Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due June 2013

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

lainycool wrote: »
    Not contractions but I'm in pain from the gel they feel like contractions!

It's bearable though for the moment, I can't wait for the epidural :-)

They will examine me again in a few hours and fingers crossed things haven moved along!

Good luck:D

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭DoubleB

Best of luck Lainy. Hope you have as little pain as possible. I'm so excited to hear your news. Thinking of you and babs xxxx Don't forget pics and details when you are up to it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

Thinking of you Lainy hope epidural is imminent and that you'll have baby v soon...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

You're almost there Lainy! Fingers crossed the second gel does the business and you get the epidural promptly!

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭paperclipgrad

I....I can't keep my hands off the golden syrup....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭lynda18

God I had really fallen behind on house in the good weather after bleaching bathrooms to the death. So tiring getting up and down wit bump. House so hot Aswel! Nesting to the maximum today haven't even Been in sun only when hanging washing and watering plants !!! All this waiting has me crazy

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭sunshiner

lynda18 wrote: »
    Ah what a fab day for daisy first
    Outing. How where u after birth sunshiner? Did U hav many stitches?
    U feeling ok urself?
    doing ok mainly tired, i think im adapting ok. Her little face makes it all worth while. The midwife said he had never come across a baby called daisy in all her years. which i thought was cool hehe.
    also bought sun cream which i must put on her in a min to see if shes allergic.

Lainy i hope your doing ok, i got contractions with the 2nd gel too they lasted about 4 hours. They broke my waters after the 2nd so hopefully that will happen you too. Good luck xx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

Thinking of you lots lainey - hope you got the epidural ok and you're well on the way. so exciting!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 daisybun

Hi girls, hope you don't mind me joining in at this late stage.

I'm due tomorrow and really don't want to go over because I've definitely had enough of being pregnant at this stage!

So any tips, tricks etc on encouraging labour? I've been doing all the standard stuff so was hoping for some extra suggestions. Everything is welcome, no matter how crazy it sounds - ill try them all :)

daisybun wrote: »
    Hi girls, hope you don't mind me joining in at this late stage.

I'm due tomorrow and really don't want to go over because I've definitely had enough of being pregnant at this stage!

So any tips, tricks etc on encouraging labour? I've been doing all the standard stuff so was hoping for some extra suggestions. Everything is welcome, no matter how crazy it sounds - ill try them all :)

I went over with both of mine (I'm 38 weeks on number 3 now) and I tried EVERYTHING on them - curry, baths, walking, sex, reflexology - the only thing I didn't try was castor oil. NOTHING worked...... I know some people swear by different things but I think it's just coincidence - I think that any of the above has as much chance of making you go into labour as sitting down watching Corrie does..... :)

I ended up being induced on both of them. Anyway, if you find something that does work - please share the knowledge!!

• Advertisement

I will highly!

I'm currently eating a pineapple (another tip I was given today) and watching the soccer. The pineapple is great, the soccer is boring. One of them has to work! ;)

I'd do anything to go early too - I'm thinking 3rd time lucky!! A friend actually mentioned pineapple today too - I hate it though! I think the thing which has most credence in my opinion would be walking as it's the most logical...... Walking definitely speeds up labour so it would make sense that it would bring it on too. now, I just need to find the energy......

highly1111 wrote: »
    I'd do anything to go early too - I'm thinking 3rd time lucky!! A friend actually mentioned pineapple today too - I hate it though! I think the thing which has most credence in my opinion would be walking as it's the most logical...... Walking definitely speeds up labour so it would make sense that it would bring it on too. now, I just need to find the energy......

Third time lucky indeed, you've earned it!

I went walking earlier but I'm so slow at this stage of the pregnancy that I'm barely moving :)

Daisy bun I feel ur pain I'm due Monday!! Terrible feeling
    God highly hope u get early this time !!!
    I feel this time next year ill still be pregnant haha!
    Lainy hope u ok

I feel your pain too Daisybun! I'm not due for over two weeks but feel like that already. The last stretch us hard.

Had a lovely evening with friends tonight and laughed so much. I'm wondering if that can bring on labour at all?! :) just trying to make the most of my free time while I have it! My friend has a pool so off for a swim at hers tomorrow. I warned her she'll think a whale has got into her pool!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭aknitter

Murdy that sounds lovely - a swim would be nice.

Daisybun the only thing I have to add is bouncing on a gym ball and pelvic tilt excercises are supposed to help. I love the ball as it really relaxes my back which can get very sore.
    I swear one of these mornings I am afraid I'll fall when I get up to go to the loo. The pain at night rips up my front from deep inside my pubic area or it goes up my back. My hips are on fire today aswell! - I think baby is in an awkward position for me. Wheres the nearest beach? I think I'll beach up for the day!

A knitter that pain sounds so tough. Will u be sectioned wit it?
    I am so uncomfortable and tired not sleeping at all its crap.
    Oh is driving me mad too he does no house work or nothing only when i nag which i hate. I do all things in house and get everything happening and just not able now and all catches up on me. No fear of him spoiling me anyway a mans world. Anyway that's my rant

Hope lainycool is ok and all over for her

Murdy be so nice to get in a pool but don't think I could get in swimsuits for anything ;! Enjoy!

Lynda - no section for me, tbh, thats a relief. I've been unable to do stuff for a while and I know that 2 days after baby those pains will be going so a section would have me off my feet longer, I am getting really tired of not being able to do stuff around the house (esp my own way), or just go for a walk and keep up with the 2 year old. I can ask to be induced but I'll wait and see on that one. If I haven't gone by the due date I'll ask for one then. Its tough alright with the men, my fella just has different priorities and want those done first so I feel like an awful nag when I say "No can you do x for me first?". Anyway, looks like the heat might just be getting to us! :) Babies will be here soon so thats something.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭paperclipgrad

aknitter, I had the painful hips thing, particularly at night/in the morning, but found that if I put 3 pillows under my head and 2 pillows under my ribs/bump, it seems to help a great deal, to the extent that I haven't had any hip pain for the last 2 days. Try experimenting a bit with multiple pillows/combinations/positioning. Hope it helps??

Another day of fantastic weather, went around town for a while, was great fun but my feet turned into the Pillsbury doughboy's feet....it's a bit scary looking! They were also quite sore, but felt better after putting them up for a while when we got home. How was your swim, murdy?

How are things going, lainy? Hoping we're due another birth announcement soon!!

Yes great sunny day. We went big walk in beach an paddles feet then came home and had pizza out back and went another walk;) hoping push baby out;) had
    Small blood stain on pants and alot discharge today so hoping its promising !!
    Last pizza before post pregnancy diet ;)

Hope everyone well. Really hoping manage sleep a bit even tonight as sick no sleep!

Hope youse all well and enjoying weather!
    How are the twins haven't heard from blue sky?

• Advertisement

Thanks paperclip, I've tried that but find when I come to get up, the pain is worse! Oh well, not long to go now, I can manage a while yet. We have tiles here and walking around in bear feet is heaven, helps keep the swelling down too!

Lynda hope you have movement soon!

Swim was fab - just had a lovely day in general. It was nice because I felt like I was having a normal weekend instead if just waiting for this baby. It really took my mind off it.

Unfortunately I am still very uncomfortable so have been awake since 5.30am, dying to go back to sleep now.

Hope we hear some baby news from Lainycool soon. Lynda, that does sound promising, we could have another baby here soon :) don't think I'll be going early at all but sure, you never know! :)

Swim sounds lovely murdy! Sleeping part is most annoying

I have been awake again pains legs and back and uncomfy
    Due day tomorrow ;(

Can't wait now to be comfy again and first night I sleep proper ;)
    Oh can do a night of feeds ;)

lynda18 wrote: »
    Swim sounds lovely murdy! Sleeping part is most annoying

I have been awake again pains legs and back and uncomfy
    Due day tomorrow ;(

Can't wait now to be comfy again and first night I sleep proper ;)
    Oh can do a night of feeds ;)

I was saying that last night - can't wait to not be pregnant and get a good nights sleep but then I remembered I'll have a baby so that's not going to happen :)

I went back asleep at about 8 and woke up at 11.30am but now I'm all groggy and grumpy. I ache all over and keep having annoying niggling cramps that don't seem to be going anywhere. I'm just in a bad mood I think! I think I'll just lie around and read my book today and eat chocolate.

Lynda - hope the pains start to do something, crazy that your due date is tomorrow. I've everything crossed you get some movement soon. Mine is still 2 weeks away but my original due date (going by the date of my LMP) is only 1 week away so that's making me grumpy too - that when I first got pregnant I didn't think the due date would change to be later!

Yes my original due date was 5 th June and it got changed. I'm just dying hav. It and all these aches to go! God I never imagined pregnancy so uncomfy and I bn lucky overall!
    Any second time mams No what happens when go over? Will they scan me to ensue baby ok in there? Because my dates mixed up I'm nervous. They let me go too much over!!

I'm a bit nervous about that too - because my dates were originally a week earlier I think if the baby comes and they don't induce me until the full two weeks after my due date the baby will actually be more than 2 weeks overdue which can't be good. I think they must scan you to check that the fluid around the baby etc is ok. I think I remember the midwife at my antenatal class saying but I've no idea. I might ask at my appointment this week actually, just for peace of mind. No point worrying about that too much yet for me.

When's your next appointment Lynda? Tuesday?

hey girls

hope you're all well and enjoying the weather - i'm trying to stay really busy to keep the days going fast. I've been in miserable form the last 2 days though - arguing lots with hubby - I think we're both on edge. I'm tired, he's anxious and worried about me - we're also in the mist of moving house so the house is upside down with boxes and we don't know what's going to come first - the baby or the house. But having one of those times where I feel it would be easier if he was back at work - roll on Monday!! it's probably because I feel like he should be doing more when he's here...... I asked him to take in towels from the line last night and I came down this morning and they're just thrown on the kitchen table - stuff like that. Was it really too much to fold a few towels and put them in the hot press!?!?! Turned into a massive argument - anyway, I know it'll pass! Everything is fine when we're out and about but at home I just feel like I need more help and he isn't giving it - I feel like I shouldn't have to ask him to fold up towels - it should be obvious - like I would ever take stuff in from the line and land it on the kitchen table.....??? AAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH - one of the fairies will come and do the rest! Anyway, hubby rant over!! I'm sure he's ranting about me somewhere!!!

To answer your question about going over Lynda - I know holles st won't sweep until 10 days and they won't induce until 14 days. They don't bend those rules - trust me - I asked on both the boys!!! now, of course if they're uncertain about size, weight, fluid around the baby etc that might all change. I was 4 days over by my dates on my first and they scanned me and found I was losing fluid so they induced me then - so obviously they will induce if they feel it's best to do so. I know different hospitals have different policies though - some will sweep after 5 days etc but HS were so strict on it with my last one. I think it's all about money and HSE budgets - if they intervene it's 30% more likely to end up in a section and sections cost money - so damn us uncomfortable mums - we can just suffer on!! that said, I'd much rather go natural this time than be induced again. Induction is PAINFUL!!

Ye next appointment is Tuesday. I was going ask at last appointment but then all went wrong wit heart beat etc. hope we all don't go overdue. If only pregnancy was 36 weeks! 36 weeks on is just so hard ;)

Thanks highly.
    I had similar rant yesterday my oh
    Is same. Honestly it's a nightmare ;)

Yes ill just ask bout fluid etc then cause i been havin so much discharge past 3 weeks and yest some spotting so would loVe no all ok. I no I'm prob just too nervous as first time cause all new but do get all
    Anxious. It sounds like Lainy had very tough time inducing so yes natural would be great ! But my head not engaged and just feeling it won't happen now !

• Advertisement

I agree - would love to just go naturally. Ideally would love waters to break so I know it's definitely happening and then it goes from there. Pity we can't order the type of labour we want! We'll just have to get what we're given :) At the moment every cramp/Braxton Hick is examined to see if it could be something more but it never is! Will see what the midwives say on Tuesday about engagement etc. I've everything crossed for you Lynda that you'll just go yourself very soon

My bump feels so much lighter than it has been feeling which had me worrying yesterday (i was thinking is something wrong with fluid, is baby not growing etc) but then I realised that the baby's head is engaged to some extent and your bump is supposed to feel lighter when that happens so I'm trying to relax. It's easy to get yourself worried about things though!

Advertisement