Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it worth getting a Home Energy Survey done? And who to contact?

Options
  • 04-10-2012 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi all
    I'm just looking for some advise on the whether getting a Home Energy Survey done is worth it or if anyone has any experience with them. I understand it is not the same as a BER survey?

We have an old cottage built 1950's with a kitchen and bathroom extension. In the last 6 months we have spent alot of money and time putting in more insulation etc and trying our best to improve the heat in the house. In general the house feels alot warmer but we are still having some issues with condensation in bedrooms etc.

As I am an asthmatic we really need to tackle these problems but are thinking it may be worth getting a survey done before we go putting in any more money into the house. It would be great to see what other improvements we could make and get advise on the best course of action. Our budget is very tight and we have done the work the last few months by waiting until we get some extra cash in but I'm thinking in the long term is may be better to spend the money on a survey and getting advise so we know the problems areas we can tackle and know we are putting are money into the right areas.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Also does anyone know or can recommend anyone in the North West, Leitrim area who could carry out the survey?

Thanks a million.
    Tagged:

Advertisement