Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due June 2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭lynda18

Murdy hope feel better. June is so exciting ;)

I felt ok this morning went big walk wit mam and in afternoon started bad low back ache that keeps worsening and some sharp front pains. Was v sore after urinating and shivery so not sure if an infection or early labour pains or head engaging! Poor oh ended up looking at me just restless and not concentrstiong for night . He sleeping away now anyway if I need him he be rested :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

Hope you're all enjoying your last bank holiday weekend now that it is June. Am thinking of you all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Thanks KK, hope you and baby are settling in well :)

Are you feeling any better today Lynda? I'm not in as much pain as last night but am still getting the pressure down below which is sharp sometimes. A few times last night it woke me up and I was thinking oh god, this is it but if course it wasn't anything!

Saw my parents today and my mum reckons my bump has dropped - I last saw her a week ago. That's reassuring anyway because we thought we might just we wanting it to be that way!

She also said she had the pains I'm experiencing in the days leading up to giving birth so now family are all convinced I'm going soon. I 'm still thinking not and that I'll be overdue. The uncertainty is difficult though :)

We collected our travel system today and it's fab. We've just been practicing putting it up and down and connecting and reconnecting all the bits. We tested the car seat using a teddy bear! So now we're all ready - we just need the baby!

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Couchkitten

Went to Bloom 2013 today. Had to stop for numerous toilet breaks but it was lovely - a great day out. We are full of plans for the garden now.

Thank god I was a bit more perky than yesterday. Had to spend yesterday in bed, - was doing some cleaning and just seemed to hit a wall - spent the rest of the day in bed. I think finishing up work really took it out of me, I was running on empty last week and it must have caught up with me.

Was getting lots of cramping too Murdy, had to sit down with it at one point today....hoping it's a good sign that baby is getting that head engaged.

Say bloom was lovely.
    I am alot bette but alot of low cramps and back pain last two days
    We went dinner wit family this evening and a drink and walked big today to hopefully push it down ;) a
    Neighbour had baby who was due after me I was so jealous to hear even thought that's awful and of course was happy for her too!
    Exciting getting travel system murdy.
    To think I'm 39' weeks tomorrow! Ahhhhh everyone is getting impatient now.

• Advertisement

39 weeks is not cool. Huge feet and hands , sore back and cramps and no sign nothing. No proper sleep! Waking away bouncing away but nothing !!!!!!!!!
    Not looking forward to over due and can't see anything happen thing week

Hope rest u are well and enjoying the sun

Lainycool best luck tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭lainycool

lynda18 wrote: »
    39 weeks is not cool. Huge feet and hands , sore back and cramps and no sign nothing. No proper sleep! Waking away bouncing away but nothing !!!!!!!!!
    Not looking forward to over due and can't see anything happen thing week

Hope rest u are well and enjoying the sun

Lainycool best luck tomorrow

I hear ya on the swelling....my feet look awful! My sister in law had a baby yesterday and we are just back from visiting, he is beautiful.
    I was just thinking please god this time next week I'll be holding my own!
    I'm really nervous about tomorrow and not looking forward to internal, I keep hoping my waters will just break......wishful thinking!

At least the end is in sight for us now :-)
    Cannot wait for a dairymilk!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

Sitting in the living room bouncing on a birthing ball.

the glamour of it all!!
    Come on baby!!

Oh good luck Lainey - internals can be sore (my first one ever was) but worth it to get the baby here!!

Good luck Lainey! Fingers crossed for babies soon for everyone. I'm sure you're all fed up. know i am!

I'm 37 weeks today, so I think a little more time for me, although I'm still having lots of pain. We 'll see!

Yes we don't no when any us go bit hope tomorrow gives u the push Lainy sure just think internal wont last long be over quick :) plus being baby quicker.

I'm still cramp and sore too but it doesn't seem be progressing anything.

Each day it's disappointing waking up now and no sign labour :) back in with midwife tomorrow and everything crossed its engaged at least

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭paperclipgrad

Internals aren't fun but they don't take long- trust me, the person doing them doesn't want to stay inside you any longer than you do. :) Try and think about something else and it'll be over before you know it!

Had a great weekend- 3 bbqs and full of meat. :) I think baby dropped, lots of pressure and pains down there, plus need to go to the bathroom way more often. Also my bump looks lower and feels different...

Exciting to see how everyone is progressing! Not long at all left!!! :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭aknitter

highly1111 wrote: »
    Sitting in the living room bouncing on a birthing ball.

Yep me too, except have feet on the tiles to keep them cool to keep the swelling down! Had to borrow shoes from my sister as the ones I brought with me wouldn't fit with the heat!

I'm getting some pains like a stitch in my side - the baby is lying there and I guess its the pressure of him!

Come on baby, I hope those of you who are closer to their due date will see some movement soon. Actually 16th of June is Fathers Day wouldn't it be great if a baby arrived then?

My father's birthday is the 18th. It'd be a nice combo father's day/birthday present for him to have a new grandchild! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭sunshiner

Internals aren't fun but they don't take long- trust me, the person doing them doesn't want to stay inside you any longer than you do. :) Try and think about something else and it'll be over before you know it!
    Theyre uncomfortable. i had a sweep done on my first examination. Then you kind of get used to the examinations. And trust me when your cervix is very dilated you dont feel it.

Im trying to get used to the endless feeding and lack of sleep. Its tough getting used to it, but just her little face makes it worth while.

wishing ye all the best ladies,its tough getting the time to try catch up on here ;)

Glad you're settling in well Sunshiner. Sounds like despite the tiredness you're enjoying your new life!

I am exhausted, had a terrible night's sleep, I just couldn't get comfortable so was awake until 3am and up again at 7am. Guess it's good practice for baby! trying to go back asleep now. i have a doc appointment later so don 't want tO sleep late in the afternoon.

I just made an appointment for a wax next Tuesday so prepping myself for labour. Getting a pregnancy Brazilian which I'm presuming is the same as a normal Brazilian but gives them a heads up a whale is coming in to lie on their waxing table! Feeling so big today :)

Another sunny day ahead today, yay! I'm pretty worn out from all the travelling this weekend so plan on taking it easy today. My fingers were so swollen yesterday that I had to get the husband grease up my finger with baby oil to take my rings off! Now I'm a bit worried that they'll never go back on, ever....even though I know they will...

37 weeks tomorrow. 3 weeks to go. Agree with murdy re feeling like a whale. Baby has been moving around into weird positions where it seems like his whole back is across the top of my stomach while head is still engaged. No, I don't know how it does that. Looks like our baby has a bright future as a gymnast or contortionist...

Just think, murdy- this weekend it'll only be 2 and a half weeks til we're due! That sounds doable!

Papergillard is ur babies head engaged? I'm really hoping mine is when go hospital today
    Ah murdy that's pity wit sleep its awful when going bed starts become a dread

Yes hope babies start hurrying on now ;) it gets awful. 6 days till due date and no sign

I don't know for sure, but my bump looks far lower and I get pelvic pains/bursting bladder, so it seems fairly likely that this is the case. Also lost a tiny bit more of my plug on Saturday. See how it goes.

Best of luck in the hospital lynda, can't believe you've only 6 days to go! Are you expecting every twinge to be the start of labor? I am and I've way longer to go than you!

Remind me again- do you know if you're having a girl or boy? Does everyone have names more or less settled?

How many names do you think it's normal to have for a baby, the people in my family tend to be given quite a few names. My husband only has the one name- not even a middle name!
    Do you think 3/4 is too many?

Hi everyone, sleep is just ridiculous these days but as you say murdy its good practice!

Well I'm just back from hospital after having my internal which wasn't as bad as I expected, she said the neck of my womb is a little open but it's unlikely I'll go myself!

I'm booked in to be induced on Thursday and I'm absolutely bricking it!
    Nice to know though I won't be pregnant this time next week!

Yes i hav alot period pain And back pain last few dayrs but gave up been excited.
    We really thought it happening sat and then nothing

Bump very low and pressure etc but tiny bit water still under baby so not engaged but hope it is later at appointment .

I am giving baby one middle name. We don't no what we having dying to no.

Youse all sunning today? My cousin calling fir lunch then in hospital trying meet as many people and keep distracted ?!!!!!!

Oh well done murdy it's so uncomfy lie down don't no how manage the wax ;)

• Advertisement

Lainy- Wow, thursday!! That's so soon! Ahhh, another Junebug on the way! :D Do you know the sex?

EDIT: Can anyone else see my signature? I put one up with due date/expected sex on it, might be handy so we all know how far along each of us is...

Wow Lainy that's so exciting! Say nervous but like u say u be done for weekend please god and can see an end. What way they inducing u? Gel or drip?
    My friend got the drip and said the contractions come very quick and intense wit it so she got epi but all went great for her and fast enough. Think she induced at 2 and baby by 11!

Lainy- Wow, thursday!! That's so soon! Ahhh, another Junebug on the way! :D Do you know the sex?

EDIT: Can anyone else see my signature? I put one up with due date/expected sex on it, might be handy so we all know how far along each of us is...

Yep it's a little boy :-)
    They will do the gels as cervix is not dilated so they can't break waters straight away but she said she thinks I will only need one or two gels, I still can't get my head around the fact I will have a baby, it's my oh's bday on the 10th so I think that's his present sorted :-D

Remind me again, how come you're getting induced? Are you going over? Must be so exciting! Yeah, you can't beat a son for a birthday present. :D

Remind me again, how come you're getting induced? Are you going over? Must be so exciting! Yeah, you can't beat a son for a birthday present. :D

I have gestational diabetes so ill be 39 weeks exactly when they induce!
    I'm kind of panicking a bit but I'm sure that's normal, I just hope it goes quick!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

ah laineycool - that's fantastic!! You'll have your baby by the end of the week! (I'm so jealous!)

I was induced on both of mine - eldest with the gel because I was losing fluid. I got the gel at 6.30pm and my contractions started at 7pm - I won't lie - it was a long hard night - very painful. (labour is labour for a reason hey!!) my waters broke at about 2am and at 8am I started to dilate so I got the epidural at about 9.30am and then it was a breeze - I had a snooze, my OH met his brother for lunch (seriously - I was that relaxed after the epidural - and to be fair, he needed some space and fresh air!!) and then when he came back they examined me again and he was born at 4.22pm.

I was induced on my 2nd because I was overdue and they just broke my waters. It was a lot faster. They broke my waters at 9am, first really bad pain at 11am. started to dilate at 1pm. epi at 1.30pm and he arrived out no bother at 4.25pm. The second time was just as painful but obviously a lot shorter!!

I'm hoping that trend continues!!!

MW - I could have written your post. Had an awful night last night. Didn't sleep a wink - so heavy, so uncomfortable - massive pelvic pressure. And of course, I've the other 2 to mind - I dropped the eldest to Montessori and hit lidl - you'd swear I was been asked to climb Everest.... I stocked up on cereal, pasta and cold meats and salads for my OH on the hope I may not be around for a few days!!

Then I had GP appointment this morning - explained all the pressure and the Braxton hicks (definitely some Braxton hicks starting here -real tummy tightening going on) but nothing happening at all yet - just the joys of being heavily pregnant.

We put the moses basket up though last night so it's all getting very real. I washed all the blankets and pram sheets too - so we're all ready to go.

2.5 weeks to go and feels like I could go any minute - nervous of going into labour alone simply because of the other 2 boys and everyone been at work - but I'd LOVE to go into labour and it would be far easier during the day to get them minded than the middle of the night. It probably explains why i'm so much more aware of every twinge at night - it's ironic - during the day i'm like - bring it on - and then at night i'm thinking - oh, please not tonight - i'm too tired!!

typical!!

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭sunshiner

oh bring witch hazel ladies, big pregnancy pads, you can use the thinner ones later on. Lots of fruit and oat bars if your breastfeeding. Oats are your friend,that and fennel.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭DoubleB

Hi Everyone, wow the countdown is really on. Had my app with consultant this morn. I was convinced I won't see him for next app which is this day wk but he not so sure!! Head is not fully engaged- this surprised me as i thought it was for sure :( I wil be given an induction date next wk if I haven't gone myself by then. I am very nervous about being induced so hoping it'll happen naturally this week. It's all so exciting any of us could go at any stage. I got absolutely no sleep last night either and seriously doubt I'd have the energy to go through labour today or tomorrow! Hope we all get lotsa rest tonight. Also don't get me started about the thoughts of the heat in the hospital- WOWZERS it's warm today.

Have u guys thought about if you would eat during labour? Research is split but more modern practise encourages light snacking during labour. And drinking too?

DoubleB wrote: »

Have u guys thought about if you would eat during labour? Research is split but more modern practise encourages light snacking during labour. And drinking too?

AFAIK the guidelines discouraging eating during labour was due to the possibility of the mother having to undergo an emergency caesarean in the days when the mother was put out with general anaesthetic (as my sister was, only 16 years ago). This raises the risk of the mother accidentally regurgitating food and choking on it during surgery.

I think it would probably depend on the mother- some people react to pain by throwing up (not made better with food in stomach), others don't. Lamaze teachers in the '70s encouraged mothers in early labour to have a carbohydrate-loaded light meal-some mashed potatoes or toast.

Think about it like you're approaching a marathon- usually marathon runners have to carb load the evening before a race (pasta..) and the morning of, eat a smaller meal, keep the electrolytes up (this is where the lucozade/running gels come in) and remain well hydrated (but not excessively so). Protein keeps you running for a longer time, carbohydrates keep you running in the next half an hour.

Toast with jam, applesauce, bananas, rice puddings together with nuts or trail mix would probably help you along a good bit. That's my plan anyway....

• Advertisement

Lainy is ur babies head engaged!?
    Ah double b exciting for u too hope it happens in next week now for u.
    Highly babies sure dont come out easy ;) haha.

Advertisement