Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV Reception in Trim

Options
  • 04-10-2012 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me if they are having trouble receiving the main channels in Trim? My mother in law has been reduced to RTE stations only and her BBC, UTV + CH4 are unwatchable. The ariel guy told her that it was due to Garda signal interference, but I am not convinced that he wasn't just making excuses for his lack of expertise. We don't want to subscribe to SKY for her because she will get confused with the extra remote control. I need to know if it is worth getting her a freeview digital tv from the North so that she can get the channels, or if they are actually blocked.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭drvr

We use an old style ariel where we work in Navan. English TV channels have had a very bad reception for the last 2 months approx. I suspect that it is because they are going digital before the Irish channels. I think they won't be available in the next week or fortnight. You'll have to go with a compatible digital set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Q7

The UK (including the North) is turning off the analogue signal before the end of the year - same as here. Possible they have turned off or reduced the signal your currently getting. You won't be able to get the UK channels in the future unless you live near the boarder. You'll need a satellite dish to receive these channels. Also for Irish channels you'll need Saorview from the end of this month. You can get a digital box that combines Saorview and Digital Satellite so everything work of the one remote.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Arrow in the Knee

I also have noticed that the UK channels are gone worse over the past 2 months for whatever reason.

I don't have freeview yet. My UK channels BBC1+BBC2,ITV AND Channel 4 were always kinda blurry in my house anyway. Does anybody know the reason for this or is this just normal for everyone living in Meath?

How much does the Freeview Installation cost approx? As I need a dish, freeview boxes and the lot.

Any of you's know of a good installer in the Navan/Trim area?

Advertisement