Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due June 2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭paperclipgrad

A fancy restaurant should have pretty fresh chicken so I wouldn't worry as much about that as if it were from McDonald's, say, or Supermac's....

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Couchkitten

Wasn't fancy but wasn't Mickeys Ds either. Your so right Murdy, the chicken isn't dangerous only if it was infected...I didn't think of it that way. I've a stomach of steel normally so fingers crossed I'll be fine. It would be typical to be snookered by raw chicken breast at 36 weeks when i've been doing so well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Wasn't fancy but wasn't Mickeys Ds either. Your so right Murdy, the chicken isn't dangerous only if it was infected...I didn't think of it that way. I've a stomach of steel normally so fingers crossed I'll be fine. It would be typical to be snookered by raw chicken breast at 36 weeks when i've been doing so well!

Fingers crossed all will be fine! I got food poisoning from chicken before and I think it kicked in within a few hours. I had it for lunch and was in a bad way by dinner time so you'll prob know soon enough :)

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭lainycool

I ate raw chicken when I was about 28 weeks pregnant in Tipperary and I had 2 bites before I noticed and at the time I felt like crying but I googled it and it said it will just make you sick if it's going to do anything, no harm to baby as murdy says it has to be infected in the first place!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭aknitter

I feel sick even thinking about that. I'd say you're in clear if you've had no reactions by now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

I'm sure everything will be fine but what a horrible experience :(

Murdy, meant to ask you. Hows your iron levels? Does the low iron make you feel colder than usual? Mine is low since the birth and after getting out of the oven like hospital I've been wearing several jumpers/socks more than usual!

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭sunshiner

A couple of things u will need to bring are a fan! My god it's hot and prune juice! It's brilliant to get the motions going.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭DoubleB

Sunshiner when I was in after my fall I nearly died with the heat. It was unbelievable and couldn't open the windows. Have u got your own room? Dreading thoughts of the heat- i hate being too warm and really love my fresh air.

So true about heat bring a fan! I had window open 24 hours a day right beside me and still only slept with sheet over.

• Advertisement

For some reason Limerick maternity never feels that warm- maybe it's just the parts I've been in? The heat is good for newborns though, I read somewhere to keep it up in the 30c region when they'll have to go for a while without clothes (i.e for a photography session).

KK, now that baby is born, your fluids are probably going back to normal so you won't get the extra warmth that you get from being pregnant! It's my favourite thing about being pregnant (besides baby, obviously)...I'm usually half frozen so it was nice being warmer than my husband for a change!!

I also have low iron levels-I was taking pregnacare, but guess I need to supplement further...recommended daily level is 400, pregnacare doesn't provide anywhere near that! I eat a fair bit of red meat/greens so I thought I'd be grand!

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭lynda18

I no I still hav 11 days to go but woke up today thinking infant keep doing this! Going walk and lunch wit mam and aunt soon and I can't stop crying trying pull self together! My ankle is so sore since swelled up like a real sharp cold pain and headache! I no i hav cop on as not even due date! Prob just all hormones acting up :) starting to feel like a nuisance to everyone and like everyone feels they hav call to me etc! Only one feel most comfortable wit is oh but even then trying not moan !!!!

sunshiner wrote: »
    A couple of things u will need to bring are a fan! My god it's hot and prune juice! It's brilliant to get the motions going.

I vomited up prune juice when I tried to take it! :rolleyes:

I was in for physio yesterday and I found it warm but not excessively so!

lynda18 wrote: »
    I no I still hav 11 days to go but woke up today thinking infant keep doing this! Going walk and lunch wit mam and aunt soon and I can't stop crying trying pull self together! My ankle is so sore since swelled up like a real sharp cold pain and headache! I no i hav cop on as not even due date! Prob just all hormones acting up :) starting to feel like a nuisance to everyone and like everyone feels they hav call to me etc! Only one feel most comfortable wit is oh but even then trying not moan !!!!

Good news, you're normal!! I've been the same, it is the hormones and I bet you're just nervous about the change coming. Also I think, like me, you prefer to do things yourself and feel like a burden getting others to do things for you. Unfortunately I have no idea how to get over that as I'm still fighting it myself, but I do know that when I ask Mam for help with babysitting etc (she is insisting I call down over the bank holiday as a change of scenery will do me good) she is delighted and only too happy to help. I'll be the same with my older girl, when her time comes!

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭lainycool

Awh Lynda hope u feel better, I had a day like that yesterday where I just cried for something so stupid, my oh text me to say he was playing football and wouldn't be home till 9 and I got upset, I was completely irrational ha, I blame the hormones too!

At least the end is in sight, I'm bored already being off work, I'm going in today for a few hours! I know I'll be fine once baby is here I wont have a chance to do anything.

Have you had any pains or twinges?

Don't worry about people helping you- I go over to help my pregnant family all the time and am only too happy to do so! Now that I'm pregnant myself I know how happy it makes people to help make me more comfortable. :)

These are the same people who will come over when the baby is born and coo over it, knowing they helped make you more comfortable when you were busy making it. As I said, I've been there, it will help them bond with the baby before it's even born. :) Make the most of it is what I say! Trust me, if they didn't want to, they wouldn't offer.

Thanks girls I am snapping out it now ;)

No twinges or any sign really so will hav snap out ;)!i am first in family to be pregnant in very long time and my family is so ought an great but also so busy hate been hindrance but youse right i would want help them too!

Thanks a knitter my mam prob is dying see me she just so busy and always fitting in lots i don't want be more stress she said dying see me so I'm just going snap out and enjoy wit her!

Rotunda is always over warm Aswel ill be bringing so much water ;)

Lainycool I miss work a bit too but don't think i could go in after all
    Goodbyes far play To u! I'm relived to be finished work but also miss it ;)

Of course your mother wants to see you!! Wouldn't you want to see your little baby carrying a little baby someday? :) Grandparents love grandchildren sooo much, my parents are so excited for us to come up this weekend, mom can't wait to come around the shops and help me pick out baby's first outfit. :) Trust me, you're not an hindrance, you're a source of joy. :)

Just think- someday our tiny babies will be expecting their own children. I hope we get to see our great grandchildren, that would be amazing. My grandma got to see 40 great grandkids before she passed away last year. <3 I'm so happy she got to meet my husband-he came over to america to visit me while I was staying with my brother 2 years ago (we were just dating then), we drove to the other side of the state for my cousin's wedding and visited Grandma in the hospital on the way. I didn't know that would be the last time that I would see Grandma, but I'm so thankful that we took the time to make that visit and that she met him and liked him and that he got to see someone that I admired so much- she went to college at a time when few women did, she planned to move to south america and work there, but met grandpa and married him. She had 6 kids but fostered loads in addition, she always had a great love for family and children as well as being incredibly well read and educated. My mother says that I am like her and I couldn't be happier about that. She has influenced so many people in her life, not only her children, but her grandchildren and great grandkids. The influence a mother has over her children doesn't stop there. Sorry, went on a bit too much there!

No. Low iron doesn't make me cold, just very tired and breathless! I'm waiting on the blood test results from the hospital but I know in myself my iron is still low. I've to double my dose of Galfer and lots more vitamin C.

Good call on the fan ladies! Holles st was so hot when we had out your but the midwife said they have fans. Still keep meaning to buy a travel one for me.

Feeling any better Lynda? I had a terrible night sleep. Was having lots if contractions so my dreams were all if me being in labour etc feel out of it now. Hubby thinks my bump is dropping (which would explain the cramps) but I think it's just wishful thinking in his part.

Maybe l lack sleep has u shivery or cold kk !

I'm ok really hormonal to the max though its mad
    How can cry so much today has been worse !
    Just keeping as busy as can so snap out it! Just starting feel
    Like I'm existing each day and Getting through it rather than been anyway normal and stuff!

• Advertisement

lynda18 wrote: »
    Maybe l lack sleep has u shivery or cold kk !

I'm ok really hormonal to the max though its mad
    How can cry so much today has been worse !
    Just keeping as busy as can so snap out it! Just starting feel
    Like I'm existing each day and Getting through it rather than been anyway normal and stuff!

Aww, Lynda, that sucks! I've been really lucky with hormones, haven't had any teariness or anything like that at all. My husband is surprised, he was expecting pregnancy to turn me into an emotional wreck!

Have you tried eating lots of chocolate? That always helps me! I was sitting in the sun reading my book eating a big bar of cadbury's but had to come inside and lie down - my back is just too sore. I feel guilty for lying around but screw it, I am 9 months pregnant! At least there's not too long to go, just take it easy and don't be too hard on yourself!

Wait, are we 9 months pregnant now? Thought we were 8? I'm due on the 26th and there's another month to go...

Wait, are we 9 months pregnant now? Thought we were 8? I'm due on the 26th and there's another month to go...

Well, in my mind 40 weeks is 10 months and I've 3 and a bit weeks to go so I feel justified saying I'm I'm 9 months pregnant! :D

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    Well, in my mind 40 weeks is 10 months and I've 3 and a bit weeks to go so I feel justified saying I'm I'm 9 months pregnant! :D

I like your way of thinking. :D

I like your way of thinking. :D

Seriously, I feel like I've been pregnant FOREVER!!! Apparently my friends family and things have started saying to them about me "is she still pregnant?"!

It could be another 5 weeks or more as well. Grr! :)

http://thegodmolecule.tumblr.com/post/48146343226/here-is-a-tribe-in-africa-where-the-birth-date-of

Thought this was cool- the baby is dated not from conception or birth but from when the mother first thinks of it and makes up a song for it that follows the baby around throughout its life, even to its deathbed. Awww.

41 weeks doesn't exist as an option in my mind....

pregnancy_timing_chart.JPG

According to this, I'm still only 8 months pregnant. Boooo!

Lynda, sometimes if you put too much pressure on yourself to snap out of something you'll only end up experiencing it for longer, I suggest you go with it, you're obviously going through something so it might be best to let it out and there is nothing wrong with wallowing for a bit. Put your feet up, have a cup of something and cry if thats what you need to do, do it. I get the sense that you are a bit frazzeled. Don't worry about it, you'll come out the other end and we've all been there (or will be shortly if some of us see week 41 or 42 approaching with no baba!)

• Advertisement

Thanks a knitter I allowed myself a good cry and do feel
    Alot better. Suppose so excited and nervous bn first time and then trying to wait and uncomfy and hormones all took over :)
    Hormones do strange things! I had been ok alot of way up think towards end u just snap a bit and want be done :)

Advertisement