Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due June 2013

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Lynda, hopefully you get some twinges soon! Is your next app this day next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭lynda18

Yes hope so murdy Thanks! Back midwife this day next week so think we just plan a nice bank holiday don't think much will happen wit baba ;)

Kk hope u feeling better

I'm just back walk trying sleep better as Been 2 uncomfy past two nights!

lynda18 wrote: »
    Yes hope so murdy Thanks! Back midwife this day next week so think we just plan a nice bank holiday don't think much will happen wit baba ;)

Kk hope u feeling better

I'm just back walk trying sleep better as Been 2 uncomfy past two nights!

I slept so badly last night as well, I can feel my eyes dropping already when normally I wouldn't be sleepy until much later. Hope you get a better night's sleep tonight.

Just enjoying the bank holiday weekend seems like a good idea! We've a few nice things to do over the weekend so looking forward to some time together. Baby will come when it's ready! I was talking to hubby about it today and my official guess is that I will go into labour at 40 + 4 so the 28th June :P

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭paperclipgrad

We've been taking guesses from the family as to sex, birth weight and delivery date. Bearing in mind that my due date is the 26th, I was disturbed to see the number of guesses in July!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

Girls - can someone tell me how to join the facebook page?!? Thanks!

• Advertisement

We've been taking guesses from the family as to sex, birth weight and delivery date. Bearing in mind that my due date is the 26th, I was disturbed to see the number of guesses in July!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

I also do not want a July baby! All the guesses I got were before my due date (24th June) but I think that is being a bit optimistic :)
    highly1111 wrote: »
    Girls - can someone tell me how to join the facebook page?!? Thanks!

Just send a private message through boards to one of us with your facebook user name/email address and then we can add you as a friend. Once we have done that we can add you to the private group. Krankykitty had been organising but she's probably got her hands full. I'm happy for you to pm me :)

oh, and I'm guessing 8lbs 1oz as the weight! I asked the midwife today is the baby was a normal size because I'm so sick of being told how neat I am and how I don't look 36 weeks pregnant. I was getting worried baby was small. The midwife said he feels normal to her so not to worry :)

Just got a PM from aknitter there - so hopefully it'll work and I'll get the invite!!

That's great MW - glad you got on so well today too.

You and I are so close - we could end up in opposite beds with our babies!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭aknitter

Murdy - hope you feel a bit better, its good to get things done but I've just about given up! I'm going to my mothers for the weekend (giving hubby a night off) and I've them warned I am sitting on my bum and not leaving the house! :)
    I was asking about the cat cause I think she has noticed that there is a baby on the way - sounds odd but usually she only blesses us with attention when shes hungry, now I feel like I have a furry shadow!

Everyone I know is convinced that a. I am having a girl (sorry its a boy!) and b. I'll be early!

Just got a PM from aknitter there - so hopefully it'll work and I'll get the invite!!

That's great MW - glad you got on so well today too.

You and I are so close - we could end up in opposite beds with our babies!!!

I'd love that - being hospital buddies :) I can take advantage of your expertise!

Glad you got the fb thing sorted!
    aknitter wrote: »
    Murdy - hope you feel a bit better, its good to get things done but I've just about given up! I'm going to my mothers for the weekend (giving hubby a night off) and I've them warned I am sitting on my bum and not leaving the house! :)
    I was asking about the cat cause I think she has noticed that there is a baby on the way - sounds odd but usually she only blesses us with attention when shes hungry, now I feel like I have a furry shadow!

Everyone I know is convinced that a. I am having a girl (sorry its a boy!) and b. I'll be early!

She's making sure you know she's your baby too - cute :) I plan to sit on my bum for the rest of the week now, apart from breastfeeding class on Friday. I'm absolutely shattered! Maybe you will go early as it's your third. Aren't first babies usually late but then after that they come a bit earlier? We have the same due date so I'll be interested if you do go early!

• Advertisement

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    I'd love that - being hospital buddies :) I can take advantage of your expertise!

She's making sure you know she's your baby too - cute :) I plan to sit on my bum for the rest of the week now, apart from breastfeeding class on Friday. I'm absolutely shattered! Maybe you will go early as it's your third. Aren't first babies usually late but then after that they come a bit earlier? We have the same due date so I'll be interested if you do go early!

I don't know about expertise!!! I thought I'd definitely feel the baby turn - and I didn't!!! Hopefully that means there's lots of fluid though which is good as I had to be induced on my first because I was losing fluid.

I was also induced on number 2 because of being so overdue (I was overdue on number 1 too - never nice!!) so I've never gone into labour by myself so I'm still very nervous as to how that happens!! I'm petrified that i'll be putting washing on the line / bending down to pick up a toy and whoooosssh..... there goes waters!!! what happens then!?!?! ah well - in my dreams - I CANNOT wait to go into labour - I'd take the shame of it happening in the middle of supervalu at the moment!!! Just to get going!! So I really hope that there is some truth that the more babies you have the earlier they come - unfortunately it didn't happen with my 2 but lucky number 3 maybe!!

I don't know about expertise!!! I thought I'd definitely feel the baby turn - and I didn't!!! Hopefully that means there's lots of fluid though which is good as I had to be induced on my first because I was losing fluid.

I was also induced on number 2 because of being so overdue (I was overdue on number 1 too - never nice!!) so I've never gone into labour by myself so I'm still very nervous as to how that happens!! I'm petrified that i'll be putting washing on the line / bending down to pick up a toy and whoooosssh..... there goes waters!!! what happens then!?!?! ah well - in my dreams - I CANNOT wait to go into labour - I'd take the shame of it happening in the middle of supervalu at the moment!!! Just to get going!! So I really hope that there is some truth that the more babies you have the earlier they come - unfortunately it didn't happen with my 2 but lucky number 3 maybe!!

Well, according to the midwife at our antenatal class, women's waters break naturally in only 30% of cases so it would be more likely the hospital would break them for you!

Thats what they say, but I was early both times, one week first and one day the next. Also they say that the second comes faster than the first, in my case its true. It will be interesting to see what happens with us! I'm hoping to go early but you never know.

Highly - my waters went on their own the 2nd time and I swear I though I was after peeing on myself! Was morto! But then the contractions got so strong so fast I didn't care. I'm getting to the point where I can't wait to go into labour too!

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭sunshiner

Hey ladies so if u r not on fb ill fill ye in.
    Baby daisy arrived within 3hours of waters being broken. Was only in the delivery room 40mins midwives were amazed how quickly I dialated and ready to push. Used gas n air and had pethadine but literally only got those in the last hour of it.

Baby daisy arrived at 2.03pm weighing 6.1lb so smaller than predicted. She has some breathing difficulties and spending time in neonatal care. So I'm doing fine as is daddy who was fab.

Hope to feed her today or express for her.She is a perfect wee thing. In love with her.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pat McGhee

Aw congrats sunshiner, delighted for you both. Nice labour time!! I hope I'll be so lucky come Sept.
    How's daisy now, is she still in neonatal?

So happy for sunshiner and beautiful daisy!
    Wen walk last night and bounced ball so slept great for first time!
    Alot less movement today though so hope baby ok.
    So close now be terrifie goes
    Wrong now!

Paperglad hope u feeling better and kk hope time alone wit baby and oh is helping u.

Still horrified over prime time we are in for a life
    Of worry! Feel so sorry for the parents of show who are doing their best.
    Good though to get us all more aware and no what look for and hope strict policies come into place now.

The thing is, no random stranger will care as much about your child as you do. They're just 'doing their job'. There are obviously people who love kids and enjoy spending time around them and work in childcare for that reason. Unfortunately it's also seen as a job that's easy to get into so you get a lot of people without much childcare experience (Even thought they may have done a course, it's not the same as having spent thousands of hours of babysitting in your teens). Think about it- even mothers get frustrated with their own kids at times, it's no different for a creche worker.

If I needed to leave my child with someone, I would try to get either a live in au pair or someone who minds kids in their own homes, go over to their house, talk to them, see how they interact with their own kids/other kids/your kids. You can usually tell how it'll work out that way. When you leave kids at a creche, most of the time you don't know the actual people who will be working with your child- you may just talk to the manager but not the other workers. If I absolutely had to send them to a creche, I would ask if I could sit in for a day with my child and see how they operate normally.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Couchkitten

Well, according to the midwife at our antenatal class, women's waters break naturally in only 30% of cases so it would be more likely the hospital would break them for you!

I've been reading that this is because hospitals still generally routinely break waters.This is despite the fact that the most up to date research and guidelines state that breaking water routinely (i.e. different if there is a reason to break them) shouldn't be done.

See the cochrane review of the research here if your interested
    http://summaries.cochrane.org/CD006167/amniotomy-for-shortening-spontaneous-labour

I'll be asking that they don't break my waters unless it is necessary.

I've been reading that this is because hospitals still generally routinely break waters.This is despite the fact that the most up to date research and guidelines state that breaking water routinely (i.e. different if there is a reason to break them) shouldn't be done.

See the cochrane review of the research here if your interested
    http://summaries.cochrane.org/CD006167/amniotomy-for-shortening-spontaneous-labour

I'll be asking that they don't break my waters unless it is necessary.

Interesting :) We discussed it at out antenatal class and the midwife said the main reason they do it is to check for meconium in the waters, not really to make labour shorter - that can show if baby is in distress and if they need to keep a closer eye on you both in labour and speed things along. So I'm happy enough for them to do it for that reason. She did say that some women request them not to do it and they have no problem with that!

A student midwife took my blood yesterday and butchered my arm, have huge bruises and it's so sore! I don't mind needles at all but it's a bit annoying not being able to lift one arm today - have stuff to do around the house!

So exciting we had another arrival! I can't believe it's June on Saturday, we'll be getting loads more babies :) I go to the orthodontist every 4 weeks and had my appointment yesterday, I made another appointment for 4 weeks time which is the day after my due date. That made it feel really real! Al the staff were saying if I missed the appointment they'd know why but I have a funny feeling I'll be attending it :)

Child care be tricky for everyone and even learning to thrust a minder will be hard. So many stories out there but we all just hav do best as flow our instincts and hope works out!

God hard No bout waters! I think I'm just going wait till time comes and listen to
    Midwifes advice as I don't no what's best or how labor go! Just hope it comes nice and safe and well.

Went out breakfast today and now sitting out back reading Tuesdays wit morrie!
    First day I allowed self to just chill: ) feelings bet well today so going just enjoy !
    Going out wit oh tonight for chicken wings and Ireland and England game :) enjoy it while lasts! Decided going take each day and plan life like normal too cause was getting Impatient bout due date :)

• Advertisement

Yeah, we're keeping busy too, trying not to just be waiting around for baby! We're planning a day out on Saturday and then Sunday we're going to collect the travel system and taking my parents out for lunch and meeting up with friends on Monday. It feels nice to be filling the weekend up! It's our last baby-free bank holiday weekend :)

Enjoy tonight Lynda!

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭DoubleB

Howdie all,

Ok today's dilemma is as follows- woke up this morning feeling exceptionally uncomfortable. Walked my doggies and got on with things. Pressure down below intensified throughout the day and those period like pains that many of you described have been coming and going. Then around an hour ago I felt baby do a massive jerking movement and this was followed by a contracting type pain. Feel sore and pain on and off down low ever since. Any thoughts? Perhaps labour on the way soon????!!!!! Tummy getting hard like Braxton Hicks regularly but havent timed as of yet.

Oh double b u never no. My midwife told me to bounce ln ball or walk for bh to encourage baby down more !! Just relax and go wit flow for tonight .

Double B, it could be something or it could be nothing! Afraid you'll need to wait and see. Try timing, that should give you a better idea. Being on all fours and using a gym ball encourage things along

Daisy is lovely Sunshiner.

I had my last physio app today, very gentle (compared to last few times) as doing anything too much now can bring on the labour! In two weeks I will be begging for someone to do that!! I sat in the sun then until dinner time and I think my shoulders and chest are burnt!

Here's hoping the weekend will be as nice as today.

Also sat in the sun today! I read a book about ecological breastfeeding, found it fascinating. Here's a wikipedia article on the topic:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lactational_amenorrhea

If followed correctly, it can naturally space children to 2/3 years apart, think I'll be doing it myself.

Could be something DoubleB! I did some reading up on it today because I had loads of intermittent cramps last night and wanted some advice on how to know if it was false labour or not. The thing I read said real contractions would get regular and nothing that you do would change the intensity while the period type pains or back ache you get with false labour are not regular at all and walking around/moving position etc can relieve them.

Would be exciting if you had baby on the way!

When I went in, the midwife said sometimes the BH/false labour can be strong enough to feel like the real thing. I know I did really think it was the real deal for a while- stomach was contracting quite strongly and it was pretty painful...had to do the old breathing exercises...

So really the only way you can tell is if it's regular, increasing in severity and your plug comes out. If there are waters, it's defo labour!!

Only 28 days to go! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Couchkitten

That's interesting Murdy - I'll have to read up more about it, I'm doing an antenatal class this week so I'll ask there too. I hate the thought of being prodded and poked and injected.....

So this evening we went out for dinner and I had eaten half my chicken breast when I realised that it was completely raw on the inside...restaurant were extremely apologetic and our whole meal was on the house but I'm a bit worried now? I feel fine but I'm not sure if I should ring the hospital and get some advice? Anyone else eat raw chicken before :confused:

That's interesting Murdy - I'll have to read up more about it, I'm doing an antenatal class this week so I'll ask there too. I hate the thought of being prodded and poked and injected.....

So this evening we went out for dinner and I had eaten half my chicken breast when I realised that it was completely raw on the inside...restaurant were extremely apologetic and our whole meal was on the house but I'm a bit worried now? I feel fine but I'm not sure if I should ring the hospital and get some advice? Anyone else eat raw chicken before :confused:

Ergh, dodge! If it were me I'd see how you're feeling in the morning, if you feel a bit rank, give them a call. If not, should be ok? Baby is a lot hardier these days compared to the fragile development stage earlier on. Still, not something we want to be doing!!

• Advertisement

That's terrible couchkitten! I'd also wait and see how you feel, if you start getting sick/diarrhoea. It's only an issue if the chicken was contaminated, raw chicken itself is not bad - just if it's infected with something. You'll probably be fine !

Advertisement