Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PVC pipe connector

Options
  • 04-10-2012 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭

I am looking for some PVC pipe connectors. For example, I want to connect (seamlessly) two sections of 3/4 inch (bore size) PVC pipes together. Also, is there some kind of PVC pipe capping that is available? Where can I buy them in Cork? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

Id imagine B+Q in Mahon or T+A in Blackpool would have them,also Woodies,Kinsale road.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Flesh Gorden

If it's thick black alkathene pipe you'd need the correct fittings available from the proper plumbing suppliers like Irish International Trading

The DIY places wouldn't stock fittings for that type of piping

If not, and it's a beige coloured thinner qual-pex then:

Push-Fit connectors would be useful, no need to tighten them , push them onto each end of the pipe and you get a instant seal

the only downside is the price compared to traditional brass compression fittings (if bulk buying)
    but if you only need 1, it shouldn't make much of a difference

If in doubt bring the pipe with you

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭caoty

Thanks a lot. I am not an expert of this kind of stuff so I have to describe it in layman language. It is basically 3/4 inch (inner bore) electric cabling pipes (black) I bought in a DIY shop (cannot remember whether it was B&Q or another one). I don't know if it is the black alkathene pipe you refer to. I didn't see any connector on sale but I could have overlooked. The push-fit connector sounds good. I have no idea about the other type connector you mentioned. I suppose that the connector is better plastic too.

How much does this kind of thing cost by the way? Is the push-fit one available in a DIY shop? I can bring the pipe with me to the shop.
    If it's thick black alkathene pipe you'd need the correct fittings available from the proper plumbing suppliers like Irish International Trading

The DIY places wouldn't stock fittings for that type of piping

If not, and it's a beige coloured thinner qual-pex then:

Push-Fit connectors would be useful, no need to tighten them , push them onto each end of the pipe and you get a instant seal

the only downside is the price compared to traditional brass compression fittings (if bulk buying)
    but if you only need 1, it shouldn't make much of a difference

If in doubt bring the pipe with you

Advertisement