Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

canon xl2 question

Options
  • 04-10-2012 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭

Hi guys iv recently started to work with a small independent film crew editing and colour correcting. They are shooting on a canon xl2 and iv got a 5d mark 3 as a secondary camera. I'm trying to convince them to make the move to dslr just in terms of workflow. Instead of having to transfer everything from tape not to mention having footage from two cameras which isn't looking the same, its becoming quite annoying. Its so frustrating trying to correct the footage in post and I find the mark 3 much more manageable to work with and holds up better when grading. Do you think they should make the change or is there any point? I'm just thinking in terms of creating a fast and efficient workflow but it seems they are a bit too attached to the xl2. I need a solid argument!!! Cheers guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭briano.de.rhino

Well, it sounds like youre the new guy and theyve spent money on the XL2 and dont fancy forking out another say 5000 for a panasonic af101 or similar. You will find it tough to convince them.

I moved from a canon xm2 to af101 and eos 600d. I cant imagine copying another tape over in my life.uggh

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭steve_

I am the new guy yes but they bought the camera on a whim from a friend for I think 900 so they didn't break the bank swapping might not be such a huge issue. I have the 5d mark 3 and was hoping they would get a 7d or 5d mark 2. But we shall see.

Advertisement