Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dwg trueview query

Options
  • 04-10-2012 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi

I have an autocad drawing but do not have Autocad. I am using DWG Trueview 2012 and has always worked for me for opening CAd drawings. However a recent CAd drawing i was given when i open it it appears as per the attachment with none of the information diplayed, yet there is information on the drawings because if you look at the 2nd page of my attachment you can see in preview mode of windows there is information on the drawing

Any help much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Supertech

I'm not familiar with dwg viewers, but if you download the latest release of Draft Sight you should be able to open the entire drawing.

There's a number of threads about it on here, it's free 2D drafting software.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭ftlnn

dub50 wrote: »
    Hi

I have an autocad drawing but do not have Autocad. I am using DWG Trueview 2012 and has always worked for me for opening CAd drawings. However a recent CAd drawing i was given when i open it it appears as per the attachment with none of the information diplayed, yet there is information on the drawings because if you look at the 2nd page of my attachment you can see in preview mode of windows there is information on the drawing

Any help much appreciated

It appears to me that you are actually missing external reference files. Xrefs are other files loaded from an external source to complete the model. In autocad you can check this by typing the shortcut for the command Xr. This will show a list of inferences files. If this explanation is correct ask the sender to either bind then to the drawing before sending or send them as additional attachments. Copy all of the files to the same folder before opening. The preview you see on page 2 is a representation of what the file looked like when last saved NOT what it is.

Advertisement