Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a pet ferret

• 04-10-2012 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Looking for a young (As young as I can get to get him/her used to handling!) ferret. Buck or jil, do not mind. Would prefer an Albino.

Finding it difficult this time of year to get one. Not a lot on donedeal, pink paper etc.

Any ideas guys?

Thanks!

Mod note: Please note, the OP is looking for a PET ferret in this instance. Please do not post in relation to ferreting/hunting in this forum. Also, please do not post personal details: if you want to contact the OP, please do so by PM.
    Thanks,
    DBB

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15 brian45

i have a 5week old buck albino,im in galway,im handly him every day so hes not to bad

you can have him for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Arcto

Nice one.

I am in Cork. I will get back to you ASAP if I can arrange to drive up wthis weekend.

sound here my number,<snip>

Mod note: please do not post personal contact details. If the OP invites you to, you can PM them your details.
    Thanks,
    DBB

<snip>

Advertising is not permitted on this forum.
    Thanks,
    DBB

• Advertisement

This is back on the table if anyone has any info. Brian has broken forum rules unfortunately.

Thanks in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Kinzig

Theres usually ferrets for sale at game fairs..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Kinzig wrote: »
    Theres usually ferrets for sale at game fairs..
    And at a cost aswell
    Some serious prices because they claim they are from excellent bloodlines as in hunting
    A ferret is a ferret one way or other can be a pet and hunt tho the op doesn't want a hunting ferret
    Op as a lad that has 3 crackin ferrets could I ask why you want one and have you got experience
    Sorry for the question but people that are first timers with ferrets often abandon them for biting and it's not the ferrets fault it's the owners
    To stop a ferret from inflictin damage it needs to be baught as a kit within first 6-8 weeks and handled everyday it will play bite which is were you step in as a mother role and correct it and what works with me is pinch back of neck as the mother will bite here when her kits misbehave
    I have 3 that I hunt but I also have them run around the house and the 3 are little divils and are extremely funny and this is not just playin but develops a bond with you and them
    If there is anything you need to know do not hesitate to pm me il help as much as I can
    Atb

Hey again. Went into Sullys pet store in cork to get a hutch (Prior to spending the next day driving up and down to Galway to get a ferret) and the owner gave me one for free :) Very nice chap, spent nearly an hour in there chatting.

@Dodderangler: The ferret is for a pet, no hunting. Have a little experience with them. He is a little bitey at the moment, but hes gotten a lot better since I got him last Saturday. Extremely hyper chap!

If I have any Q's I'll be sure to send them on, thanks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭Rommie

Arcto wrote: »
    Hey again. Went into Sullys pet store in cork to get a hutch (Prior to spending the next day driving up and down to Galway to get a ferret) and the owner gave me one for free :) Very nice chap, spent nearly an hour in there chatting.

@Dodderangler: The ferret is for a pet, no hunting. Have a little experience with them. He is a little bitey at the moment, but hes gotten a lot better since I got him last Saturday. Extremely hyper chap!

If I have any Q's I'll be sure to send them on, thanks :)

Of course he gave it to you for free. You'll be lucky if it lives very long. Sorry Op but you just bought a ferret from the worst possible place. You should NEVER EVER get a ferret from a petshop. Who knows where they've come from or what kind of state their parents are in. How much did he really know about ferrets? What advice were you given? Do you know what to feed him, how to look after him? It's a male, right? Do you know anything about getting them implanted or neutered?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

OP went to pet shop for a hutch, not the ferret.

(thats the way i read it anyway)

Advertisement