Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due June 2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭lainycool

lynda18 wrote: »
    Lainy is ur babies head engaged!?
    Ah double b exciting for u too hope it happens in next week now for u.
    Highly babies sure dont come out easy ;) haha.[/quote

No head not engaged but is head down, I've read that sometimes they don't engage until labour!
    I have alot of pressure and pain after that internal today so I'm hoping that means ill wake during the night in labour ha!

My stomach is tightening up too, I'm doing a bbq for dinner today and am really going to enjoy these last few days with himself as god knows when we will have time to ourselves as a couple!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

I know that in Holles St you can't eat once you go into the delivery suite. So there's the pre-labour ward where you can labour before you start to dilate (stage 1) - this is where you are if you're induced or if your waters break but you haven't started to labour fully. Once you start to dilate they move you to a private delivery suite - and once you're there there's no food allowed.

I'd imagine it's similar in other hospitals-but I don't know! By the way, once I started contractions food was the last thing I wanted as your tummy is like a washing machine - but others might be starving!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭aknitter

Paperclip, we're giving a first name and our eldest is choosing the second name and thats it. I'm not a fan of double barrelling names eg John Paul.

I was not hungry when I was in labour with the last two, won't eat either as I got sick on the first using the gas and air and when I start to get sick I keep going until I dry heave so will try not to eat too far in advance but you never know.

lainy I would love to have an end date at this stage, I hate this waiting around.

Bits of me are swelling too and its just because of the heat, small man here is giving me a hard time too. He has eczema and the hot weather is causing his skin to itch, which he then picks, making it sore. I swear up or down is not helping him, he is like a cut cat :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Wow, we could have more babies so soon! Two possible inductions coming up :)

As highly said in Holles St you can't eat once you are in the delivery room in case you need an emergency c section under a general. Midwife said it it 's possible food can get into your lungs. Given how sick I was at the start I can't see me wanting to eat anyway, tbh. Although there are snacks in my labour bag.

I went for a walk and sat in the sun by the water for an hour and read my book. It was lovely and I was able to walk better than I thought. I do need to do it daily now methinks. I just want this baby out of me soon! Off to doc now so will see if head is engaged at all, it feels like it is.

Highly, I feel the same as you. I'm dreading the nights now because being awake alone and uncomfortable is horrible. I slept today for about 3 hours so I hope that doesn't come back to bite in the ass. I'm just afraid if I don't nap I'll go into labour in the evening, then not sleep due to contractions and be knackered for labour and not able to give it my all. I 'm thinking best to sleep whenever I can!

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭lynda18

Went for appointment today and they could hear no heart beat and then I said I hadn't felt movement in few hours so i got rushed for scan and was terrified they all looked worried but scan felt heart beat straight away but baby wouldn't move even when doctor hit it so I had drink lots water and go on monitor but thank god all ok . I was alone and honestly thought pass out was so scared and upset. Home now but going rest appointments wit oh as today was awful:
    Head still not engaged either even though was convinced wit pressure etc .
    Can't wait hav it in my arms now.
    Murdy ur right to keep walking even just two half hour walks might help ur sleep too.

• Advertisement

Oh god! You must have had an awful fright. Naughty little baby! So glad everything is ok, take it easy tonight anyway. The end is in sight and hopefully bubs will move down soon! Good idea to get OH to go with you from now on, now that you're so close.

I think you're right, more walking is needed. It's supposed to be sunny all week. Probably because of the leaving cert!

Back from doc and baby's head is engaged, he's moved down into my pelvis a good bit so that's something. I wasn't imagining it! Fingers crossed that means I won't go overdue.

Oh and as well as the low iron my fecking blood pressure is still quite low which is why I'm still so tired all the time. I suppose it would be so much worse if it were high! Lots more lying down for me :)

Fingers crossed we have some more June babies soon ladies!

That's great it engaged mine low in pelvis bit not engaged ;(

My blood pressure low whole way but today high and very swollen so hav keep an eye on it.

Fab evening but still shook up from fright today.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭paperclipgrad

Poor thing, Lynda! I can't imagine that happening, that would be so traumatic. :( Thank God everything is ok with your little baba!

Congrats on the engagement, Murdy- wonder who will be next to go! We've had the twins, the sections, the inductions are next then come us 'natural' girls...at the end...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

Glad everything was OK Lynda, you need to have a good relax now after that fright :(

Looking positive for some movement soon Murdy!

• Advertisement

I'm not expecting anything soon anyway! I don't think he's fully engaged so that'll prob take a few more days and they can stay that way for weeks! Not knowing when it will all kick off is getting very frustrating :)

Baby actually feels like it's going to drop out. Went for a walk to the shop and each step was an actual effort! The last 3 weeks is gonna feel very long....

Yes I find walking easier now earlier in day and not after eating to avoid that feeling! Can't enjoy walk when like that ! Yes hard! Hope u don't last full 3! Once u hit 38 just finding it all havoc and hormones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

Went for appointment today and they could hear no heart beat and then I said I hadn't felt movement in few hours so i got rushed for scan and was terrified they all looked worried but scan felt heart beat straight away but baby wouldn't move even when doctor hit it so I had drink lots water and go on monitor but thank god all ok . I was alone and honestly thought pass out was so scared and upset. Home now but going rest appointments wit oh as today was awful:
    QUOTE]

Lynda - I can't believe that - that's really really awful stuff. You must have been scared to death. I actually can't imagine anything worse. I'm so glad everything is ok now. Horrible stuff.

All good here tonight. I just had a massive pizza and my hubby has gone out for the evening - so I've decided to catch up on loads of Greys anatomy & be bold and pour myself a glass of wine!! :D

Back in holles st on Monday for another check up - can't see anything happening before then at all. But maybe I'll be lucky!!

In the meantime I'm going to bounce on the birthing ball before half an hour to try and digest this pizza!

I also feel like baby is about to fall out. While I was walking today an old lady on a zimmer frame overtook me. Seriously. :)

I do feel better for having walked though and from getting some sun. Maybe tonight I'll be able to sleep!

Highly, I've also been bouncing, anything that will help is getting a go! I'm in Holles St Tuesday so we'll miss each other. I will be keeping an eye out for you when I'm in labour though!

I believe you about the old lady overtaking you. :D When I was walking back from the shop with my husband (he was carrying 3 bags of shopping), I kept saying 'walk slower.....slower...'

...'No, that's too fast...'

.......'slower....'

Remember having energy and going for big, fast walks, even runs? Remember that? It seems like something that belongs in another lifetime...to someone else...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭aknitter

lynda, that sounds awful, you poor thing. I am so relieved that everything was ok.

Highly, I'd join you with the wine but we have none in the house.

I'm so glad its not just me feeling like a whale, walking has been hard for a while now but its beyond effort now, my back is killing me and the only thing helping is the gym ball. I can't get comfortable in bed either, one position means I can't breathe, another my hips are on fire or I won't be able to walk when I get up!! Oh the joys....

Thanks I am still so tired yet restless from the fright.
    Oh going come appointment next week with me as I Was just so scared and worse alone and all could think bout was how tell oh f something was badly wrong. It's knocked me for 6 but a good sleep should sort
    It . Apart from my feet and arms swelling my nose has and I am finding it so hard breath Aswel. Ohh cant wait till I can kiss and hold it

Lainy hope sweep is helping and moving things! My mam was talking bout sweep today and then my dad was
    Asking what's a sweep) so embarrassing! Babies take away all shame for sure ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Couchkitten

Yummm wine....would love a small glass but it tastes off to me, couldn't be bothered with it because it tastes like I'm drinking acid.

That is terrible Lynda - such a fright. I can't believe your nose has swollen, that sounds really tough.

Officially 37 weeks today! But my date is +3/4 days so technically I only have 2 and a half weeks left. Really counting down the days here!

I've been sitting outside on blankets etc the last few days making the most of our 4-day summer. Any suggestions for making it a bit more comfortable?

• Advertisement

Haha don't blame u wit the counting ;) i am stopped cause so close now (5 days) it annoys me :)
    I had just been sitting on garden chair wit feet up on another chair to reduce swelling.
    So uncomfortable in bed oh how I miss a nice sleep ;)
    Hope everyone doing well.

I hear ya, the hips are really playing up these days! It's almost impossible to not be sore in the morning, no position seems completely comfortable...

.... only 5 days left for you, Lynda! That's incredible, you must be soooo excited. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭DoubleB

Good morning! I sit on a chair which kinda looks like a fishing chair -it's almost got a circular frame- it is so comfortable. I sink back into it. Think we picked it up in Lidl/Aldi few yrs ago. Another glorious day- great.,

I've been getting kicks in the ribs today. Kinda worried that kicks are still so high when baby should be moving down. Anyone else still experiencing this?

I hear ya on the back and hip pain. Anytime I move in bed my lower middle back lets out an almighty click. Sounds like something snapped!!

DoubleB wrote: »
    I hear ya on the back and hip pain. Anytime I move in bed my lower middle back lets out an almighty click. Sounds like something snapped!!

I get this too! Pieces snapping all over the place...ouch!

Thinking of bringing my birthing ball outside and sitting on that while reading my book, get some sunshine and exercise at the same time. :)

Yep we hav turned into clicking old women :)

clicking, shuffling, breathless old women. )

Don't think sweep did anything :-(
    Although I do have pains and pressure today but I had that yesterday too!

I've read though that they can take up to 48 hours to work!

The weather is just fab out there, I did my bbq yesterday and had a glass of wine and I felt tipsy after it ha......looks like I'll be a cheap date from now on lol

Head still not engaged either even though was convinced wit pressure etc .
    Can't wait hav it in my arms now.
    Murdy ur right to keep walking even just two half hour walks might help ur sleep too.

Omg Lynda just read this now you must of got such a fright, I'm glad all was ok with the little monkey, I hope you are taking it easy today after that scare! X

Just wondering- with the sunshine we've been having, has anyone noticed their babies getting more active? Seems like our little bean is going into hyperdrive!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭Jennii.

Oh this baby hasn't stopped moving haha, the sun must be driving her wild :) I guess that's what summer babies are like. I'm a winter baby hahaha :)

@Lynda18 I'm so glad everythings okay, almost cried reading that, felt relief that all's okay!!take it easy and hopefully the little one will be here soon :)

Having the absolute worst heartburn, can't sleep anymore, I wake up at least 7/8 times. been getting lots of cramps lately, especially during the night. Only 37 weeks though, surely she won't come that early? :/ Everyone seems to think I'll go next week. On the plus side, I'm getting my new car tomorrow :') cannot wait!!

Advertisement