Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due June 2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭netopia

Where did you get your comfortable nursing bras?

I got a couple of these.

http://www.figleaves.com/uk/product/EJ-361/Next-Generation-Nursing-Bra/?size=&colour=

Not fantastic on the support front but they're nice & comfy, there's room for growth and the price was fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭aknitter

The good one I got was called Anita, it was expensive around €40 I think.

Penneys have nursing bras too, not the best but better than mothercare and at 2 for €10 they are good value esp if you think your size will change. Thought their sizes are limited.

My back is sore tonight - the toddler is a handful - I have limited lap space these days so changing him is a challenge (would normally have hubby doing it but he was giving our older girl maths grinds ahead of her summer tests next week). I am too tired to shower!

kitty, I would like to know a d-day! are you being sectioned or are you being induced? Either way best of luck. Hard to believe that some of us will have babies in may and some may be late and go into July...well lets hope against going late!

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭lynda18

Thanks kranky kitty are any rest u getting very
    Sore need urinate and when going toilet wit pressure?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Can't believe you will have baby so soon KK, I'm really excited for you!

I'm quite sore when walking etc and a lot of pressure down below. The swimming helped loads tonight. My heartburn is getting worse though, just had some rice pudding and rennie which should help. I feel like a fire breathing dragon :)

I'm 35 weeks today so I'm happy for baby to come whenever now, come on baby!!

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭paperclipgrad

Heartburn here as well! Plus feeling quite tired and waddly these days, can't wait to get my usual energy levels back...

Hubs really wants to call baby after his maternal grandfather (John) who died when his mother was quite young. For the sake of symmetry, we're now considering giving it the middle name of MY maternal grandfather (Herbert).

Thing is, I quite like the nickname Herbie for a little baby :) He could be John when he's older and little baby Herbie. Does that sound cute or just kind of weird?

I like it. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

lynda18 wrote: »
    Thanks kranky kitty are any rest u getting very
    Sore need urinate and when going toilet wit pressure?

Hey Lynda, I haven't got any of that pressure or the increased need for peeing.. I think the baby is still very high up on me though. That could be a good sign that baby is engaged and down for you? It sounds very uncomfortable though :(
    aknitter wrote: »

kitty, I would like to know a d-day! are you being sectioned or are you being induced? Either way best of luck. Hard to believe that some of us will have babies in may and some may be late and go into July...well lets hope against going late!

It is great knowing the day but scary as well! Having a section. I hope everyone goes on the day they want now, it's hard to be thinking of going over :(

Sorry to hear the heartburn is at everyone too - I gave in a couple of weeks ago and got a prescription of Losec but between that and Gaviscon I still have the heartburn. Might be worth considering asking for something if you still have a few weeks to go?

Paperclip - baby Herbie is very cute!!

Hopefully you get the section early enough tomorrow and your little one will be here tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing a pic!

My heartburn only gets bad at night and taking Rennie seems to help enough to get me asleep. I'm in agony today though with leg pain, I have been suffering with knee joint pain and leg cramps for a while, mainly overnight but last night it got really bad and I was pretty much awake from 4am with it. Going to have a bath now to see if it helps but it's so painful :(

I like baby Herbie! - only problem is that by the time he's older it will be harder to call him John and Herbie will stick. It might not suit him when he's older! I know a family that called their youngest bop as a nickname and it was really hard for them to stop calling him that when he got to about 4 and call him by his actual name!

Can't believe tomorrow is your big day- pics pics pics!!! Let us know in extreme detail how everything goes. Are you nervous? How long will you need to stay in hosp for after your section?

Murdy- heartburn is usually worse when you lie down, try sitting up a bit more and drink milk, that usually helps me, but then I don't get very bad heartburn. I do get the painful joints though- try making up a hot water bottle and holding it to the area, that sometimes helps.

I don't think it'd stick too long-Husband isn't a big fan of Herbie so I can see him being glad when we start calling him John instead! My family would love Herbie though, it's my brother's middle name so sometimes we used to call him that for the craic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

Have to stay in 5 nights, in a way it's good as it's reassuring to have the midwifes and doctors around while we learn how to look after the baby. Quite nervous - it's one of those things though the baby has to come out one way or another and neither necessarily fantastic, but there's no getting away from it at this stage! Just dreading the first day really.

You never know, Herbie could stick Paperclip! One of my friends is called by her middle name (which most people only realised at her wedding when the priest said the full name)

Have to stay in 5 nights, in a way it's good as it's reassuring to have the midwifes and doctors around while we learn how to look after the baby. Quite nervous - it's one of those things though the baby has to come out one way or another and neither necessarily fantastic, but there's no getting away from it at this stage! Just dreading the first day really.

You never know, Herbie could stick Paperclip! One of my friends is called by her middle name (which most people only realised at her wedding when the priest said the full name)

Mr brother's friend is called by the name his parents called the bump when his mum was pregnant with him. It just stuck! I don't even know his real name and he's 30!

I'm sure you must be really nervous but at least you know when it is happening and that you will have baby safely here soon. 5 nights in hospital will fly by too! Are you going to go out for dinner or something tonight as your last night just the two of you? Have you got everything packed?

• Advertisement

Hmm.....conflicting decisions! I guess we'll just see if it looks like a Herbie when it comes out. :) It may still be a girl but I have a strong feeling that it'll be a boy...

Good idea Murdy, KK, you and the hubster should go out for a nice meal/walk/cinema to mark your last night together without babs!

We're planning a fancy dinner out this week ourselves to celebrate the end of my exams/lectures and to make the most of our short time left before the little one comes. Needless to say, it's not a child friendly restaurant that we're planning on going to! Only downside is I won't be able to order a nice glass of red...
    ....I really like red wine...just a bit though. I'm not a big drinker really (neither is he), but I love the taste of a good hearty red wine. Mmmm. <3 Especially with french cheeses and breads! Guess what we'll be buying a lot of in July? :D

That sounds like a lovely evening out! Me and hubby are talking about doing the same but maybe over bank hol weekend. You could have a small glass of red at dinner if you wanted. I know they say a small glass every so often in third trimester is ok. I'm not really missing wine so haven't felt the need but you could have a little treat!

I also miss cheese so much and will be eating lots of blue and Brie in July! We should have a meet up with the babies and all just stuff our faces with a massive soft cheese board ! :) I was in Superquinn the other day and the woman in front of me had two wedges of port salut in her basket. I was drooling!

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Couchkitten

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    That sounds like a lovely evening out! Me and hubby are talking about doing the same but maybe over bank hol weekend. You could have a small glass of red at dinner if you wanted. I know they say a small glass every so often in third trimester is ok. I'm not really missing wine so haven't felt the need but you could have a little treat!

I also miss cheese so much and will be eating lots of blue and Brie in July! We should have a meet up with the babies and all just stuff our faces with a massive soft cheese board ! :) I was in Superquinn the other day and the woman in front of me had two wedges of port salut in her basket. I was drooling!

Yumm can't wait to have a cheeseboard and a bottle of wine. Sick of this tiny taste of wine in a glass thing, i just can't enjoy it.

I'm 35 weeks now - starting to get uncomfortable now....looking forward to finishing work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭aknitter

Sometimes I get a mad craving for wine but even the smell can cause me to get heartburn, on a lovely day like today though a bulmers would have hit the spot!

I had a midwife appointment today and all is well. I asked for a scan to just be sure about the position of the baby but it seems that the little mite wiggled to where he's supposed to be. I also found out that we're having a boy, apparently my lad was very proud of his little lad and it was so obvious!! Now the midwife doing the scan told me she was not trained in sexing babies and not to go decorating nursery's or anything but even I could make out his bits!! 3 for 3 for me in guessing what I'm having - please don't mention this on facebook - don't want to share it with family just yet.

Wow aknitter a boy big congrats !!! It's so long since had scan id love assurance all ok

I been up all night cannot wait now to hav baby :)
    Kranky kitty best luck be thinking of you today!

:pac:Woooo, today's the big day for you, Helen!! :pac::pac:

Totally wrecked this morning- barely got any sleep last night! Just couldn't get comfortable or something...woke up feeling like I'd had no sleep at all! :/

Good practice for when little one comes, I guess....but I'd rather stock up on my sleep for now! All of ye sleeping OK these days?

No, I'm sleeping terribly. Sleep for 8/9 hours and it feels like 4. It seems cruel that in the last few weeks of pregnancy you sleep so badly when you have so many sleepless nights ahead. I'm just so uncomfortable! Luckily I can nap easily so have been sleeping for 2 hours in the afternoons.

Congrats on the boy alnitter! So exciting :) it's funny when you see the boy bits in the scan. They're pretty recognisable!

Best of luck today KK - thinking of you loads!

Seems like everyone is having a boy these days! Popular, I guess. :D I'm thinking maybe the lack of boy parts every time I've had a scan (I've been looking pretty carefully, even though they've been scanning fast) means something? We'll find out in a few weeks anyway!

I know what you mean about it being cruel- at least now we can figure out ways of dealing with the lack of sleep! Think I'll be napping at least some of today...sadly I find it difficult to sleep during the daytime, mom says I was the same when I was little, I remember not wanting to go for naps after school when I was in junior infants. :p

Seems like everyone is having a boy these days! Popular, I guess. :D I'm thinking maybe the lack of boy parts every time I've had a scan (I've been looking pretty carefully, even though they've been scanning fast) means something? We'll find out in a few weeks anyway!

I know what you mean about it being cruel- at least now we can figure out ways of dealing with the lack of sleep! Think I'll be napping at least some of today...sadly I find it difficult to sleep during the daytime, mom says I was the same when I was little, I remember not wanting to go for naps after school when I was in junior infants. :p

Yeah, some people aren't great nappers. I have friends that just can 't sleep during the day, no matter what. I'm a great napper, can sleep really easily. Hope it stands me in good stead when baby arrives! I'm hoping to sleep when he does.

You never know with scan, your little one could just have been hiding! It'll be a nice surprise for you anyway :)

Hubby has gone back to work today, thank god! He is the worst patient, he doesn't deal with pain or discomfort well at all so by yesterday he was driving me mad. Lucky for us I'm the one going through pregnancy and childbirth, he just wouldn't be able for it!

• Advertisement

Yes going bed is turning into nightmare and trying lie still still don't wake other half!
    Ha I'm not a day time sleeper either so going bed by ten cause sleep from then till half one ok !
    Sunshiner how u? U still out hospital? Will u baby be induced early too?
    Yes defo more boys than girls! ;) i am dying no what it is

Finished work proper yest and just starting feel so excited i as so nervous so long and wanted me and oh to keep wit life we had and the fun a little longer but I can already see how baby making us more a family Already! Just need get rid of bump for some things to get back and we be happy out ;)

Imagine if guys DID go through pregnancy/childbirth! If man flu is anything to go by it'd be horrific...actually I think I prefer it this way around! At least I get to ask him to bring me things and pick up stuff off the floor.

I actually dread putting shoes on these days! I have to grab my ankle, put it on my knee, put on shoe while breathing shallowly, then repeat with other foot. Baby hates it when I bend over for any reason!

At least it's only 5 weeks left. 5 weeks sounds like a long time...but then I think 5 weeks ago was April 17th! That seems so recent. :-o

Yeah, I'm trying to think how quick 5 weeks will go (well 4 weeks 5 days until due date!) I just hope I don't go over by much. The last 5 weeks went very quickly anyway. I guess now that we're all more uncomfortable it feels slower :)

I am also glad I'm the one having the babies and he can look after me, especially when I was so sick for the first 4 months. He would not have coped with that.

Congrats at finishing work Lynda! Exciting :)

Just booked a pregnancy massage at a nice spa for tomorrow. It's supposed to aid sleeplessness so fingers crossed. I can't wait for a bit of pampering :)

Eternally grateful that I didn't get morning sickness! I guess everyone has their own cross to bear in pregnancies though, for me it was my back! Very few people have totally painless pregnancies I guess.

I'll never understand how people can get pregnant, have the baby and not know they were pregnant all along. HOW?? There's even a tv show about it!

That pregnancy massage sounds amazing. How much was it?

Oh murdy would love that so much enjoy

How many baby gros u all get for hospital? I didn't get too many as scared get lots presents! Did u all get newborn or 0/3month! I got most 0/3 month now I'm thinking i don't hav enough!!went through hospital bag again!

Oh murdy would love that so much enjoy

How many baby gros u all get for hospital? I didn't get too many as scared get lots presents! Did u all get newborn or 0/3month! I got most 0/3 month now I'm thinking i don't hav enough!!went through hospital bag again!

I got 0-3 months because I reckon if i go on time baby will be about 8lbs. I have 6 vests and 6 babygros packed in the hospital bag (and another 6 or so of each at home too) plus an outfit to put on just after he is born and one for going home :)

I only bought 0-3 months stuff as people generally give presents in bigger sizes ( I've got some pressies already and they were all 3-6 months)

Oh I think I better get bit more! Plenty vests but not enough baby grows! Are u brining home in baby gro! I suppose u are right people will buy bigger aswel!

In class they told us get some vests that only come
    To waist so air can get in at cord! I got some in mothercare and they wrap over so easy get on :) no over head :) my friend told me bring Lots vests and bibs!

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭sunshiner

Yes going bed is turning into nightmare and trying lie still still don't wake other half!
    Ha I'm not a day time sleeper either so going bed by ten cause sleep from then till half one ok !
    Sunshiner how u? U still out hospital? Will u baby be induced early too?
    Yes defo more boys than girls! ;) i am dying no what it is

Finished work proper yest and just starting feel so excited i as so nervous so long and wanted me and oh to keep wit life we had and the fun a little longer but I can already see how baby making us more a family Already! Just need get rid of bump for some things to get back and we be happy out ;)
    Hey linda, yeah im still out, have to go back up tomorrow for ctg and a scan.
    Monday i will go up for clinic and blood tests. and they will give me my induction date which will be next week.

You must be delighted to finish up work. Yeah im a bit nervous now after being in hospital for the week your eyes are opened to lots of things. All ill say is stay at home for as long as possible if u can. Better than lying in a cubicle for hours.

Ive not been on much so will have to catch up on all the posts. Its been a bit crazy since ive come home. washing stuff to put into suitcase and the house is in awful state. Hope everyone is well and that aknitter is doing well today.

• Advertisement

Sunshiner glad u out hospital! Don't over worry bout house get oh and even family help if need! U need plenty rest and no stress now!
    God exciting we will hav plenty babies by June :) hope U feeling well

Advertisement