Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

atm charges on BOI VisaDebit card in UK

Options
  • 04-10-2012 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

can anyone tell me in plain english how much of a charge is there for using my Bank of Ireland Visa Debit card in the UK?
    is there a charge per transaction or is it a percentage of what u take out at any one time?
    also, do different atm machines charge more, and would i be better off going to a proper atm outside a bank, than use one in a shop.

hope someone can help that has experienced this with the same card in the same situation.

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Laura

Hi jimbobtravis.

Thanks for your query.

Using your Visa Debit card in the UK will incur the following charges:
    If you use the card to withdraw cash, there is a charge of 3.5% of the amount you withdraw with a minimum charge of €3.17 and a maximum charge of €11.43.

If you use the card at a point of sale, the charge is 1.75% of the transaction. The minimum charge applied depends on whether the transaction is done contactlessly or not. The minimum charge for a contactless transaction is €0.10 and the minimum charge for a non-contactless transaction is €0.46. The maximum point of sale charge is €11.43.

If you do end up using your card while you are away we would urge you not to use any ATM that you are in anyway concerned about.

Whether you use an ATM located in either a bank or a shop, the charges will remain the same.

Hope this helps.
    Laura

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

Could you just confirm that these charges also apply when using ATM machines in NI?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi ardmacha,

Thanks for your question.

The charges for using ATM's in NI are the same as the charges Laura mentioned.

Thanks

Billy

Advertisement