Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due June 2013

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

I think we all have cramps Jennii! Especially at night, babies are definitely getting ready to come out soon :)

It is so hot today, I tried to sit outside but I just got too uncomfortable because I couldn't lie down properly and I got too hot. I don't really have much summery stuff that fits me either. It must be hard to be pregnant in hot countries :) it's jammers out by us as we're beside the sea. Seems all of Dublin is out this way today!

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭paperclipgrad

I'm wearing my clothes from my honeymoon on corfu last year. :D Some of it still fits- flowy summery dresses, that sort of thing. The only problem is they're starting to get a bit small up top! Ah well- OK for the backyard, not so much for town....

I got assigned a supervisor for my thesis project- but he wants me to go up to Dublin to see him next week. I'll be 38 weeks pregnant then....advice?

I'm wearing my clothes from my honeymoon on corfu last year. :D Some of it still fits- flowy summery dresses, that sort of thing. The only problem is they're starting to get a bit small up top! Ah well- OK for the backyard, not so much for town....

I got assigned a supervisor for my thesis project- but he wants me to go up to Dublin to see him next week. I'll be 38 weeks pregnant then....advice?

Can you ask to Skype him instead? It's a long way to go!

I think I'll ask if I can email etc instead. It seems like we'd be able to sort things out quicker that way as I can elaborate more easily through email than I can in person. I can also attach images etc to show what I mean....

....if he says no though I'll have to consider whether I can actually finish my thesis from home. I mean, baby is due in 3 weeks, if I have to keep going up to Dublin for this, it's not really sustainable.

I think I'll ask if I can email etc instead. It seems like we'd be able to sort things out quicker that way as I can elaborate more easily through email than I can in person. I can also attach images etc to show what I mean....

....if he says no though I'll have to consider whether I can actually finish my thesis from home. I mean, baby is due in 3 weeks, if I have to keep going up to Dublin for this, it's not really sustainable.

Yeah, a lot of trips to Dublin with a baby would be a right pain. My husband still does work for his supervisor in New Zealand and writes research papers with him, all done over email so it should really be an option for you. If they can do it with time differences etc then your supervisor should be able to accommodate you!

Just back from a long walk, felt like I was going to pee myself the whole time. Come on baby! Time to come out :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭lynda18

Went 2 walks today's and bounced on ball but waste time ;) was on today though not to sore and enjoyed day out wit for lunches and walks and talking away;)
    Have accepted nothing happening before due date now. Think I was more impatient two weeks ago and getting more relaxed now ;) mad how brain goes.
    Lainy u all set for tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭lainycool

lynda18 wrote: »
    Went 2 walks today's and bounced on ball but waste time ;) was on today though not to sore and enjoyed day out wit for lunches and walks and talking away;)
    Have accepted nothing happening before due date now. Think I was more impatient two weeks ago and getting more relaxed now ;) mad how brain goes.
    Lainy u all set for tomorrow?

I'm sort of set, I've been in a strange humour all day, I was really hoping the sweep would of worked but obviously he is just too comfy in there!

I wish I could just get on with it, it's the hanging around that's killing me but at least it won't be long now!

I'm so looking forward to going on a diet I feel like an elephant.....maybe I should of put this post in the moan thread ha!

I was bouncing on ball today and I did have pains after so maybe it does work?

We'll see how it goes, I'll ask in the hospital (appt tomorrow) and if they think I'll be fine to go on Tuesday, maybe I'll go up for that first meeting but then ask if I could work from home from then on.

So starving today.

26083093.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭annettea

Hiya just reading yer lasts posts of pregnancy sooo exciting :) best of luck to everyone. Hard I know but try to relax for your last couple days/weeks and get as much sleep cause you will miss it, get yer hair done have a long shower because soon you will have a bundle of joy that takes up all your time from March mummy. Good luck everyone ye will do great!!!

Yes Lainy dying for diet myself. I am jealous of u having something happen by weekend! Best of luck and keep us posted.

• Advertisement

Best of luck for tomorrow Lainy - I'll be thinking of you :)

annettea wrote: »
    Hiya just reading yer lasts posts of pregnancy sooo exciting :) best of luck to everyone. Hard I know but try to relax for your last couple days/weeks and get as much sleep cause you will miss it, get yer hair done have a long shower because soon you will have a bundle of joy that takes up all your time from March mummy. Good luck everyone ye will do great!!!

Thanks for the advice! I'm trying not to get too impatient because I know you're right and I should enjoy all the time I have to read and sleep!

We're almost there anyway ladies!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭aknitter

Good luck tomorrow Lainy, post pic when you can, I'll be mad to see the little one.

Paperclip, I'm 37 weeks too and the doc today said baby will be fine if it comes anytime now, so come on baby!! He isn't moving too much though, but I'm guessing space is an issue for him now, but apparently if we sit in the sun with the belly exposed the baby is bathed in a redish glow! The sun on the belly feels nice, I do try to sit with the feet in shade, the swelling is bad!

The pgp is bad now and I'm so breathless and swollen!! I envy any of ye who can walk, I can't wait to go for a walk to the shop!

LOL - I was at the GP today and mentioned that I have a (fairly big) hemorrhoid and could I have some of the stuff I've had before on prescription, she got a bit flustered and checked my file and gave me the ointment I had last time, she told me the pharmacies in Cork are short on hemorrhoid cream (ointment no bother)! Whats going on in Cork city to say there is a shortage of hemorrhoid cream??!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

Good luck Lainy!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭sunshiner

aknitter wrote: »

LOL - I was at the GP today and mentioned that I have a (fairly big) hemorrhoid and could I have some of the stuff I've had before on prescription, she got a bit flustered and checked my file and gave me the ointment I had last time, she told me the pharmacies in Cork are short on hemorrhoid cream (ointment no bother)! Whats going on in Cork city to say there is a shortage of hemorrhoid cream??!!
    LMFAO Omg so funny. I found sitting in witch hazel helps the auld hemorrhoids.

Taking daisy on her first outting today, phn said to get out n about. So im rather liking that i look good today, bit of foundation does wonders. That and i got some sleep last night. Im hoping a routine is establishing and im starting to understand this tiny person :D

Ah what a fab day for daisy first
    Outing. How where u after birth sunshiner? Did U hav many stitches?
    U feeling ok urself?

Great that the new babies are being welcomed into the world with such beautiful weather! :)

Was in hospital for my weekly appointment and baby's head is engaged, yay! Only 4/5, but better than nothing. Can't believe it's only 4/5ths, the pain down there was having me think it was fully engaged!

Dr discouraged me from travelling to Dublin next week, so I emailed my supervisor and asked if I could meet him via skype, I could share my desktop and show him what I have so far etc. Fingers crossed!!!

Was actually a bit too hot for me to sit outside...loving the weather we're having so far and it looks as if it's set to continue through the weekend, great news for husband who hates having to go back to work while I get to sit outside in the sunshine!

Great that the head is so engaged - I'll be interested to see how engaged my bubs is. I don't think he is fully engaged but he does feel stuck down there so we'll see. My next appointment with the midwife is Tuesday.

Good that you got an answer on travelling to Dublin - hopefully your supervisor will be flexible. I went for a walk (I'm knackered today, baby had me up a lot mobing during the night) and sat in the sun for a while but it's not quite as warm today so it got a bit nippy when I was by the sea. Hopefully the walking is helping - really want this baby out and 2 and a half weeks until due date seems like ages!

Hope baby Daisy enjoyed her first outing - it must be nice to get out of the house with her and feel a bit more human yourself. While I was waddling around this morning feeling uncomfortable I just kept telling myself in a few weeks I'll be doing the same walk with a pram and it will all be worth it.

It's a really weird thought that in a few weeks there'll be a baby with us constantly! I can't really process it somehow. Baby's in there....not out here...but soon it will be!

4/5 isn't all that engaged actually- the image below shows what it's like! I don't know how long it usually takes for the head to be fully engaged.

normal9_2.gif

It's a really weird thought that in a few weeks there'll be a baby with us constantly! I can't really process it somehow. Baby's in there....not out here...but soon it will be!

4/5 isn't all that engaged actually- the image below shows what it's like! I don't know how long it usually takes for the head to be fully engaged.

normal9_2.gif

So is 0/5 the most engaged then and 5/5 the least engaged? Confusing :)

I had a weird moment yesterday too, realising that there would be a baby here soon and that there will be this person in my life who I don't know at all yet. I was in Boots buying suncream for myself and saw a little tube of 50+ baby sun cream that was half price. I thought, oh I'll get that for when baby is here, just in case and then had a weird moment when I realised I don't know how dark the baby will be - I have absolutely no idea what he looks like but he'll be here soon for me to see. It was a bit surreal :)

• Advertisement

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    So is 0/5 the most engaged then and 5/5 the least engaged? Confusing :)

I had a weird moment yesterday too, realising that there would be a baby here soon and that there will be this person in my life who I don't know at all yet. I was in Boots buying suncream for myself and saw a little tube of 50+ baby sun cream that was half price. I thought, oh I'll get that for when baby is here, just in case and then had a weird moment when I realised I don't know how dark the baby will be - I have absolutely no idea what he looks like but he'll be here soon for me to see. It was a bit surreal :)

You'll have an extra surprise there! Don't darker babies need suncream too though? I would have assumed that they could still burn as their skin is so new and fragile?

I'm looking forward to seeing what sort of combination of myself and husband the baby will be. We have quite different faces so it should be easy to see who he's gotten what from!
    For those who have already had their babies, were you surprised at how it looked? Does it look more like you or your husband? Can you pick out bits of him or you in the baby?

I still have to get nursing bras and maternity pads...and one more nightgown, then I think I have everything?

You'll have an extra surprise there! Don't darker babies need suncream too though? I would have assumed that they could still burn as their skin is so new and fragile?

I'm looking forward to seeing what sort of combination of myself and husband the baby will be. We have quite different faces so it should be easy to see who he's gotten what from!
    For those who have already had their babies, were you surprised at how it looked? Does it look more like you or your husband? Can you pick out bits of him or you in the baby?

I still have to get nursing bras and maternity pads...and one more nightgown, then I think I have everything?

Yeah, he would need suncream too, just not as much as a little fair skinned baby - my husband does wear it even though he doesn't burn. He doesn't like his skin to go any darker - he sits in the shade on holidays too!

I'm very much looking forward to seeing who the baby takes after :)

I'd be so jealous if my husband couldn't burn. He tends not to, but still sits in the shade (he has a sort of light olive tone), whereas I'm pink and burn like mad at the start of the summer but go fairly tan after that first go. I have a weird mix of my mother's olive skin and my father's irish potato skin...

I bet the baby will tan quite easily. Also I hope it has his father's green eyes which I love, really unusual even here in Ireland! Also I want it to inherit his family's metabolism, his mother and sister have to put real effort in to keep up their weight whereas no such problem exists in my family!

Hoping baby doesn't have my nose. It's a bit too long...but his is wide, so hopefully baby will get something between us that's not too long or too wide!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭aknitter

Sunshiner, hope your outing with the baby went well, she should sleep well after it. How did you find getting around with a buggy? Any shop with an automatic door is a godsend but the others are awful (esp doctors surgeries come to think of it).

Paperclip, I have and had people telling me both my two were like so and so but I could only ever see them selves. Now when I look at photos of the older one at the same age as the small fella, there is a definite resemblance! We always said that our kids (esp a girl) needed hubbys height (I'm 5 foot nothing) and my build (I was petite!) other way around and she was in trouble (he's built like Keith Wood - or the biggest guys on the pitch at an American Football game- all shoulders and no neck). Luckily thats how its turned out. Small man is tall and wide - rugby beckons for him - they thought his shoulders were stuck when he was being born and they were the cause of me needing stitches!

Murdy, I am sure your little man will be fab, big brown eyes and dark hair - he'll break hearts (yours first!). Though with darker skin isn't vit d more important for him as the darker skin needs more sun to make vit d?

Lainycool any news? Hope all well

lynda18 wrote: »
    Lainycool any news? Hope all well

Just on 2nd gel now, They said it looks like I'll only need 2 and then hopefully they can break waters!

I hate inductions :-(

How is it so far? Sore? Are you having contractions?

How is it so far? Sore? Are you having contractions?

Not contractions but I'm in pain from the gel they feel like contractions!

It's bearable though for the moment, I can't wait for the epidural :-)

They will examine me again in a few hours and fingers crossed things have moved along!

It must be pretty exciting though knowing how soon you'll be holding your little one!! When do they plan on giving you your epidural?

• Advertisement

Oh you poor thing Lainy hope that epidural comes soon
    Glad all ok and manageable anyway

Advertisement