Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refresher or wait....

Options
  • 04-10-2012 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭

Thinking of upgrading the work horse lads.....but not sure if I should wait it out or do the bizzo now. Running a fairly modest spec now but was "cutting edge" the day I gave her life ;)

This is the machine I have now:-

2500k @ 4.8Ghz
    Asus P8P67 Deluxe
    Ati 6990 Vanilla
    8GB DDR3 2000Mhz
    Corsair H50 Watercooler
    Creative Xtreme Music S.C (must go for a start :mad: )
    2 x samsung 1TB HDD
    Coolermaster Realpower 1000w PSu
    Thermaltake Kandalf Super Tower
    G19 KB
    G700 Mouse
    Benq 24" TFT

I was thinking of getting one of them catsleap monitors or whatever they are called, that peeps are raving about but that will be the last of the upgrade.

What would you upgrade or would you leave it for a little bit longer.....:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Tij da feen

Look at getting a catleap. The 6990 it still an extremely good card, it'll run BF3 on max settings at 1440p. The only other thing it you have no SSD! Look at getting a 128GB Samsung 830 for your boot drive and a few games, or a 256GB if you feel like splashing out.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I was all set to get a catleap until a mate got one and had 7 or 8 dead pixels, sent it back and took about 7 weeks to get a replacment.
    When i heard this i went with a Dell U2421M 24" ips monitor as a compromise for peace of mind and rock solid warranty and am delighted with it.
    Now that my mate has the catleap back he says theres not much difference in the monitors in terms of image quality, although i havent seen the catleap myself but he saw and gamed on the Dell at my place.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Yeah the dead pixels is a kick in the ass alright, but if that did happen at least I have a very good 24" TFT here already.....how much more is the Dell over the catsleap anyway?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Yeah the dead pixels is a kick in the ass alright, but if that did happen at least I have a very good 24" TFT here already.....how much more is the Dell over the catsleap anyway?

I got mine for €280 inc shipping on amazon

Advertisement