cool - maybe you'll take after your mom? (We'll just ignore the 2 weeks overdue part :) )

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    (We'll just ignore the 2 weeks overdue part :) )

Yes, let's. :D

From what I hear/read, we should all have some sort of level of preparedness. I got all the baby stuff from my sister in law so now I just need to wash the babygros and blankets. It'll be so cute. :) We got 100 size 1 diapers. It was so cute, I was telling husband that 'it's just for the first short while, we can get the cheaper ones' and he was all like 'Nooooo, for our tiny baby for the first two weeks we're getting PAMPERS!!'
    So now we have 100 pampers waiting for a little bottom. :)

I also need to get a nightgown that opens down the front for the baby. It's hard finding nice ones that open far down enough, I want the baby to be delivered on my stomach and feeding almost straight away, so it needs to be accessible enough. But...not frumpy!! The only button ones I can find seem to be ones that my mother would wear. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭sunshiner

They have a couple of nighties in dunnes so check it out.

I'm being left out today I'm just waiting on a prescription. My bags are packed the last hour! I have to return Mondays and Thursdays. Next Monday is my review for induction. And will probably be next week sometime. Can't believe it's so soon.

Tmi alert Downside is hospital food is bad that I've got awful piles can barely sit. Will put ice on them when I get home. I highly recommend ye bring fruit n yougarts for breakfast. They left me put mine in the fridge on the ward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭aknitter

Hey, I have a very different pregnancy from my mother - she had a weak cervix and had to have it stitched closed so when it was removed a week before her due date her labour took 2 hours, start to finish! My sister was in labour 16 hours and she slowed and ramped up a few times before he decided to pop out.
    But there was a big difference between my 1st and 2nd labours. 1st woke me up and it was text book, contractions getting slowly more powerful, they broke my waters and it seemed to me to be controlled and orderly. My 2nd I was having irregular pains all day, was very restless and eventually they settled into 6 mins apart. At 8pm I decided I was annoyed enough to go to the hospital (in Limerick and I was living in Ennis). They did a trace etc and at 11 I was admitted - 2cms dialated I was so annoyed! :) I walked the halls for awhile but was getting tired so I sat for a bit around 11.30 and when I got up to use the loo at 11.50, my waters went (I was initally mortified as I thought I was after wetting myself) and the contractions came so fast after that, to me it was coming hard and fast. 1 hour 40 mins later I had him in my arms, wondering what was after happening. Not sure which was better...

Paperclip - those nighties are awful but will be covered in gunk after the birth, maybe a good idea to get one that you can then dump afterwards. I have an old tshirt for the labour ward and I got some pjs in pennys with buttons, again not expensive so they can be dumped if ruined. I don't wear nighties so its not an issue for me. At home I have a stack of tank tops and some shirts so I'll be able to feed discretley. I have everything packed and ready to go. Just waiting on the baby! :)

sunshiner wrote: »
    They have a couple of nighties in dunnes so check it out.

I'm being left out today I'm just waiting on a prescription. My bags are packed the last hour! I have to return Mondays and Thursdays. Next Monday is my review for induction. And will probably be next week sometime. Can't believe it's so soon.

Tmi alert Downside is hospital food is bad that I've got awful piles can barely sit. Will put ice on them when I get home. I highly recommend ye bring fruit n yougarts for breakfast. They left me put mine in the fridge on the ward.
    Thats awful, ask for a cream for the piles, it really helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭DoubleB

Sunshiner you poor thing I can completely identify with you on the piles front. I'm the same. Mine are not sore or bleeding at the minute but more painful. As in I keep getting sharp pains down there. Am so worried about pushing during labour and making them worse or bleed. Diet is a huge thing. I've been keeping myself very regular by eating fruit n fibre and slice of high fibre bread every morning, glass of oj. Lots of fruit(pears&kiwis are especially good) a salad with lots of veg esp raw carrot, blanched broccoli and sprinkle linseeds over top for lunch and then veggies for dinner. Tonnes of water throughout the day. Works a treat I can tell ya. Every second day i have a bath with coconut oil, teatree Oil and witch hazel. its so soothing but extremely slippy so be super careful!!!! I'm sure uv been trying all that already. Hope it improves. Glad your outta hospital. In my hospital windows are all locked shut and not allowed to be opened due to building site near by. The heat was horrendous and the weather wasn't even great the days I was in so am dreading going back to that. I'm very fond of my fresh air and have to admit am fairly claustrophobic.

That bath sounds so relaxing. :)

Another question for those wearing support tank tops- where do you buy them? I'm pretty big up top (heiferish) and can never find supportive tank tops that are supportive enough...

So far it looks like Dunnes for nursing bras, penneys for button down nighties. Thanks guys, you're being really helpful. :D

• Advertisement

Murdy this may interest you. Phoned my local ford garage. Got straight thru to 'parts' and asked how much it would cost for isofix points. He said 20 euro and that they take 2 minutes to fit so he wud either show hubby how or do it for us while we wait. Might interest ur Dad. Next purchase shall be isofix base!!!!!

Yes Paperclip that concoction in bath is lovely and relaxing and skin feels great after but coconut oil makes it so slippy so help required getting in and out. Sorry I'm no help on tank tops but perhaps u could try m&s normally good but bit more expensive

DoubleB wrote: »
    Murdy this may interest you. Phoned my local ford garage. Got straight thru to 'parts' and asked how much it would cost for isofix points. He said 20 euro and that they take 2 minutes to fit so he wud either show hubby how or do it for us while we wait. Might interest ur Dad. Next purchase shall be isofix base!!!!!

Ooh, will pass that on to daddy MurdyWurdy. He might be interested so he ferry his grandchild around! Thanks :)

paperclip, mine are penneys - I can't wait until I can walk around town - usually I make a plan and stick to it, so I'm limited where I can go shopping! :) Anyway, I couldn't find a dressing gown so I went to ebay, might be worth a look.
    http://www.ebay.ie/sch/i.html?_nkw=nursing+tank+top&_sacat=15724&_odkw=nursing+night+gown&_osacat=15724&_from=R40

Also I think H&M have some nice tanks, mothercare is also worth a look, but their bras are awful! The most comfortable nursing bras are the ones with a cup within a cup, so when the outer one is down to feed, your boob is still supported properly. The mothercare ones I got had one cup and the thinest shoulder strap ever, the marks on my shoulder were so sore and I was a double d cup

aknitter wrote: »

Also I think H&M have some nice tanks, mothercare is also worth a look, but their bras are awful! The most comfortable nursing bras are the ones with a cup within a cup, so when the outer one is down to feed, your boob is still supported properly. The mothercare ones I got had one cup and the thinest shoulder strap ever, the marks on my shoulder were so sore and I was a double d cup

Where did you get your comfortable nursing bras?

A boutique in Ennis, it could be a triumph, not sure - will check later, its packed away and the bag is in the room the 2 year old is napping in!

aknitter wrote: »
    A boutique in Ennis, it could be a triumph, not sure - will check later, its packed away and the bag is in the room the 2 year old is napping in!

Let us know anyway! Once my milk had come in and I've established feeding I'll be looking for some good ones :)

So tired all the time still. Just slept from 4- 6, couldn't keep my eyes open. I was groggy all day before that too. Going to aqua fit now so the water should perk me up, feel like a beached whale in my togs though!

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭lynda18

really sore day today really bad pressure pain wet to doctor and bump dropped but head not engaged yet ;( how u all feeling
    ? I'm sore and headache and cramps and over tired! Had great day yest. And no pain suppose we just be up and down from now!
    Murdy might get my iron checked as I'm wrecked too hard to stay up!
    Hope u enjoy aqua!

H&m have good vests in maternity section, there's a support piece in them plus the strap unclips for feeding. Theyre nice and long also. Come in pack of 2 black and white.

Not feeding ideal but Penneys have fantastic stretch crop bras which are like those JML ones but far more supportive and only 4 Euro.

Lynda hope you are ok ...

I feel very weird today knowing d day is weds...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

I was in penneys today and I got 2 pairs of flip flops for €2.50 and they also have some long sleeveless button down tops (not all the way down - but definitely down enough to breastfeed) for €4.50 each. I wouldn't wear them out and about alone but I will definitely use them as pajamas and they'd be fine under shirts etc. I must look at h&m too.

Just packed the hospital bag tonight - so getting there!

Went to xtra-vision and got 3 new releases for the next few nights - can't wait for hospital appointment on Monday to see if baby has turned.

so exciting about Wednesday KK - best of luck! X

Advertisement