Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due June 2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭DoubleB

Hi ladies! Wow it's all kicking off here isn't it? Lots of storks bringing new arrivals(I love that image) if only it was so easy!!! At my appointment I was told I won't be left to go overdue anymore than a few days due to my history. I'm thrilled as I know babs will deffo be here by 16th or 17th yippy!!! Can't wait to hear about today's arrival.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭aknitter

Ya am excited, got to see the face aswell and he looks like my 2 year old! I think the 2 year old will get on better with a boy but I suppose there are no guarantees they will get on but here's hoping.

Sleep is a nightmare, between back/hips, heartburn or breathlessness it can be a struggle. I nap if I've done something tough or am going out in the evening. Just looking forward to being done with this! :) So bouncing on the gym ball is a must and then my pelvic tilts!

I am going to go for a pedicure soon - I hate anyone at my feet but like you paperclip, I can't get at my feet to look after them properly and they feel so rough! I was delighted when I cut my own nails the other day! Lap space is also at a premium!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

It is all kicking off here - so exciting! Babies everywhere :) Glad you got home Sunshiner, I'd be like you too, wanting to spend as much time at home as possible. I'm hoping I have a straightforward delivery so I can be eligible for early discharge and only spend one night in the hospital. Fingers crossed!

A pedicure sounds nice aknitter, if I could afford it I'd get that done tomorrow as well. I can't reach my toes and think I'll need hubby to trim/paint nails for me but not sure how good he'll be at it. I have a voucher for the massage which is why I'm able to go! I want to get my hair cut too before my due date so I won't need to for a while.

I slept a lot better last night then other night this week but I'm back from going to meet a friend for coffee and I can't keep my eyes open, even though I have stuff to do around the house. I'm just so exhausted all the time. I'm trying not to worry about the house, it can stay messy it's probably best for me to sleep if I need it :)

murdy, its the one thing you can count on and that is that the house work will always need doing! Its hard to ignore it.

I have put all my old newborn sized stuff back into the attic and only have all my 0-3 month size out (even the pink as there will be a day when it will poo, snot and spit up all the time and no matter how much you have you'll come close to running out!).

How about buying some baby gros or vests or whatever, keeping them in the press with receipts and tags etc on. That way you have enough and can exchange later on when you have a better idea of the size you need. Actually ask for a gift receipt too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭lynda18

Yes think ill get mini pedi on Monday myself so toes ready for the day :)
    For getting no sleep id real energetic day! Got into ante natal class walk and lots little house jobs! Gotta make most days we well! Trying get all house ready durring week so me And oh can enjoy last of our weekends!

Kranky kitty hope all well for u!

Bluesky how the twins gettjng on ?

• Advertisement

A knitter why put newborn in attic? Will u not use that size?

Yep, the housework is never done. I had a nice sleep this afternoon instead of doing anything so I'm pottering about now folding clothes and things. Hubby can't do much at the moment cos of the surgery so it's all on me! I'm trying to remember nobody cares if my floors are vacuumed or not so just go with it and enjoy my last few weeks of being able to nap whenever I want. At least I have everything ready for baby so it's just normal house stuff I've to do. ankitter, I don't know how you do it with a 2 year old and being 8 months pregnant!

Lynda - you can always send your OH or a family member out to get more babygros if you need them, if you didn't want to buy them now.

I wonder how Krankykitty got on?!

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭paperclipgrad

Just think, she is snuggling up with her little baby now!

I'm with you on the house stuff- I'm just sort of doing bits and pieces here and there. I got really lightheaded after scrubbing the kitchen floor. Hubs is on vacuuming duty from now on! :)
    Are ye feeling more physically tired these days? It seems like everything just requires more energy to do...

Yep, I am just so tired all the time, not sleepy tired but just so drained and lethargic. It's apparently very common in the last month. Top three symptoms this month according to my app are fatigue, cramps and back pain. So check to all those for me! The cramps only started recently though :)

I have my baby afternoon tea on Sunday so will need to do a big clean on the house as well as lots of baking. After that it can all go to hell in a handbasket for all I care! I'll be off duty and hubby can take over.

Lynda - both my babies were on the big size and the newborn sizes just didn't fit, so I never used them last time and I think my first got one wear out of them. I'll use the 0-3 month sizes - won't be as much stuff cluttering up the house - it helps anyway that I have loads of boy stuff now to get ready.

Murdy - I have a 14 year old too and she is a great help. But routine is key with babies and toddlers - he still has a nap after lunch so that makes life easier.

Paperclip, I hoovered today aswell - its supposed to be a big no no for those of us with back pain!

• Advertisement

Actually, I meant to ask- bump has been really sore/tender for a couple of days now, particularly when I stand up. Any suggestions for relieving it?

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭DoubleB

Paperclip my bump was really tender last night. Also baby lay on a nerve and nearly floored me with the pain for bout ten mins. Pain went down into my groin and leg. It really was horrendous! I find a bath great for all aches and pains. I love my baths. Going to have one soon.

Any news from KK? I am so excited to hear. Hope they are both well.

I'm worried about how unfit I am. I literally can't walk up the stairs. The tiredness is unbelievable isn't it?

For those of you with more kids, how long did it take before you were back in your prepregnancy clothes? I'm excited to wear my nice things again!! Thou I know it'll be a while.

btw---> GO LOOK AT THE FACEBOOK PAGE!! :D

Now we have three babies :) So exciting!

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭lainycool

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    Now we have three babies :) So exciting!

And scary! We have to do this in a few weeks eek!

Not bad considering June is still 10 days away!!

lainycool wrote: »
    And scary! We have to do this in a few weeks eek!

Have a baby they said, be grand they said...

Just watched one born every minute oh god to think we be actually doing that soon is mad ;)

lynda18 wrote: »
    Just watched one born every minute oh god to think we be actually doing that soon is mad ;)

I've stopped watching it as it freaks me out! I've been getting period like pains for the last few days, anyone else have these? I'd love if it was a sign that labour was on the way as I really want to avoid induction!

lainycool wrote: »
    I've stopped watching it as it freaks me out! I've been getting period like pains for the last few days, anyone else have these? I'd love if it was a sign that labour was on the way as I really want to avoid induction!

I have bad period type pains tonight. It 's quite uncomfortable but apparently common at this stage. I'd also love if it was a sign of labour but think it's a bit early for that for me!

• Advertisement

I had bad period pains all Monday but then since stopped! Think. Could be baby pushing down or some step closer but not labour. Never no though !;)

I presumed it was my uterus getting ready, prepping itself for the big day!

I am getting so impatient and have over 4 weeks until due date. I've never been a patient person and finding this hard now! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

Hey all, thanks for all the well wishes and support today. Baby girl born by c section today, 6lb 5oz!

I'll fill you in properly about the ins and outs of the procedure soon, just in case it helps anyone who ends up having a scheduled procedure.....

It is pretty sore afterwards but not painful at all during, and not too scary.

What a day! I can hardly believe it :)

Congrats kk, have ye a name?

Am getting the period pains too - I think it common to get the pains even if you don't get a period like if you run two packs of the pill together.

Can't remember when I got into my prepregnancy clothes, just do your self a favour and wait 2 weeks before trying them on - you'll have to loose a bit of water weight and that can take a few days. Its so depressing coming out of hospital trying on your jeans and they not going farther than your thighs!

I was presuming it would be about 6 weeks until my clothes would look right again, will prob wait until then to try.

Glad all is well KK, hope you're not too sore today and you are getting some quality time with your little one. The pics are gorgeous!

I'm so uncomfortable today. Woke up at 4am with cramps, muscle pains on the left if my bump and terrible leg cramps. Was awake for ages. Trying to go back to sleep - I've to go out later for massage and dinner and I want to be able to enjoy it!

I hear ya on the leg cramps, I woke up this morning with them and a sore throat, it's my 2nd last day in work today and I feel like tomorrow will never come!

I also wouldn't attempt to put my normal clothes near me for a while although I did wash all my jeans last week to freshen them up and I had washed everything else so needed something to do ha!

I find that every pain I get I'm very aware of now even though it's probably nothing, it's amazing how things change a couple of weeks ago I was really scared about the labour and I was just thinking to myself last night that I'm so ready for it now!
    I just can't wait to have my little man safe in my arms :-)

I was thinking about the clothes thing myself, I have quite a lot of stretchy pre-pregnancy clothes that I wore/am wearing during pregnancy so I'll probably stick to them for a while before going near the jeans again! I remember so distinctly the first day that my jeans would no longer button up...it was so exciting!

Off to hospital now for checkup and thyroid level results. All went well with GP on Monday so am hoping for a nice quick hospital checkup today. I'll ask if baby has engaged yet, was getting lots of shooting pains in pelvis so thought it might be that.

Hope you get lots of naps in today, Murday- get as many pillows as you can and put them around yourself, sometimes that helps if you have muscle pains. Tiger balm also helps for that now and again, especially for leg cramps. Take a nice warm bath to freshen up and relax for this evening. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭Jennii.

Oh My God Krankykitty, Congratulations :) you must be delighted :') Any idea on a name? :D

paperclip, I got a belly band and find it really helps with those annoying pains in the abdomen. Hope you're not too long at the hospital.

Murdy - try sleeping with a pillow between your knees if you are on your side or under your knees if you are on your back or propped up. Really helps with the pain, also don't stretch with your toes pointed try to keep your foot perpendicular to your leg - I get less cramps that way.

I was at the cinema last night (finally to see star trek!) and after my ankles were so swollen they were sore - it was warm in there and it was a long film and the swelling is gone now so nothing to worry about but I have to say cankles are not a good look on me ! :)

• Advertisement

I sleep with a body pillow (his name is cedric) which does help but I think waking up early is just how it'll be for the next few weeks. All I can do is take it easy during the day I guess. I'm trying not to card that stuff needs doing :)

Did you enjoy Star Trek aknitter? My hubby is a big fan, we went last week and the baby seemed to enjoy it!

Advertisement